/leftyk/

Leftyk thread 5.0 or 6.0 or something like that. Either way it's the Mad Max Bernier edition. If you are Canadian register as a Tory and vote for him. If you aren't a Canadian them immigrate to Canada, register as a Tory, and vote for him. I want to be able to take a file to the mag pin in my SKS.

Other urls found in this thread:

primaryarms.com/troy-industries-16-5-56-upper-w-13-m-lok-rail-and-flip-sights-supg-5mf-16bt-00
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/31/building-simple-break-barrel-shotgun-scratch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because I'm bored and want to get the ball rolling I'm going to post my own personal guide for /nogunz/ maplefags who want to arm themselves.

First off you'll want to get a basic rundown of our gun laws. Firearms in Canada are placed in one of three categories…

These are completely illegal, and cover all automatics as well as several guns by name, including semi auto versions of the FAL, G3, and AK.

This includes any gun with a barrel length below 47cm, and/or a total length below 66cm, as well as some guns by name such as the AR-15. Magazines are limited to ten rounds and all restricted weapons have to be registered with the RCMP. To own a restricted weapon you need your Restricted Posession and Acquisition Liscence (RPAL), and you also need to be registered as a member of a gun club. It also gives the government permission to search your house without a warrant and without your consent, though they have to give you 24 hours notice and wait till you're actually home. Given our politics it's really not worth it, it makes you a target and gives Mounties and excuse to fuck with you.

Require a Posession and Acquisition Liscence (PAL). Literally any gun not covered by the other two categories. Rules for these are pretty lax, the only major one being that semi-autos are limited to 5 round capacity, but there are some loopholes that we'll talk about later. This category is extremely broad and includes everything from WW1 leftovers to hunting gear to modern assault rifles (limited to semi-auto of course). They don't have to be registered and the government doesn't get any extra priviledges to fuck with you.

Cont.

Use the catalog, you faggot.

Going to post this again because it's a great fucking deal, and you'd be dumb not to get one if you're looking for an upper.

primaryarms.com/troy-industries-16-5-56-upper-w-13-m-lok-rail-and-flip-sights-supg-5mf-16bt-00

So now that you have a basic rundown of our laws, let's go over calibres that will be relevant.

This is the standard NATO full power cartridge used in a number of Western battle rifles including the FAL, M14, and G3. It is still in use with the Canadian military in the C6 machine gun as well as their sniper rifles. It's also extremely popular with hunters, and can be found in any store that sells ammo. It's relatively powerful, with an effective range of 1000m, but it has the recoil and weight to match.

This is the standard NATO intermediate power cartridge, and widely used by militaries all around the world, including Canada, where it's used in the C7 and C8 assault rifles. It's smaller and lighter than the .308, and has a smaller recoil, making it usable in full auto. The trade off is a reduced range of roughly 300m.

This was formerly the standard cartridge of the Soviet Bloc and China, but has been replaced by the smaller 5.45x39 round. However it's still in use by a number of countries, and is mass produced and widely used, and as a result is extremely cheap. It has a range of roughly 400m, and a recoil slightly larger than that of the 5.56. It's main drawback is the fact that it isn't used by any North American military, and as a result it may become scarce in a combat situation. However it's cheapness, as well as the fact that several of the rifles we will be talking about use it, makes it worth mentioning.

This is the standard pistol cartridge of all NATO countries. It has moderate power as far as pistols go, but makes up for it by being smaller and lighter, and thus more can be loaded per magazine.

Your only real option for a shotgun, it's widely used and easy to find.

Cont.

Other thread is ded.

Next we'll talk about weapons themselves. There are quite a few options here so we'll break them down by category. An important thing to remember is that some of these are military surplus, or else are civilian copies of military firearms, while others are designed for sporting purposes entirely. Obviously a military focused rifle would be preferable.

A number of options exist here, but easily the best one is the Norinco M305. It's a copy of of the American M14 battle rifle, made using Chinese sweatshop labour so it's much cheaper without much decrease in quality. Semi auto chambered in .308, with compatible 5, 10, and 20 round mags. Can also be reloaded with stripper clips. This one also comes with a number of loopholes, since there are a number of magazines designed for bolt action rifles that will fit it. This means that you can legally own 10 and 20 round magazines for this rifle. It's biggest drawback is it's weight, these fuckers are infamously heavy, but are the most cost effective option on this list at around $700.

Other options for full powered rifles mostly leaves you with bolt actions. You have a few choices here, including the Mosin Nagant, Mauser 98, Springfield M1903, Lee Enfield, and Ishapore. The Mosin, Mauser, and Enfield, while great rifles, are chambered in calibres that you will be hard pressed to find. The Springfield is chambered in .30-06, which while not in use with any militaries, is highly popular in the civilian market, so you may be able to stay somewhat supplier. The Ishapore is an Indian copy of the Lee Enfield that's been rechambered in .308. They're hard to find, but are excellent rifles if you can get your hands on one. There's also a plethora of hunting rifles to choose from, but seeing as these weren't designed with combat in mind, I would disregard these for the most part.

Cont.

The rightists are training why aren't you?

It's like you're not even trying to hide how retarded you are.

Intermediate calibre rifles.

These can be loosely divided based on price.

At the low end (below $1000) we have the SKS, which can be found for as low as $200. They're semi auto, chambered in 7.62x39, and reload from a 10 round fixed magazine using clips, however they can be modified to use detatchable 20 round mags. They're sturdy, reliable, available, however they have some drawbacks including the weight and length of a full sized rifle, as well as shitty ergonomics (although this can be alleviated with tactical stocks). Also their 10 round capacity can be a serious liability in combat, so if you get one you'll want to improve upon it with modifications.

Also at the low end (about $800) is the Type 97, the civilian version of the QBZ-95, the infantry rifle of the Chinese Army. These are bullpups, meaning the trigger is located in front of the action. This makes them more compact, but also means left handed shooters can't use them without getting a face full of bras. They have a reputation for being reliable mechanically, but the ergonomics are also supposedly quite shitty. They take detatchable AR mags.

The semi auto version of the ArmaLite AR-18, which was basically the poorfag version of the AR-15 designed to sell to militaries who were too broke to afford the better known rifle. It was never adopted officially but was used extensively by the IRA. They are known to function well enough, although their reliability is less than that of a proper AR. In addition they have a proprietary magazine. Still, for under $2000 it will get the job done.

At the mid range ($1000-$1500) you have a few choices, including the VZ-58, Type 81, and Ruger Mini 14.

This is the assault rifle built for the Czech military in the 50s. It looks like an AK but functions more like an SKS. They come in both 7.62x39 and 5.56 NATO. Here is another loophole, since the 5.56 versions can be adapted to use 10 round AR mags, which are legal in Canada because ARs are restricted. They also come in several barrel lengths, but the shortest ones are considered restricted. They load from detatchable 30 round magazines, but can also use stripper clips.

This is a sporting rifle, so normally I wouldn't bother with it, but it is essentially a scaled down M14 so it has good ancestry. They can be had for about $1300, are reloadable with clips, however they don't take AR mags, and their proprietary mags are a tad expensive. They have also been known to have accuracy problems, but newer models resolved this.

The Chinese rifle adopted to replace the AK, it was recently scrapped in favour of the Type 97, and now China is selling off a lot of them. Even so they still go for around $1000. They use AK pattern magazines and are chambered in 7.62x39.

Finally at the high end we have some real nice, albeit pricy shit. If you are a self hating porky with $2000+ to blow this shit is worth your while.

This is the civilian version of the IDFs latest rifle. They regularly go for over $2000 but have a reputation for handling really well and functioning reliably. They are also a bullpup that takes AR mags.

This is the civilian variant of the SCAR rifle, which can be found in either 5.56 or .308. Like the Tavor they are expensive as balls, but are known to be light, accurate, and easily modified.

Is this some kind of parody? Do you have even a shred of self-awareness, or dignity for that matter?

What are you talking about?

Calm down Aaron Sorkin

IT'S NOT FAIR, THIS ISN'T HOW THINGS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE, I WANT A SEXY M14 COPY

Can't you get a real COLT® brand COLT® Expanse™ M4?

What can a resident of britbongistan do?

Join a shooting club, get a license.

Are there any that aren't full of right-wing gun nuts?

"Right wing gun nuts" don't exist in the same way in the UK. Sure we have the vets that go a tad nuts (see Jo COx), but most gun owners in the UK are either farmers' (& their mums) or rich, aristocratic types. The former come from a broad spectrum of people, the latter are "right wing" but not "muh gunz muh freedum" types: more "let''s go shoot some pheasant" types.

Theres probably gonna be a lot of Tories but not as bad as the US

I actually bought my FNX-9 at a gun show for about $475, I really like it a lot. Ammo gets expensive though, would you recommend remanufactured ammo of any sort?

As I said, rich "let's go shoot some pheasant" types.

I mean in the morland everyone shoots grouse, it's just a done thing.

Don't shoot reman stuff unless you did it yourself and are competent at it. A lot of that shit is inconsistent. Honestly, though 9mm is cheap as fuck. wikiarms.com is your friend.

I just wasn't expecting 9mm to be ~15¢ per round. What's the average amount of times people go to practice shooting? I find it's like $50 or so for a box of ammo that lasts long enough for an hour of use, which I wouldnt mind if I go once a month but I don't think that's enough to get proficient.

There are other drills that you can do. For example, drawing and dry-firing can be done at home, and there's nothing wrong with getting yourself an airsoft gbb analogue for your gun either. That helps with trigger control. Once a month is more than most people do anyway.

And by the way, if you're shooting about 300 rounds per session, that's a heavy session, but only if you're actually incorporating drills and shit into it. You're practicing more for personal defense, which at this point may be of higher priority than handling a carbine. Honestly, keep practicing with 9mm, and don't be afraid of steel case.

So I've been thinking about if a civil war happens in America and there was one thing I realized that if the left and right do get in a war is that I realized that both sides are going to use guerilla warfare that is unless the right gets added as part of the military instead and end up using regular tactics, but one thing I have to wonder is since guerilla warfare a lot of times uses hit and run tactics I have to wonder how in the hell are both militias on the left and on the right going to fight each other? This just sound like it's going to end up a shit show if both sides are both attempting to hit and run constantly and remain hidden. How should we prepare tactic wise?

My two guns.
(Images aren't mine because FBI.)

Screencap from a good thread years ago.

I have a PTR91FR as well, and it's a sweet-shooting DMR-type gun. If you don't yet have an optic, I recommend SWFA 10x scope and building your own little comb riser. I did and it works great. If not, I've been looking at IOR optics, and they have a 6x scope with an illuminated BDC reticle of the SVD style. Also don't spend too much on a bipod. A buddy of mine bought like 3 Green Blob bipods and they're almost identical to the Atlas bipods for like $50.

Yeah, I love shooting mine. Shame that .308 is so expensive.
My PTR came with a 10x scope and claw mount, but I don't have a lot of experience with optics so I haven't touched it at all.
I'm starting to think that getting a 1911 was a mistake.

I'll start.

Fucking shameful.

Don't worry at all. What kind of scope is it?

A handgun is a handgun. 1911 isn't the best gun out there, but it works for general use. I prefer 9mm, and currently carry a P-09 or 75 compact, depending on how I dress. The P-09 is a full-size combat handgun, though. Shit has 21rnds/mag.

Nugget is a shit rifle and while fun, isn't for combat.

I don't know off the top of my head, sorry. I put it in storage and haven't looked at it since. When I go to my storage space in May, I'll get it out and write down what model it is.

The 1911 is alright, it's just more fiddly than more modern pistols. I only got it a few months ago, though, so I'm still getting used to it.
Part of the reason for me getting a 1911 (as opposed to a newer model), though, was so that my normalfag friends wouldn't freak out; since it has wood grips and a recognizable (and, to their normalfag brains, "old") appearance, it was my hope that they wouldn't ask many questions about it. Same reason I made sure my PTR had wood furniture.
It's amazing how normalfags will see a gun as "scary" if it's black or plastic.

I bet you like .40 S&W, you faggot.

Cool, for all you know it's a good piece of glass. I recommend you watch the sniper 101 series on youtube. This isn't 100% applicable to you, but it will give you some pointers.

lel
.308 is $1/round where I live. Life is suffering.

It's cheap, common, and versatile. Nuggets are perfectly acceptable for guerrilla or militia use.

Will look it up when I get the time. Thanks. comr8.

It's no longer cheap, it's common, but good luck fixing it if it breaks, and it isn't at all versatile. A cheap hunting rifle would serve you better.

You wouldn't know, since you've never been in either situation. Stop trying to state you opinion as fact, when all evidence points to the contrary.

What about building/buying AR-15's?

Do it. Build a lower and buy a complete upper is the easiest route. A complete upper is linked ITT. It might be beneficial to nominate an armorer if you form a group, that way everyone can have shit built and repaired.

what does any of that even mean, I'm nogunz right now.

An AR-15 has two major parts to its receiver, the upper receiver, and the lower receiver. The lower receiver is what you buy at a gun store and is considered the real gun. The upper can be bought through the mail. The rest of the parts that attach to the upper, such as the barrel, bolt carrier group, charging handle, sights, and so on, can be had with the upper to begin with. The barrel is also a bit trickier to attach and requires tools and skill. The lower receiver is much easier, it only has a couple of pins, the fire control group, buffer system and stock. You can build that yourself at home with minimal tools. The only help you might need is in staking the castle nut, which I recommend on a fighting rifle.

what should I get in new york

That's not how CS gas works, and that's a terrible idea. Get a real promask. They're not expensive and actually work.

Is this in the states or in canada?

US, but the general layout of the rifle shouldn't change country to country.

Reminder that right-wingers can and will try to false flag left-wing gun clubs and this should be reported to said groups.

Never heard of one. Are you shitposting?

Sage is not a downvote.

There's an entire thread about them. Holla Forums is super salty over it.

your bait was so bad you didn't deserve a formal (you), so you got a dot instead.

That doesn't have anything to do with you using sage like a ledditor.

I use sage every time I post on a thread with discussion that I don't consider worthwhile.
Blame Hotwheels for showing whether posts are saged or not.

Dumping /k/ related infographics

derp, forgot Im on Holla Forums. Multi-postan

Thanks, /k/omrade.

Bonus guerrilla tactics PDFs

what is that part you posted supposed to be?

Some kind of mechanism for making converting a semiautomatic AR-15 to automatic.

I can't read any of the details regarding these guns.

save it then read it.
geez reddit.

That didn't help, it must be a bit map image, it just turned into pixels when I zoomed in on it. Can someone upload a higher rez image.

There's nothing wrong with the image, fam.

Guerrilla forces only use hit and run tactics when they are heavily outmatched, as in the case of an irregular force versus a modern military (ie. Vietnam, Afghanistan, etc). The point of this is to avoid a pitched battle in which the modern force would undoubtedly win. But you have two irregular forces then one won't be so hopelessly outgunned, and they will be able to fight each other more directly. It would basically be like the fighting between ISIS and the YPG.

out, preferably to a free state

Please stop posting these. A lot of them are nonsense, especially that map. I don't know if you noticed, but DFW isn't a fucking desert environment. It's green as fuck. However, if you want some DIY shit, at least have this:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/31/building-simple-break-barrel-shotgun-scratch/

Have any leftist nations not involved in active warfare supported gun freedoms for the general populace?

What does that have to do with this thread?

Chipas. They are not involved in any conflict: I don't think a single person has been killed between them and the gov since like 2011.

I think it's worth bringing up tbh. You have so many people here who unironically bring up past communist nations as a model, when none of them as far as I know allowed anything like the freedoms which the United States has in this regard and the contemporary United States is far from perfect

Chiapas may not be in direct conflict, but there is a tension between them and the rest of Mexico.

We can look at past nations and take good things from them while leaving out the bad. I love the US, and you could even call me a patriot, but the fact is that we need to move beyond capitalism or the vast majority of my countrymen will one day wake up to find that they are as poor as any Indian or African in the richest country in the history of the world. That's where neo-liberalism and global capital are taking us.