Yall hate rich people?

yall hate rich people?

I don't mean as a concept or a class, but as people. When you meet someone wealthy or accidently stumble upon one of their milieus do you just feel like slapping the shit out of them?

I don't hate rich people. I hate select individuals who make their money off of the labor of others, and who use their wealth to influence government to plunder the rest of the country.
It just happens that most rich people fit this definition.

Not all and not on principle, but many.

Personally? No. Most of them aren't even bad people they are just following their self-interest within the Capitalist system.

It's the class system itself that is evil.

But a lot of them are odious psychopaths too tbh.

Why would I hate myself?

Those having wealth are not necessarily powerful and the powerful do not necessarily need monetary wealth. An American politician would be an oppressor had he not a single dollar to his name.

Yeah.
I don't need to, but I want to.

That's just people in general.
I've met plenty of lower class or working class people who'd fit that description.

the day when the machines necessary to prepare the soil for rich harvests are at the free disposal of the cultivators, the day when the worker in the factory produces for the community and not the monopolist — that day will see the workers clothed and fed, and there will be no more Rothschilds or other exploiters.
t. Kropotkin, "The Conquest Of Bread", pg 27

I don't hate the rich personally. I actually know a bourgie who started his own Silicon Valley company, making a nanotechnology. He's not stuck up or anything, but he will have to lose his stuff when the revolution comes about, because they all must in order for the MoPs to serve human needs in a sustainable manner.

I'd hate them, but I never really come in contact with them. I don't think I've ever met someone who was a millionaire

I'd say its more like that's how capitalism makes people but tomayto, tomahto etc. sho on and so forth.

😂

Interesting topic.

I understand that rich people are acting in their own rational self interest under the capitalist system.

At the same time their self interest is the exploitation of the working class (aka people like me).

So on one hand, I can separate one's personality from their class, but by default I have a default negative attitude towards the rich because of class consciousness.

You need at least 50 million in assets to be a bourgie nowadays, it's not 1930 anymore.

Am engineer making $300k annually is working class.

Nice meme. You think there's the same incentive to be sociopathic in an indigenous society that's highly egalitarian versus a highly unequal capitalist class-based society where the ruling dogma is "I got mine, nigga. Better get yours while you can and fuck anyone that gets in the way. Sometimes you gotta step on people to get to the top."

I think there is a higher incidence of sociopathic traits among rich people (and politicians) . I've seen at least one study that suggests this.

The only difference is whom it is okay to fuck over. In a tribal society you can only fuck over people not of your tribe group since they are "strangers". In capitalism everyone is a stranger and fair game.

If you live in a first world country chances are you've met a millionaire whether you know it or not. In the United States its estimated by Credit Suisse that there are 10 million millionaires. That's about 3% of the population and I assume you've met far more then 100 people in your life?

😭

One time I saw a guy crash in an Maseratti. It looked bad, but not so bad that it made me feel guilty when I drove off, even though I carry a med-kit in my car just for that occasion.

Also, he might have been drunk, since he was swerving a bit.

This post is essentially right: a million dollars isn't nearly as much as it used to be. Nowhere in there did I imply that millionaires "hang out" with ordinary working class schlubs but is it likely you've met one statistically? Yes, even if the only interaction you've had was just bagging up their groceries. The vast majority of millionaires would be made up of typical upper-crust petit-bourgs.

I can't speak for anyone else, but yes I personally hate them. I want to see them striped of everything they own, and everyone of these faggots forced from their LA McMansions/Estates, and forced to see how those on skid row live. From the assholes who work at the studios, to the ones that live in the hills, fuck them.

It really depends where you live statistically. If you don't live in a major city you're less likely to interact with millionaires since the ones in rural areas are usually there to be secluded.

Africans living in dirt huts and eating rice and bugs think the same about you edgelord.

Stop this meme it's fucking dumb if you think about it for more than 5 seconds. I don't know if you are trolling or just disconnected from reality.

Someone making $30k working in a grocery store is dependent on their wage.
Someone making $300k working as an engineer is not.

If you have $300k per year you can put away 20% of your income ($60k, double what the person who makes in a year) into savings.

You don't have to worry about making rent. You can take a year off work to study. You can retire. Your kids do not have to work during their education. You will never have crippling student loan debt.

You can earn so much compound interest from the stock market that you are free of 99% of the struggles that proles have. You have more in common with the owner of a fortune 500 company than you do with the owner of a convenience store.

This 100%. Also by that dumbass logic CEOs would be considered working class too

You're assuming that making money implies intelligence. Most Americans making 6 figures live beyond their means buying useless luxuries.

I have seen MTWs unironically use this same line of logic to claim that proles in the Third World have more in common with their own bourgeoisie then they have with workers in the core countries. It's a good question though, at some point workers can become embourgeoisified but the Left is always spinning around in circles and slinging mud at each other over the question of where that is.

Thats an idiotic /pop/-tier stereotype of people living in third world parts of Africa, and is essentially saying they would much rather be exploited by capitalism here, instead of where they currently live.

None of you understand the Marxist conception of class. Class is not a group you can put humans into as we do it in liberal democracy - with the lower, middle and upper class divided by income - class is a relation and this relation manifests differently for every individual. There are very few individuals who are 100% on either side of the relation.

Isn't that essentially true? I mean they are fleeing to Europe in the millions, and let's be real, many are or are at least attempting to gain conflict refugee or political refugee status under false pretenses to escape a life of poverty and unemployment.

True most Africans aren't leaving come hell or high-water, but most peoples prefer typically stay in the countries or regions of their birth if they can avoid it. It turns out the promise of a "good life" in Europe is tempting enough to get a lot of people to risk grave physical danger trying to make it to Europe, America or Australia.

no
no
no

I want to take all their possessions and assets away from them, I want to displace them from their positions of power and I want to dissolve the institutions that empower them, but no I don't really care about them they're just self interested humans.

nah just their kids

That's literally every business owner…
That's literally everybody that has any amount of money…

I guess we should rephrase the question >why yall hate people who make money?

Good post.

Ok enlighten me
(See picture)

What the fuck is the point of saying this? I mean no shit? You can say this for literally any disagreement.

This is like people who think they're being smart by saying:
Yes, no shit. Of course there are very few people who are 100% Democrat or 100% Republican on every issue, but drawing the conclusion that we can never use the term Democrat or Republican to refer to one's views is pedantic and doesn't actually accomplish anything.

absolutely. simply holding/hoarding massive amounts of wealth is inherently an indictment of one's character. plus, conspicuous consumption is repulsive in the face of mass poverty and suffering. i'm sure this will trigger the generic anti-humanist marxists who cry about "no ethics under capitalism" and how evil and LIBRUL charity is, but w/e fuck off. what's stopping these people from doing what wittgenstein did and living gamma ascetic lives?

Now that's rich.

Yes, and I almost hate the people who say we don't have to hate the wealthy just as much.

I linked the PDF for you to read. It is pretty short and concise, so it shouldn't be too much to ask. Instead of letting me do the arguing in me simply having to reiterate precisely what is written down in the PDF, why not open it and read that text instead of forcing me to write an essay?

My point is the thesis of the "argument" is fucking stupid, it doesn't actually argue anything. It's just pedantic fluff masquerading as some superior enlightened wisdom with some 3000 word document that nobody in their right mind is going to read.

I wasn't being hyperbolic, it is literally 2800 words long.

It's not pedantic fluff, it is summarizing the Marxist conception of class. And yes, reading longer texts is necessary to understand shit. 3000 words is not a lot by the way. An average reader can finish that in about 10-15 minutes.

Not surprised though that someone with your flag has an aversion to informing himself about the fundamentals of Marxism.

leftcom hobbyists should all be round up and shot

holy shit you people are insufferable

All leftists are hobbyists

Being insufferable is what we're here for, and we won't stop until you start reading theory.

Or just reading in general, for a start.

How could I? They've been raised to believe in their innate superiority and work ethic. They're incredibly brainwashed and ignorant. "Affluenza" is literally a (pop psych) disorder caused by being too wealthy to understand or relate to society. Money is a poisonous object, like lead, and capitalism is the disease it causes. How could I profess to hate the sickly?

Most of the time. I went on a Tinder date with a rich liberal once. Biggest mistake of my life. She told me she got an allowance of 500 dollars every two weeks from her uncle (she was 22) and got mad at me for giving a homeless person money.

The 300k engineer still has very little control over the direction of his workplace. He probably gets some influence over his own hours, but only to the extent of WHEN those hours are not how many he has. Management has probably nurtured a culture of shame to stop him from taking any of the vacation days he's earned. If upper management decides to go all in on a stupid idea he's got very little recourse but to start looking for work elsewhere. He does not have control over the means of production.

shove a book up your urethra

Did you not have English classes in high school or something?
Where they teach you that your writing needs to have a strong thesis so that people actually care about it?

Why would I disagree with your thesis, which you gave in a smug arrogant way, and then continue to read a 3000 word document that you gave with no description? Have you ever had a conversation with a real human before?

Is this how you try to convince people of your views, by throwing 3000 word documents at them with stupid arguments?

3p1c r04st friend but are you actually going to refute my point that your argument was just empty pedantic fluff to make yourself look smart?
(See picture)

Exactly. Leftcoms have literally never accomplished ANYTHING in their entire history but make smug comments. Their hero is a 300 pound meme whose greatest accomplishment was letting fascism take over in Italy.

epic, go back to Holla Forums and reply to some 'DRUMPF BTFO!!!' bait thread

If you directly benefit from the labor of others under your management, you are not working class. You are haute bourgeoisie or petite bourgeoisie. Otherwise, you are working class.

Idiot.

That would require a leftcom leave their parents' home.

I just want to the take the opportunity to point out that I only get this sort of reaction when I put on the Leftcom flag (90% of the time I don't). You people operate on memes, incapable of reacting with independent thought.

I don't know how many times I have to use this image

I'm surprised you are able to post at all, what with your own dick shoved in your face.

Uh, generally people give their thesis, and then they provide the support for their thesis, so you're basically just saying "i live in a bubble of stuff i already agree with fuck you if you want me to leave my bubble."

Of course not. I've met and had conversations with many rich people despite being quite poor myself, but I don't harbor any resentment for them as individuals. It is inherently immoral for them to harbor excess wealth for no reason other than hedonistic excess or for nothing more than making more money, but I don't hate them for it. Do you hate the drug addict or the drug? Yes, they are indeed responsible for their own actions, but they are sick and lost. They mistakenly believe that they can gain happiness by harboring wealth and are blinded by the reality of their actions. I haven't met a single one who had genuinely sat down and considered the entire mechanism of capital exchange. They are deserving of pity and guidance. Hating them solves nothing.

Of course, there are those who are fully aware of their actions and are too selfish and greedy to care. I don't hate them, because it does no good to do so, but the world would be better off if they were offed and had their wealth redistributed. But that is only because they are too far gone to be saved by pity and guidance, not out of spite or retribution.

If a dog bites you do you try to explain to it the error of its ways? No, you shoot it. Capitalist is dog.

all Fascists are LARPers with high level autism and undiagnosed psychopathy

That's not a very accurate equivalence. Do you shoot a puppy for pissing on your rug when it hasn't been trained? Of course not, you try to show it the error of its way. There are many rich people (and I'm talking 6 figure rich, not banker or CEO rich) who are still malleable and open minded like a puppy. It's only the strays that have lived in the streets and reverted to their savage instincts that are beyond saving.

All statists are mentally ill cucks.

If it was silk, yes I do.

We have very different ideas of compassion then my friend.

That's not how you use "whom"

Compassion is a swift death, cruelty is a prolonged death. True compassion is killing as many people as possible as painlessly as possible.

All collectivists are magical thinking drooling apes

Not to mention that being rich and communist are not contradictory concepts. Engels was a porky and did more for communism than everyone here could hope for. Taking advantage of the system and the muh privileges handed to you as long as there is no revolutionary potential, acting in your own self-interest is what you should do in fact, for if you wouldn't, someone else would simply overtake you.

Whom so it is permissible to exploit. Fucking grammar autism.

Nice meme

Whatever, close enough.

That's 100% true but this board is full of collectivist redditors who will insult you for saying it.

What if Engels actually tried to make sure that the workers will never abolish capitalism?

What if all capitalist in existence right now are crypto-communists?

Could the same not be said about us? Who decides who deserves death, and on what basis?

Absolutely, but I never claimed wealth is inherently immoral. I claimed that "it is inherently immoral for them to harbor excess wealth for no reason other than hedonistic excess or for nothing more than making more money." The manner in which wealth is used is just as important as the manner in which it is gained.

Everyone deserves death comrade. Everyone

The only rich person I've met was the owner of the local pizza chain I worked for when I was a teenager. He's probably a multi-millionare.
He tried so hard to be friends with me and pretend we're all buddy buddy looking back. It was weird. But that's probably more because he was Mormon. Anyway fuck him for the shitty management system and managers. It's not a myth that the most pathetic, powertripping, angry people become fast food managers. And this is intentional.
I've heard rich kids are pretty awful though.

This tbh. It's why I don't usually post using a leftcom flag anymore, being flagless forces people to actually read your argument rather than sperging out at what they think your tendency represents.

maybe not outright hate but a strong disgust. unless you win the lottery you cant get rich without exploiting poor people and i make sure not to forget that.

pic unrelated

I can agree with you on that comrade.

😂🤔👌🏻

shit i had forgotten how lottery works

apologies comrade im dumb af

I met the owner of a a really shitty shop I worked for. He had a whole chain of them spread out. He had the fairly normal 'I'm your friend even though I order you around' demeanor. Though he did mention he didn't want to expand north because of 'yankees'

I was to replace a woman who officially worked 80 hours a week and still took work home with her.

So yeah, fuck them.

It's far easier to be a shitty rich person than a kind rich person. This is a problem with the system, which the shitty rich people will defend.

Keep pointing out the system. Don't attack the rich unless you're literally doing it with pitchforks and axes.

being rich tends to give people qualities i hate but not really as a rule

The bourgeoisie are as much victims (by and large) of Capitalism as the proletariat, just in different ways. I know plenty of rich people and a lot of them are decent people: hate the game, not the players.

no. i'm lower middle class myself but i know a couple rich fags, infact a distant branch of my family runs a company w/ 100+ employees. some of them are genuine pricks, some are genuinely nice. some are even on the left side of politics. the multi millionaire guy who owns everything is a stereotypical porky though and acts like a prick to his own offspring. i can't stand him.

Nope.

Pretty much this aswell. I'd say you're more likely to be a cunt if you're rich but not necessarily. Saying that the only full on bourg I've talked to a lot is my boss and he's a massive twat but he does have ADHD which probably doesn't help.

This happens to everybody and there's nothing wrong with that. The only way it never happens to you is if you constanly regurgitate easy premade dominant propaganda.

No, I hate the system.
I want to be a rich person, and to do that I need to learn from people who are already rich. I think it's possible to both be a rich capitalist and work to improve the system.

Free will doesn't even exist, so it makes no sense to blame individuals. Capitalists are no more responsible for the exploitation of workers than you are responsible for the exploitation of animals. We are all victims of the systems we exist within.

Some of them are real assholes, yeah.

The truth is I'm a petit bourg myself.I rent my dead grannies apartment so I can be a self-hating NEET..

I went to a porky tier school, was pretty bad…
Could get some breddy hard c l a s s h a t r e d
sometimes…
It wasnt the fact that they were rich the people i actually hated were just pretty shit people as a whole…

Yuppies though…oh god thats a whole different ordeal…

You are very unintelligent

Depends. Generally if they seem like a down to earth, non elitist person, even if its an obvious mask, I can get along with them. That applies to almost anyone.

Capitalism is just as tribal. You have business partners, loyal clients, generally people that make up your sphere of influence.

All anarchists are naive

Yes. To all of the above.

People like actors, doctors and scientists can be rich without being a bushiness owner

I actually stopped hating rich people after getting into Marxism. I finally understand how the most weakest WASP nu-males constantly run shit even though I could beat up ever single one of their soft asses.

They're so smug because they know intuitively the state will kill and crush me for them

This is what a lot of people tend to forget. Being bourgeoise doesn't mean you control the machine, you're just a more glamorous cog within it. If anything the bourgeoise are more exploited and pitiful than proles; proles work to survive, booj work because of an insane and irrational greed. They have nice shit but at the cost of any meaningful life. It doesn't help that a lot of them, particularly the upper-executive kind, are trapped in a vicious cycle of debt-slavery where they can't live within their means so they take on debt and they're forced to keep working more and more hours while aiming for more promotions just to keep the quality of life they have now. But for the true booj who control the world, it's even sadder, in that they have no real reason to continually accumulate wealth; all the Clintons and Soroses and Trumps of the world don't even do what they do out of self-interest, but purely from literal insanity where they'll work themselves to death, fuck over countless people, lack any real relationships or meaning in their life, all just to see fucking numbers increase. It's hard for me to hate such people when they have all the opportunities and freedom in the world yet are still slaves to capital.

S L A V E M O R A L I T Y
L
A
V
E
M
O
R
A
L
I
T
Y

By whom's standard?

When I was like ten, I was friends with the son of the owner of the two most successful supermarket chains in my home country (I live in a very small country but still, he was really rich). One summer I went with his family to there summer house for the weekend and it was insane. It was there where I realized just how disgustingly rich they where. Two pools, TVs in every room, a quad bike for every kid and a fucking house maid. For 10 year old me it was just nuts, I thought this kind of shit was only in movies.
This kid was really lonely and sad. I was one of his only two friends. He was sort of isolated because his family was rich as fuck. He almost never wanted to play at his house. He was so fucking spoiled. He had two rooms at his house, one where he slept and one where he kept his toys, and he had a lot of toys.
I moved to another town when I was 11 and I have lost all contact with him since then. His life sucked because he was rich, he was so lonely. I guess when you have everything you have nothing? Because I knew this guy I cant bring myself to just hate all rich people, but instead I hate their class, if that makes any sense.

this is largely a psychosocial drive deriving from their relations to the material world, though, rather than a material necessity in and of itself. I don't feel bad for these fuckers, if most of them weren't literally buying multiple yachts on credit they could retire tomorrow and never have to worry about money while still affording luxuries 99.9% of people on the planet will never get a taste of.

How would you feel about a comrade who was only LARPing as a bourg to gain capital and social stature to help proles and the revolution?

Possibly working themselves into a political position while hiding their true power level.