What games starts with horror/thriller/total nightmare but progresses into more humorous/absurd/colossal shitposting...

What games starts with horror/thriller/total nightmare but progresses into more humorous/absurd/colossal shitposting theme? Or game started out scary but it ends up being unusually cute. Or lewd for sick bastards, but i prefer humor theme.

Attached: match_in_the_dark.png (757x632, 197.72K)

Illbleed.
Deadly Premonition.

Indigo Prophecy, hands fucking down.

I always felt DP started that way, got rather humorous, then became as serious as a heart attack near the end.

Grim Fandango
The Silent Hill series as a whole I guess, since the first playthrough you're wondering what the fuck's going on, the second playthrough you understand some more minute details that would be incomprehensible if you saw the events in a chronological order and the following playthroughs you start cracking up at some old lady dancing uncontrollably over and over to foretell the arrival of the protagonist or you'll collect shit on the absurd difficulty setting and unlock the True Endings of the games where it's explained that Aliens came to Earth to fight the eldritch horrors unleashed by the cultists and you get to destroy the town and its worshippers once and for all thanks to the Shiba that Eddie supposedly killed. Really, the survival horror genre in general is full of these dumb examples that might scare you the first time through but then end up goofy as shit.
Oh, and also, Harvester and Darkseed 1-2.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (480x360, 18.24K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (460x215, 155.77K)

That's not what OP was asking for, in fact it's the exact opposite.

I'm pretty sure this scene is supposed to be scary but I fucking burst out laughing because I thought my actions actually had consequences and she necked herself because of my horrific dating skills

Last night I met your mom and it started innocently enough with me being wasted. It was when I woke up the next morning when the horror struck and I realized your mom's a nigger, so I left. bix nood where da wywymyn at

that's the joke

No it's a pretty good example. The first act is legitimately the most scary one because chances are you already know it's supposed to be a horror game and you're just getting paranoid about how the game will take its dark turn.

Once the game enters the actual "horror" part its just a load of streamer-bait crap which can be accurately describes as humorous/absurd/shitposting.

That's some boring poetry that can be found behind every corner.

Attached: hamburga_please.png (418x279, 90.95K)

Layers of fear
Except it's unintentional

That one scene starts horror than instantly becomes hilarious. Close enough.

You sure about that?

Attached: this is supposed to be scary.PNG (1538x878, 2.33M)

So wacky xDDDD

>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

Attached: you must be 18.jpg (1850x866, 611.88K)

Some of the people in the post are good, some are legitimately bad, and others are dead, but that's not the point of the image man.

Attached: reel smug.png (232x319, 129.92K)

Any other games fits description aside the ones mentioned here?

Attached: no_longer.jpg (240x255, 90.71K)

He's too pure

Penumbra: Black Plague, sort of you only have the first half of It's a Wonderful Life in here! >final boss is just a preachy alien who thinks humans are mean

Resident Evil 4 fits even if it was never actually scarey to begin with. At least it was fucking trying though but by the end it went full Rambo.

I don't know what this game was actually going for but whatever it was, it failed.

Personally I think it should have stayed a parody all the way through instead of switching to an SCP Containment Breach knockoff.

Attached: images.jpeg (280x180, 8.3K)

But this game is the contrary of what OP asked
Also, this was conceived as a parody, game is filled with references of other games of the horror genre.
And i'm pretty sure that, in itself, is a parody of the jumpscare gimmick.

Reference != Parody

Doing the exact same thing as the thing you're supposedly parodying and then occasionally winking at the audience != Parody

A parody has to use your preconceptions about a given genre or subject matter and turn them into jokes. Spooky started that way, but then abandoned that in favor of references and doing-the-same-thing-as-normal-shit-horror-games-then-winking. And it sucks.

I will say that the "lose to the final boss" ending kind of brings it back to parody again but that's after way too much boring straight-faced horror done badly.

What happens?

Lisa the painful

hey, i didn't say it was a good parody
for me, it's a cool concept poorly executed
it reeks of laziness

You get conscripted into Spooky's QT Ghost Army and go take over the world in order to get them to take you seriously despite your adorableness.

In the other ending you just become her newest ax murdering monster

Fran Bow starts off as a spooky horror game. You spend the first half taking crazy pills to see the world as a blood stained mess, yet the character doesn't really seem bothered by it. Closer to the end it just starts getting kind of silly. Pretty fun game all the way through.

Attached: Fran Bow.jpg (764x1080, 92.58K)

Sounds like something out of a Paper Mario game.

Actually, you get that ending if you defeat the boss.
The other ending is if you hit the boss more times than the necessary to kill it, like a maniac.

BUT
They added another ending, check embeded
There's an option to disable all the spooks/specimens.
If you beat the game with that option turned ON, you get this ending that makes fun of you for doing so.

Attached: the hell you on about.jpg (255x193, 11.81K)

Is this actually fun? I hate VN, but i've heard the creator hates VN too and by all accounts it's an interesting horror game

Bloodborne. When you're on your first playthrough, vulnerable and paranoid, the game is fantastic. Once you get to the Ayy Lmao the game stops being scary and instead becomes ridiculous fun.

Not really unless you like being beat over the head with a gimmick. It's about as subtle as a rhino with fire crackers on it's dick.

It's fun until about halfway into the second loop, where it turns into Sonic.exe "horror" and meta faggotry. It's not much of a game because everything that happens is because of the redhead character and all your choices only amount to occasionally picking which VN scene to watch.

Fuck this. One of my biggest hates in any sort of media is blatant and obvious messaging that gets praised as "smart" or "clever". It's why Black Mirror is absolute trash.

Is that standard VN fair? Why are these even counted as videogames?

>Interesting horror (((game)))

To be fair, there are only 2 or 3 things in the game which I found genuinely interesting, but for the most part, the game is not fun.
It starts off as a normal VN, but because you already realized that it is a horror VN, it takes too long to get to the point, Even then, right after you realized that Sayori has depression things go from moderately decent, to creepypasta levels of bad writing and "scares". Like, when you see some of the "scares" that happen, you will honestly think to yourself, "What creepypasta did I accidently click on?"
So the creator hates VN? I find that funny since with most VN I have seen And I can't stand them either have better writing and more interesting characters than the angsty squad of Dokis.

Instead of doing the bullshit 'THE GAME IS HAUNTED' mess, they should have sticked with all of the characters even Based Monika having mental disorders. Would have been more interesting that way.

Exactly

Attached: 28dc0fdbb2a9f45d8c53e56a4c6bb0289cc4661cfbff0683618de7f697c5d0b4.jpg (697x350, 80.59K)

Bloodborne

Well yeah, -now- you know, thanks to the fact people won't shut up about it. I went in Blind and had no idea it was horror until she killed herself. So for those I guess when it started or if you're living under a rock now it's the opposite

DDLC is part of an ARG for a more interesting project that is some sort of rip off of the SCP wiki with "Sexual Response Tests" called Project Libitina

It's "this troper" tier of horrific. Which is, not really at all. Even fucking Undertale dealt with creepypasta shit better, though the game that used your own computer in the most unique way has got to be Merry Gear Solid 2.
Oh yeah also wasn't there a game about you playing as a ghost girl trying to spook people?

So its even worse, cool.

sighs

Attached: 9a932092e31d87d1422727bc121a5384f6634a48ce2b2ff44b7821e252177649.jpg (255x241, 11.36K)

Look harder

Its implied systematic rape, what the fuck does it take to please you?

Uncharted 1.

No joke, it goes from fighting mercs and climbing walls in a nice paradise to fighting demons or whatever at the end. It made my dick hard when the game suddenly turned into a survival horror-game for a second there.

Redundant.

I don't know man, I just want something that's decent and is actually a game. For I believe that the team can make something good, but this sounds pretty out there.

Something actually good, i assume

Attached: gipsycig2.PNG (621x594, 487.99K)

Well, he was working on Project M so, that should be that hard to believe.

Why don't you go there instead instead of reposting their shit here?

I mean, it contains all the cancer you need plus a couple of entries I disagree with, so I guess that still counts?

Every Resident Evil game.

When the villain starts summoning demons that look like anime girls that transform into flying demonic spikes that mock the characters as they murder them, is when any semblance of spookiness is definitely

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (632x851, 1.26M)

Condemned: Criminal Origins was scary. It had an unsettling atmosphere, moments that scared the shit out of you like when you zoom your camera in on a dead body stuffed in a locker and it turns out to be alive, it left the weirder, magical stuff unexplained, and it successfully conditioned me to be frightened of mannequins.

Condemned 2 besides the part with the bear was fucking goofy. A lot of the game's setting was demystified so it turns out that all of the hobos are going crazy because there's a secret society that has hidden speakers that play the same infrasound that Radiohead puts in their albums to convince people that they're good all over the city and Ethan is a superhero with the power to scream louder than a Compton grandmother demanding her refund at the Guadalajara Beauty Salon.

The game has a psychological horror tag on steam and is included in the horror section on various sites, one of the characters not-so-subtly talks about her love of stealth-horror stories (and because the VN's writers chokes on a million dicks he claims he's taking advantage of the reader's lack of imagination) and if none of that would clue a person in the game fucking tells you when it loads up that it has disturbing imagery.

Spooky's House of Jump Scares is such a fucking letdown. It's so rare that someone mixes horror and comedy and yet they had to fuck this chance up. There are moments of geniuent funny parody in this but it's overshadowed by the very shallow horror elements.

RESIDENT
EVIL

Attached: 47d32332facec857961315d5511434ff8456c026b3ed2eebbfca8d7fadf45343.jpg (1200x1200, 299.77K)

It's easy (you) b8, of course it counts.

What everyone forgot the classic that is gone home ?

Far be it from me to question the digits, tripsman. RE4 is clearly the game that OP has been seeking.

Attached: 7ff17d73ea961210966ed302efe4d3831bb2512a9c5d2de6f9bc2567fd8d93ef.png (640x360, 220.22K)

Yeah this isn't even a contest.

Attached: 00e57134310b7cf39a924ada9063c6d07f3b3d8bf3da74933080545bae1a0d34.jpg (500x322, 95.54K)

The game where everyone uses keyboards just to kill zombies

Attached: Typing of the Dead.jpg (640x480, 92.02K)

This is every David Cage "game"

Beyond Two Souls:
It's so stupid that it's almost indescribable.
Heavy Rain:

Attached: ITS TIME FOR JAYDEN TO LET HER RIP.webm (640x360, 14.06M)

That end fight took the cake. I'll certainly never take any cinematic game serious ever again.

Well to be honest I think you all have shit taste, then again their people here who think silent hill is a fun game, I must strongly disagree. I thought ddlc was best when you try to get involved with characters lose the mindset of it being a game and treat the characters as real as you could.

Besides you guys have a Splatoon thread. saying that fun, so is playing with rocks and at least a rock is useful and isn't run by the japanese Jews.

What did he mean by this?

Maybe not what you're looking for but..
Fahrenheit

Probably something along the lines of "I'm a goon who must go out of his way to consensus crack on even the most minute bullshit please rape my face" but I don't understand faggot enough to know for sure.

Have you been drinking, user? If so, I think you haven't had enough.

Gladly give my money to the Yakuza just to see them take out the jews.

It's scary up until near the end. Then it goes all "America! Fuck Yeah!" with the helicopter sequence and your fight with Krauser.

True Crime: Streets of LA

You start out with being a cop. Do regular missions, takes down the triad, frisk civilians, hunt down Jay Leno's stolen cars and whatnot. Ends with you fighting fucking dragons and whatnot.

Came here to post this. Starts out being very morose and creepy despite Leon's dumb one-liners, eventually devolves into campy, funny schlock reminiscent of late-90's FPS games.

5 fits this category too (I find the later parts of the game much-more enjoyable because it's fucking hilarious). 6 is basically that way for the whole game.

Blank Dream starts off scary ends ends super uplifting

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 11.25.22 PM.png (491x615, 416.7K)

The Evil Within was kind of spooky at first when ammo was scarce and you had to take out most foes with sneak kills, but it becomes a giant joke after you get the crossbow and become a walking killbot factory.

Attached: 7639-pizza-tycoon-dos-front-cover.jpg (800x931, 98K)

cataclysm dark days ahead
after a few hours when you're way too tired to care, the game starts to blatantly spawn dildos and fursuits

I started it up back when there weren't many tags on it yet, I admit I missed the jab and the most I thought about Disturbing imagery was at best there was a "School Days" ending on one of the routes. Not that it was going to be pure horror.

But I admit I may be rather naive and think that something is ham fisted I may expect the opposite.

Most games with both of those tones start silly and then get serious. Very few go the other way around because it's directly contrary to basic narrative structure.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (616x273, 33.87K)

David Cage has the perfect life and the ungrateful bastard doesn't even know it.

Attached: this kills the poster.jpg (311x372, 41.12K)

It was not really supposed to be horror anyways, but this weird mind games+murder mystery thing that fell apart for me when I realized that the main antagonist turned protagonist turned waifu has a dick

Not really what you meant but the transition from F.E.A.R to F.E.A.R 2 made it kind of absurd in my eyes.

First game has the little ghost girl chasing you around and then in the second game she's grown up, walks around naked and in the end you literally have sex with her.
It's better experienced rather than described but I feel like it might be close to what you're asking.

Attached: FEAR2 2013-11-26 23-48-37-62.jpg (1920x1080, 205.05K)

I don't remember that.
I do remember the rooftop swordfight in the rain.

He's right, you know. Stop posting trash, you homosexuals.

The dragon fight was a specific ending.

Was there more than three endings?
I thought they all ended like that.

Check'd and agreed

I thought the whole point was that he doesn't have a dick because best MILF threw him off a cliff as a baby?

I'm honestly surprised only one person mentioned it.

The entire Shadow Hearts series, to a tee. The first game in the series, Koudelka, was an attempt to create a full-on survival-horror JRPG. Then Shadow Hearts, while still maintaining the general horror feel, started introducing more light-hearted, goofier moments and characters (such as Keith Valentine, the vampire dandy).

Show Hearts: Covenant, the third game in the series, more or less jettisons the survival-horror aspects of the previous two games, while embracing the wackiness introduced in the previous installment. Nevertheless, it still maintains a (heavily sanitized) gothic horror atmosphere.

Shadow Hearts: From the New World has a giant talking cat that knows drunken kung-fu. The cat works for Al Capone, but spends its free time starring in Hollywood movies with other giant, talking cats.

Attached: sh3-illust-characters.jpg (800x800 127.86 KB, 189.56K)

All modern horror is streamer-bait though.

did you forget the fucking tiny midget that's dressed like napoleon

Has anyone actually tried posting those fucks as a source of humor?

Someone hasn't the lawsuit episode or the chump syndrome episode.

Attached: Maddox and the ex from 3 years ago question _^) [360p].webm (640x360, 2.51M)

Implying Maddox has any kind of humor left in him
Someone hasn't aged past thirteen.

So you don't know what I'm talking about? Thanks for stopping by to let me know.

I haven't read the VN but seen the show, Beatrice is funny as fuck unintentionally.

vid related

Where can I get an working psp iso of this that doesn't have a fucked up chapter 3?

on the internet

This post deserved quads.

Share thread.