So guys, we got this big...

So guys, we got this big, empty warehouse building basically for free! The owner has decided to give it back to the community if they will fix it up! Looks like about 50 homeless people could live here,so what shall we do with it?

OH. I KNOW. We can make an "art space" for my friends to read their slam poetry and call it a "community project" but really it will just be for posh students.

what can be done?

your pic sums it up

raves

They'll have it a drug addled squat in no time.

Squatting isn't really a thing here, its more just like 5 gillion "art spaces" for every one soup kitchen food bank or homeless shelter.

And the raves just happen in abandoned places

Faggot!

This would change just as much as slam poetry.

Get some comrades in there and teach them how it's done.

homeless people are generally either assholes or crazy, often both and they will fuck up your place if you let them in just for the sake of housing homeless people

there is no nobility in poverty, you believing such is the liberal hipster in you

consider fucking off

Hipster yuppies are Wall material.

What city if you dont mind answering? Sounds like Cali, fuck this place.

Woops!

consider that i learned this the hard way, consider what made them this way, consider what kind of people it makes

even if they are all pure products of circumstance, it still stands

housing people isn't liberal, assuming virtue in destitute is

consider tthat you anecdotal life experiences are reactionary and inconsequential

consider that what made those people end up homeless are troubled families, drug addiction, mental illness and dire poverty. none of those make for good people.

i take my life experiences over your ideology

Your life experience is ideology you dumb fucker.

why would you want homeless people living there?

not in the common sense of the word

now tell me how i'm wrong

Can we just agree that plenty of homeless people have issues and may be hard to deal with, but also deserve free housing?

Why do hipsters hate homeless people so much?

if we can agree that this deserving doesn't stem from any nobility in them, that it shouldn't be the assumption that is worked upon

they love them, they are the pinnacle of authenticity

Here in Seattle they try their hardest to drive them out. They do the same thing to poor people too honestly. I cannot fucking wait for the tech bubble to pop.

maybe we should just have cities or neighborhoods where nobody who lives above the poverty line is allowed, let's call them ghetto's

Maybe we should tax the wealthy instead of instituting regressive taxation like carbon, sales, and property taxes you fucking yuppie faggot? Also nationalize all property.