Is there anyone who can be appropriately called the Andrei Tarkovsky of the video game industry? Honestly...

Is there anyone who can be appropriately called the Andrei Tarkovsky of the video game industry? Honestly, I don't think so, but I'm open to suggestions.

Attached: Tarkovsky.png (757x470, 157.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

crpgaddict.blogspot.co.id/2010/03/what-is-crpg.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a soviet hack that only hipsters and slavs (aka hipsters) like? Yes its called GSC gameworld, based vavra, and taleworlds

The guys who made S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

Who else?

Attached: 4.jpeg (412x300, 36.72K)

You don't have to like him personally, but let's not pretend he isn't well-respected internationally.

if you're willing to accept a studio rather than an auteur, then Ice-Pick Lodge, why not?

Yeah, sure, why not? Actually, that's a pretty good suggestion.

STALKER isn't actually a very good game once you get past the atmosphere and try actually playing the damn thing. I appreciate what it tried to do but it was too poorly executed to be worthwhile. Misery makes it almost tolerable but you can't polish a turd.

This is how you spot a redditor. Misery is one of the worst STALKER mods, mostly due to its artificial difficulty and that ugly ass brown filter.

There's this real swell guy that works at Bethesda, I think his name is Rodd Doward

Attached: rodd doward.png (809x829, 1017.64K)

Attached: Visionary.jpg (720x900, 214.49K)

MISERY as in the mod that's based around doubling down on the sort of WoW inspiration that Call of Pripyat had to it changing gameplay mechanics to lower the skill ceiling and add more gear checks, and that then does stuff like making bloodsucker claws take away more HP than an RPG, making helmets weight 20kgb and adding 20mb pin-up textures to the game on top of that, and that then on top of that introduces lots and lots of crash bugs?

he makes pretty good stories

Your mod sure is great, Reddit!

You must be a newfag.

Attached: Kinema.jpg (1024x2000, 477.21K)

You're just not le hardcore enough, XDDD
It's a mod only Redditors like because they think difficulty = Dark Souls which must by default = good because Kotaku told me so

Vidya is already stagnating despite being stuck in the movie equivalent of the silent era, so expecting an Andrei Tarkovsky-tier auteur to arise with a mastery of the medium would take a borderline miracle. 's suggestion of Ice Pick Lodge is the closest you'll get for now and we likely won't get anything closer until devs start doing basic shit like implementing video game stories through in-game systems instead of writing and directing them.

Attached: tmokzf.jpg (721x711, 288.99K)

Thanks for reminding me, I still have to watch Nostalghia and The Sacrifice before reading Sculpting in Time.

I want to

FUCK

that catgirl. How furry is that?

Pretty furry. Also she looks like she has fetal alcohol syndrome

Not at all, really.
Her doujin is fairly vanilla, too

Fuck off.

Interestingly, this is also my Tarkovsky to-do list, although I'm missing Mirror as well. I just watched Solaris and was surprised to find that Silent Hill 2 likely took quite a bit of inspiration from it.

Git gud.

I did, I got Radiophobia instead.

This.

Call of Pripyat isn't a salvageable game only Shadow of Chernobyl is worth playing.

Shadow of Chernobyl was stuck in development hell so long all the good content was cut. It's mostly only memorable for memes like picrelated and even they get old fast.

Attached: get_out.jpg (1280x1024, 674.82K)

Fucking faggots the lot of you

Attached: TeamSilentGroup.png (633x348, 386.34K)

you fuck off.

all 3 of the devs you listed have games which have sold more than a million copies. The complete opposite of hipster only.

Only low iq faggots who haven't read Tolstoy, Dostoyevski, Kierkegaard, and Nietzsche call Tarkovsky a hack.

Silent Hill is fucking garbage. They're just excellent atmosphere and nothing else, the gameplay and writing are trash. They have no right to be compared to Tarkovsky.

I take you have a better legitimate answer then user?

On another note who is the Jodorowsky of vidya?

Attached: aj.jpg (240x285, 8.94K)

It's Todd Howard, user. The key to understanding his works is they're communal. They have no hidden meanings, no puzzles, everything appears as is. The complexity of science fiction in Stalker and Solaris or politics in Andrei Rublev and Offret never gets any focus, they're only the background scenario that allows our characters to develop. Such is Todd Howard's games. He gives CRPG a communal appeal for the masses and focuses on what is the most important thing in an rpg, which is a world that revolves around the playable character and their development. No hidden meanings, no need for the players to understand the lore of the game, those are nothing more than complimentary objects.'

He's a hack who thinks symbolism, puzzling lore, fantastic spectacle that makes no sense, and wacky surrealism give depth to art. So Yoko Taro, Miyazaki, and Team Silent fit the bill.

You have to admit that it's a shitty topic. You have to admit that's a damn fuckable catgirl. Admit it, user.

No.

GSC aren't Soviet really since they were formed post collapse but pretty much this. Any slav or roach developer with a PC exclusive made in the last 15 years.

I'd prefer if it was a doggirl or a rabbitgirl frankly.

None of the TES games are CRPGs.

Shut the fuck up and leave.

Every single piece of shit globalist, kike, marxist, feminist, faggot abomination, and so on, is "respected" internationally, according to mainstream media.
Pedowood's child rapists are "respected" internationally.
Being "respected" internationally means nothing.
The individual is what matters, and he is a piece of shit like those cited.

So, everything that makes a video game good is not important?
Yeah, you and Todd are retards.

Timestamped photo of you with the books then big man.

You rabbit posters need to be banned.

C in this case stands for crappy.

After you /leftpol/, Holla Forums or whoever the hell you are.

TES fits every criteria of what makes a game an RPG.
crpgaddict.blogspot.co.id/2010/03/what-is-crpg.html

For plebs maybe.

(You)

Attached: books.jpg (1366x621, 250.88K)

Hideo Kojima

this

I want to FUCK (yes, FUCK) the chink girl on the left.

Also no.

Have a rare Tark tho. The absolute madman.

Attached: tarkovsky_dancing.png (1080x1366, 878.63K)

As much as I like Metal Gear, Kojima's work has nothing like the purity and clarity that characterize Tarkovsky's. After all, this isn't just a generic "who is the best vidya man" topic.

trying to emulate what tarkosky does in film into a game would make for a shitty game.

Attached: TH.png (128x128, 15.5K)

Some things never change.

Attached: Sato.png (409x311, 65.2K)

A guy willing to sacrifice comfort for his work isn't going to be the kind to seek the spotlight of a promo photo anyway

lolno

You people need to be gassed.

BTFO.

Pretty much.

Kojimbo is a fraud.
He never worked on any of the games that he is credited for.

I've no clue who that is but sicne we're talking music I just want to mention that I like Kirill Pokrovsky
Too bad he's fucking dead

That's because he only makes movies.

Not even that.
He stole assets made by his team members.
He was credited without literally working on anything.

Source

Any sjw walk simulator is the Jodorowsky of vidya.

Bullshit.

He's right though.

Attached: soy.jpg (623x668, 34.79K)

Look up whoever made The Void and Pathologic.

>>>/out/

Ice Pick Lodge, another overrated slavic meme developer tbh.

Pathalogic is actually pretty great though I haven't tried The Void.

I miss small dev-teams. It's how video game development should be. Everything else just kills the creativity and makes it bland and like every other game.

Most importantly i would just like to make games with a group like this instead of just being an ant in a big machine doing nothing important or having any clue of how the game is turning out to be.

It's called being humble user. They knew who brought things to the table, that's what mattered.

AA teams still exist they're just rare and mostly confined to Japan. Also if they're even slightly successful they get bought out.

Acquire better taste

it isn't, she's just a girl with a tail and ears added

Do you have autism?

(You)

STALKER sucks donkey dick, there's no taste involved.

Attached: hideo-kojima-tribeca-games-festival.jpg (1000x563, 117.01K)

>>>Holla Forums

Holla Forums never disappoints

I've explained why it sucks ITT we have IDs use them.

Best devs in 2018

CDPR
Warhorse
Piranha Bites
IOI
Obsidian
Rockstar Games

Those are all fucking terrible though.

Whiter than you Achmed

What?

Reminder.

Attached: f3ee0d8031845a7f498d90e0f1d0be35af7b7e79c43e4ab8cf6b960fb3bb4ee5.jpg (1182x1131, 264.08K)

Go back