Can we talk about games with absolutely fucked difficulty curves...

Can we talk about games with absolutely fucked difficulty curves? I don't mean games that are too easy or too hard but rather ones where if you were to try and graph the difficulty on a linear graph you'd end up with what looks like a Sanskrit chat log.
>fucking nadirs right afterwards up to the final fight in what it is probably the most pathetically easy segment of any game I've ever played though I've heard the more recent releases have gotten worse

I'm blanking on any other examples at the moment.

Attached: Resident-Evil-4-resident-evil-894834_1280_1024.jpg (1400x700 315.53 KB, 165K)

The Elite Four don't even have 6 pokemon teams anymore it's a joke.

How the fuck is the village section hard?
The areas where you have to protect ashley as she does some stupid shit are harder.

Part of the issue with Johto is that after Ecruteak, it becomes semi-nonlinear, as you can go west or east once you have surf, and tackle Cyanwood, Olivine, and Mahogany as you will. However, this fucks the leveling pace, so as to leave both routes as valid options, only for eventual wild Pokemon levels to feel quite low compared to where they should be. Even the Elite Four is lower in level than in RBY/FRLG to compensate. Now if you use the same team throughout the main game, it's not so bad and you're likely to be where the game expects you to be, but if you have to train shit up from scratch it's not especially enjoyable, between wild Pokemon having low levels comparative to the trainers, and trainer rematches being dependent on communication over the Pokegear, as opposed to VS Seeker. Kanto at least has a lot of trainers, but I don't remember wild Pokemon levels being up to par either, until you get to Mt Silver (which is back in Johto but requires clearing Kanto). I know post-game is post-game, and GSC/HGSS get credit for allowing of exploring the old world three years after the previous games took place (and lorewise it would suck shit for a new trainer to be stuck having to fight wild level 50+ monsters with their starters there if the level curve was improved), but still.

One or both sets of the Unova games (though I think it was more B1W1) also have a slight issue in where the post-game trainers are a solid 15 levels higher than you're likely to be at the point you're at just after being the main game, leaving it an experience of having to sneak around trainers and battling wild pokemon until you get to a more appropriate level.

It's the only part of the game where you actually have to scrounge for ammunition and is the first open ended area. By the time the Ashley segment hits, I assume you mean the part with the cranks in the castle, you're armed to the teeth and have a better understanding of the games combat so it's a complete joke, especially if you use her as bait.

everyone levels even if you're not using them though. i'm just going to assume this is the 3rd to last boss we're talking about.
the last main story mini boss is more annoying because of spike being on all the time.

If I remember correctly in BW1 they tend to use unevolved high-level non-Unova Pokemon in post-game, only the veterans and cooltrainers use evolved ones. You could get your Pokemon up to speed with the Nimbasa City sports domes.

An open-world Pokémon game could work, if wild pokémon levels varied with how far you explore from the paved roads, and trainers got upgraded as you complete gyms and sidequests, rather than everything in a given area having a fixed narrow range of levels.

No it isn't. Anything which has high health has a set piece attached to it and enemies are soft and plentiful which means you're going to have more ammo than you know what to do with.

I'm playing through a pokemon B2W2 romhack with a difficulty increase and it's actually pretty good. Every gym has been a challenge so far, especially if you don't try to meta game the gym leaders. The earlier gyms are harder because they start unforgiving right off the bat, but it gets somewhat easier as you go and get more pokemon to use.

Honestly I'm pretty impressed with it. Natures still piss me off though. I can't stand having pokemon with natures that make them weaker, so I have to catch them over and over until I end up with a neutral or beneficial nature.

For what purpose? Is there even an in-story explanation for that? I heard bad shit about those newer games, but come on man. How easy do you want to make a pokemon game?

The elite 4 in the newer games have four pokemon
Get it? It's pretty dumb.

It's 5 Pokemon. Also, most trainers tend to only one one or two Pokemon.

The elite four has never had 6 pokemon in their team. It was always 5 at most.

that's only X/Y

Well now I feel stupid. It's been ages since I've played a pokemon game to the elite four. Could have sworn they all had full teams.

Come on. There's much harder parts in RE4 even if you have stronger toys for it. The start of the game consists of hiding behind the stairs using the pistol to stagger then knock him and his mates away, with the occasional shotgun or grenade. Any El Gigante fight is harder. The house defense with Louis is a particularly rough spot too.

Yeah. The champion (Green in R/B, Lance in G/S) has the full party.

Thanks for the spoilers nigger.

ah, sorry :-(

Not as erratic as what you're talking about, but some recent games I've played with weird spikes and drops are EO4 and Bravely Default.
Actually, it was mostly just that the dungeons were trivially easy, so much so that I was constantly running from encounters or swapping out my team for a sub-team or using weak/gimmick jobs, then I get to the boss and get destroyed.
I noticed this somewhat for the EO4 final boss, when I'd got through the last dungeon playing through with 15 different characters and still walking all over the foes, then killing the second to last boss in 5 turns or something, only to take me several hours of retries to actually kill the final boss. Later, I cleared the entire post-game dungeon using multiple teams and ended up at level 45~60, which wasn't even remotely close to being able to take the extra-boss even in it's weakened state, or even the dragons nearby. If the final dungeon sufficiently difficult, I probably would've been forced to just stick with using one team and might have at least been appropriately levelled for the dragons or at least the dungeon FOEs.
For bravely default almost every dungeon I had to set to hard in order for the enemies to pose even a slight threat, but then just about every boss on hard would wipe me turn 2 unless they had some hugely exploitable gimmick. There was also the gigantic spike between clearing the templar boss and obtaining the vampire asterisk, but as a subquest that's also obtainable later in the game so I'm not sure if I can really call it a spike. Especially since the 'spike' was just getting a ninja with utsusemi and maybe levelling a fairy master.
If anything, it seems there's a discrepancy between dungeon and boss difficulty in these games, and a few othe games I've played, rather than a specific spikes for certain portions of the game, and I get the impression that the bosses are designed around playing through the dungeons on auto-battle, or just using nothing other than standard attacks and healing. For etrian odyssey, I would add that the games are pretty good at making binds and ailments viable against bosses, but the issue is that the hit rate for these is based both on the stat difference between you and the boss and the level difference between you and the boss, with a huge penalty to accuracy if your level is below a certain threshold. This means that if your level is too low (because the dungeons were too easy to get though) you don't really stand a chance against a boss regardless of how effective your strategy is simply because of the numbers difference.
Bare in mind I still enjoyed both of these games a lot, but I'm wondering if I'm just playing them wrong or if other people run into the same problems.

Attached: EOIVLandsknechtFA.png (890x606, 233.99K)

This.
Started the game for the first time with a friend and made a hotseat agreement.
His first death came in the village as he tried to fight and was overwhelmed, my first death was in the village getting cornered in a house, for his second death he found out about the chainsaw one hit kill, my second death was to the chainsaw guy too, I totally panicked hearing the chainsaw after seeing that guy cutting the head of my friend in one hit.

I remember playing Y and I thought they had teams of six there, is this something that's only in Sun/Moon or?

Also agreeing with the village, that is the first section in the game where you have to fight as you run from place to place, find ammo, get the shotgun, avoid the chainsaw guy and just hold out against a wave of enemies that you couldn't expect to take all at once if it was your first time playing and didn't fully understand the mechanics.

Don't forget the game had dynamic difficulty and got easier when you died too, so most newcomers to the game probably beat the village after it was toned down a bit.

This and possibly the cabin defence section are the highest spikes in 4 for me.

Attached: the_go_fuck_yourself_room.png (1920x1080, 15.85M)

Though I wouldn't have it any other way.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (830x535, 206.88K)

This isn't only you.
I was fucking destroyed repeatably by dragon boss in BD.
Bosses difficulty is very random in this game.
All side-quest job asterisks were rather simple. To end of Water Temple first arc at least.

Deus Ex becomes very easy (but still remains fun) by the time you get either the Dragon's Tooth sword or the invisibility aug.

Attached: DuClareChateau.mp4 (320x240, 3.81M)

Reminder that a patch exists called Perfect Crystal that changes the leveling to match the better balanced HGSS as well as bringing in some QOL improvements and uncensoring some sprites.

HGSS and BW/2 are the only games in the series where the elite four have full teams, and that's only when you rematch them.

silent run was pretty op as well also early gep gun sort of breaks the game.

Attached: why contain it.png (600x400, 395.06K)

I had a relatively easy time with no major holdups in EO4. Maybe my team just was better at murdering bosses since I built around status effects with Nightseeker+Arcanist+Black Mist, plus Swordsman and Dancer for further damage buffing, and the single target damage output of a well-built Nightseeker is completely murderous as soon as you roll the status effect. Subject of difficulty spikes reminds me of the Hellion boss in EO2, which just completely stonewalled me and forced me to rebuild and grind for a little bit before I found out it was semi-weak to the Terrify status as I coincidentially respecced my Hexer from a Poison-focused to an Evil Eye-focused build, so I was able to force it to spend half of its turns hitting itself and get past it before I technically should've been able to.

That's good to know. Generally dungeons were scaled pretty well, i.e. from one dungeon to the next, but bosses were very random as to whether they were difficult or not, and this often led to me building for the stronger jobs instead of having to grind to beat the bosses with the jobs I liked, which in turn made the following dungeon even easier than it would've been without the spike in difficulty at the boss causing me to improve my team set-up.

Most of my hold-ups were post-game though, aside from having to re-do kibagami once or twice, but I noticed that in standard encounters, that if you could bind or kill one particular enemy turn one, you basically already won the encounter, but against bosses you had to be able to put out sustained damage and binds would only save you a turn or two, plus the bosses having slightly higher levels than normal enemies meant you had a big disadvantage towards binds actually landing. Really though, my issue comes from the dungeons being too easy, it lead me into making gimmick or theme builds, not attempting to synergise and to distribute the exploration (and experience) between more than just 5-7 characters. It was a pretty easy game, but the difference between encounter difficult and boss difficulty seemed kind of dramatic at times.

>The Grand Corruptor will end you if you don't have good fire and blight resists, as well as good mobility to end him before roasting to death in the Demon Plane
>The Master is a required boss, and he is very difficult considering his cowardly AI, ranged firepower, shields, summons, healing factor and his one instant resurrection back to full health/mana
>The Dark Crypt will pop up randomly while travelling above level 24, you can only choose to undertake it then, and it's very challenging in any case, specially if you try to save the little girl
>From the far east onwards, difficulty stabilizes with the notable exception of the Vor Armory vault. This is more intended as a lethal trap until the postgame, however.
>The final bosses become very difficult if you lack mobility and high single target damage or antimagic to shut down either as soon as possible before the flunkies pour in

Attached: serveimage.jpeg (606x451, 121.97K)

I wouldn't have it any other way as well.

Attached: 66479553_p0.png (3508x2012, 1.65M)

The game has a very relaxed pace up until mission until you suddenly are thrown onto a map where you have around 10 minutes to build up defenses against 180 or so enemies that keep streaming towards your main structure non-stop, all while you still have to scout out the maps, etc. Not having your defenses set up in time more or less results in an insta-lose because you're not given a breather or anything like that. You better hope those ramparts hold.

And they already toned it down - used to be 250 enemy dwarves

Attached: logo.png (2045x1121, 1.59M)

It's not even a thread directly about pokemon man, save it for later.

Attached: drinking braixen.png (600x600, 22.33K)

They did tried to bandaid it with the pokewalker in the remake.

I never thought I'd hate some faggot online even more than the goodra-is-female-only autist from cuckchan's /vp/.

Attached: fox hates furfags.jpg (1031x809 50.88 KB, 98.54K)

This is the kind of poster who moans about furshit.

Attached: 8dbd593af84aded6bafbb215ade3e8dd.jpg (500x453, 129.7K)

Considering how the game was meant to be full on detective sim and have no combat but executives forced it because "it wouldn't sell" otherwise.

Attached: HOW EMBARRASSING!.mp4 (640x360, 123.03K)

And here kids we see a faggot

Attached: Mario.png (365x302, 192.05K)

the ultimate in degenerate

Attached: BUUURN IN THE FIRESSSS.webm (1080x720, 1.07M)

You fags never sperg out this bad at 9fag or ifunny watermarks, i wonder why?

Attached: oberstein2.jpg (376x419, 49.2K)

Attached: you right now.jpg (746x746, 173.72K)

Can't you just call me a fag?

But i just posted anime, so i can't possibly be a goon :^)

Yukiko's Castle in Persona 4 is absolutely brutal to first-time players. Especially when attempting a Day 1 rescue. The lack of SP-healing items (TaP Sodas + any Soul Drops or Snuff Souls you're lucky to find in chests) means you gotta play conservatively if you wanna pull off a Day 1 rescue.

Dude, it's a game geared for children. Something that was created for little kids to easily beat. The only difficult parts of Pokemon games should be those "Battle Frontiers" and nothing else.

Attached: memri goon.jpg (900x635, 68.33K)

are there any good romhacks of gen 2 that fix the difficulty curve?

Attached: Wonder 2.jpg (1000x1083, 1.47M)

The difficulty in this game was all over the place. If you're new to Hitman, I recommend attempting this one last.

Attached: skinhead 2.jpg (1920x1200, 98.47K)

You couldn't hide it under a million anime images

Why would a goon have a million anime images?

Attached: at last.png (447x378, 11.3K)

you're witnessing a goon psyop. They're well aware that the users of Holla Forums are aware of their generating of infighting here.

Silent run sucks because you can just use the speed aug and crouch to go faster than silent run while not making noise.

how about games with no difficulty curve and are just a cake walk from start to finish?

Attached: practically a walking simulator with QTEs.jpg (1600x740, 231.89K)

Was just playing persona 4 on normal for the first time and can second this. I've beaten P3P and Persona 1 PSP on hard and Persona 5 on normal, but I don't ever remembering struggling the way I did there. I ended up taking 2 days to rescue her. Then, when I thought I was finally in the clear, there's a notice that a powerful shadow is in the castle. The Contrarian King one shots your party even if you're overleveled from fighting Yukiko's shadow.

Perfect Crystal/ the gen iv remakes fix some of it, but the unfixable part is because of the fact the game lets you choose where to go in part of Johto.

Am I correct?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (326x499, 212.88K)

I do minimalist runs (where I require myself to kill everything) and the high point of Resident Evil 4 difficulty for me is always the Verdugo fight followed by the el gigante pair (no lava kill allowed) and the nostivador cavern. This part of a playthrough usually deals with serious ammo constraints.

Deus Ex is like that.

this is also true.

seems bretty good thanks I will give it a shot

could be
I just saved it from here with that filename
that's honestly the first time I have heard of that book, is it anygood?

Doesn't excuse degenerate behavior just because one of your detractors is a faggot while all of you are faggots yourselves.

Attached: no.gif (286x210, 2.17M)

Fuck if I know, its a bout a deformed kid. The author saw a deformed kid and sheltered her child from the horrific visage of the profane monstrosity, then felt bad about it and wrote a book about such an abomination out of guilt.
It was made into a movie as well.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (800x530, 641.42K)

I guess I should also point out I got like a dozen of these at the same time but half of them got the filename chopped off because programming ape.

fuck I can't help but laugh at that picture, what have I become

Attached: Explosive Cephalopods.jpg (1800x1804 904.4 KB, 3.11M)

most arenaFPS games

Doom 1 on ultra violence. In episode 1 there's a shotgunner every 2 fucking steps, then it becomes less that and more sluggish fireball slingers.

RE4 is one of my favorite games. I never felt like the balance was off.

How about Max Payne's detective mode?

Thank God for Ghastly and Hypno for that confusion shit.

Attached: 606bae51551f0bf43511e2299bb5816ab3aaac2a92b01236b24cd585520c21d9.jpg (390x376, 23.52K)

There are like 5 different ways to beat her easily, the most obvious being use something other than quilava/pidteotto/beedrill like every other retard who thinks she's actually hard.

How does it feel to be that bad at baby's first JRPG?

BW Elite 4 had only four pokemon each on the first try. Granted with the story that's not even the real challenge and they will have full teams of 6 for rematches unlike X/Y which is always 4. B2W2 also had only 4 for the initial fights then upped to 6 in rematches unless your doing challenge mode where they'll have 5 pokemon each and every pokemon is equipped with items not just one with a sitrus berry.

Heracross doesn't get a fighting-type move until level 44 in Gen 2, not counting Counter.

There is no excuse for you.

considering her main spam move is rollout you'd have no issue here.

youre one to talk you fucking goon

Keep digging yourself deeper, it's funny.
The claim was "no fighting types before her", meaning NO fighting types, ZERO fighting types, NONEXISTENT fighting types. This is known to be false.
GIT GUD.

Attached: 30percent.png (550x100 27.29 KB, 6.23K)

Ghost Master's difficulty level is all over the place.

Some missions you can complete in under 3 minutes if you already know what to do, while others are basically "Didnt get good RNG on the AI? Enjoy spending 40 minutes on this, fucker."

Attached: electrospasm.jpg (531x610 61.75 KB, 39.27K)

Attached: condescending smug.png (256x256, 150.94K)

holy shit, you are actually retarded

You were blown the fuck out worse than anyone in the last month. Crawl away with your dignity between your legs.

neck yourself

This is the first game I ever played were I was made aware of the "fucked difficulty curve" thing.
I remember it having weird difficulty spikes, and the entire section where you fight monsters that don't drop ammo is very frustrating, doesn't seem like a deliberate choice.
Then the final boss is a huge fucking joke, easier than most of the game.

Attached: Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein.jpg (400x500, 54.92K)

Please stop before you hurt yourself.

Attached: heracross crystal.png (861x168, 17.07K)

The fuck are you doing?

I fucked up the image so I deleted and reposted the fixed one.

nevermind, I'm wrong

That is the one thing to me as a long time fan that is a huge slap to the face. I remember as a kid playing against the elite four on sapphire/emerald and having really tough time beating them all. It didn't demotivate me though, if anything it motivated me to get gud/try other Pokemon to see what would work well, on top of grinding. This was waay before I learned what breeding was really for and not just to acquire Pokemon you don't normally get (or be a lazy shit and let your pokemon level even though I knew was a waste). When I finally beat them I swear it was one of the most satisfying things I can remember. Now its just dumbed down to all hell and boring, especially if you know the advanced mechanics. It's a wonder why alot of people complain about games being slightly difficult

Attached: wK0pvpw.jpg (1920x1080, 113.61K)

ahh so you're autistic I see, that explains a lot.

Colosseum's equivalent, the four tourney battles at Realgam Tower, before the Cipher bosses, only had three Pokemon each, but at the same time, each had a Shadow Pokemon (resulting in potentially eating additional damage/items wasted in trying to snag them), and had no between-battles chance to heal until after the final. And then the next two fights had full six Pokemon rosters, each with a shadow pseudolegendary. Also no opportunity to save between ANY of the fights. Just saying that there is a way to have fewer Pokemon during important late game battles yet still balance it as a challenge (assuming you aren't doing the item switch glitch to "reuse" master balls and other high tier items at that point), something the more recent games apparently don't do (no 3DS here, so B2W2 were the last I played, but even those only had four mons each on the first go unless playing on Challenge Mode, compared to five per elite four in the generations prior).

Either find a Pokemon with synchronize and a good nature (say, a Ralts with that a Modest or Timid nature), and/or equip an everstone on a parent with the nature you want to breed onto the offspring. Since Emerald, there have been small tweaks for non-combat benefits to abilities and items. Synchronize boosts the chances of wild Pokemon having the same nature as the lead one, and Everstone has a 50% chance (last I recall) to have the offspring inherit the nature of the wielder.

Attached: 9ec56c39a66f15fe5117c2bd9f712f73.jpg (500x369, 68.33K)

What the fuck

To be honest, only the Champions had six, at least on a first go around (assuming you're not talking about a game with harder rematches). Elite Four did at least have five mons each until Gen V though, though at times this meant dupes and unevolved forms to fill out the roster for typing focuses with few Pokemon at the regional dex to fill the slots. Flint in Diamond and Pearl got one of the shortest ends of the stick since the only non-legendary Fire types in the (DP) Sinnohdex were the Chimchar line, Ponyta line, and Magby line (the latter of which a player couldn't even get until post-E4 anyhow, outside of trading). Of those, he used Rapidash and Infernape, and GameFreak opted to have him off-type to fill out the rest (Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim), which ironically leaves him less easy to beat if you thought he specialized in fire. Platinum adding about 30 prior Pokemon for the Sinnohdex, he and the other elite four members get access to more of their chosen type to use, so he has all fire types in the Platinum incarnation.

Are we talking about Whitney's Miltank now? In the old GSC games (not the remakes), my strategy against her was always the same. Find the Rollout TM on Route 35, teach it to my Quilava, and use it to destroy her Clefairy and Miltank in an ironic manner. Worked everytime.

I do find it funny that HGSS specifically gave her Miltank Scrappy to fuck with the old "just use a ghost" strategy.

Gold and Silver's difficulty spike is entirely because of them allowing you to sequence break the gym order - you can do gym 7 before gym 5 or 6 - and so pretty much every trainer + team rocket part of that portion of the map are scaled really fucking terribly.

Combine with the highest level wild Pokemon (pre-E4 being beaten) being level 35 or so in Victory Road, and ones that don't give all that much experience at that if I remember correctly.

are there any romhacks that force you to utilize whatever you can scrounge up in the area of the gym to win like the miltanks in gold/silver?

i loved going out of my comfort zone and having to find the right 'mon to beat her with, kinda like using a butterfree to beat brock if you picked charmander back in red/blue

Pokemon Reborn (fangame, not a romhack) was built entirely around the concept of constructing teams to deal with specific threats, due to most Pokemon you can catch being fairly weak and redundant. Stronger Pokemon are tied to quests and events but you'll likely only have three or four mainstay Pokemon at best. Having said that, Pokemon Reborn is figuratively written by Tumblr and Linkin Park's mutant baby, so make sure you skip every fucking textbox that pops up.

You should probably ask someone else about GSC romhacks. I haven't played any myself.

What about games that have no difficulty curve?

Attached: asd.jpg (848x1049 159.36 KB, 595.2K)

Resident Evil 4 would have been sick with a Nemesis/Tyrant style pursuer on professional

Now now children. Behave or else you won't get cookies.

Geodude + dig
Resists damage and breaks her rollout streak.

The Remaster of Turok has a completly fucked up ultra-masochistic new difficulty level that didn't used to be in the original.

It counts for both 1 and 2. Hardcore + extended fog (actually affects enemies line of sight too), no autoaiming is extremely punishing. In Turok: Dinosaur Hunter the guys with laser rifles can snipe you from the maximum view distance (which changes with the fog settings) and hit you faster than you can possibly react. They will fire at you faster than you can quickly peek around the corner and maybe shoot back at them.

Hardcore is the only difficulty setting which actually increase the movement speed and attack speed of enemies. Which means they not only deal more damage to you. They deal that damage quicker.

Every single hardcore run on Youtube plays without extended fog AND they have to speedrun the game.
It's completly impossible to play Turok legit or ironman it.

An user mentioned that the devs added that new difficulty, because the game is no longer on a console and you have better controls. I am a difficulty masochist, but hardcore is extremely anti-fun and super frustrating.

Attached: dat isses mann.jpg (2048x1536, 1.5M)

Don't use goon words user, wanting a challenge that will test you to your limits is not the same as liking pain. A true masochist would actual pain, like playing a game so hard its all just trial and error to do a certain set of things exactly right with no gameplay outside twitch reactions and memorization.

Look, look everyone, I've spotted a goon! Only a goon would say that masochist is a goon word, so this poster is a goon!

Fuck you, retard. Something awful didn't invent "Masochist".

Lion King game for game gear.
There was this waterslide level that was like the second level.
Fucking impossible.

Attached: lion-king-the-usa game gear.png (456x640, 426.05K)

That's toxic user.

The second level is harder than anything up to the lava level, now that you mention it.

Stage 3 -> stage 4 in EoSD, fighting Patchy.

Attached: 1505092982642.jpg (850x607, 93.03K)

L.A. Noire is barely even a video game though.

You obviously didn't play RE4 on Hard mode.

Stage 2 -> Stage 3 in every Touhou game.

I would say difficulty curve in touhou games is highest in stage 4 -> stage 5.
In stage 6 you can just mash bomb button during spellcards.

This.

Or that?

Basically Maniax release (which the US release is based on) expected you to have played the game before and made everything in it far harder than the original game.

Attached: nocturnesteam.png (1583x895, 582.74K)

I thought the original Japanese version was supposed to be really hard and they just rebalanced Maniax but added extra bosses as cameos to double dip after firing Cozy.

Over 100 replies in and no-one has mentioned pic related. Don't get me wrong, It's a fantastic game but the difficulty "curve" is one of the most fucked I've encountered.

inb4 >lol harm spam

Attached: Absolutelyfuckedbalance.jpg (370x448, 70.46K)

The biggest problem with that game is that they say you can choose either magic or technology but that is a fucking lie as magic is magnitudes better than tech in every way.

With that said, technology is still loads of fun to play around with.

I remember one time where I necro raised a spider mother abomination… She kept popping out kids that my team would have to fight every like three seconds… Had to put her back down after that.

Yeah, I mostly just like coming up with super specific niche builds to play around with. For my main play though I just went for pure melee/dodge plus stat boosts.

I wanna have my knothole glazed

just out rollout her with the rage

Now kiss❤

The first 4 or so hours of any SMT are the hardest due to scarce and smaller move pools at the beginning.
Once that's overcome and you finally used that last demon to have a full decent moveset on each the games difficulty drops massively.

Literally false, besides hard mode where the devs just slapped a damage multiplier on them and a divider on you and removed escape as an option without testing it. Maniax is straight up easier.

Oh it's easier latter on, but Maniax are absolutely difficulty spikes till you can actually prepare for them.

Literally the only thing to be considered a "Spike" is the addition of Matador in the underground but by then you should have made a team with ways to drop his stats and buff your own and you can buy an item to resist his main element right before the fight.
Everything else is quality of life changes to make the game objectively easier by comparison.

Attached: Fuck you potato.png (850x472, 413.97K)

I just remember this game being a complete cakewalk. If your party composition is not retarded and you don't run from battles, you can basically just waltz through the whole game on autopilot.

EXCEPT FOR ONE PART

The fucking citadel of trials was a goddamn nightmare because of those fucking mind flayer mother fuckers. If you see a party of three of them or more and they get the jump on you, just reset the fucking console. They stunlock your ass to death so fucking easily. Nothing else in the game even came close to killing me but I had to go through this stupid castle four fucking times because of these asshats.

Attached: ffwlpr1-1920x12001.png (1920x1200, 577.17K)

RE5 is probably even worse for it since the game changes a lot during each chapter, the hardest part of the game is right at the start too.

What pisses me off is less a fucked difficulty curve but rather a developer having a fucked idea of what constitutes difficulty. Phantasy Star Online 2 is a great example of this. There are maybe one or two missions in the game that pose anything resembling a challenge, and it's because the game sends out 4+, highly mobile, highly aggressive, HP sponge bosses that can one hit kill you in an arena with no obstacles and where your healing is all but disabled.

The funny thing? Reverse image searching, there's another version with some "STARS" tag on it instead. Obviously any kind of tagging or trademarking is horseshit, but he just had to go for the goontagged one instead.

Attached: e991dfc0a3dd7a6c7ac7a04a557670fb9f28511608a090b22df91548e4ce4222.jpg (1200x957, 590.27K)

A games learning curve depends on the user but this aside, this spicy boy;

It's a WC3 (RTS) CS. You wanna know why its trash because you're putting people with no RTS background into a niche custom scenario map you use to play if you had more then 4 people (Typical RTS team size max) mates that wanted to play together (it also use to have a 6v6 mode). You are ripping the heart and guts out of the experience curve people had to experience in micro-macro-meta concepts of a 3d game of chess and placing them in this 1d checkers bullshit where the community breaks down because it got so assblastingly butt raped by its inability to understand the diversibility of what the underlying game genre is requirant of to be anywhere near acceptable. Thats why 99% of people I've ever played with should get cancer and die. They shouldn't be any where fucking near a cs as a main form of game until they've paid their RTS dues, and they think they are good because they have 1 dimension of play worked out. I'd shoot you in the head IRL.

Attached: dota_1_by_su_ke-d5b03xk.jpg (900x596, 140.25K)

>>>/tumblr/

Holy shit wow you have good taste. Dan Terminus's album the Wrath of Code opened up a new world in music for me. That album is just sublime perfection and I listened to it all day, and night.

Attached: wew.mp4 (962x720, 236.93K)

I sincerely hope you're not implying monstergirls are furry.

Attached: 6ed3108c9c633b13f76f9a13533512e22344bffdfe4316e5dd3a6706a8c44d42.jpg (500x375, 114.91K)

10% rule nigger.

>>>/monster/

He kinda looks like a Lemming.

Attached: Lemmings-anniversary-game.0.0.jpg (1400x1400, 276.51K)

Might as well just be >>>/fur/

I'd fuck that