What puzzle games have ya been playing lately, Holla Forums?

What puzzle games have ya been playing lately, Holla Forums?

Attached: tetris_puyo.jpg (600x338, 70.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

puyonexus.com/wiki/List_of_Chaining_Forms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Trying to fit a Marie amiibo up my ass. It's a real conundrum.

Pengo

Any love for traditional tile-based platformers a la Chip's Challenge?

I have an itch that needs scratching, and it can only be scratched by 3D Adventure-puzzle games, such as Black Mirror and Still Life.

I've been playing a ton of picross lately.

Emulate professor layton games?

How is Chip's Challenge a platformer? There are no platforms.

What the fuck I thought I typed puzzle game
Nevermind, I guess I'm retarded

Picross of ang kind is probably one of the only puzzle games that doesnt make me bored or livid. Except for Picross 3D 2, where marking the wrong block the wrong color counts as an error, which makes me very mad and leads to many retries.

I did that but the second game in the series was garbage and the puzzles were too so I stopped

Ive been trying to puzzle out why your moms ass is so fat.

/thread

Been playing a game called Limelight some user mentioned in another thread. It's pretty charming but I can't see myself finishing it.

Help

I'll play with you. Meet up on fightcade in 3-4 hours or so?

I don't have time today sadly. Thanks for offering.

has puyo puyo x tetris been cracked yet?

It's motherfucker minesweeper, bitch
What do

Attached: mine.png (1671x983, 1.99M)

the left one, no regrets

What sort of puzzle games? I was pretty bored by Quantum Conundrum recently, until I got to the expansion where it gets a bit a bit less rushed feeling and more elaborate. I want a game based on puzzle boxes, where you have to solve them to unlock powers. I wish this vid related guy made video games.

Attached: 03af7658248bb444fb121afc698f66648dabd82b23bcc9feb59496f174285043.mp4 (251x271 3.3 MB, 101.41K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x720, 565.57K)

Did you know there's a Doom mod for Chip's Challenge?

I'm not good at puzzle games

Attached: quit game.png (246x255, 66.99K)

Good thread, underrated genre. Haven't been playing much since I beat Captain Toad, maybe I'll go back for 100%. lol, who am i kidding

Have you played Picross3D on the DS? Highly fucking recommended.

Sadly I never got a chance to play that one before selling off my 3DS.

Holy shit, this is a thing?

Attached: card_pengo1_1.jpg (850x1112 3.53 MB, 166.25K)

Attached: 64519_front.jpg (640x580 186.5 KB, 63.1K)

That first image seems a little lewd

You've been practicing your puyo skills for the official /radcorp/ tournament in half a year, right Holla Forums?

Attached: subway.png (700x420, 25.92K)

I would have wanted them to make the endurance type mode from DS more interesting somehow, but getting like 400 puzzles plus the added gameplay of finding the recommended solution was nice for the GBA. Also do something with the soundtrack, it was kinda bare.

Attached: E.jpg (522x507, 78.6K)

None, but Adventure games are pretty close - so I recently went through The Dig and King's Quest VII. Working on Space Quest 6 now.

Jesus Christ those later Sierra Adventure games were irredeemable trash - and that's even with full empathy for people who didn't like their earlier games for bug-shit random puzzle solutions and cheap deaths. The graphics went to hell, the sound tracks are legitimately worse than their old MIDI tunes, the animations are clunky and waste so much fucking time cycling through, and the UI became damned neared unusable. What the legitimate fuck happened?

LSL7 isn't so bad, and GKII had issues - but was salvageable on some level due to the story. I'm glad I'm finally getting around to finishing up these series and I got my happy ending to Rosella and Edgar's story. I just wish someone would have gone through and demade these games back into the SCI/AGI engines so they wouldn't be such a chore to play.

The Dig was probably the highlight of the three, but it's definitely is the weakest LucasArts game I've ever played with similarly anti-intuitive puzzles. For instance, I had a metal rod - and was clicking it on every panel, rock crevasse, and hole I could find to no effect. How was it used? To depress a floor panel in the tomb. A job that could have been done any one of the hundreds of heavy fucking rocks laying about.

These aren't even fucking games. They're bait for buying hint books, where the real profit was at.

Attached: 2015-02-03-16.01.17.jpg (768x448, 168.59K)

They always were. Did you ever play the first space quest game? There is a section in that were somebody offers to buy something from you and you NEED to know to refuse him so that he comes back with a better offer because the better offer includes an item that you need to beat the game. So if you didn't refuse him the first time you can't beat the game and if you didn't have a save before that you have to start over.

Attached: 1294746588972.png (781x773, 135.8K)

Picross S and Some kind of remake of a Jaleco game, called Soldam.

Attached: soldamn.jpg (500x500, 35.14K)

Just the one true classic.

Attached: Puzzle League chain.gif (544x80, 4.25K)

Requesting user assist again

Attached: mine.png (1695x983, 2.01M)

this one. it gets hard really quick though. maybe i'm just too stupid to get the tricks

Attached: hexoscope.PNG (1920x1078, 464.07K)

bah guess i had the mouse over the thing on the left

Attached: hexoscope2.PNG (1920x1028, 645.1K)

I remember my friend shot the bow and arrow into the air in KQ4, which meant that he couldn't win the game since you needed both arrows. In hind sight he probably should've known better, but it also begs the question why they would let you do something like that.

also into the breach is a decent puzzle game

Does the phrase "Call our hintline!" mean anything to you?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (269x358, 109.27K)

Tried 1cc'ing this shit on V. Hard. Got my ass kicked at the fucking bird. Still a really good game.

Attached: panel de pon.png (546x436, 515.4K)

I've played a bit of Picross 3D 2, and I've started playing a bit of the first. I like it, but probably not as much as standard picross. In the second one, I find going through the layers absolutely tedious, and I'm much more prone to errors like . I also have found I prefer large mosaics of black and white more appealing than blocky models.

But how is Captain Toad? I was considering getting it for my Wii U, but I was completely burnt out of that piece of shit before I could consider getting it. Do the puzzles actually get challenging, because I hate puzzle games that are too simple. I have to agree that puzzle games are underrated. I don't know how many times I've been called a casual simply because some of my favorite games are puzzle games.

Attached: 1521144148790.png (366x348, 122.11K)

Who /intelligent/ here?

I played a bit of Puyo Puyo Tetris recently, and it's just crushing my long-held belief that I'm good at Tetris. I am also too retarded to get good at Puyo. Sucks that there's no one in the freeplay lobbies, and all the ranked matches are with giga-niggers who kick your shit in.

What's throwing you off?

What harry potter game is that picture from?

THUD
THUD
THUD
THUDTHUDTHUD

Not sure. I know the basics but I just can't set up a decent combo.

Perhaps you need some direction on what good builds are?

puyonexus.com/wiki/List_of_Chaining_Forms

I recommend Stairs, they are the most beginner-friendly. Practice them in solo mode until you're good enough to chain on more than one floor, then move onto more advanced stuff like tailing.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOO

Attached: draco.jpg (908x700, 261.72K)

Why can't the west make good puzzle games? Why is it only normalfag shit like Portal 2?

What about space chem or talos principle?

Talos Principle is pretty great, seconding that.

Why can't the west make good games in general? It's all AAA, FPS and RPG shit.

Don't forget SJW pandering.