What do you guys think of the Molymeme?

Is he a good philosopher or a cult leader?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y_Q4019fEjo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not an argument.

/thread

a fucking retard

A "rational proof for the basis of ethics" is retarded, he's shit.

He's a very strange person and I'm not sure why he even has a following.

Stefan "state taxes you? Time to Defoo" Molyneux

"people have been telling me this for a long time, not everyone but a few and i have noticed. i have been listening, and maybe you are right. i hesitate because is so much want this not to be true, but perhaps tonight have brought it home to me, the possibility…and i need you to let me know, let me know in the comments below what you think. i'm appalled, but i always said i was going to condition my ideas according to the evidence, according to the facts, according to what is. maybe tonight is the sign. maybe it has happened. maybe the time..i don't even wanna say it. em, maybe the time for arguments is passed. maybe this battle has moved beyond words. perhaps my job is over, perhaps i have failed and the world has failed. I am done. for 10 years i have been saying not an argument, tonight perhaps it have been made clear there are no more arguments to be made. let me know what you think"

This is the closest he have come to philosophy… or madness

Spooked

Cult leaders actually lead.

He's just a snakeoil salesman.

Like all capitalists hes delusional. He thinks there is no true free market and until there is nothing will be perfect.

People like him cant come to terms with the contradictions of capitalism, They whine about monopolies and then blame it on the market not being free enough but cant see that monopolies are a product of that free market. They are and always have been inevitable.

They are all waiting on that one true pure form of capitalism to save the day.

he used to make excellent anti-statist vids and anti-corporation vids when he was a hardcore ancap. he also used to expose liberal darlings like Nelson mandela and Ghandi for being reactionary liberal fags. Other than that and his really good anti-child abuse shit, he's a lunatic. The guy bleeds psychopath

ironically this is true and when communism comes up they use the excuse that true communism has never been tried.

almost every video he makes is him either projecting his own insanity on everyone else, or over compensating for his psychopathic tendencies.

his older shit, is what i was talking about. and its a small percentage of his whole portfolio. he's mostly a loon.

He honestly doesn't qualify as a philosopher in my book. If someone like Sam Harris is already on shaky ground, Molymeme is miles away from the cutoff point.

philosophy 101 that any retard could cook up, his books are garbage

Somebody post him getting schooled by Chomsky. I've met first year poli sci majors with more political literacy than him. He's literally on the same level of a teenage fedora Randroid, which is probably why he's so popular with them.

no, no he actually goes into detail and deconstructs how warriors and priests enslaved the general population and discusses mercantilism, feudalism and """"""corporate capitalism"""" in a negative light. its quite well done and he has plenty of videos making welfare states AND liberal retardation look insane. The man isn't stupid, he isn't so crazy he can't make sense and he isn't a bad philosopher (when he wants to be). He's just greedy, insecure, has familial problems that interfere with his better judgement and he never was able to figure out how an-capistan works without heavy military involvement. which is why crypto-fascism is his new thing. you guys just like ridiculing him as totally bat-shit because he's so funny and because of the nod an argument meme

That's literally philosophy 101, anyone who bothers with this shit can see straight through. Everything that he brought to the table is just rehashed 19th and 20th century ideas. His books are complete garbage too. Protip: if you're a good philosopher you don't get WORSE with the years. He is completely inconsistent with his logic, even on social issues, everything that is appears to actually be an original idea of his is completely nonsensical.

this, it's babby's first philosophy

no its not at all you lying idiot

no its not you idiot, no liberal philosopher would ever discuss how priests and warriors literally enslaved their populations or how city-states were human farms or how mercantilism led into corporate fascism. he talks about that extensively in his early videos. none of which is basic economics or philosophy at all. you guys are pretentious fags who've never seen these videos ever. he deconstructs welfare states, deconstructs idpol, deconstructs the wage gap, deconstructs voting and democracy. none of this shit is philosophy 101, which is teaching people what a priori means, what a premise is, what a valid argument is, what soundness means, what an axiom is. those are totally basic, nothing like what he was discussing in the videos i mentioned. stop being obtuse its unbecoming and unconducive to discussion

checked
This. also
youtube.com/watch?v=y_Q4019fEjo

none of which activates my almonds

This. Stefan has(or had) some good shit and isn't/hasn't always been full retard. Completely writing him off and refusing to acknowledge any of his good stuff is intellectually lazy and something too many people like doing here.

Doesn't make him a philosopher. Just a talking head.

I unironically want to see him killed.

No one can effectively be called a "philosopher" nowadays because it's an extremely loaded, normative role and it usually means "something who's wise/intellect/ideas I like". Modern philosophers don't really exist, because one man's philosopher is another's sophist.

Zizek?

Okay, but when I hear the word philosopher I think of someone a cut above the usual MSM political pundits.
Molymeme is only big on youtube because no one else wants him.

Zizek is a philosopher depending on if you agree with him or not. Objectively he's just a political theorist.

Stefan is definitely not on the same tier as MSM pundits, whether you agree with him or not. Of course no one else wants with him, even if he is now a shill for Trump, historically he was pretty radical.

I sat there hungover this morning and watched and soaked in every second of an almost hour long video where he was visibly distressed and losing control of his emotions after watching a film for children.
His words had a real profound effect on me I will have more to say on the matter soon once I have recovered, I had tears going down my face.SAD.

rehashed 19th and 20th century talking points, a windbag without an ounce of coherent original thought.

ONE