Tfw this is the closest we ever got to an actually fun casual multiplayer open-world RPG

>tfw this is the closest we ever got to an actually fun casual multiplayer open-world RPG

Attached: NEVER EVER.png (1024x562, 802.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=19AVER6ghPsY_-DuU2JRK_8lq6dEvZgtC
filedropper.com/cubesetup3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Make this thread again when the game gets updated again

Attached: 2e26e73a2d9a34834878a5aa96126a717d96492036df4b14ec74f197f50e7d7b.jpg (1080x1080, 152.7K)

It's coming Eventuallyâ„¢

Attached: realm-of-the-mad-god-01-700x526.png (700x526, 227.04K)

multiplayer =/= massively-multiplayer
also MICROTRANSACTIONS

Attached: 1347861550349.png (452x710, 362.8K)

at least i had some fun with those maybe 15 bucks I spent

I remember this. Had potential, but it turned into a grindfest.

While I dodged a bullet by pirating it, I'd have preferred to see it completed.

Attached: 1420270970443.png (180x180, 3.07K)

The real problem was that the stats of enemies scaled exponentially so in the beginning having a few levels different didn't matter so much and just made things tougher but when you got to level 20 or so you'd oneshot a level 19 and not get any experience from it while being oneshot by a level 21 and never being able to find anything exactly level 20 for you to fight.

I haven't played since release and, even though I could download and see if it has changed at all, the main appeal was it as an MMO with exploration and free flowing combat and there is no one playing.

casual and open-world = shit.

I remember playing it like, 5 years ago, but it was in early stages.
What happened to it?

stuck in dev hell

Some distant day, when the moon turns blue and the continents drift far away, an update will come to the game Cube World. But this is only a hope of mine, because Wollay WON'T FUCKING RELEASE THE GODDAMN UPDATE.

Played this for a while, it eated 2gb of RAM in 10 minutes with all the settings on either low or off, played the bootleg called Trove, it runs similar if not just the same but with more content.

I wonder what stops people from at least releasing bug fixes and improvement for the game to run better or at least don't make it appear as if it had a memory leak

I never had memory issues with CW or maybe I never noticed it.
Trove combat is dogshit compared to CW. Art design is also far weaker and a lot of shit is behind paywal.

I enjoyed what I played of the alpha, and if Cube World never came out properly(tm), I don't know if I'd be horribly let down. The game was already vaporware for years before the alpha came out, so getting to play it at all was a blessing.

Then you're fucking lucky, I didn't even get to spend money on it because the payment system was getting DDoSed because the alpha was so widely anticipated. I was willing to, too, but he really didn't want my money.

Less likely: Wollay's actually working on it and we'll see it later. Like, at launch, because he didn't want to release the alpha and only did so because his arm was twisted.
More likely: Dude took the money and ran and we'll never see it ever.

Update never ever

There was some sort of patch fix that you could use to make it run faster.
Like forcing all the models to be hollow so it wouldn't require that much to render them.

Kabamed

Can't someone buy the ip from them?

Hope you like that alpha boyo, it's the only thing you will get out of wollay. He took the money and ran the moment he released the alpha.

Want proof?
The guy was never that talketive about his game until he announced the alpha, but he still updated his twitter every other month before he relased it. After the release however, he went completely radio silent after complaning about being DDOS'ed out of his potential money. He pretty much just released two hotfixes to shut people up and then just vanished completely from the internet for upwards of a year or more.
My guess is that he started updating his twitter again becuase he want to revive the hype so that he can pull that shit one more time.

Wait, it was multiplayer?

Yes, the pirated version had working servers too. Not sure how many players could join the same server. Some boss fights were fun as a team.

Not unless they're a publicly traded company

Does anyone have the post about user writing a story about a cube wanting to flat/cubize the entire world so he could have a place he could fit in? Saging because it's unrelated.

It was some user fanfiction of the twomp behind the bars in Mario Kart 64 right?

Yeah it was.

c'mon I wanna relive the past you fucks

bumpan, I know it ain't updated but still the old versions ain't in the share thread
one of you'll niggers has to have it

Yeah
I'm also still salty about Minecraft's potential, we could have gotten Dwarf Fortress-lite 3D, we could have dwelled inside expanding, underground fortresses.
We could have been able to bully elf tribes, make allies with outher towns, even do outposts and trade routes, bait enemies so you can have them try to rush your fort, but instead they meet a world of pain due to traps and contractions.
I mean, they had the money to hire good AI programmers and rework the combat.

But they chose to pander to kids and youtubers.
At least we got DQ Builders, but I wanted to explore all of this on first person.

wasnt there an instance based mmo one named skysaga?

What is the appeal of this game? I remember it being shipped on half/v/ a long ass time ago and never resurfaced. What made it more appealing than Minecraft. It always looked like shit to me.

drive.google.com/open?id=19AVER6ghPsY_-DuU2JRK_8lq6dEvZgtC

M-mods will fix it.

That wasn't funny user

Attached: DZHnwR1XcAEmAiX.jpg (700x700, 54.19K)

Fucking shitty google
filedropper.com/cubesetup3

Attached: aadd75c7a8ec169b7685f686fb3968c6e9abf3dd3a978df4e6c831c54a186a9d.jpg (640x625, 39.04K)

corneroids
firefall
space station remakes

GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY

Too bad it died and went to development hell, 7 days to die scratches my autism blox itch fairly well, and the devs are in constant contact and release noticeable updates.

Is this not a cracked copy or am I just retarded?