It is unclear to me: from my perspective (which I understand is terribly limited...

It is unclear to me: from my perspective (which I understand is terribly limited, and excellent) hijabs appear to be incredibly oppressive to Muslim women (being as they are symbols of 'chastity' or 'modesty', from as far as I can tell, the perspective of Muslim men). I am told otherwise, but I haven't been able to find any information supporting the reasoning as to how they are not oppressive. So I ask, are they or are they not oppressive, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forcing people to wear hijabs through lawsis oppressive but people choosing to wear it for themselves is not.

How many hijabi muslimas would continue to "choose" to wear one after they were separated from their fathers and brothers for any appreciable amount of time?

You leftcucks are pathetically naive.

Problematic*, not excellent

dear Holla Forums
WE'RE NOT FUCKING LIBERALS, WE KNOW.

In the words of Comrade Anita:

overall they're massively oppressive, yes.
Lots of muslim women would continue wearing them even if they didnt have to just because they're religious, though. fundie cunt women were and are as much a part of the restriction of womens rights in the middle east as men, and decently well off western muslims who are mostly integrated in society who wear it probably dont even actually have to, they just do because its their religious duty or something.
But that latter group isnt most muslim women in most of the world.

another Holla Forums thinks we are liberals post. how droll

The whole thing is tied to organized faith. So, yeah they're oppressive.

Fuck your semitic fairytales

Ofcourse they are oppresiveā€¦

Women are genetically programmed to enjoy submission to strong, dominant and violent men. Women have no problem with being oppressed and humiliated, so long as it is at the hands of merciless killers. On the other hand, if a woman senses that a man is a weakling, she will be outraged by the smallest slight.

ANOTHER thread about idpol bullshit that has absolutely nothing to do with economics or political theory.
I'm sure it'll get 300 replies.

The fuck is up with that dour and defeated expression on there faces?

They are trying to conceal the pleasure of feeling submission for the first time in their lives.

I don't have any right to judge the weird fetishes women have after seeing the shit men get off to online.

Here's the full context:

Imagine being this spooked.

I don't even mind it without the context.

Well they're cute, and I'm sure many have put a not insignificant amount of money into particularly fashionable ones, so a great many would, probably

How many men would continue to "choose" to wear underwear after they were separated from human society for any appreciable amount of time? Can you honestly say you'd be wearing pants or underwear if you were stranded on an island?

Clearly this proves that underwear are a form of oppression!

Imagine being so naive as to take women seriously.

Sure thing kiddo.

You know it is a religious force but part of it is just tradition from clothing necessary in the region due to the sun right

Like its the same reason everyone wears everything loose. There's more connotation to it, but basically it was an overall cover to keep women more safe than men from both themselves and the dangers the sun posed.

It's historically outdated outside the region and tradition still exists, but it isn't as if its this thing that suddenly came to be purely as an oppressive thing.

For example, look at wear worn during battle at any place where its worn. Its going to look similar in some way or another to a Hijab because you're going to spend a lot of time in the hot sun, and you'd rather spend it at peak physical condition and not say, scalding in burns.

It must be incredibly humiliating to be so pathetic that you have to disparage an entire gender to make up for your own inadequacies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko

HAHHAHAHAAA

I think you got maternity backwards

Wouldn't expect any different from these retards. The best thing Sweden can do now is die as quickly as possible to serve as example to the world.

not an argument.

Ben Garrison will show us the truth about islam

Reaching out to r9k was a mistake.

Not a response.

sage

As much as I don't like Le Pen, I do respect her standing up to the Patriarchy there.

it's about choice. end of story. no one should be forced to wear anything or not wear anything.

Mind blown