Does anybody still play PSP games on their PSP (or PS Vita Adrenaline)? And if so...

Does anybody still play PSP games on their PSP (or PS Vita Adrenaline)? And if so, do you still play online with your buddies via same PSP or PPSSPP (PPSSPP host and PSP 2nd player) ?

Attached: whitepsp.jpg (920x613, 82.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2012/05/31/taking-psp-games-online-for-free/
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Help me faggots, all the old Homebrew tutorials are outdated by over ten years and most links I find are dead.

Yes, I mostly play JRPGs on it. No, I've never played any multiplayer PSP games with anyone.

You'll want the 6.6 CFW. I think Wololo has instructions.

Wololo is the only site that has everything you need for PSP and PS Vita homebrews and tutorials, you'll need the latest custom firmware in order to use the homebrews and install games.

Does PSP even have online anymore? last i checked even the built in internet radio was mostly dead, and this was before the store was taken offline.

Majority of PSP multiplayer games use Ad-hoc method, some use PSN, others use their own service. It's still possible to play PSP multiplayer games with other people worldwide but you need to set up Hamachi for both PSP (if using Pro Online client) or PPSSPP and share your hamachi IP to your friends or others in order to play together. PSN is dead and therefore impossible to access PSN features in PSP and its games, so if you want DLCs for certain game, you need to get them illegally.

I do play it sometimes at work
And I don't have any friends that have a PSP
wololo is your friend in this matter, don't be afraid to do it all over if you mess up, I got it on my second try
also found this:
wololo.net/2012/05/31/taking-psp-games-online-for-free/

I pretty much play all my PSP stuff through my Vita these days. Though I do still keep mine around, because I bought one for a friend for his birthday (installed CFW, tons of games, emulators, sdcard adapter) - and every so often we'll get a few people together to play PSP2 locally between my Vita, my PSP, his PSP, and PPSSPP.

Also, still tend to play the Project Diva games on PSP because the buttons are much more comfortable and easier to input quick combos with than with Vita's hard little nubs.

Attached: She has a Saturn.jpg (1280x720, 51.29K)

I'll still play monster hunter
When I was younger I would play with friends but most of them have lost or sold it by now.

I still use my PSP on the regular, despite having a few dead pixels in the display. Mostly playing MHFU and Disgaea 2 right now, with some occasional SNES roms.

Really wish there was a working iso of kenka bancho: badass rumble that didn't freeze, but what can you do?

I hope you're happy, this thread motivated me to finally unlock SOTN in Castlevania X Chronicles (shit looking game) and now I'm playing SOTN for like the 4th time would you believe me if I said I beat Symphony on a phone with touch controls?

I really want to get a PSP to set up for piracy, lots of games on it I'd like to play.

Attached: 1428716819586.png (512x323, 19.16K)

used ones sell for like $30-$50, it's a worthy investment

Attached: 51cb16c2171a6231ed95b7382296f136c136b9fec37cf9c6dad0e777e618209b.jpg (1440x810, 405.98K)

It's a little tough to even find them where I live. I found one with a bunch of shovelware games included for $75 but tucked away in the ad is "does not power on. sold as-is". I know a place that could probably fix it, but that's another $30-$60.

I just use my psp for PS1 and PSP games. My 2000 can't handle non-RPG SNES and Genesis games

You could buy one on Ebay or other online stores, or you can download PPSSPP to play psp games on PC.

Yes, because sotn is a piss-easy game

Yeah. I mean, back in like 2012, or 2010, before the real big advent of smartphones, this thing had all the utility in the world. Nowadays I just use it for PSX, PSP, and Genesis classics. I do echo the statement that you should get one.

I still play ubt none of my buddies do anything handheld that isn't a smartphone nowadays. Hold me lads.

If you can find one for cheap is a hacked Vita any good? As good as a hacked PSP?

I want to play monster hunter freedom unite and portable 3rd with people because all the new ones suck, but i'm too poor for a PC and have no friends.
life is shit
i've thought about making a craigslist ad just looking for someone to play with me.

Attached: 0b956f6d6b02ae06b0c5409bedaf956b3a2b2692dd678a80de307d2c6a8d83f3.png (657x527, 43.17K)

Get xlink kai or something and plan online.

Are psp games playable on a CRT with component cable?

can't
capcom had a marketing thing for 4U where they had a "caravan" trailer drive around the US selling merchandise. i went to that and everyone there was just a normalfag with their gf.
any of you live in AZ?

Vita

I just use PPSSPP. Never had issues with it.

I do all PSP on my Vita. Mostly Dracula X Chronicles and that one K-On! game but I've got a couple of others in the backlog.

Vita hacking hit a leap recently since you can update a 3.60 system to a hacked 3.65 one, some games required a firmware update so they're now playable. In future there will apparently also be ways to break 3.65 and to a lesser extent 3.67 but that's not for a while.

Hacking one is mandatory. It gives the option to use SD card adapters instead of the garbage official ones, a freeShop-esque program (pkgj), Adrenaline (most PSP and some PS1) and RetroArch (not amazing but workable for some systems).

In short, if you can find one at 3.60 or lower in decent condition, and have at least some interest in playing Vita games, then yes go for it. I recommend the OLED models, in particular the 3G ones for a PSVSD adapter but some of them have aged poorly, and the hack setup will require an official memory card.

Attached: 3d0fd585d37cb81398d644bf91d77196fde3d656a75aebadde4a34d0b9948c01.png (841x991, 31.8K)

dumpster diving, look up your local recycling company, maybe they resell/store computer parts. I'd made a decentish rig out of those parts myself, could easily run PPSSPP, which in turn has the online functionality:
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub