Ya like jazz?

Ya like jazz?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVCp8WuFhA
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vU36JCbIM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_music
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm sorry Mr. Frankfurt! Please don't turn me into a tranny!

Stravinsky is better than Schönberg
Fuck you

If all photos were as you wanted them to be
It would be Page 3 as far as the eye can see

nah I'm fine

kys tho

tl;dr on why he doesnt like jazz?

Nigger Jews

It doesn't promote fun and anuddah shoah efficiently enough.

Rare!

Yes, I do, like all good communists should.

Capitalism turned genuine music into a purchasable "experience" devoid of any real content.

Culture 4 sale.

He should've listened to more jazz.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVCp8WuFhA

There's still plenty of real music out there

Braxton is often brought as a counterexample funnily, problem is the article was written decades? before Braxton.

Yeah, I fucking love jazz, why?

Music born of feudal hierarchies don't have that much more content to them, despite Adorno's classical fetish

just the first guy who popped in my mind

I've got an idea for a sketch that keeps running in my mind where Adorno kicks down a door, smacks a Jazz record out of someone's hand, yells "listen to some real music" and immediately puts on Death Grips.

If it was written today it would probably be more generalized to "pop music" which Jazz effectively was at this time. You can just as easily say "pop music is shit" and what you're saying can be figured out even if you've got a list in your head of pop artists with some genuine talent.

It would actually be extremely funny to have a sketch show where it was all extremely esoteric humor revolving around historical philosophers.

Isn't that basically Existential Comics?

I like what I've heard of Adorno's music on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vU36JCbIM

revisionist scum aren't deserving of Adorno. Go listen to tribal music or something you fucking primmie.

He wasn't that fascist

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_music

The Frankfurt School was revisionist Marxism you autist

stop this meme tbh

For how much I respect Adorno, I find his work extremely turgid and difficult to get through, and some parts purely incomprehensible.

Is vaporwave considered jazz?

There's nothing wrong with revisionism.

It's why Benjamin is so good, he has so many of the same concerns, but he's not wrapped up in the fetishism of classic/high culture what with the barbarism that goes behind it and all.

What he referred to as "jazz" actually was what we nowadays call "pop standard" — think Frank Sinatra and the like. He wasn't talking about Miles Davis or John Coltrane.

Yeah, but EC isn't funny.

wew

What are his best works?

Sounds like shit.

I really like this. I sort of want to put it on my chart, to rustle those /mu/ jimmies

He'd have hated them too. Get over it.