Autogynephilia

Hey guys, I know this doesn't isn't really to do with politics but I wanted to ask here since its the most progressive.

So I've been having problems with my gender for a long time and I have been browsing /lgbt/ a lot and I encountered this:
boards.4chan.org/lgbt/thread/7873813

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanchard's_transsexualism_typology

I need to know is autogynephilia a meme, am I just a repressed trans person, or is it real?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/5788347/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

[-]

Some trans women do experience autopynephilia. But honestly something like 20-30% of cis women do too, and it basically goes on as a completely understudied phenomenon.

read Lacan

What does this have to do with economics or liberty?

Go back to cuckchan

hello fellow /agpg/er, two things:

(btw i'm the one who made that thread, purposefully choosing qtcommie, please dump more qtcommies)

Human gender/sexuality is many orders of magnitude more complicated than anyone can imagine. Every individual is unique, and we lack the understanding of neurobiology to even begin to categorize sexualities and genders into meaningful categories.
Your journey is ultimately one of self-discovery and only you can find the answers you seek. Don't expect someone else to hand you a box that you can fit neatly inside. In all likelihood the precise nature of your gender/sexuality will be different from that of every other person.

lol

What did xe meant by this posts

Who cares buddy do what you feel is best, what makes you happy. Anyone else telling you to do otherwise is just trying to be your master.

this.

Autogynephilia is a meme. The whole point of the concept is that trans women who are attracted to other women are just men who have a fetish of thinking of themselves as women, basically. Cuz women can't like women, only men can. Therefore if you like women you are a man.

It's some stupid ass cisheteronormative narrative.

Consider that any person who questions their gender for "a long time" is literally, by definition, not cis. It's really that simple. Cis people don't think about stuff like that, or if they do it's nothing more than a passing fancy with no emotional weight. You didn't give a whole lot on your story but I'm also assuming these queations have given you lots of anxiety, or that being told you have to be your assigned gender makes you unhappy. If either of those things are also true, it's even more likely you're trans.

Don't worry about it, no one here will judge you for your identity as it doesn't matter.

Do whatever you feel most comfortable with

I also get off at the thought of being a women. Its just retarded hoggwash to try and force people into the "muh [group]" identity.

People who are trans probably have it, but having these fantasies doesnt make you a transsexual. And even if psychiatrists defined this shit as some sort of mental "disorder", I dont see how the arbitrary classification about the "normalness" of a group of inherently distinct animals is of any importance. If it doesnt bother me, why should I give a fuck? I also fantasise about having wings and super powers, does that make me mentally ill too?

I do not consider psychology to be a hard science in any sense of the word, so don't pay too much attention to it. 30 years ago we classified being gay as a mental illness that should be cured with chemical castration and shit, so I'm not holding my breath.

Sage because not egonomics.

Also identity is a spook, its not important. Just do whatever the fuck you want as long as it doesnt hurt others.

Complete meme.

The theory is shit, but the idea that a portion of pre-transition trans women are turned by the thought of themselves as women is empirically true. The issue with Blanchard's theory is that he takes this to mean that these people are just men with a fetish, rather than women who are simply expressing their sexuality the best they can through the confines of a male body. There is a good bit of evidence to support the latter conclusion, while the former is mainly based on Blanchard making shit up and assigning narratives to people to fit his conclusions.

From what I've read, when people affected with "autogynephilia" transition their self-arousal generally turns into fairly hetero-normative attraction. For an anecdotal example of this, see: archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/5788347/

See you in the suicide ward, hon :^)

Mate if Im ever going to suicide you wont see me in the hospital because im not an incompetent idiot. Also I have no intention of killing myself, that would mean I let porky win.

Fuck me if this isn't some reactionary thinking. Ghost in the machine tier

How is ghost in the machine reactionary thinking?

Because it assumes the self is a thing separate from the body. That it can be trapped in a wrong body.

This is of course pure nonsense. You are your body. It is of course possible that your body-self does not want to be what it it is, but no way is this indicative of a separate self that is caught in a "wrong" body. It is only indicative of the state of the body-self, one which can be medically altered through drugs and surgery if necessary.

Do you ever recall you asserting yourself as a man being beneficial to you in any way?

Or were you always so anxious to do what you saw other guys did and were successful? And when you tried, you failed. And seeing others succeed where you fail is very frustrating.

If you never got in life what doing as a man usually yields and instead were wrecked with negative outcome, it is then easy not to think of yourself as a man.

You are most likely confused because being a man did not work out well for you so far, leaving you confused.

wow what an amazing fucking post, you really convinced me!

get this monist pleb out of here lmao

Thanks for the replies guys, the question of my gender has make me anxious and the fact you guys took time to reply makes me feel good.

Also sorry if off topic I just asking here because you guys seem to know a good amount on subjects like psychology.

Thanks again. :)

Also this was the results of my COGITAI test

Please avoid referring to Blanchard's typology as "autogynephilia," it's actually very confusing

Look, I'm just trying to say that a lot of people claim they aren't trans only to come out later. That doesn't necessarily mean you're trans, but you have displayed a symptom of it so you should open yourself up to that possibility if you want to prevent the harm of leaving a chronic illness untreated.

No serious researcher of transsexualism claims anything like this. Well, except a few of the postmodernists, but let's be honest, they aren't serious What I and others are saying is that the brain of a transgender woman is female rather than male, and the discrepancy between their neurological and physiological makeup causes something known as "dysphoria". Dysphoria manifests itself as unpleasant, but often subtle psychological symptoms and coping mechanisms created by the brain to try and compensate for the fact that it is repeatedly presented with unexpected hormones and bodily makeup. Since there is no known way of treating transsexualism through neurology, the best course of treatment is to alter a patient's physiology through what is colloquially known as "transition". Also, even if there was a way to alter a patient's innate gender identity, many would likely object to having something so fundamental to their identity altered, and might still prefer physical transition.

Google "Harry Benjamin" or "transgender brain study" if you want some evidence. There is an actual science behind this that focuses way more on material reality than the philosophy of the "self".

Not to be rude, but COGIATI is total bullshit. There is a reason that r/transgendercirclejerk uses material from that site so often.

Wow, don't overload me with so much evidence! That post has way too much empirical data for me to handle.

There's very little difference between women' and men's brains. Reminder that gender is a spook

I hate the idea that gender dysphoria can be attributed to some physical difference in the brain and that the only way to deal with it is through hormones or surgery. It sounds like the same bullshit psychiatrists spout that mental illness is an imbalance of brain chemicals and that these expensive, mind-altering drugs will balance those chemicals and make you "normal" again. I don't know if the "different brain" theory of gender dysphoria has as much (which is to say none) evidence as the "chemical imbalance" theory, but the very idea of it is extremely dis-powering and makes it sounds like the illness is a core part of you.

Why is it that body dysmorphia isn't treated by surgically removing fat or adding fake muscle or cutting off limbs, but instead is treated through actual therapy? What makes it different than gender dysphoria when they're both cases of the patient thinking their body is wrong and needs to change?

you can be transgender AND have a fetish

that's pretty much what my situation was, 3 years into HRT, still jack off to tg comics shit

no matter how anti-liberal this board try to look like, im sure most of liberals don't see themselves as such.

Because they actually have tried that and failed to achieve any relief or improvement in the quality of life in the majority of cases.
For gender dysphoria, while there are failed cases, a majority of them are still retain relief from symptons and some increase in quality of life.

very little difference =\= no difference
sage cuz this thread is offtopic

Autogynephilia is the "mental illness" described by the theory that transgender women who aren't exclusively attracted to men actually have a sexual fetish for viewing themselves as female. This covers lesbian, bisexual, and pansexual trans women. The term translates from Greek to something like "self-woman-love," with the intended meaning "love of oneself as a woman." The theory was originated by Ray Blanchard and Kurt Freund in the 1980s, and endorsed by onetime celebrity psychologist J. Michael Bailey (who later resigned as psychology chair at Northwestern University)

haha niggah wat Its like that paintin with the crazy stairs but with genitals and sexual preference wonder how many autonecroginaphilias there are in syria

S A G E

Take your irrelevant fetish shit to the leftytrash thread.

Im so neutral about these things i dont even care if nazis start to gas homos. People are starving to death and first worlders are having issues with gender.

Look mate I think I know better than you that I dont feel like I am a woman. I am into a wide range of deprived shit so I'm not trans for also getting off on that little thing.

True. They're mentally ill.

there exist people who just get off at the sexual fantasy of being female and having sex as the oppisite sex without it actually being gender dysphoria. They probably also get aroused by crossdressing. There are probably some such people whove been duped or duped themselves into thinking they're trans when they really aren't at all, they just have a fetish.
No, this doesnt imply someone cant be transexual and bisexual or homosexual. If anything Id probably suspect a transsexual person would be more likely to be bi or homosexual due to the effects of being the "wrong" sex.
But there are also people who arent actually trans they're just really turned on by a particular family of fetishes. And its easy to imagine the bizzare neurosis our society has with what makes you fucking horny somehow being an important part of who you are, in addition to the more justifiable fussing over awareness of gender dysphoria and getting people who have it proper treatment leading these people to identify as 'trans,' or just feel confused over 'gender'

I'm not Holla Forums, but this transgender fad has really blown up lately. You start wondering if it isn't really due to vaccines, anime, or the internet creating a space where people can meme themselves into believing anything.

fucking this

It's become a fad because homosexuality is mostly uncontroversial these days and people got bored with that subject.

Or maybe it's just the next step in human evolution, IDK

that's communialism :^)

This. I feel this way and the moment I cum I lose all desire to look feminine. I've seen polls on sissy subreddits and most people there feel the same way, just cis men with a fetish.

I did, and here's what the first article returned:
“Trans people have brains that are different from males and females, a unique kind of brain… It is simplistic to say that a female-to-male transgender person is a female trapped in a male body. It's not because they have a male brain but a transsexual brain.”

Well look at that, seems like there is only one unitary self, none of that wrong X trapped in Y. Educumate yourself!

That's more than a bit of an overstatement.

Within certain limits

For lack of trying mostly. The dominant theories on gender have been religioius ones for pretty much all of history and were often severely enforced.

Pretty good advice.

That would be pretty awful.
To a point. It won't be identical to anyone else's but it will have a lot in common with most people.