Good day Comrades!

Good day Comrades!
What is Leftypol's opinion on hallucinogens? Do you think they are a distraction for the lumpen? A vehicle for expansion of consciousness? Utter druggy rubbish?
In my personal experiences, I have lost any notion of tribalism through the use of lsd/mushrooms/dmt.

In the society after the revolution, do you think a brave new world style soma has a role?

Other urls found in this thread:

metronews.ca/news/vancouver/2014/03/13/photos-inside-a-legal-b-c-medical-marijuana-grow-op.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BqPNpZzE9xc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reality is the escape from our internal experience when affected by hallucinogens.

They provide beautiful experiences, but we are unfortunately stuck in this material reality.

I support their use for finding inner peace or even for monthly recreation. However, the battle continues after your trip is over. Do not get distracted with trying to "find your true self" or another noble project like spreading Esperanto, Buddhism, or any non-leftist direct action.

I'm too afraid to try them out because I don't think I could bear returning to the poverty of everyday life under capitalism after it but otherwise I don't really care.

LSD really helped me with understanding some concepts better such as HiMat

Hallucinogens are fine, usually not addictive. People trip for a while then go back to work.

I think there should be a weekly day off for everyone specifically designed for hallucinogen use

Somebody should do that brain meme with hallucinogens

From top to bottom
LSD, salvia divinorum, mescaline, DMT

It's been done.

4ho-dmt > dmt

They don't do shit for me. One of my worst expereinces was doing mushrooms with some friends and feeling like an asshole while they were talking to trees and shit.

All drugs are merely a distraction for the working class, they serve to make them gain no further class consciousness. It's one of capitalist ideological nicelings to make them desire escape from the world of matter into the world of idea.

Are you sure that the drive to escape from the material world isn't just due to the exploitation by capitalism? Yes, hallucinogens can be used to escape, but I find that can make you break from the mold and start having anti-societal thoughts. Heck why on earth are they banned if they are a tool of the capitalists to subvert the working class?

They are worth trying, if you have a reliable dealer.
I mean, of course they should be legal, but I'd be just a bit worried about the purity of any LSD that someone was trying to sell me. I don't know the market right now, and it's usually somewhat regional anyway, but I heard that there were a handful of people selling DOI (and I think also 2cE) and calling it acid in the midwest back around 2010. That wouldn't be ideal, especially if you weren't sure what to expect.

Regardless, I think they're interesting in that they drastically change your perspective for a little while. I don't think tripping is an inherently lumpen activity, though like anything I suppose it would depend on how often people are doing it.

Do I think something like Soma has a role in post-revolution society? Honestly, probably yes, though it would be interesting to see what mental healthcare looked like in that society. Without a 40+hr work week and a lot of the other shit that goes into modern society, there may be less requirement for something like soma.

From personal experience, I took sertraline (and anti-depressant) for around two years, and I think it likely had a hand in me not killing myself at that time.
If you're in a bad spot, a chemical can help -but it shouldn't be the solution in and of itself, which right now it is for a lot of people because it is all that they can get. Anti-depressants combined with some counseling and support from your friends/family/community is a long term solution, but the anti-depressants might help you make it to the long term.

DELET THAT IMAGE NOW

You're both right. People use drugs, because of the alienation brought on by capitalism.

However, it'd be better to pursue Islam instead of drugs tbh. Seeking temporary pleasures will never truly fulfill you, and wasting your mind for hours is really silly :^)

Idk. Maybe the same reason as weed? To fill prisons, and get nearly free labor?

I've never tried Islam, but if it's anything like Christianity, I can tell you I was forced to waste my mind for hours in church every Sunday.

You are correct about the assertion that substances are illegal to fill prisons though.

best end

Friday sermons aren't that long, and worship isn't a waste of time. You maintain your mental faculties as well, unlike with drugs.

Who said anything about fulfillment? Is it wrong to do something for just pleasure?

longterm effects of drugs are dependent on the substance. Please don't lump them all together. Alcohol has been shown to cause dementia. As far as LSD and Mushrooms they are benign. As for shortterm mental faculties, who gives a fuck?

underrated post

Sure. It's used as a distraction from all the problems people face, without confronting them. Like I already said: "People use drugs, because of the alienation brought on by capitalism."

I'm not. Obviously, alcohol is worse.

It is if you're forced to do it and would rather be doing other things, but I think we can split the difference here though, if I thought there was a god or gods of some kind that were impacting my life I could see how kissing their butts for awhile might be cathartic, I suppose.

I don't know dude… I've seen some pretty insane people come out of religious services… Really, until mescaline bombers and ecstasy extremists become a thing I think the claim that religion messes people up more psychologically is quite valid.

Well, I'm sorry if your parents dragged you to Church against your will. I'm not advocating for that.

That doesn't even make sense…drugs aren't an ideology, so how can they be compared to one? When you compare it to other ideologies (ex. conservatism, Nazism, American exceptionalism, etc.) you see that any ideology can be used to justify acts. The answer isn't to be some "enlightened cause both sides are wrong" centrist.

Dr. Leary would like a word with you.

All civilisations where intimately connected to some drugs. The birthplace of western civilisation, Greece, had a close cultural relationship to psychdelic drugs. Capitalism and increasingly hierachical societies severed that cultural integration of drugs and made them into a commodity. Islam is the saddest religion for being the furthest away from the original source of genuine unhierachical spiritual experience.

Lots of uninformed people in this thread.

Hallucinogens better known as psychedelics are any chemical that alters the patterns of perception. They do not create false images or sensations of apathy or an alternative reality that is more interesting than this one. They do not at all function as an 'escape' in the way that alcohol does.

What people need to understand is that there are drugs that are fundamentally entirely different from alcohol and coffee that don't just make you sleepy or tired but alter the human existence entirely and you really cant speak about them until you have experienced it or studied pharmacology in depth.

If you fall (back) into a new absurd ideology that has nothing to do with the drug.

If anything psychedelics allow people to break through cognitive bias and socio-cultural ideological blocks. I suggest everyone take psychedelics at least once. The perspective it gives you is truly invaluable.

never done em but they're probably a pretty powerful tool for gaining self-awareness and whatnot
shouldn't be made illegal imo

Religion is the opiate of the masses.
It is truly more addictive and destructive then any drug known to man.

uhh alright man if you say so

Have you ever talked to a fellow muslim of yours? In every question they allways start to reffer to imams and scholars whom they blindly follow. Protestants are way more advanced in that regard.

At least the weed is, you know…

Real…

btfo

When I said "clerical intercession", I was referring to Catholic-type stuff, that need their aid in order to perform rituals, praying to saints, etc.

Scholars are just for knowledge, and answering questions. They don't have anything to do with actual worship.

no it's not. It's actually all oregano, and the CIA is playing tricks on your mind.

It's a pretty good trick, my friend!

Yup just look at that cheeky, smiling Italian. Thinks he's clever and getting away with it.

Not on my watch.

He's Canadian, but I could see how someone could make that mistake (I actually can't).
metronews.ca/news/vancouver/2014/03/13/photos-inside-a-legal-b-c-medical-marijuana-grow-op.html
-That's where I pulled the pic from, in case you want to get some intel on that juicy CIA secret operation.

Deep State couldn't get more obvious.

I think drugs should be fully decriminalized on principle. But I confess I would have much more sympathy for that cause if one fucking bastard actually stopped to explain what the fuck "expansion of consciousness" means and what are those supposedly magnificent ideas and perspectives you supposedly learn while on them.

oh shit my cover is blown.

Most likely a useful tool that could be used to treat mental problems, but porky doesn't like it because it cuts into his profit.

youtube.com/watch?v=BqPNpZzE9xc

So I can smoke muslim too?

Related to this thread, why are drugs illegal under capitalism? Wouldn't they generate more profits if they were legal?

back then nobody had come up with the idea of patenting plants and animals so the only way to get rid of cheap drugs that anyone can make at home is to make them illegal.

obviously now that monsanto can patent their weed and contaminate everyone else's weed so that all cannabis on earth is owned by them there is no need to keep it illegal.

One of Nixon's cabinet members stuff that it was basically the back door to legally cracking down on black people and hippies. Now though I imagine beer and cigarette profits have a stronger influence on drug policy.

Opium poppy

yes to all of these. I think it is basically the mystical experience. a human birthright. unspeakable. read Hegel on mushrooms, do it

Don't do it, you'll stay stuck on the same page for twenty minutes until you give up trying to understand and just go with the flow. Which is how Hegel is meant to be read, but nevertheless.