Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!DJdkhYTR!gNrR2Hm7we5O0dyfwBHG0g
mega.nz/#F!eUlWRQxR!9LG4fzKLvNTiM0CKgUjqvA
lacanonline.com/index/find-a-lacanian-psychoanalyst/s
thephilosophicalsalon.com/the-sexual-is-political/
archive.org/details/IntroducingLacan-English-GraphicBook
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im interested in getting into it if you have any good introductory texts

actually im interested myself and was looking for people with introductory texts :c

more like psuedoanalysis am i right

no

what a mess of a thread

Freud's "Interpretation of Dreams" I'm not kidding. Very good book.

ill check it out

Freud takes about 100 pages to review the current ideas pertaining to dreams, their causes, their meanings.

His idea is that every dream is a wish-fulfillment, even if it takes the form of a disguised fulfillment or a disguised wish.

I see from reading this and other Freudian texts Lacan comes to his conclusion that "the Unconscious is structured like language"
What amazes me most is how this holds across languages. It shows up in German in Freud, and in the Fink text I am attaching it shows up in English or other languages.

If what I said is confusing, just read some of Freud's interpretations of his own dreams or his patients'.

Why would I be interested in pseudoscientific hogwash?

cos consciousness is still a mystery and an interesting one. so is desire. so is who or what we are deep down. if you think you have the answers, then great for you. Freud said that working with dream material was not and could not be a science, but he did help people with symptoms through his methods.

Anything capitalist academia doesn't like must be doing something right.

1997 -> 2007 -> 1995 as suggested by our favorite local Zizekian Ginjeet

The Century of the Self is a good documentary.

This.
If it triggers reactionaries so much it's worth looking into.

1997 → 2007 → 1995:

Study help:
mega.nz/#F!eUlWRQxR!9LG4fzKLvNTiM0CKgUjqvA

Find a Lacanian analyst:
lacanonline.com/index/find-a-lacanian-psychoanalyst/s

Capitalist academia also dislikes climate change deniers, does that male them worthwhile? 90% of psychoanalysis is just conjecture dressed up in overly complicated language to make it seem intellectual. Lacan is a prime example of this.

huehue, yeah, no

Neuroscience and psychology exist to discover those things.

Hi Deleuze (&Garfield)!

Give us a SINGLE source for suffering subjects to get better! Give us a SINGLE source on how, according to your system, people who are suffering, should get better!

Wut? You don' have none? :^D
OMG? mabbe you are shit altogether, m8!

Yeah, communism, democracy, due process, psychoanalysis, law as such, and so on, are all "pseudo scientific hogwash!"

Why would you give any precedence to these without any fedora.wikipedia.com background?!

I'm gonna be reading that book over the coming week :^)

Öld meg magad, te utolsó seggfej, vagy megteszem én, csak várd ki a percet!

Outside of fringe conservative think thanks the scientific academic consensus is that antropomorphic climate change is 100% real.

Yes. The sciences as a field are vital, and scientific truths not being withheld even under a capitalist mode of production shows that academic rigor persists in these fields.

Sounds like you're so mentally marrooned in the realm of vulgar scientism that you fail to entertain theoretical understandings. That is if you've actually ever bothered to try to read some psychoanalytic work and don't have all your wisdoms on it from Chomsky videos on Youtube and rationalwiki.

He's not Hungarian. He is Dutch or German (not sure) and for some reason the Hungarian Revolution is his shitposting flag.

what do psychoanalysts say about neet transbians

www.e-flux.com/journal/32/68246/sexual-difference-and-ontology/

what do they say about gay traps like rebel

heard this book was the worst of theirs. I am reading A Thousand Plateaus and am much more pleased. Helps to read Freud first to understand the anti-Freud.

they actually exist to strengthen and maintain capital. the neuroscience I've seen involves shooting up mice with drugs then cutting apart their brains. cell types, receptor types (and subtypes), electrophysiology…none of this tells me about consciouness or desire but if you know about the far out neuro labs that are delving into deep shit tell me. far as I see the most they want to do is make drugs to make people complacent. same goes for psychology basically.

Also by Zizek: thephilosophicalsalon.com/the-sexual-is-political/

Tudod, amikor arra kerül majd a sor, hogy falhoz állítsuk a "jóindulatú" reakciós geciket mint te, akkor majd mosolygunk, és egy erőltetett ingert elmorzsolva szájunk szélén küldünk téged Golgotára. Az lesz az igazi történelmi pillanat, mikor a suttyó fajtád erre-arra hivatkozva próbál egy utolsó lélegzetvételt véve kapaszkodni abba az ál-egalitárius folyamatba, ami per definitionem meghalad titeket…

Ekkor, mi, reakció nélkül állítunk falhoz, s húzzuk meg a ravaszt, s nem marad belőled semmi, csak adat.

Te most hiheted azt, hogy ismersz, és ebből kifolyólag megúszhatod. Nos, tévedsz! Listázlak, geci! Le vagy maradva, mi több, jelenlegi listám szerint a nép ellensége vagy! Készülj fel rám, és készülj fel a fajtámra! Jelenleg a gijjotin a nyakad sorsa, te utolsó individualista fattyú!

speak english

that other fag with the '56 flag gets died

Yes. Hey Freudfag, long time no see. Could you post some more advanced ordered reading lists. I've finished those three books by Fink but my understanding is still baby tier. I remember you once gave me a list of journals and websites touching psychoanalysis, would appreciate if you reposted it (it contained the Umbr(a) journal)

Bump.

Seconding for this. I've read the three recommended Bruce Fink works and wanna know where to go now.

i know psychoanalysis is probably bullshit

i just see it like film analysis or something, it's kind of cool to read about

Psychoanalysis has nothing to do with any of those things.

proofs?

That's precisely what I'm saying you mong, just because 'capitalist academia' has a concensus on something doesn't mean they're actively hiding some secret truth. You're on the level of flat earthers.

archive.org/details/IntroducingLacan-English-GraphicBook

Best intro to Lacan I've found.

That's some very elementary stuff, though. You'll need PDF related to really get a decent understanding.

Neither, really, does philosophy. We are constrained to relatively crude methods in many ways, because we lack better ones. There's no capitalist conspiracy against unraveling the "secrets of consciousness" and solving the Hard Problem, and certainly it would be profitable for any individual to do so, since capitalists are both in a position to themselves profit and very good about making it profitable for others to reinforce their rule, whether in scientific discovery, spectacle "activism" and "politics," whatever.
A lot of things in society "exist to strengthen and maintain capital" but what you have to realize is capitalist goals and social need are not at fully 180 degree angles to one another. Society manufactures cars because it is profitable for Porky, but this also fills a social need - although planned obsolescence and artificially high prices then partially contravene it. Best to look at the actual structure of the profit motive and its expression in society.

This

In the case of neuroscience, if we assume that consciousness ultimately has a material basis to it, we can get closer to understanding it by studying the material structures presumably involved. I know it's unsatisfying and doesn't live up to its naive cultural perception, and that undergrad degrees in """neuroscience""" are just a bunch of shit intro courses in biology, chemistry and psychology, but still.

This "drugs are supposed to make people complacent" stuff is impressionistic crap. Mental illnesses have molecular bases and there's no reason to shun treatment as immoral or "inauthentic experience," or reduce them to mere social practice. Yes, capitalist conditions may very well contribute to depression and anxiety. But these can themselves be debilitating and prevent people from agitating for a post-capitalist world. If it wasn't true that drugs make people accept the status quo with open arms, the capitalists would still sell us the rope we use to hang them. More of their individual incentives might, though, line up with eroding social programs which provide them to more people, rather than working to expand their use to broader sections of the masses. Which seems closer to what we do observe.

Elvtárs, chill, kérlek
Nincs ok dühösnek lenni

Psychoanalysis is largely disproved pseudoscience. Look into behaviorism or cog psych if you want something with actual scientific merit. Behaviorism is more compatible with leftist ideas than psychoanalysis anyways.

Yes but psychoanalysis gets so much of this wrong. The fields of psychology and neuroscience have moved far beyond this pseudoscientific bullshit. Don't ignore scientific facts for outdated ideas, comrade. That's what right-wingers do.

Freud was very anti-Marx. His ideas are fundamentally incompatible with Marxism

Chomsky destroyed behaviorism and cog psyche is part of the reproducability crisis that is afflicting science atm and is the crux of that scandal

you've said nothing in this post.

Psychoanalysis worked, in that checks were cashed and psychoanalysts were able to sleep with their female patients, but beyond that not really

Ah yes if there are flaws in some of those fields then obviously the psychoanalysts were right all along

Chomsky destroyed behaviorism within the context of language development but that's about it. Most aspects of behaviorism are still relevant, much more so than psychoanalysis

I've explained briefly that psychoanalysis is no longer considered scientifically valid. If you can't comprehend that, I can't help you