What's your opinion of New Zealand?

What's your opinion of New Zealand?

It seems like a good place to move to, as an Easter European i dont feel that safe around the main continents now that retards have nukes in their hands.

New zealand seems progressive and friendly enough, apparently has some good fiber optic internet and it is far far away from all the shit that will be happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-om-ji-yin-s-nipple-69n1j7e/answers/new.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not gonna lie, the view is nice but the fucking Orcs shit up the place, and the elves are reactionary as fuck.

The TPP is still a thing their Porkies are trying to push, and iirc censors vidya and animu somewhat more in burgerland, not sure if they consider drawings the same as real people in terms of pr0n legality or not.

Huh? You can always download online so how does this affect you?

Don't really know much about it other than that Lord of the Rings is shot there

Good place with a culture of being laid back. Maybe good but also bad in getting anything done. I'd say would be the best place to raise a family.

Just keep away from Auckland for gods sake. You're not doing yourself or anyone else a favor unless you are a millionaire, in which case you can then possibly afford an average home. That city is being preyed upon by international and local slumlords.

t. kiwi

I though Auckland was the best place to go for immigrants?
How can it be so expensive?

They kind of remind me of Wales to come degree

New Zealand is part of the Five Eyes and an important military base for the US. If global war were to break out it would get targeted.

I don't think they have any US military bases but it does have some spy bases I believe.

Its one of the few western countries that will survive WW3 nuclear holocaust.

some* jesus my spelling

I don't think they have any military bases in direct control of the US right now, but just as it happened during WW2 they would quickly open up all their military bases for US usage. They're an important strategical location for taking over control of the South Pacific.

They have always had closer links to the Brits due to the commonwealth and so on

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-om-ji-yin-s-nipple-69n1j7e/answers/new.html

NZ stayed more connected with Brits where as Australia got more close to the USA than the Brits post WW2.

New Zealand is fucking full.

As a fellow Yuropoor, this statement in combination with your flag made me chuckle.

We are truly fucked, aren't we?

It's a rich neoliberal shithole, of course it's a nice place to live

I have a weird complex towards it.

On the one hand, it seems quite nice. On the other it seems disturbingly neoliberal even compared to my native UK (iirc they've got a budget surplus and they're still trying to privatise shit.) Then I dwell on how despite being a white western nation it (and Australia) are sort of in a weird culturally distinct spot and I wonder if as a result I'd always be some form of outsider if I lived there. (Even though I've got no plans to live there. That's the nub of the complex. "The same, but different.")

So, ehhhhh. I dunno. It's okay as western countries go. (Although the story of their Labour party being the one to institute neoliberal reforms still riles me up. I know it's the same basic story in every country, but their variation sounds even bleaker than Thatcherism.)

also I had a friend there who doesn't talk to me anymore which only adds to the mild discomfort.

Apparently they have a huge gang problem, This suggests that not everything is as rosy red as it seems, indeed it suggests that most things are much worse than they appear and that economic differences are immense.

Somehow they have draped themselves in a fantastical facade.

Wow what a very legitimate looking link and advertisement well fitting for this thread. And from a site I know a lot about too! I'll be sure to check this out!

Hmmm