Why was Turok never bigger than Golden Eye...

Why was Turok never bigger than Golden Eye? When everybody talks about classic titles for the N64 or FPS games for consoles, they always mention Golden Eye first and not Turok. I recently played the HD remaster and only now do I just realize how good this game was! It feels like all the levels are a connected world filled with secrets and hidden places to explore. It looks better and is more creative with characters than Golden Eye was. It seems bigger and is just more fun to play. Why does Golden Eye get more praise?

Attached: turok-box-art-163020.jpg (655x732, 98.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/5gm0zh6926bgt57/Speed Mods.rar?dl=0
purina.com.au/cats/training/train
hillspet.com/cat-care/training/kitten-command-training
caninejournal.com/dog-bite-statistics/
legalmatch.com/law-library/article/animal-bite-accident-statistics.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ftIRIPcsqxo
youtube.com/watch?v=gXhJj9AGLvc
youtube.com/watch?v=pAjtkuDlsv8
youtube.com/watch?v=AgejhM6XGRA
youtube.com/watch?v=rqBnLKxaxSo
youtube.com/watch?v=yfZddEiuv5U
youtube.com/watch?v=UNEC-SdjN3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=KZiG-icsVug
youtube.com/watch?v=fAJv3jFsUFM
youtube.com/watch?v=58ioHM3S2ak
youtube.com/watch?v=YhDZzVCGAaY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know. Back in my PC days Turok was bigger than Golden Eye, because i never had N64.

Because Goldeneye was the most popular Bond movie in decades and completely reinvigorated the franchise which had been on hiatus after the Timothy Dalton period. Not too mention that Goldeneye was a genuinely great game, a shooter with objectives that was widely available to consumers based on a popular movie at the time.

I spent an untold amount of time playing Goldeneye as a kid, it was as good as they say. Turok is a fine game and Turok 2 was pretty decent as well, I remember enjoying both when I was young as well. But Turok doesn't have personality like Bond, Turok doesn't have a movie. Also after Turok 2 I heard the games got progressively worse, Rage Wars didn't even have a single player campaign if memory serves.

Goldeneye was more popular because of its multiplayer and because it was in an existing and high-profile universe. It's really not that good a game otherwise particularly compared to PC shooters of the time.

No Multiplayer

Goldneye is a better game, the empty levels of turok filled with boring combat encounters and unimaginative platforming padding the game was far less engaging than objective based game play where you are doing an entirely different thing level to level, where enemies are satisfying to fight and the game is teeming with variety.

Turok is short, has levels way too big for the content in them, the bosses suck, and once you beat the first stage you've essentially got an expectation of what you'll get from the rest. Why did all these turok shit eaters turn up after nightdive got kaisers port in active production? Turok sucks and the only good Turok is 3.

there are no PC shooters like Goldeneye, and it is better than many of its competition on the PC.

Turok 2 was more popular than the 1st, on 64 it had fog and lag out the ass if I can remember and no mp didnt help either when you had 4 controller ports.

By that logic, movie based games should always be great.

Goldeneye was the death of the Bond film franchise. It turned him into a cuck.

Because there's no reason to make an FPS as limited as Goldeneye on PC
It did some mildly interesting things but overall it's mostly just notable for pushing FPS tech on consoles.

goldeneye is less limited than comparable PC shooters of the time. Less rhetoric more meat.
being an objective based shooter is more than mildly interesting, as well as having enemies with varied reactions based on where you hit them. It also meaningfully impact game play. Give an argument next post.

But Goldeneye didn't have any secrets and was too linear. Visually, Turok has held up better. It has better weapons.

Goldeneye had multiplayer and had the bond license.

Quake 1 was released a year before goldeneye. What the fuck are you smoking?

Quake was better than Goldeneye too!

secrets are arbitrary. Many levels allowed you to complete objectives in whichever order you wish.

being able to see more than 20 feet ahead of you makes goldeneye more visually appealing. Plus not having repeating textures making up the entirety of the level.

the first turok had pretty lame standard FPS weapons. Goldeneye has a large variety of weapons across at the time, non-standard weapon archetypes. I'd say they're about even there.

quake 1 isn't "less limited" than goldeneye, and something being "less limited" isn't a legitimate point. Give it some substance.

You were the one who fucking said that here

yes, we have IDs here. Are you going to substantiate it? Give me a PC shooter where you can target enemies from head to toe, each limb, eliciting a different reaction to wherever you tag them. Give me a PC shooter where you can dual wield every weapon with it not being locked to a power up. Give me a PC shooter where every level is built upon completing objectives and not just getting to the end switch, many levels which give you the opportunity to complete those objectives however you wish.

Better yet, stay on fucking subject and tell me how Turok is better than that. Go on.

Not at all just why it was widely popular, the brand and name is already established. James Bond movies have been around since the 60s, with films being produced evey 2 years at one point. Ian Flemings novels have been around even longer. However Goldeneye is by far the most successful film to game adaption in vidya history. You could argue Goldeneyes success is responsible for some of the abominations that came afterwards.

As for the movie Goldeneye is was extremely popular at the time. It was far more intelligent and less campy than the Roder Moore era and Brosan had more personality than Timothy Dalton. The central theme in Goldeneye is betrayal, which is always an interesting theme. Sean Beans 006 betrays James, MI6 and later his accomplice Ourumov. General Ourumov betrays the Russian Federation, however his motivations are his view that the Russian Federation is a betrayal of the Soviet Union. Boris the hacker betrays Natalya. The assassin Xenia fucks her prey and then murders them in the act, a betrayal of trust when their guard is down. The villians are all unique and their motivations pretty fleshed out. The only weak point of the movie is that Trevelyn's grand plan is just a bank heist (which Bond calls him out on). I don't understand your reasoning for Bond being a cuck in the film. Other films perhaps, but not Goldeneye.

This isn't even counting all the technological accomplishments Quake had.
and here we are moving the goalposts

Okay guys, lets review few things, Turok and Golden Eye were both released in 1997, what else we have releasing in 1996-1997?

The Terminator: SkyNET, Bethesda Softworks, 1996
Duke Nukem 3D, 3D Realms, 1996
Alien Trilogy, Probe Entertainment, 1996
Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, Raven Software, 1996
Final Doom, id Software, 1996
Quake, id Software, 1996
Blood, Monolith Productions, 1997
Doom 64, Midway Games, 1997
Redneck Rampage, Xatrix Entertainment, 1997
Shadow Warrior, 3D Realms, 1997
Hexen II, Raven Software, 1997
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, LucasArts, 1997
Quake II, id Software, 1997

You think with all those releases those two were the most important ones?

You claimed that less limited isn't an argument and yet you yourself only said the same thing. I'm not getting drawn into your shitfest I'm asking you to explain why an argument works for you and the very same thing doesn't for someone else.

and taking pictures, planting trackers, planting bombs. At least play the games you talk about.

there we go, some substance.
agreed, although multiplayer is multiplayer and goldeneye has that. Different types.
agreed about faster movement, the levels are about the same size, but it varies. Something being big doesn't mean it's good. Goldeneyes levels are also much more dense.
agreed, although enemy variety isn't the goal of goldeneye, it's objective completion. Guards with different guns and AI patterns changed up how you dealt with combat encounters in goldeneye pretty well. Having a guard with a grenade launcher is a world apart from one with dual kobbs.
I agree, to an extent. But now that we're done reading the back of the box, lets talk about mechanics and level design, the actual meat of the games as they were at their respective times of relevance.

*tips fedora* heil total biscuit

something being less limited can be worlds apart in what it means on a case by case basis. Either you can be talking about how the levels are point A to point B or how levels can have numerous goals for you to complete in whichever order you choose. Or it can mean having a level editor vs not, or it can mean being able to jump vs being able to not. Substantiate them by saying something meaningful. That's why it doesn't work.

Here I'll break it down for you:

This is your post. In it you say only "goldeneye is less limited than comparable PC shooters of the time." and this is apparently fine.

This is another post by you. In it you claim "something being "less limited" isn't a legitimate point". Apparently now only saying less limited is not fine. You are operating a double standard. I have no stake in this argument I just want to see you explain yourself. I suspect you're really a cuckchan rapefugee who forgot we have IDs which would also explain why you're blidingly defending Goldeneye.

I substantiated how goldeneye is less limited. Many PC shooters were still operating on the doom rules of find keys, hit switches, kill dudes along the way, reach the end of the level. Dudes you shoot either die, flinch (or not), or gib. In Goldeneye they react to where they're hit, have subtle behavior like sneezes, scratches, and fly swatting which does influence how they react to your presence, stealth is an option in goldeneye to a point, with slappers acting as a 1-hit-KO from behind. None of this is things I haven't said already. You should read the thread.

Talking about games in detail and objecting to stupid arguments like le turok is better because it has secrets and is more creative which is as vague as can be – that is absolute cuckchan shit. If you're afraid to talk about the details of the games, what sort of conclusions should I draw about you?

since this is thread about old games nobody talks about, I'm going to throw this one out there, Starsiege: Tribes (1998)

oy vey remember turok, watch the movie we're going to put out next year

I think the answer is pretty obvious OP.

Attached: b854a90fc8634b1003c994b332b32c8ce38a7ccd622b0e00d07b813d224b9983.jpg (581x758 563.33 KB, 119.36K)

Oh whoops, wrong image.

Attached: numale_switch_2.jpg (1280x720, 124.47K)

personal favorite

Attached: the master race2.jpg (2448x3264, 1.71M)

I hardly ever replay Goldeneye compared to Perfect Dark or Turok, but I think the Goldeneye poster has a point. Goldeneye was a genuinely innovative FPS compared to Turok that introduced many things that had previously been unheard of in the genre. Turok was sort of like Doom or Descent with longer levels.

On the other hand Turok definitely had smarter default controls than Goldeneye, which Rareware noticed and rectified for Perfect Dark. And Iguana must have noticed the context-sensitive body parts in Goldeneye because they had some fun with it in Turok 2.

Every damn time. Why does Nintendo trigger you pcfags so much?

Attached: the_absolute_PC_gamer.jpg (1174x2300, 548.83K)

Also more on topic it's because Goldeneye is was more advanced and honestly just more fun.

You're ignoring goldeneyes various control schemes, which even allows you to use two controllers for dual analog control.

People had better games to be, in all honesty. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are fantastic, for console games. They'd be even better if they were originally released on PC

while Turok is technically a better game
its nowhere near exciting as concept

turok is an objectively worse game

his mouth is shut
looks superior to me

>>>/reddit/

there's not much to smile about.

Attached: tw3-5.jpg (2133x925, 296.67K)

Native American killing Dinosaurs and time travelling cant beat giant legacy of James Bond
Thats what i am saying

who is Turok, why should i care, is what pops up immideatly
James Bond is better written
even thou these are games it still seems to matter

why mention it anyways? perfect dark was superior

if Turok had a character arc, it would change a lot of things

just not with that framerate

I already told you I really don't care about the games I'm just asking for some consistency. For example why didn't you reply to this user ?

/thread

nice trips, you can always emulate it with that kb+m version

All those three faces are made by completely different technology, and therefore animated differently. Gerald face has real time physics of his beard and hair, realistic facial animation and extremely realistic expressions neither fable nor silent hill 3 had.

Attached: shenmue passport.webm (320x240 7.85 MB, 4.6M)

You can at least emulate them with mouse controls.

user, how old are you?

I could see comparison with Yakuza or VTM Bloodlines as possibility. But certainly not SH3 or Fable bullshit.

Attached: y.webm (480x360 4.59 MB, 4.69M)

no thanks, I don't want any trojans.

right, so a metashitter, so a jew. begone.

the stylization to yakuza's realistic style really makes it one of the better looking games around. The standard NPCs you pass in the world look decent but the more detailed main characters still have that feeling that they look realistic while also having a sort of greater detail to them that reminds me of certain movie star faces.

Goldeneye is a hard pill to swallow compared to Perfect Dark and Goldeneye.

The first game was fine, albeit unremakrable.

The second was a classic that wasn't aging well technically, but the recent PC remaster corrects that and it holds-up now.

The third and Evolution are underrated gems imho.

The 2008 reboot was a bad Halo knockoff.

*Perect Dark and Timesplitters

Fuckkk

Honestly I dont know, I have only played the PC versions but I absolutely loved Turok.
Turok 2 is kinda meh for me though, not as fast or as fun as the first one.

Here's a mod for the Turok 2 remaster that makes Joshua run more like Tal'Set.

dropbox.com/s/5gm0zh6926bgt57/Speed Mods.rar?dl=0

Goldeneye was more unique. It pretty much invented a whole new subgenre, whereas Turok follows the model set by PC FPS pretty closely. It was also the first N64 FPS with multiplayer deathmatches, I believe. That was significant.

turok was complete trash where you couldn't see 5 feet infront of yourself because of the n64 fog while it ran at 10fps.

its ok on pc

Most of these games usually are since it removes the limitations.

Attached: a better switch.jpg (1024x768, 228.26K)

Except the music.

Attached: Turok 2 Menu Theme.webm (480x360, 1.85M)

Turok is badass, and the only real way to play it is on an actual N64.

the timothy dalton movies were superior to goldeneye

The music is different on PC?

The remaster of Turok2 lets you pick which soundtrack you want so see for yourself.

I don't know the Remaster has it's perks

Attached: Fucking Videogames (1).webm (640x360, 11.63M)

Goldeneye was first made with Timothy Dalton in mind. Which btw makes sense because in tone it's a lot like his other Bond-movies.

Nintendo fans weren't always soyboys though. Turok and Goldeneye were from back in the 90s when gaming was "EXTREME" and "TOTALLY RADICAL DUDE!"

Good God! Do I miss those days!

Taken from Wikipedia:

You can do the same in Turok.

But what you're seeing isn't really all that visually appealing. The characters and backgrounds look like blocky shit. Turok has the same problem, but it takes a "less is more" approach by not being as overly abitious as Goldeneye is. The fog ads to the atmosphere.

Don't tell me you prefer the boring realistic weapons of Goldeneye over the Turok's weapons! The fusion cannon is reason alone to play the game! It pre-dates the Fat Man from Fallout!

Attached: Fusion_Cannon_3.png (641x478, 268.26K)

Goldeneye was THE party game. The multiplayer was outstanding. Turok was also too hard for casuals.

Turok is a badass time travelling American Indian from the 1800s. He first appeared in comic books back in the 1950s. He's had many reboots and retcons since then. He's fought dinosaurs, aliens, cyborgs (Including cyborg dinosaurs controlled by aliens)

Sounds way more exciting than vanilla James Bond.

Attached: turok.jpg (600x921, 148.78K)

its a red bfg shut the fuck up

But unlike the BFG, it blankets the screen with a nuclear explosion.

nonwhite protagonis

weapons like this are nothing new

This.
People can argue all they want, but this is the main (and rightful) reason.
Put two similar (and good) entertainment pieces together, and the one with the White and Straight Man as the protagonist will always be the preferable one.

What if I told you,
That good game ideas,
inherently revolve around such people?

who let you fags out of your containment board?

Attached: shake.jpg (489x355, 21.06K)

Because Turok was absolute shit. Next question.

Attached: wariothumb.png (303x243, 4.52K)

Goldeneye was the Halo of the 90's. By that, I mean it was the overrated trash consolefags thought of as masterpieces. They did nothing new or exciting, they didn't push tech forward, they didn't even do what they did particularly well. They had marketing and interesting settings behind them, and did stuff console gamers hadn't seen before, but they were beaten to the punch by PC games every time.

I can't believe people are going on about how amazing Goldeneye was when Blood, Jedi Knight, Quake 2, and Hexen 2 came out the same year. Consolefags disgust me.

Next thing you're going to tell me is that you played Goldeneye with slappers only like a true faggot.

Can't tell if they're from Holla Forums or they're Plebbit incels. Either way, you faggots can go.

Holla Forums and Holla Forums have always been the same board newfriend.

This.

At least one of those soyboys got rekt by his cat

Attached: catattack.webm (720x1280, 1.74M)

I love how you assume they're PCfags and not ex-nintendo fans. A lot of people got burned by them user.

Cats don't attack like this right in the throat unless they sense extreme danger or easy prey, and even with prey they would toy.
The guy probably abuses his cat.

Is this game worth playing on PC?

Attached: 1421791130595.jpg (287x304 50.85 KB, 209.58K)

Maybe cats, like dogs can only tolerate so much faggotry albeit with a higher tolerance, and this one dude's soyjoy was enough to push it over the limit

I'm pretty sure the cat smelled the soy induced weakness

>>>/cuckchan/

Because James Bond > some shitty kiddy dinosaurs

Are you dense? Brozzo was the blandest of them all (and yes, I'm including Craig). And fuck you, Roger is the Adam West of the Bond actors, he's fun as hell to watch.

Also, the main problem with Goldeneye is that it tries way too hard to take itself seriously while taking no risks at all. Wooo! Bond now lives in post-cold war, no biggie he's still doing his thing. Wooo! Bond's boss is a woman, but she's still doing the typical M thing with no addition to her character. Wooo! The villain is his best friend, a character we haven't seen before, have no connection with, whose plan is all over the place and, for someone who knows Bond's every move, he is defeated by a grenade and a run-of-the-mill fight scene.

just because steam and its community sucks doesnt mean all PC fags suck ok

Attached: 1515849393927.jpg (800x732, 65K)

Wow, a PCfag frogposting cuckchanner. What a unique and interesting character you are.

Pepe you mongoloid.

Goldeneye did lots of new things. You not liking it doesn't mean it doesn't count.

It did things shooters had already been well beyond for decades. It did nothing new.

Attached: laughpepe.jpg (540x534, 42.24K)

What a sad state we're in.

Cuckchan doesn't have a monopoly on pepe you fucking retarded newfag.

Attached: 6fddb6d9ef3f7cc85b31b2dbb82287f492dbe46c8307567eb894ae4df4eddb72.png (1578x1202, 703.17K)

Are you blind? Look at the fucking filename.

Yeah, apparently I'm blind.

Attached: mokou_embarrassed.jpg (422x509, 41.6K)

We all make mistakes user just beware the cuckchan menace.

Goldeneye did new things though. Levels in Goldeneye actually had objectives, which didn't boil down to keyhunting or fucking stupid puzzles ala Hexen I and II.

Facebook frog is still shit and foreign.

It's "objectives" weren't anything new.

t. jew

dude epic kek #freekekistan xDDD D D D D D D

Attached: go back to where you belong.jpg (478x487, 70.73K)

I think the reason why GoldenEye is better than Turok was because GoldenEye had a more straightforward approach to everything(with the small-medium sized maps and objectives stated). In Turok on the other hand, you need to explore huge ass jungle maps (not that it's bad) to find keys scattered around. Imagine doing that with the N64 and its controlled camera movements.

wtf how did u find my steam profile!!

Perfect Dark was revolutionary and way ahead of its time. It pushed the N64 to its limits.

As for why GE was so popular, just take a look at Cinemassacre's recent review of it.

Nope.

Pierce Brosnan's portrayal of Bond hasn't aged well. He's a generic "jack of all trades" Bond and his movies are suffer from terrible scripts and retarded action sequences where he goes around gunning people like Rambo.

Dalton was ahead of its time, he was the most accurate Bond true to the novels. He read the books before taking the role. Unfortunately the audience in the 80's was too used to Roger Moore's campiness so they weren't ready for a serious Bond yet. But in 2006 with Casino Royale, people finally accepted a serious Bond by Daniel Craig.

GoldenEye would've been perfect for Dalton.

sounds like goldeneye getting its rightful praise makes you really asshurt, just like halo does too. Sorry it makes you upset they're better than whatever hipster shit shooters you probably like, such as shogo or chasm the rift. those games are garbage and are rightfully never brought up except by hipsters.

[cont]

Official Bond rankings:

1. Sean Connery (not even a debate)
2. Timothy Dalton
3. Daniel Craig
4. Pierce Brosnan
5. Roger Moore
6. George Lazenby (although the 1 movie he's in is god tier)

Also GoldenEye is overrated, the best Bond films are:

where there's actual espionage involved and not just some generic action movie with gadgets (in which case Goldfinger > GoldenEye).

I'm white and I'd rather play the badass Indian instead of the britcuck.

Attached: turok20.jpg (844x1280, 397.32K)

Attached: aftermath.jpg (202x360 62.4 KB, 423.25K)

This is why you don't keep cat's.

Fixed that for you.

t. soyboy sperg

Attached: 068b6334e38ef18129b3559913059189b8949dbbaeaf6920e1239ad8526a0884.jpg (414x499 30.33 KB, 453.84K)

Why the apostrophe?

You niggers are the true manchildren, I've grown up around farm cats, the true cats, not that pussy cat house shit you pretend is the true cat.

I respect cats for being predators which benefits us, but convincing yourself they're good pets is insane.
Dogs are and always have been superior.

Attached: aryanmasterrace.jpg (671x361, 23.47K)

Eh,you can have a bad dog breed,you can't have a bad cat breed.

That is because you are a cuck.
White is superior.
There is no need to have characters that aren't either White or asian in entertainment.

Animal attacked him because he can't handle it. It clearly hates him and he was sperging out getting the animal all riled up. I've seen dogs get uppity over perceived aggression between males and spastic beahavior. My cats, my whole life farm and indoor have never struck me like this even when I'd handle them roughly.

Clearly you are a bad caretaker for the animal.

Attached: 6578679.jpg (604x453, 72.33K)

A dog is an animal that through selection is bred to serve.
Small dogs sure are little runts, but most dogs can be bent to your will through training.

Attached: NorthKoreanPokemon.jpg (800x534, 125.23K)

Then you're are lying out your ass.
Farm cat's never/rarely recognize you.

They're literally cat's in the wild that benefit from the draw rats, and other prey that are attracted to harvest.
Cat's are crazy fucking pyscho's that are not worth viewing as pets, especially since they have a parasite which changes neurological function.

Attached: Those_Who_Sacrifice_Speed_For_Security_Deserve_Neither_and_Lose_Both.jpg (874x914, 142.75K)

That doesn't really go against what i said that certain breeds of dogs are just bad from the get go,where with cats even if they're bad they're nowhere near as bad as dogs can start as.

That's because cat breeds are bred, based on climate and look.
Dog's are bred by utility are were.
Even small dogs had utility 200 years ago when small dog poodle mixes where used as rat hunters which could deal with high humidity climates which cats could not.

That's where the poodle comes from is french, spanish fleets requiring a dog with fur which did not shed and could deal with water.
You have dogs who can lead the blind
Dogs who can sniff out bombs
Dogs who can sniff out narcotics
Dogs who guard
Dogs who can offer companionship
Cats, do only two things
Kill pests,
Make you feel like you're not alone.

DOGS>CATS

Who still uses r/the_Holla Forumsnald? Say something bad about Trump, BANNED.

If a farm cat doesn't recognize you then you never had a close relationship with it to begin with. That's usually the intention unless the owners interact with the animal often.
purina.com.au/cats/training/train
hillspet.com/cat-care/training/kitten-command-training
You can train your cat to shit in the toilet if you want. Not even a dog can do that.
Again, has literally never happened to me. My cat who lives on my grandparents vineyard as an outdoor mouser is always overcome with joy to see us, he gets so lonely out there and craves human contact.
A dog is far more likely to attack it's owner, despite cats being the more popular pet. In fact it's the most common animal bite in America.
caninejournal.com/dog-bite-statistics/
legalmatch.com/law-library/article/animal-bite-accident-statistics.html
Often they may bite when scared or under stress, and cats are no different like we see here. Stay mad soyboy.

Not a pet.
Not a pet. Lets not even forget the issues with rehabilitating a service dog.
Just accept that you have a preference you idiot.
Granted a dog is much more suited to this purpose, it's not unheard of to hear stories of cats defending their owners from bears and dogs, as well as defending babies and other animals.
youtube.com/watch?v=ftIRIPcsqxo
youtube.com/watch?v=gXhJj9AGLvc
youtube.com/watch?v=pAjtkuDlsv8
youtube.com/watch?v=AgejhM6XGRA
youtube.com/watch?v=rqBnLKxaxSo
youtube.com/watch?v=yfZddEiuv5U
youtube.com/watch?v=UNEC-SdjN3Q

A cat is clearly smarter than a dog, but much more independent. There are pros and cons to each animal, and I've enjoyed taking care of both throughout my life. Polite sage for off topic forcing of my hand in relation to cat vs dog autism.

Attached: 1e41ad0938a02f86b0db33899651fa1742dd7e77248a88ff2f34f305e25a50b5.png (540x489 535.13 KB, 15.99K)

This shit fucking makes me happy,to see cats defending people or scaring away other animals,more if you got them please.

youtube.com/watch?v=KZiG-icsVug
youtube.com/watch?v=fAJv3jFsUFM
youtube.com/watch?v=58ioHM3S2ak
youtube.com/watch?v=YhDZzVCGAaY
To tired to make more Webms.

Attached: cat protects dog friend.webm (640x356 2.45 MB, 2.85M)

multiplayer dumbass

Who the fuck cares, if you wanted to play multiplayer with friends you were playing multiplayer with friends either way.

Attached: absolutemacfags.jpg (2000x2000, 546.55K)

I never got why most women liked cats and men liked dogs, since women look for dog qualities in men and men essentially end up keeping a 125lb cat when they get married

Cats are dainty things that dont really do much at all except groom themselves and whine at you to give them resources like food

Dogs are bumbling retards full of devotion that do everything in their power to gain affection,doing everything from farm labor to risking their life finding bombs to rescuing morons skiing, or just outright running under tanks with bombed strapped to them

I've met many cats cause I grew up in hipsterville, they were all asshole cats.
I have also met many dogs that were trained to the extent of "sit" and "no" and were all wonderful.
The only bad dogs I've come across are ones that grew up in the ghetto and had an owner that took its frustration out at it.
yet every chocolate lab that I've met has been a hyperactive piece of shit that would never stop barking.

I haven't played Turok on n64.
I have played Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on n64.
That's why.

Cat's are strong enough to overpower a full grown woman in a feat of strength if it's terrified enough to grip something for dear life, and that's just something that's common for Vets to deal with if it's trying to kill you the same you see in comedies then good fucking luck your face is coming right off. The reason woman collect cats is to fill an empty void in their heart, you can generally tell based on how many cats they have and if they don't replace their cats.

That's because the puppy mills only sell the hyperactive ones and the owners that buy them are shit or otherwise too inadequate and too lax with them, they need a lot of work. You go outside and you fucking play for hours with physical activities or make him work until he's exhausted. The subtle body language of Humans living with it is much more of an influence on labs then most dogs. Chocolate labs are also one of the smarter breeds, since they'll regularly pickup on keywords you use when they get older and understand what you're saying vaguely but won't care if you don't speak those keywords they pay attention too.

Actual answer: because parents knew Goldeneye from the movie and bought it like a normalfag tie-in.

I think it's just because GoldenEye had multiplayer before Turok had multiplayer, so it became the de-facto multiplayer shooter.
The fact that it was based on a hit movie helped, as did the "training wheels" that lowered the skill ceiling compared to Turok.
GE had more generous auto-aim and no jumping or falling to deal with, as well as primitive ADS.
Turok had better weapons though.

If you were a toddler who gots his N64 for Christmas. Actual FPS players were balls deep in Quake 2.

And here we have the colossal hipster cunt who failed basic reading comprehension to give his uninformed two cents only tangentially related to the OP.
Can't have a conversation about why one console game got chosen over another console game on that same console without some dickface chiming in about a different game altogether (which was more synonymous with a completely different platform).
Maybe read the fucking subject of the thread next time.

Holy shit, what are you even still discussing?

I've always been curious: Are there FPSs before Goldeneye that actually had context-sensitive hit areas? Or even headshots that do different damage from body shots?

Pretty sure arcade light-gun games had contextual damage and animations. Virtua Cop and Time Crisis and the like. House of the Dead definitely did but that came out after.

Nice

I first played Goldeneye with the mouse hack and I can't imagine playing it on original hardware now.

r/the_Holla Forumsnald uses r/the_Holla Forumsnald. The "real" Holla Forums migrated to some slow alternative boards here and on other sites and they hate namedropping

Attached: 4a16e106b2437c5e0684295ac9bc2568adcf33759231dbb1ef1107b19e32a472.png (477x437, 180.59K)

Aren't American Indians decended from Asians?

Dogs are definitely more loyal.

Forgot to post this.

Attached: native american asian decent.jpg (500x500, 100.72K)

The N64 was THE console for FPS back in the day when getting a computer was expensive and it was sometimes difficult to get games working on it.

Attached: quake 2.jpg (640x468 155.39 KB, 49.49K)

wtf, i love guessing

See, the numale fears the kitty. (or should anyway) Cats owned by good flyover/conservative folk and vets are great friendly pets usually. You also might get the more distant farm cat and occasional ornery little shit that hates being touched too, rural cats are often more hands off. I thing that urbanites are bad with animals.

Most of those boards are shit though and not just because of inactivity.

I don't ever recall having difficulty getting games running, that's more of a modern phenomenon with me.

Attached: cot_blini.webm (640x360, 2.52M)

but why a cat? Cats cant be bothered to even look at you if you walk into the room, while dogs fall over themselves for affection

Because cats are dominant and women want to be dominated. Dogs remind them of betas.

Cats can be pretty subservant too

Not that i've ever seen.

I had a PC and an N64, played most of those games, and Goldeneye is still really good despite its flaws.

Compared to that list, here's stuff Goldeneye did well-

Rare's followup FPS kicked ass and it's easy for memory to blur some of Perfect Dark's improvements with its more primitive predecessor. But Goldeneye was still good.

Turok had shitty draw distrance and a bad frame rate. It was a good game but I preferred Goldeneye better.

Well if you never played with an N64 controller then no amount of keyboard + mouse controls is going to help you "get it". I mean shit I played the N64 so much that the N64 controller is second nature in these hands and without the mouse hack trying to control 3 fifths of the N64 selection is a god damned nightmare for me.

Don't bother explaining to pc fags they're all emuniggers who don't understand how the games actually play.

You clearly didn't actually watch it

Didn't Turok cost like $70 on release compared to GoldenEye's more reasonable $40?

Dalton era was better still.

Attached: 5e1eedb0fcf9f93b742c7dbae6307ef266125b3af35eb3aac7e0b3c18743fb0a.jpg (645x729, 67.32K)

But it was. At least in my country. Not everything is about the US.

Nigger what?

Attached: 8cb4db6aa8b884f76fa10afc7084dae6e56ebe49922374ad3a10b7cc3a306bf9.gif (500x384, 1.65M)

It's hard to use DOS if you're a drooling retard who can't remember basic file structure and a few commands. Though "Expanded" and "Extended" memory still fucks with my head to this day. Glad those days are long past.

The only games today that are "Hard to get running" are games that heavily relied on old DirectX and 3dfx Glide.