"Need a Pothole Fixed? Maybe a Portland Anarchist Can Help! "

I hope Anarchist do more of this.
Less smashie, more fixie.

portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2017/03/13/18890291/need-a-pothole-fixed-maybe-a-portland-anarchist-can-help

This is excellent.

Literally Anti-Smashie practice, I like it a helluva lot.

I think it's actually worth doing, and I've literally done it before for my shitty job. I'd just like to ensure that it got the most coverage possible for propaganda purposes.

I agree that this is useful and positive direct action; however, I would be remiss if I didn't admit I feel a bit of resentment knowing porky is probably celebrating this as free labor.

They're totally still smashies. This is just reverse smashing.

Secondary concern. What's really important is that we can train people to do it.

This is wonderful. I can hear the liberals now.

are there very many anarchist organizations that do this in the U.S, though? I don't know much about the organizations out there.

These are valuable skills that people should be taught. Teaching these skills is just as much an act of direct action as it is performing them in our communities. Porky, through the atomization of labor, has made people weak and stupid, lacking of these skills. Growing up poor, my father taught me how to do a lot of do-it-yourself projects and home repairs, skills that should be common knowledge, but now that I'm older, more people are clueless about.

Do it more effectively than they can, and you're taking business away from them. That simple. You're empowering people to do labor themselves.

Absolutely.

Fuck the state!

Nah. Porky gets his money when tax dollars are given to contractors, which comes after a process of lobbying. I call this obsoletionism, doing away with authority by rendering it obsolete.

Don't.

That's the step you are missing.

about damn time

The mental image of a black bloc walking into a town and fixing potholes in entertaining enough for me to be down with it.

Why liveā€¦

Is there anything left in the east coast Portland? Why hope in the first place?

Portland Maine? Yeah why.

This is really cool actually, it'll help them get their more community oriented message out too, too many people think Anarchists purely just wanna smash things (maybe some do but there's gotta be a few good apples in there)

so these guys would build the roads?

Yeah I really don't get it, this is just more money for local government to spend on grenade launchers for the police instead of infrastructure.

They weren't gonna fix the pot hole within this lifetime anyway

stop thinking the govt is not the people

Porky gets paid by the city to fix that pothole.

He's probably going to lobby to have the hole DUG UP AGAIN just so he can fill it in.

Great initiative, we need more classic anarchism. Render the state useless, and sabotage those who exploit us.

I meant to put

10/10. Anyone not supporting it is dumb and wrong. Plain and simple.

We will do the roads and you will provide the toothbrushes

Then make more. If the roads are destroyed, the police will find it much harder to get around.