Giant monsters and shit

Let's discuss games that involve gigantic monsters, kaijus and what not.
Bonus points for being original franchise and not licensed off some anime or movie.

Tough I found that games like EDF kinda trivialize them, and make them regular big boss monsters that you just kill once in a while and eventually just shoot down in bulks.
What games feature truly horrifying monsters that don't want to be nowhere near to?

Attached: The.Cloverfield.Paradox.2018.WEBRip720p.DD.mkv_snapshot_01.36.18.jpg (1280x534, 52.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Adamantoise_(Final_Fantasy_XV)
oneangrygamer.net/2018/02/subnautica-devs-capitulate-sjws-fires-employee-conservative-views/50890/
oneangrygamer.net/2018/02/subnautica-devs-mass-censor-steam-forums-discussing-political-firing-employee/51287/
unknownworlds.com/ns2/the-female-marine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I remember having the demo disk for this game. It was pretty sweet.
Still never got around to playing it though.

Attached: 61NqDQlYe1L.jpg (360x500, 68.08K)

Any game involving your mom

user giant monsters are never going to be serious no matter how hard you want. Letting them be campy is best. Not everything needs to be Zambot 3.

There's that infamous mountain turtle superboss thing from FFXV but every time I see it mentioned, it's closely followed by "fuck that bullshit".

dark souls features some big ass monsters and big ass humanoids as well

Attached: DRAGON.jpg (800x450 189.91 KB, 72.03K)

Damn that looks like Mazinger game I always wanted but never got.
Not horrifying at all, but still very cool.

It looks cheesy as fuck and you're telling me it has some horror in it? Is it even subbed?

I keep forgetting that game exists.
Does that turtle even play any role in the story or it's just emerald weapon kind of a deal?

Attached: mazinger-z-team.jpg (1366x1024, 411.48K)

also a big fucking dog

Attached: doggo.jpg (1920x1080, 298.95K)

Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter, in both the giant monsters feel you with awe and are extremely menacing.
They're also not a fucking cutscene or a killed by basic attacks in turns.
Lost Planet and Dragons Dogma as well, but I don't feel like they're done as well as the previous entries I mentioned

I don't even know if this fucking thing was ever released in my region.
I remember the sound mixing being top tier where the music, people screaming/city sounds and the fighting sounds all blended seamlessly.
I might be sugarcoating it though, I haven't touched the game in years, always felt like the arenas were too small as well.

They can't do them right due to their shit camera though
Dragon's Dogma is better for big monsters

Yep, camera's shit in ds tbh

It's Tomino in one of his depressive phases. It's about how elementary school kids would actually react to giant monsters trying to kill them constantly, and turning their friends into bombs and shit.

I found more info. It's the latter.
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Adamantoise_(Final_Fantasy_XV)

What is the monster from your pic?
I always liked the idea of "flying whale" (for the lack of a name), that is, a giant (and hostile/terrifying) monster attacking people in the air and coming from beneath the clouds in a way that it can't be detected until it is too late.
Also, you must have Shadow of The colossus in this discussion, even thought they aren't all terrifying.

Attached: shadow.jpg (1893x1080, 355.35K)

Another example of the "flying whale" is Sin, from Final Fantasy X.
It is both an aquatic monster as well as (later) a flying whale monster.

Attached: sin 5.jpg (762x466 93.25 KB, 232.4K)

I really hope to see this game hit the states.

You're just some unlocky fuck as all hell breaks loose and giant monsters tear everything apart.

The scary shit is when Legion swarms and Gyaos flocks start to pick out humans specifically

Attached: City Shrouded in Shadow - Gameplay Trailer.webm (426x240, 8.97M)

That's Cloverfield series monster, aka Clover. That's not official name I think.
He's not flying, he's implied to be just that big at the end of 3rd movie.
In the 1st movie he's much smaller.

That shit aint coming to PC is it? A shame.

Attached: dope-pope-zclover-attacks-by-dopepope.jpg (700x594 225.7 KB, 87.97K)

Jesus!
I watched the first movie, and did not even know that there were sequels, much less that there is already a 3rd movie.

The other two are literally third-party projects shoehorned into jew jew abrahm's cinematic cloverfield universe.

They made two sequels that were supposed to be just movies, but then they threw "cloverfield" into them during post-production. Both of them have absolutely nothing to do with cloverfield or the "franchise", so there's just voiceover that says they're the same.

The second movie is the best of the series, but about the only thing in common it has with Cloverfield is that it's a SHTF scenario. The third one is utter shit and you should ignore it for your own sake.

(checked)
There's 4th movie coming up in the october as well.
It will be about nazi magic this time.

Attached: 1421944670962.jpeg (274x242, 14.61K)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the idea of massively proportioned sky/space whales.
Personally, I prefer it when they are placid in nature. For them to be hostile at all times just doesn't make sense to me since I figure they'd go extinct easily if that were the case.

Funny note, Wailord from Pokemon could apply to this. As you can see in pic related, it's 47 feet long but only weight about 800 pounds (370 kg). That means that this thing is relatively light enough to float, much like a balloon. I found that interesting as all hell when I was younger, and I still do.
Also, Stellaris has some whale/squid things that feed off of gas giants. I liked that idea a lot.

Attached: wailord - weight.png (1920x1080 62.55 KB, 281.38K)

Speaking of flying whales.
There is game called Harbinger, where one of these is central plot point.
At least if you play as the marine guy, dunno if plot is any different for other characters.

Attached: Harbinger.jpg (799x306, 203.63K)

If you want space whales (and various other disproportioned space objects) you could also check out Xenosaga. They're in cinematics only though.

Attached: MiltiaExploding.gif (350x244, 9.21M)

we had an entire thread on giant whales a while back, you could try making another

The feeling of dread and menace coming from a giant monster that can (even if it won't) eat you whole as it appears from beneath, unseen until the last seconds is always fascinating to me, so i preffer the aggressive ones.
But the Pokemon one is funny.
I like the idea of a giant "gas sack" kind of monster too. The slow "swim" (flight) of a baloon-like giant monster, especially if in large grops, reminds me of apocalyptic scenery, and it is fascinating nonetheless.
As for the squid likes, those remind me of Cthulhu mythos. Althought i don't share the fear of the sea that Lovecraft had, i admire "giant monsters from the deep", and those space squids are just another take on that, only changing the water sea for the vaccuum "sea", which i also appreciate.

I did not like the first one, but it seens that Pedowood won't stop ruining everything those days.
Also, Nazists as villains is always wrong.

I did not know about this one.
Thanks for the info.
I will try to aquire it to see for myself.
I always appreciate when the "flying whale" is central to the plot, or have some importance.
Final Fantasy X nailed that part pretty well.
Althought the writer ruined almost everything else.

That is beautiful.
I love the concept of "a planet is an egg for a colossal creature". Even better if said creature is a menace to humans from other planets.

It's actually an ancient biblical mecha piloted by the Pope of the Catholic Church in the future.

Xenosaga has a lot of flaws, but it sure knows how to make an impressive cinematic of a space battle.

Just tried running harbinger and goddamn.
I probably should go post it in ARPG thread.
As far as diablo clones go, it's not a shabby one, though I remember there being lack of variety in skills and such.

Attached: Harbinger 2018-03-15 01-04-30-21.png (800x600, 693.72K)

Is there anything more dissapointing than Subnautica?
>The biggest one is something you have to save
Fucking hell
Might as well mention Ark and Extinction while you're at it.

There was some political bullshit about subnautica right off the bat and it scared me off it.
Is it even worth pirating? Is there combat?

No combat. You must love the space fish.

Yes and kinda.
It's worth your time despite cuck devs and the aforementioned dissapointment.

There is melee combat, stasis rifle and toxic torpedoes. Some just like to say there's no combat because they'll settle for nothing else than muh gunz.

I want MDickie to make a kaiju wrasslin game. May be the only opportunity to see a 50 meter Jesus fighting monsters.

WHO COULD BE BEHIND THIS POST.

Yes, and would have been worth a purchase if the devs weren't such virtue signaling SJW faggots. (they fired the sound designer for wrong-thinking, and also ignored a poll from the community about prioritizing bug fixes over playing as a female, just because some feminazi cried about it)

Is there combat?
No, is lying.
"Melee combat" is just using your knife to kill small non-aggresive fish (but you can also catch them alive, so it's pointless).
Trying to kill bigger fishes is useless (no reward) and a waste of time (having to hit something during 5 minutes) because combat isn't promoted.

"Weapons" only paralize targets temporarily, devs didn't want weapons because they promote violence or something like that.

Do you know of any other game with a similar feature?

Attached: screenshot-1.jpg (768x432, 523.46K)

Gears of War
But it's heavily scripted

I love LP2. It's a shame it's dead.

Fucking retards

Attached: 1st and 2nd circle of guilt.png (340x300, 74.88K)

Xeno series, indeed hehehe.

Indeed.
The team behind Xenogears and the Xeno series was the most talented for cinematic scenes and iconography when they were on Squaresoft.

Never forget: the game is made by leftist cucks that fired the composer because he is a conservative and then censors anyone that complains:

oneangrygamer.net/2018/02/subnautica-devs-capitulate-sjws-fires-employee-conservative-views/50890/

oneangrygamer.net/2018/02/subnautica-devs-mass-censor-steam-forums-discussing-political-firing-employee/51287/
Never buy anything from those marxists.

Yoshi's Island, for Snes.

There were already red flags with the Subnautica devs even before that.
unknownworlds.com/ns2/the-female-marine/

Attached: cucks.JPG (618x749, 82.4K)

If I said World of Warcraft would you get mad?

(satan checked)
They didn't even do a good enough job.

The point they were making is that even fully-clothed females in fiction is sexist.

tfw this is your fetish and you're totally ok w this

Attached: 1520233997464.gif (535x363, 92.15K)

I love pic related

Attached: EYZCDRm.png (885x1305, 1.73M)

I know I'm going to get some flak for using the term, but giant monsters that you aren't directly fighting and instead just trying to survive is pretty much the essence of "Lovecraftian" horror. I really liked the first Cloverfield because of this - its premise was certainly better than its execution, but I liked it all the same.

The idea of FIGHTING something gargantuan and trying to take it seriously is usually a bad mix, but just surviving an onslaught of a horrifying monster whose size alone is enough to deter even military-grade weaponry? That shit's pretty scary, if done right. The problem is, very few pieces of media do it right. They either fail the execution (and get caught up in "omg what is this thing?!"), or it's just an all around shitty movie/game/whatever despite the premise.

Like, the 2003 War of the Worlds adaptation was great up until they "find a way to fight them". I guess that's kinda the point of the story to begin with, but it really kills the vibe.

Attached: 1224452814206.jpg (520x349 289.73 KB, 13.53K)

The game's really solid overall, but it's worth boycotting for their shitty censorship practice, too.

Take that as you will.

I don't see an issue with that in particular - they're right in that it's annoying for an otherwise serious game to see boobplate and "nanofiber" spandex (but only for the women). It's not that I see it as "sexist", but it definitely feels trashy.

That being said, give a liberal an inch…

See? That is why no marxist should ever receive any money.
Ignore trailers and gameplay footage. Always look first for WHO makes the game.

I like both styles.
Either taking down the beast, or just surviving it's attack, while it goes away.
In Pedowood movies, that is usually badly executed.
In The Mist, the ONLY good part was the very one from your pic, when the characters find that they are facing otherwordly giants, and can't do nothing about it. Then, the producers ruined the ending soon after that.
About your pics: where are the other two from?

In real life, women are just objects fro pleasing Men, user. Putting women in fiction must always be done for that reason too.
What is annoying and weird for me is to have a woman that is not a trophy. Be it fighting, leading, or whatever. It breaks completely the immersion.
"A woman fighting, leading and doing a good job? Yeah, suuuure hahahaha."
When that happens, it only contributes for me to not take anything seriously in the history.

To the contrary, if you are passionate about women you will be their slave. It is best to be sexless, or sex exclusively for procreation, 'lest you end up working a job for a harpy until your death day happily arrives.

Attached: 1288995621944.jpg (550x413, 57.97K)

can we talk about the big fucker in devil may cry 3 that eats you and then you play inside him as a level? I love levels like that except getting eaten by monstro in kingdom hearts fuck that

How about space whales that just eat whatever matter/energy they come across and the only way to kill one is to shove blackhole up its ass and even then chances are 50/50?
Sage for not being video game.

Attached: Space_Monsters.gif (900x627 167.38 KB, 206.87K)

nigga if the game is good just play it, hating a game/anime/movie because of the creator's politics is what SJW's do

And it seems to work seeing how more devs have begun catering to them.

That is why they are objects: never be passionate. Use them, and discard them when they age.

So?
I won't tolerate their politics, and will never waste time or money on products made by them.
Fight fire with fire.
Never play a game made by leftists, even if the game has no politics.

I don't want to open that can of worm either since I don't want to ruin a good thead but have some original thought jesus christ that's the umpteenth time this passive aggressive live and let live motto been used. Ever wonder why we're here in the first place?

Pirating games don't hurt them, on the contrary you still add traffic to the game, enlarging its presence and factual playerbase.
Ignore SJW games, don't even pirate them.

Can you sense my irritation?

Attached: delet_this_in_mass_shooter.jpg (818x906, 462.65K)

Continuing the topic, Final Fantasy XV is a game with too many flaws to be even mediocre, but that Leviathan Battle (check the video) was pretty impressive. Easy and mostly QTE, but the whole plot that lead to it, along with it's execution, visual and especially the theme song, really left an impression.

I did not know that Gunbuster had one of those.
Nice to know.

This.
Games by SJWs should never be mentioned.

Do giant women count?

Attached: shrink__high_erika_eating_by_thedaibijin-dc4z5ur.gif (2354x1959, 280.61K)

Such as?

She was the best level.

When that one game over sequence happens

Canon ending. Can't tell me otherwise.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (220x128, 73.46K)

What game is this?

It's called Shukushou Gakuen.

That sounds degenerate.

Any of you head or know about a game coming out called Extinction. Seems to be a bit like attack on titan. You have your giants to take down, dismembering them is possible but if they slam you just once you're fucked. Not sure about this game, hoping it won't be mediocre.

Just looked up the gameplay of it and wasn't impressed, unless they make the armor pieces not break in one hit or make the big guys more aggressive then it'd be fun. Your guy seems way too overpowered.

IIRC, there was an user saying he was working on a giant woman fighting game, but he pissed off some ponyfags and got trolled out of the community.

There's a lork on the clorf!

I never liked the concept of "ginat unkillable monster" or generally organic creatures that beat the military, since tehy are at hte core supremely stupid.

Not to say that they can't be fun - EDF is shitloads of fun and one of the best games ever - but conceptually I just don't like it.

Grown claws that can pierce trough thick modern alloys or carapace that can withstand high-caliber HEAP shells or plasma and shit.
I'd like to see a subversion.
A hive-like zerg race that gets stomped so hard and so fast it makes you feel sorry for them.

Attached: fanart__solforce_marine.jpg (657x850, 286.74K)

Left side: Space Terrible Monsters
Right side: Space Wonderful Monsters

There will never be a fucking prequel series of the backstory to Godzilla Planet, which is a shitload more interesting than the actual series.

Rain World has some big guys uuuu, but I don't have access to my usual images. Unfortunately I couldn't find any good videos just showing off all the fauna on last check, most of the videos are just obnoxious let's players.

Oh plz, I this kusoge

Attached: 3982e071cf79eacb787a1a15838be65061da0071bf8e26db0b7a87c0306be551.webm (1280x720, 1.66M)

Don't you play something like mouse though?
I'm kinda interested, but expect it to be just regular animals that look big because you're small.

:^)

Attached: hub_large.jpg (1020x1443, 858.28K)

You're a feline slug. I was under the impression that you were roughly the size of either a housecat or a juvenile jungle cat, which leaves most of the enemies pretty big.

Attached: rainworld.webm (1182x1080, 2.81M)

After both the Pedowood and japanese reboots, it is better to never have a new Godzilla production ever again.
Both are just political pandering using the name of the brand.

What the hell is this and how can i get it?

I could see this happening.

A lot of rpg final bosses or optional bosses are.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (800x600 53.87 KB, 73.15K)

You should give me a link haha
Just for a laugh haha

It seemed more liquid than anything to me.

Attached: smug 02.jpg (724x720, 96.01K)

I want to gush about it in every remotely relevant thread and get the game a little more visibility, but it's hard to get people interested in the game without spoiling what makes it interesting. Maybe should have spoilered the images of the Leviathan.

Slugcat's about the size of other humanoid creatures in the game, so not really. You're right that they just trick you by sense of scale, since the sprites are generally very small in the first place. The Leviathan is the largest creature on offer if I recall correctly, but there's more than a few things in the game that feel huge relative to your character.

Attached: Rabbit Walkers.gif (798x442 7.02 MB, 1.77M)

Subnautica was all about this.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1920x1080 1.11 MB, 1.98M)

And marxism.
Pass.

That looks pretty cool.

Karl Marx invented colored hair and banned guns? Frightening. Maybe those are socdems tightening grip of capitalist machine and identity politics, and you're not understanding that?

Attached: Karl Marx.jpeg (975x499, 169.33K)

Metal Gear Survive?

Karl Marx said a lot of things my friend.

Dank non-sequitur my sophist

Pro-immigration shits.
So they can get more low paid workers.
Fuck off, communist shill.

fuck off queer

(Heil'd)

Attached: b5c442927a08b0806da9cbfdc5c43f95462a7517d5ac226b88d7ea7cee2c6c58.jpg (960x960, 107.95K)

God damn it, I want a game centering around this mechanic.

Attached: Rocks & Bugs & Things Shriekbeak cover.jpg (640x486 377.18 KB, 392.03K)

That was one of the big things I loved about the game, how birds were basically the apex predators outside of the leviathan or the stuff in 3 pebbles. Have any better gifs of the long legs? Those things, especially the late game variant, were a fucking nightmare to deal with.

Attached: thanks pol.png (1293x685, 224.28K)

Life sucks

Not really, besides this one. I wanted to show some of the AI, though, since Videocult's made a big deal about making the creatures behave intelligently.

Attached: Daddy Long Legs.gif (720x526, 8.32M)

my pants

Thanks, that shows off the horror of it a little better. Can't you hear those lovely slurping sounds?

I can excuse it temporarily due to the tiny ass screen of the 3DS, but knowing GF they won't be adding it in even if the Switch game magically runs at 1080p.

Attached: shitty image i got off google.jpg (640x640, 51.16K)

Godzilla has always been political though, and Shin is a fucking incredible movie. If you want mindless monster action, check out Gamera.

Ugh, that thing looks awful. Its movements are so flimsy. It doesn't convey a sense of scale at all.

They're always terrifying at the beginning of a fight, when you have no idea what they're even capable of. The small dog one was the only one that didn't apply to.

I'd definitely love a Cloverfield-esque game. Make it a rogue like, have to get out of the city, but you can horrifically die at a moments notice because the monster decided to do somethings you weren't expecting and killed you on accident.

I loved the second movie because of the ending that comes out of fucking nowhere, but apparently everyone else disliked that.

It's a good game, but I wouldn't buy it because the devs canned their own sound designer for posting political views.

What if the giant monster in the game had multiple "fights" where all you were doing was attacking one small portion of it just trying to get it to fuck off? You would have entire boss fights about just trying to injure it enough to stay away from you, or preventing it from accidentally causing mass destruction. Like a mission where you take out it's gland that produces mustard gas in massive quantities.

It was made by dumbass liberals, but that doesn't make the game a giant fucking propaganda piece.

Got a hash or a magnet for it? I looked on some of the lists in the share thread but didn't see it.

Try this one
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c0a9941258afbf89ff7c22248d689287af17ff6d
It looks like it's not the latest version, so Monk and Hunter difficulty won't be available, but you wouldn't want either of those for a first playthrough anyway.

Neat, thanks. I'll try it out once it downloads.
Well, that one's an overnighter.

Attached: why.jpg (955x951, 264.91K)

Does this count?

Attached: big_demolitiongirl.jpg (300x424, 20.71K)

Attached: smug doggo plays some dark souls.jpg (591x643, 63.58K)

You should be next

The Prime series has some cool fights involving large enemies, most notably was the Quadraxis fight. Although the rest of the game doesn't involve too many enemies like it. Chances are you've already played it anyways

:^)

Attached: reasonably sized robot.jpg (1920x1080, 193.37K)

Except by the fact that you never got around to playing it.
The last good game made by the Twisted Metal devs.

The 90s Gamera movies were always superior to the Godzilla ones.
The thing with Shin/Shit Godzilla is that the political pandering took almost the whole movie, instead of being a background plot, or preferably, nor existing.

Most aren't. They are majestic, but not terrifying. The only one that truly puts a scare is the water serpent one, as the environment is all dark waters with limited movement.
As for the shit devs, when your money goes to them, your money is funding marxism, so it is better to avoid the game at all.

I must have missed that part, I don't remember anything particularly surprising from that movie.
Kinda makes me think of RE3's Nemesis, except with higher stakes than defending just yourself and a giant bastard of a monster instead of a normalish sized but mean one.

Also, I know how Holla Forums feels about indie walking simulator horror, but the Thai game Home Sweet Home a fairly compelling giant monster section. Also, it really caught me off guard since up to that point it had been a bog standard "hide in the locker til the scary not-ghost goes away" game.

oh man this game
>the pipe starts moving
>watch helplessly as I have like 4 tentacles drag me down to my death

Come on guys what

Attached: tahw_eht_kcuf.jpg (232x185, 13.46K)

Most people thought it should have ended the moment she got out of the bunker. They thought the aliens and joining the resistance was dumb and came out of nowhere.

good boy

The second one was good. Kind of spoiler: They literally just threw the Cloverfield monster in at the end though

I thought the second one was great pretty much exclusively because of John Goodman. The other two were alright but Goodman just fucking nailed his role.

the last 20 minutes of that movie were completely fucked though, it went from being a great tense thriller to generic monstershit in like 5 minutes

At least that's hypothetically possible given aliens or genetic modification. What if like me you want to be the giant sitting on tiny ladys?