Dealing with media

How does Holla Forums feel about the way Trump treats the media? Could the left learn from his actions? Given that all of the mainstream media is coming after Comrade Corbyn in the same weak/inaccurate way that they came after Trump, wouldn't he better off very loudly calling them out on their FAKE NEWS bullshit instead of trying to deal with it in a dignified proper manner, and hence allowing the media to succeed in their agenda?

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.com/g00/donald-trump-explained-how-dominate-media-1987-i-play-peoples-fantasies-2218125?i10c.referrer=https://www.google.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_Me,_I'm_Lying
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_up_the_chain
bbc.com/news/magazine-38168281
rt.com/usa/374840-drone-strikes-yemen-trump/
washingtonpost.com/business/economy/russian-propaganda-effort-helped-spread-fake-news-during-election-experts-say/2016/11/24/793903b6-8a40-4ca9-b712-716af66098fe_story.html
huffingtonpost.com.mx/entry/donald-trump-steak-well-done-disqualified_us_56e8267be4b065e2e3d747ce
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He shits on professional public discourse speech and sets a standard of minimal to no etiquette when dealing with the press. Fake news in the press isn't at all as prevalent as he says. It is there, but he confuses bias with FAKE. Never will there be statistics for mass number scratching, but bias is used by the media, intentionally or unintentionally.
The majority of people, especially the uninformed, are already using a certain bias, or in what trump says FAKENESS, when viewing content. The perspective through which one sees the world is important. What people need is discourse in professional attitude. The notion that those at the top set the standard for quality and profession doesn't exist anymore, or never really did. So it up to those now to set standards again, for the sake of our communities dignity. In many occasions the hatred for Americans stems from our perceived lack of dignity. Trump certainly isn't making a good example, maybe ever worse.

Why should he respect the press?

Trump has been dealing with the media for a very long time, he knows exactly how to fuck with them.
He even wrote about it in his book and they and everyone else keep falling for it.

ibtimes.com/g00/donald-trump-explained-how-dominate-media-1987-i-play-peoples-fantasies-2218125?i10c.referrer=https://www.google.com/

“One thing I’ve learned about the press is they’re always hungry for a good story, and the more sensational, the better,” he writes on page 56. “It’s in the nature of the job, and I understand that. The point is that if you are a little different, or a little outrageous, or if you do things that are bold or controversial, the press is going to write about you.”

“I don’t mind controversy, and my deals tend to be somewhat ambitious,” he added. “The result is that the press has always wanted to write about me.”

He anticipated that the media wouldn’t get too hung up on whether a plan – back then a building development, nowadays, a policy – was workable. They’d still dedicate reams of paper, bundles of airtime, to chattering about it. “Most reporters, I find, have very little interest in exploring the substance of a detailed proposal for a development. They look instead for the sensational angle,” he wrote. “That may have worked to my advantage.”

Though he identified as a Democrat at the time, Trump echoed the same lines he’s employed since running for the GOP nomination, like when he blasted Fox News and Megyn Kelly for treating him “unfairly” during the first presidential debate.

“[W]hen people treat me badly or unfairly or try to take advantage of me, my general attitude, all my life, has been to fight back very hard,” he wrote. After Kelly tore into him during the debate this summer, Trump launched a campaign against Fox News that eventually drew in his friend, Fox boss Roger Ailes.

“The risk is that you’ll make a bad situation worse, and I certainly don’t recommend this approach to everyone. But my experience is that if you’re fighting for something you believe in – even if it means alienating some people along the way – things usually work out for the best in the end.” Trump settled the Fox feud this summer by appearing on the network for a fawning interview with Sean Hannity.

He even presaged his penchant for calling into morning shows on Fox, CNN and MSNBC: “You need to generate interest, and you need to create excitement. One way is to hire PR people and pay them a lot of money to sell whatever you’ve got. But to me, that’s like hiring outside consultants to study a market. It’s never as good as doing it yourself.”

No, there's a double standard between what is expected of the left and what is expected of the right in America.
This is due to the particularly cancerous form of politics there.

I agree with him that the media is the enemy of the American people

He didn't even write that shit though, and the person who wrote it commented that he essentially just made it all up because it was impossible to get any relevant info from Trump due to his ADD.

The president is just as bad as the press is lol

There's no moral standing he's above them so don't pretend he is

For fucks sakes for most of his life he might as well have been in bed with the press

Also, i was reading about jim jones, and he used to get his picture taken with politicians and celebrities, then when his "church" would do charity work, he would send the pic to the news paper to use for an article about the charity work.
So now everyone was all "who do fuck is this guy".

Really, you know how to do self promotion, PR techniques, need to get your name in the conversation, being weird is good, its gives you air time, then you use it to talk about what you really care about.

Anyways, this is the internet age, its easier to get famous than ever.

There is this book called trust me im lying that explains how to work the internet in your favor and other forms of media manipulation, i suggest people read it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_Me,_I'm_Lying

One way is to do something called trading up the chain

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_up_the_chain

Trading up the chain is a media theory created by media theorist and author Ryan Holiday to refer to the way that stories start small online and make their way to mainstream notoriety and coverage at major media outlets.[1][2][3] A story might begin on Reddit or a small local blog, and then be written about by a slightly larger site and then a larger site until ultimately it is front page news.[4][5] Digital media strategist Greg Baroth explained trading up the chain as, "A story on a smaller blog is going to get picked up by that blogs competition, and so forth until next thing you know…everybody from Huffington Post to Daily Mail are sharing what you wanted shared."[6]

The theory has also been referred to as a "self-reinforcing news wave" by media scholar and University of Iowa professor Kembrew McLeod.[7] Though contemporary use of trading up the chain refers to online journalism, it was perhaps first described by author Max Sherover in his book Fakes in American Journalism, published in 1916, to describe print newspapers.[8] Hillary Clinton is also noted for describing the theory when referencing the "vast right-wing conspiracy

Except Trump didn't even write about using his press

The writer of the book he said he wrote did

Yeah, but a lot of the time his grievances are justified (just like Corbyn's grievances would be justified). In fact, 'fake news' was a term created by the establishment media to discredit Breitbart and websites like that if I remember rightly, and Trump just turned it on them. When the press are allowed to run riot and never get challenged, the incredibly wealthy individuals who own the press can just control public opinion through lies and misreporting. That's just as dangerous as an unhinged president who likes to tweet too much.

I don't support Trump but I admire how effective that cooption strategy has been

Breitbart's fake news was actually fake though.
Also the term was coined to describe the clickbait being made by kids in Macedonia on an industrial scale.

You need a gimmick, like in wrestling, trumps gimmick is the loud mouth real estate agent and billionaire, he even has a signature look, the hair, the red tie, the suit.

Trump knows about public relations, branding, marketing

Im talking about a diffrent book called trust me in lying you dumb meth head bitch

The media IS a problem and has been for a long long time. I feel like Trump and his feud with the media has, instead of making people more aware of the problem, somehow clouded the real issue even more.

lol this is a new one

The United States has been a problem for a long long time too

I wonder who's president, and I wonder which is worse

Can you point to any news story they've put out that is fake? I'm not saying there isn't any (I haven't really looked) - I'm just more aware of them spinning particular events, often out of context, to support their political position. It's a cheap strategy, but at least they're honest in being politically biased.

That's why I believe Corbyn would benefit from adopting a similar strategy. People are waking up to the deceptive tactics that the mainstream media use (not sure how how much attention it got here, but Pewdiepie redpilled a whole generation of youngsters after the WSJ had a pretty pathetic attempt at a character assassination on him), and therefore Corbyn needs to show some strength and fight back when the media attacks him. None of the papers support him and none of them will, so double down and show some balls man.

The msm was exceptionally accurate in reporting on Trump - they were definitely weak, because they focused on outrageous nutty shit he said. They were foremost profit concerned, and he was effectively acting as a noise machine by just firing off more and more insane bullshit - they reported on said bullshit accurately, but there was so much of it that stuff like Trump University got buried. Clinton could have done the exact same thing, but it'd be out of character and she has a vagina.

Trump widely just comes off as unstable in his attacks - which is probably also part of why he was 3 million votes behind his opponent, but that's for another time - which probably hurts him less than it would us. Look, if we were rich guys pretending to be radicals while effectively championing cops and capitalism, we'd have a bit more room to act like stubborn children.

Frankly I think we have more of a problem with too much of the left dedicating itself to such idiocy. Stand for Corbyn, but understand he probably has little to gain from that sort of tactic. At the very least, we need to be more rational about it than Trump is when we point out msm lies.

The media in america were hated even before trump.
The same people who lied abut wmd's in iraq.
The media are a corporate monopoly, owned by billionaires and corporations.
So, the media works in the interest of the establishment, not the people

Trump took this hatred and used it to galvanize his core base of voters.
Cnn journalists and cameramen were actually scared to go to trump rallies because the people would be hissing and throwing shit at them.

The 2016 election, the entirety of the media apparatus came together to try and take down trump, but he won.
And this made them go insane, they no longer controlled the narrative.

So, then you started hearing about "fake news", which is really just a code word for non establishment, non neoliberal propaganda

He's also fucking funny, like he's a bizare person, but when Jim Acosta from cunty news network starts barking about some trash, I laugh when Trump mocks him.

I laughed when he said he and Merkel had something in common, Obama snooping. This is exactly the type of shit people enjoy hearing and the media thinks it's the end of him.

That was an actual lie they made up. I remember seeing a co-ordinated set of tweets from journalists about someone having to leave, and then seeing it was a total fabrication, and they never even addressed it again lel. They are actual scum in the way they try and manufacture consent.

And Liberals are the biggest liars for their religion, it's scary how fucked up and vindictive they are.

People aren't funny and have bad taste in jokes.

Donald Trump and Adam Sandler could essentially trade places.

By the way, going to bite you on the ass when Adam Sandler becomes president

Breitbart wasn't initially at the forefront - I remember this hilariously unsubtle Russian-made news site that was launched during the election that would be like a bunch of speculative fiction about Clinton and then some story about Putin like those were the two subjects being reported on in 'Merica. A lot of these fake news sites were relative unknowns regularly offering hoaxes.

They put out one about refugees attacking cops and burning "Germany's oldest church" this past New Year's. They supported it with a short clip of some brown guys chanting incomprehensibly while fireworks went off in the background. The source which provided said clip was a German outlet, who apparently did not support Breitbart's claim about it.

As it turned out, it wasn't Germany's oldest church and only part of the roof caught fire from fireworks and was quickly put out.

That said, this was the first instance I'd heard of Breitbart perpetuating an outright hoax.

I thought fake news was stuff like pizzagate

Adam Sandler is not funny. Trump at least has made me laugh and had my jaw agape.

No, but actual fake news was not the real target, the Wapo went out and just listed things they wanted to shut down an called them fake news sites. It was a co-ordinated media campaign to discredit the non-corporate media, and was pushed, like Russia is, by Liberal retards who lick boots like no other.

Wasn't that the CIA and the Bush Administration?

Not to say mainstream news wasn't shite during those years. It absolutely was. It was years before I even realized that Chavez wasn't some kind of brutal dictator.

I mean, it's still shite, but honestly. The media did try to work with the Bush admin, and that presented bigger problems than working with some other administrations would.

I don't know if Pizzagate was promoted by any of those sites itself - "Hillary has a disease from cannibalism" was, though, from what I recall.

>No, but actual fake news was not the real target, the Wapo went out and just listed things they wanted to shut down an called them fake news sites.

I dunno about WaPo, but from what I remember the narrative slipped after a while (to the point where I recently read an Al Jazeera op-ed that called Fox "fake news").

The initial focus was on stuff like this: bbc.com/news/magazine-38168281

There was, at one point, a genuine line which was drawn between dodgy news and outright hoaxes.

No it isn't. It's was about the actual fake news industry. Since then the term got misappropriated and applied to any inconvenient fact. Mainly by the alt-right.

Well Fox News has been "the lying conservative media station" for as far back as the bush era(as in as far back as I can remember). If "fake news" now means "extremely biased news" then Fox fits the bill.

lol @ the idea of Corbyn being a macho vulgarian. Guy seems completely terrified to do anything that rocks the boat. No deselection purges even after two decisive wins and an orchestrated public coup. Party platform not remotely left of Milliband's (honestly, what's the fucking difference?). Constantly cucked by shadow cabinet and RW Blairites.

Corbyn fucked up by not embracing the 'radical' image the media was committed to tarring him with from the beginning. You can't change who you are once the media decides. So now you Britfags are stuck with a limpdicked pussy that everyone thinks is radical but really isn't.

you seem to have a better handle on british politics than most brits. nice.

Corbyn allowed himself to be cucked by the people calling him anti-Semitic, he took it like a total bitch.

This is because Corbyn and Sanders, who got himself cucked even more, know that the majority of their voterbase aren't actually DemSocs but young college liberals with IdPol.

They both know very well if they go all out on, let's say Ziniosm, the MSM destroys them. The typical Trump voter wouldn't give a wet fuck about the media, the typical Corbyn/Sanders vote still does, they might be virtue signalling about media bias but aren't as alienated from them as yet.

This.

I also think that there's a big danger in the use of the word "fake" to describe the news. From person to person, this definition can become misconstrued, and can create a big division among people. Some will (rightfully) believe that the news is "fake," in the sense of being biased, but will nevertheless still believe that there's a degree of truth in the form of any objective facts that a story might contain. Others will, sadly, interpret this to mean that all news is "fake" in the most direct definition of the term–that is to say, they believe that every single piece of news outside of their right-wing bubble/Breitbart is completely falsified by a global liberal Marxist conspiracy.

Fuck the media. Establishment Whores.

The left loves the media. They basically fellatiate the media. .
I think Trump's shitstorms are creating the fertilizer needed for new 'independent' media sources to grow but only a few are taking advantage. I know Breibart, Infowars, The Blaze, etc are all doing numbers compared to previous years. I guess the left has TYT or whatever.

Pic related.
It was in front of us the whole time

p.s. this literally came out hours ago. how many articles do you think the clintons prepaid for?

also
FOR FUCKING WHAT?

The WaPo almost immediately posted a list of "fake news" outlets after Trump won. It included the work of people like Chris Hedges and Glenn Greenwald, so yes, it was from the very beginning used to disparage alternative news.

10/10, especially his criticism of fox news should wake people up.
Yes, Germany would be reigned by the Pirate Party if they had treated the media like Trump does.
I guess but don't know him.

Not true.

Breitbart is as fake as mainstream media lying about syria, ukraine, libya, etc but at least breitbart isn't responsible for millions of deaths.
Breitbart has almost no viewers either, compared to CNN+MSMBS+…

you so have no idea what you are talking about.

Got a link on that one? Maybe my memory isn't as good as yours but I definitely don't remember WaPo being the progenitor of "fake news", nor do I remember any such list.

FYI, about fake news:
So far there is not one single confirmed drone strike conducted by Trump.
Go research it yourself. Obviously he doesn't deny the allegations because he needs nazi support.
The numbers thrown around are based on unconfirmed al-Jazeera rumors (Reuters likes to copy those) and Pentagon talking about air strikes (not drone strikes) and "anonymous US officials".

Well, there was one exception:
rt.com/usa/374840-drone-strikes-yemen-trump/

Yeah sorry, but Al-Jazeera and RT aren't in some collaborative lie.

When will this 'the media treated trump unfairly' meme die? He's literally a joke and the media rightfully pointed that out. The problem is that they gave him free publicity while at the same time ignoring Bernie, a serious candidate.

The media took it's role to stop Trump, it doesn't matter if he's nasty, you aren't meant to be campaigning for the other person, or trying to get the President out over everything. They actively lie and it doesn't matter because nobody cares.

The propagandist press has been an issue since ancient Rome, the fact that Trump is awful shouldn't make us less wary of power's mouthpieces. In fact, you should be more wary because it's likely that Trump will get a hold on the media.

You can look at the rise of Podemos in Spain. Pablo Iglesias went to right wing talk shows to call everyone corrupt thieves, he popularized the term "casta" to refer to establishment politicians, and he went from practical nobodies, to dispute the second place in votes. In fact, you can trace how their support began to fade as they became more moderate.

Good, those entitled, elitist access-whores deserve it. Most of the existing press are part of the insidious neoliberal System. Trump popping their smug, entitled bubble has been a blast.

Washington Post published this article within the hysteria of FakeNews
washingtonpost.com/business/economy/russian-propaganda-effort-helped-spread-fake-news-during-election-experts-say/2016/11/24/793903b6-8a40-4ca9-b712-716af66098fe_story.html

The article itself was badly regarded because the cited group "PropOrNot" is fishy, so actually the term became popular on the anti and pro trump fronts.

Checking in google trends, it seems like the term was pushed before, but I certainly remember this one being infamous because it pushed the russian angle.

Trump was certainly a demonized topic in the media, the propaganda war really went into silly extremes. Stuff like this really set a new low in political propaganda:
huffingtonpost.com.mx/entry/donald-trump-steak-well-done-disqualified_us_56e8267be4b065e2e3d747ce

The media largely didn't have to lie about Trump, and he was shitting on them just for reporting on him objectively at the very beginning and not taking him seriously enough. Tbh, I wouldn't blame them for picking sides even if they didn't have creepy crony capitalism motives - the guy was going after their right to report on him long before they were exhibiting the kind of bias they did towards the end. The vast majority of what they say about Trump, and most of the stuff people actually care about, is true.

Ok, well it seems fair to blame WaPo for using the term in bad faith and pushing an obvious narrative but it still seems like the original term was meant for legitimately fake news like "americanfreedompatriot.cxz" or whatever the fuck