What are some games that really open up when you start doing self-imposed challenges?

What are some games that really open up when you start doing self-imposed challenges?

Attached: IMG_2290.JPG (800x1137, 186.53K)

All the games that are already good. A better topic would be "What shit games are significantly improved by doing self-imposed challenges?".

Well, feel free to answer either question as you like.

The Sengoku Basara series has some trophies that reward such challenges, such as clearing the hardest difficulty with only the default, un-upgraded weapons.

You hit it right on the money with OP. I remember doing lots of little self challenges when i was 100% Ground Zeroes to keep myself entertained.

I’ve always liked doing weird self challenges in Hitman games too. Stuff like “only using fiber wire” or “kill everybody on the map so there are zero witnesses on a map that has way too many people”

Not worth the space to play shit games when you can just play naturally fun games and get more out of it.

Don’t know if it counts as self imposed as there is a reward they don’t tell you about i think, but the Kick Me Sign challenge in God Hand is a hell of a time.

Also, if you are a true chad, you can spend god knows how long working and researching how to beat mario 64 without pressing A.

Well, I'm kind of asking about games that become intrinsically more rewarding as a result of the challenge. Basically, you have three kinds of games. The first kind becomes more boring or frustrating as a result of limiting oneself, as the game isn't really made to be played that way. The second kind offers extrinsic rewards (trophies, etc.) for completing the challenge. The third kind gets more interesting, as in the OP (no tranq) and certain roguelikes. I suppose the first and second and second and third sometimes cross over, but not the first and third.

Basara falls under that, as to how fun it would be I guess you would have to like DMC style gameplay against very durable bosses.

Resident Evil 4
Started by asking myself "how far can I go without buying or uprgrading anything from the merchant?" and found myself sweating as hell during the part where you have to kill a spiked regenerador and in the Krauser fight

I beat Prototype without using any powers and punching things to death or throwing cars only wherever possible. Was fun

i recall re4's dynamic difficulty solves any ammo issues and skipping cutscenes makes the game easier

I learned from autistic speedrunners that killing Ashley on prupose several times lowers the difficult, but this one is new to me.

God, this is why I fucking love RE4, 13 years since its release and people still find new things in the game. too bad the engine makes it almost impossible to mod the game in a decent way

Attached: 181.jpg (648x792, 29.16K)

That image is just fucked user.

I am pretty sure ammo was a rare thing across all difficulties, you were lucky to find 50 units of magnum ammo in one full playthrough, what really changed was enemy HP and most important: Some areas only happened on higher difficulties. This cutscene skipping shit is bs, you straight up couldn`t skip when it had quicktime events, it would just move the scene to the point a input was needed.

Can't forget Dark Souls. Plenty of restrictions you can put on yourself. No shields, no armour, fat roll only, RTSR only, certain weapons only, magic/pyro/miracles only, permadeath etc.

I am pretty sure ammo was a rare thing across all difficulties, you were lucky to find 50 units of magnum ammo in one full playthrough, what really changed was enemy HP and most important: Some areas only happened on higher difficulties. This cutscene skipping shit is bs, you straight up couldn`t skip when it had quicktime events, it would just move the scene to the point a input was needed.

Attached: 4beb65452a9cb0e19760eacd208dab2f518c1329e16c9000b5b0680ae56c0f32.jpg (1240x918, 155.45K)

Golden Rouge Agent. While a mediocre game, I would challenge myself to use the environment to kill my enemies or throw them off of buildings when I could.Once you can find out how nasty you can be, it gets pretty fun.

Unironically Kingdom Hearts.

Attached: ffv.png (235x220, 92.98K)

Attached: SuperMarioOdyssey_-_NA_boxart.jpg (926x1500, 415.81K)