Daily News Thread 3/26

Cincinnati nightclub shooting: Two attackers open fire on crowd at city's Cameo Club

One person has died and at least 15 people have been injured after at least two gunmen opened fire in a nightclub in Cincinnati, Ohio. The two gunman are still at large.
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cincinnati-nightclub-shooting-dead-gunman-opens-fire-revellers-cameo-club-a7650436.html

Iran rejects US claims of ‘harassing’ warships, urges Washington to ‘change behavior’

The Iranian military has brushed off accusations from the US Navy that its fast-attack boats came dangerously close to a US aircraft carrier in the Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday, as it was on its way to the Persian Gulf on an anti-terrorist mission.
rt.com/news/382323-iran-denies-harassing-us-ship/

U.S.-backed Syrian militia makes gains against Islamic State

A Kurdish and Arab Syrian militia backed by the United States has captured the town of Karama as it prepares for an assault on the Islamic State stronghold of Raqqa that it expects to take place in early April, it said on Sunday.
reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-raqqa-idUSKBN16X0GJ

Isis's losses in Syria and Iraq will make it harder for it to recruit

Isis portrayed its victories as a sign of divine intervention, but reverses in the battlefield will make it difficult to inspire individuals abroad to kill and to die for its monstrous version of Islam
independent.co.uk/voices/khalid-masood-westminster-attack-isis-syria-iraq-hard-to-recruit-a7647856.html

‘We reached our limits’: Greece to stop taking back refugees – migration minister

Greece will cease taking back refugees under the controversial Dublin Regulation, as the country’s limited capacities to host people are already on the brink of collapse, the Greek migration minister announced in an interview.
rt.com/news/382334-greece-refugees-stop-resettlement/

Police warned of Berlin attacker as ‘terrorist threat’ 9 months before assault – report

German criminal police tipped off the interior ministry of a potential “terrorist threat in form of a suicide-attack” by Anis Amri nine month before he ploughed a truck into a crowded Berlin Christmas market, Bild am Sonntag reports.
rt.com/news/382327-police-warned-berlin-truck-terrorist/

Erdogan: Turkey may hold Brexit-style referendum on EU accession bid

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has announced plans to hold a “Brexit-like” referendum on whether Ankara should carry on with a process to join the European Union, amid strained relations with its western partners.
rt.com/news/382322-erdogan-turkey-eu-brexit-referendum/

Alexei Navalny, Russian opposition leader, arrested in Moscow

Russia's main opposition leader, Alexei Navalny, has been arrested at an anti-corruption protest he organised in the capital, Moscow.
bbc.com/news/world-europe-39398305

Hong Kong elects Beijing-backed leader amid protests

Beijing’s preferred candidate was elected as Hong Kong’s leader on Sunday, a result likely to trigger more political conflict in a city where many feel freedoms are being eroded.
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/26/beijings-pick-chosen-hong-kong-leader-amid-protests/

Nicola Sturgeon warned Scots are 'sick to death' of her second referendum demands

Nicola Sturgeon has been warned that Scots are “sick to death” of her games on independence as she faced accusations of overseeing a “cynical” campaign to use Brexit to justify a second referendum.
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/21/scottish-parliament-begins-two-day-debate-nicola-sturgeons-call/

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/26/us-retail-stores-market-macys-sears
rt.com/op-edge/382345-israel-air-strike-syria-putin/
evonomics.com/automation-robust-social-safety-net-increases-productivity/
truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/how_the_koch_brothers_took_down_the_republican_health_care_bill_20170325/
vice.com/en_us/article/alex-jones-is-very-very-sorry-for-that-pizzagate-stuff
boingboing.net/2017/03/25/trump-advisor-steve-bannon-ord.html
truthdig.com/avbooth/item/chris_hedges_on_the_importance_of_public_broadcasting_20170325/
periscope.tv/dr_grfnbrg/1ZkKzErEVnyxv
lefty.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=anime
pixiv.net/search.php?word=ソ連 OR ( USSR ) OR Soviet OR 共産 OR 社会主義
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP/ED

'People aren't spending': stores close doors in 'oversaturated' US retail market

Boarded-up shops are a common sight in cities across the country as Macy’s, Sears and JCPenney struggle and Credit Suisse downgrades the retail sector
theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/26/us-retail-stores-market-macys-sears

Putin’s red line in Syria is not an invitation for Israel to play Russian roulette with Assad

What is Israel’s real role in the war in Syria? Can we really believe that it doesn’t want to get involved in the conflict? And how much longer can Israel be Washington’s strong arm in the region while sustaining good relations with Russia?
rt.com/op-edge/382345-israel-air-strike-syria-putin/

How Low-Paying Jobs and Weak Safety Nets Reduce Technological Innovation and Productivity

People are worried about robots taking jobs. Driverless cars are around the corner. Restaurants and shops increasingly carry the option to order by touchscreen. Google’s clever algorithms provide instant translations that are remarkably good.
evonomics.com/automation-robust-social-safety-net-increases-productivity/

Did the Koch Brothers Take Down the GOP Health Care Bill?

Billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch are known to have strong influence in Washington, D.C., and this week they wielded their political power in a bid to bring down the American Health Care Act (AHCA).
truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/how_the_koch_brothers_took_down_the_republican_health_care_bill_20170325/

Alex Jones Is Very, Very Sorry for That Pizzagate Stuff

Alex Jones—the barrel-chested don of the modern day conspiracy theory movement—did something completely out of the ordinary this week.
vice.com/en_us/article/alex-jones-is-very-very-sorry-for-that-pizzagate-stuff

Trump advisor Steve Bannon ordered conservative Republicans to vote for Trumpcare and they just laughed at him

Trumpcare went down in flames yesterday, and the flames smelled faintly of burning Trumphair.
boingboing.net/2017/03/25/trump-advisor-steve-bannon-ord.html

Chris Hedges Explains the Importance of ‘Robust’ Public Broadcasting

The Truthdig columnist, whose talk show is nominated for a Daytime Emmy, joins correspondent Ashlee Banks to discuss why it’s vital to broadcast dissident voices.
truthdig.com/avbooth/item/chris_hedges_on_the_importance_of_public_broadcasting_20170325/

Such amounts of ass damage shouldn't be possible.

Where are the lewds?

Here's qt who's live streaming the protests in Russia but it looks like they've died down.
periscope.tv/dr_grfnbrg/1ZkKzErEVnyxv

also
I'm running out of commie anime girls to post

somone wanna dump or make some OC, I'd love you.

Try the booru: lefty.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=anime

thank you! this is perfect

"It's only good when we do it!"

Western fifth-columnist imperialists trying to undermine Great Russia! They should be shot!

t. tankie twitter

I can't wait for his death.

Now there is a euphamism I have never heard before.

pixiv.net/search.php?word=ソ連 OR ( USSR ) OR Soviet OR 共産 OR 社会主義
Be warned, the quality varies

Also there's a ten page limit, so either you split the tags(I mixed a few of them at once for convenience) or make an account, since ソ連 has quite a lot of stuff.

Come on, say the name. The militia has a name.

Media absolutely refuses to recognize that Rojava is a broader social and revolutionary movement instead of just Kurdish nationalists who want ISIS to fuck off.

Hope y'all are ready for the next big recession.

It's been a long time coming. Your economy can't grow if the proles do not have any money.

These reports seem to come out after EVERY attack. Do the police/NatSec get a lot of these 'warnings' and just ignore them? Is there just not enough proof before hand to arrest?

very fitting I forgot to take my shitpost flag off

People do have money, though. In a capitalist system (according to Kenyes), the masses always have money to spend.

The problem is when there is a -perceived- dearth of money. Suddenly investors get second thoughts, and proles become tight-fisted. If that occurs, a recession becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

This is the reason why stimulus packages exist; to reinstate consumer confidence in the market.

you killed rosa

I love ya too, Holla Forums.

ya that had me confused for a bit. i /think/ (or, rather, hope) it's to see if the 'warnings' are worth getting concerned over. imo they're all worth getting concerned over if they reached the point of even being able to be considered as a warning. i don't know what they think will stop people if they don't. 'waiting it out' has two potential outcomes–tragedy, or nothing. i think intervening would be better in essentially every case. if the person was fine, they're fine, let em go. if they're not, then you've just prevented a potential tragedy.

/r/ing Jung Freud for the next OP.

/r/ani_communism has a lot of animu commie grills

APOLOGIZE

I don't understand how you select what makes it into this list. There are a few pure opinion-pieces in there (from right-wing news outlets no less).

Will this one be the last recession or the one after? At one point we must hit the stage of hyperinflation.

#freerosa