HOLY SHIT moments

Post your favorite moments in games where shit goes completely off the rails (most likely resulting in the loss of your main character for a while if you're playing a JRPG).

Posting in a major spoilers thread

Attached: SX4E01-65.png (1808x1016, 1.86M)

That would be suprising had that not the same writing staff not done the same shit in Chrono Trigger (Magus instead of Lavos), Xenogears (Grahf instead of Miang), Chrono Cross (Lynx instead of the Dragons) and Xenosaga (Albedo/Margulis/the Space Pope instead of Wilhelm) before it.

"That one thing over there."
Induced murderous rage when you did not know the way to bypass it.

Attached: sonic.jpg (474x355, 45.26K)

Funny how everyone got stuck on that part.
I remember when I got Sonic Heroes it was the first game I ever played that used a joystick and I didnt know how to move sonic for like an hour until my older sister managed to google the instructions.

A true antagonist being revealed is absolutely nothing uncommon in storytelling. I wasn't talking about revealing that zanza was a bad guy. It's revealing that literally nothing the party did mattered and was even counterproductive because the Bionis did, indeed, need to be destroyed.
I will give you that this is basically a callback to Xenogear's Deus plotline, though.

One of my favorite levels in a sonic game. I loved mania. so much fun. favorite zone overall would have to be
1. Studiopolis zone (mania)
2. Mirage Saloon zone (mania)
3. Lava reef zone (mania)
4. Water Labyrinth zone (sonic 1)
5. Egypt zone (sonic 3?)
6. flying saucer green hill zone (sonic 3?)

Well yeah, given that Xenoblade is pretty much a best of album of the previous games and concepts. Zanza is pretty much just twink Miang.

Why do people like sonic platforming? If it was like the original sonics where going fast is the goal that represents better skill id understand, but all new sonic 2Ds are no faster than super mario world, with clunky physics.

except*

Everything after the conversation with Vigil in Mass Effect.

Attached: 1514351206619.jpg (1920x1080, 84.47K)

I honestly thought I'd somehow bad ended the game there, given that I'd heard how bad-end prevalent the series was.

Wasn't it miang instead of grahf though?

Attached: Cemu 2017-11-28 21-03-19-13.jpg (1920x1080, 454.03K)

Around the beginning of Route C in NieR Automata, 2B gets infected with the logic virus and is mercy killed by A2. 9S promptly loses his shit.

First is the fake threat, latter is the real threat. Krelian should be in there somewhere but whatever.

Fighting golden Sol.

How old were you? That is pretty much retarded.
The barrel in Sonic 3 is "iconic" because all the puzzles in the game are solved by dashing, spinning or jumping. And the damn barrel moves according to how much weight you put into it, from how high you jump. And IT'S NOT WHAT SOLVES THE PUZZLE. Instead, you just need to press up and down on the d-pad. Completely counter-intuitive. I stopped buying Sonic games because of that single barrel in Sonic 3, as i thought at the time that the (wrong) way to "solve" it required so much precision that it was not funny, and i did not want to play that level again when replaying the game, as i did with older Sonic games.
Sega lost a consumer right there.

This was my greatest "HOLY SHIT" moment in gaming. it will probably be your greatest too by proxy of just watching it.

Attached: oh baby a triple.mp4 (640x358, 1.49M)

make more videos after your balls drop.

Nier Automata
2B dies for good right after the happy Ending A/B

Silent Hill 2
Pyramid Head chasing you and Maria in the underground tunnels ending with her being impaled just before getting to the safety of inside the elevator

Final Fantasy 6
The apocalypse happens

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (736x736, 64.78K)

Baten Kaitos
The main character is the traitor and he betrays you, the person holding the controller

Baten Kaitos: Origins
The main character isn't in contact with a spirit (you), he's just brain damaged from being experimented on as a baby and "you" are just part of his head. It's also possible the bad guy raped his mom and is his father

Custom Robo: Battle Revolution
Clearly the reason there's no way in or out of town is because it's a video game and all the plants are artificial is for sci-fi aesthetic… right?

The ending of of MGS3 was pretty intense.

Kinda cheap, and I'm sure there are better moments I am forgetting, but seeing this in Human Revolution was pretty thrilling for me. I had played the original Deus Ex before I played HR, obviously, and I was excited because the game really picked up at about this point and seeing this made me think they were finally going to start getting theoretical and political similar to the first game.
oh how wrong I was

Also, Alien Isolation had a lot of intense moments. Especially towards the end when you start the reactor or whatever and you see a ton more xenomorphs running about. Or at the very end when you're running to the escape pod while xenomorphs surround you. Very fun game, that.

Attached: MJ12hand-picusbasement.png (819x919, 586.28K)

Xavier deploying the Demon Army, and every event after that having him absolutely annihilate the shit out of every other country still alive that you haven't conquered yet.

Attached: b4ed8e7402067b9e19f77308610b36a8cfebbb3d19afd9067cbd4cd7f15f1a1b.jpg (800x600 49.81 KB, 371.37K)

Think it's intentional that the man of glass looks like a jew?

Playing the Darkness. Then Holy SHIT, time travel.

I was able to push the Demon army back to Kyushu but it basically turned into world war 1 with basically no side ever winning.

Attached: 1411071751203.jpg (228x293, 24.97K)

Senator Armstrong has the honour of having the most entertaining cutscenes out of any game as well as the awesome fight itself'

I thought it was odd that the cast thought I was insane for saying the earth was round before the big reveal.

You can't really win against the demon army
If you somehow manage to the game accuses you of cheating

this desu

Attached: end of Drakengard.jpg (460x215 991.96 KB, 195.18K)

I know it's forboden to speak of it now but
>Don't get so cocky. I know what you did.

That's against Demon King Miki.
You can beat Xavier's demon army but the game just treats it the same as if you'd beaten him in the attrition war.

fuck off yoko, stop shilling your shit game that nobody liked on release

Attached: drakengard_glitch_by_raddragongirl-d3btmgf.png (800x425, 435.51K)

More of a holy shit moment with that guy was
="Your blade…It did not cut deep enough"=
Everything then goes to shit for a bit

What a twist.

Attached: Czzku3NXgAA7CG3.jpg (749x435, 69.09K)

I'd say probably the first time Deviljho entered a hunt. You can hear the stories, watch the vids, but nothing compares to the pants shitting when he ACTUALLY shows up in YOUR hunt.

Attached: Deviljho has entered the area.gif (350x233, 2.5M)

Freespace is just a long series of trains getting derailed with you on them.

Attached: rest in rip.mp4 (960x540, 8.23M)

Having never played any of the Rance games before I tried out Sengoku, I'd say the fact that the entire premise of the game being presented as being a happy-go-lucky sex adventure with a bit of warfare and rape thrown in was utterly shattered and thus created a HOLY SHIT moment when Kou got raped. That was the moment where shit got real and I realized that Xavier wasn't a cartoony villain.

Attached: Half-Ogre Island.jpg (478x251, 34.04K)

How much did they detail the forced breeding anyway?

Words cannot describe how hype this is

I felt like meeting the supposed god was more of a turning point. Forgot his name? Nasomethingsomething

Not plenty iirc. Just notes here and there about shipment and vague experimentation.

This guy on Rance 4 is a holy shit moment too. You're forced to run away from every encounter because he can't be hurt, even during the final battle.

Attached: Dio_Calmis_Fighting_Stance.png (352x288, 14.98K)

It was of course hinted that Constantine wasn't the most normal fellow, but this was fucking crazy way back when.

Thief has to be the best game at combining great narrative with great gameplay.

Repelling THE BLITZ on my first playthrough without prior knowledge was probably one of the most satisfying things I've done in a game.

When I first began playing as Richter in Hotline Miami 2. Considering I killed him in the first game, that made seeing the situation he's in hurt more than it should.

Also, No, it wasn't me, it can't be… Th-this is all a misunderstanding!

Attached: Inquisitive Garcian.jpg (510x590 9.95 KB, 4.5K)

Your mentor, who gave you the time travel book and who trained you and put your squad on your command is actually you from the future who went insane due to overusing the book and losing his sense of self in time. He gave you this weapon only to close the time loop of having it in the first place.
You fight him as the final boss, because to end this tragic circle he devised a way to kill you outside of time, in historia, which will not affect his own past.

Attached: Heiss.png (512x384 279.64 KB, 49.3K)

> Considering I killed him in the first game
That actually never happens. Jacket stops choking the shit out of him just before he dies. He actually has a change of heart about the whole thing. Fascinating really.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (207x253, 68.84K)

Loved that shit, always thought it was weird but never thought there would be a reason for it.

No, nothing can

I have to say the final bose of armored core: Verdict day, I hated the game but when you realize what the final boss is, its hype as fuck.

Hold on…
Wasn't Heiss Stocke's uncle?
You know, with Stocke actually being Ernst, Eruca's brother, the one chosen from Granorg's royal family to be sacrificed for the sake of the world, but gets kidnaped by Heiss while he's still too young to remember to give him a new chance in life, but dooms the world in the process
It's entirely possible I'm remembering this wrong, but I'm fairly certain that's how the story went.

Hunty sends her regards.

My last "Holy Shit" moment was the Train Rush section in A Hat in Time. Fucking insanity was that level and I loved every minute of it.

I won't spoil any of it but the finale of Hellsinker is something everyone should experience personally after getting their themselves. The game transcends itself.

Attached: Hellsinker logo.png (640x480, 119.42K)

Attached: 1509647580990.jpg (800x1000, 250.52K)

Hideo Kojima is a genius to write such deep thought on politics.

Attached: no.png (118x118, 25.55K)

Because he stops choking him and the color returns to Richter's face. Also because he's still alive in Hotline Miami 2. There's actually no way to kill him in the first game, the implied death was a mistake on the part of the players.

When you switch from the Human to Cybrid campaign in Starsiege

Attached: 1423784521487.png (330x328, 31.93K)

Attached: 1424841418645.jpg (255x255, 16.08K)

Attached: 84be732cd323470e900ca9c94abf1ed2333c3a3ab4469b489b2f4a3b25eddbe2.png (400x400, 64.11K)

Attached: ayyyyy.jpg (255x185, 9.6K)

You like Kojimbo

you guys bought my game, right?

Attached: vaniel davra.jpg (1280x720, 223.47K)

*That one other writer who did everything of value pre-MGS4 is a genius to write such deep thought on politics.

But I think you knew I would post that.

Attached: yuu2.png (641x471, 162.87K)

Yes, it was his uncle.
In addition to that, the uncle has used his Black Chronicle multiple times, changing his appearance over time so naturally he wouldn't look like he would be related to Granorg royal family.

Attached: d279d2884079b3136c9d418a50c31953b31de022d57ed968e519474b674b0630.gif (785x719, 552.46K)

When one user responds to a sarcastic post with a bait image, how should I interpret?

Attached: fuck you nigger imma do it anyways.jpg (906x399, 228.37K)

Allow me to translate both anons' thoughts behind their post:

Have people forgotten what sarcasm is?

Now you're putting your own interpretation over it. My interpretation isn't any less valid than yours.

Except for the part where yours doesn't make any sense.

Yes it is.

Glad you cleared up this miscommunication, user. Now I can get on with my morning.

What exactly do you think bait is you double nigger? Do you think those fags who reply to TORposters with "wow those ID dubs" are not being sarcastic while baiting?
I'm sincerely beginning to hope you're (failing at) baiting with this entire conversation as well, because otherwise I fear for your ability to continue breathing without machine assistance.

Do you legitimately believe everybody on here is sincerely just trying to bait one another all the time

this moment when playing this level in EDF. when you see the radar but see no enemies, then your first rocket blast into the void reveals a shitload of ants. i wish i had a better video with more suspense, but i could only find this guy playing on easy… so there was never any danger.

Attached: EDF - The enemy is right infront of us.webm (1280x720, 6.1M)

didn't you get the memo user? they're all merely pretending. none of them are actual newfags and retards. and we absolutely never get any legitimate shills here either.

I find it how fascinating a thread goes to shit the moment Kojima is brought up.

It'll pass.

>>>/cuckchan/

Especially for old ass games from the PS1-2 era. I have to have a laugh at people who get spoilered about games they should have long since played and beaten.

This, if you haven't already played the classics you deserve to get spoiled.

Pic related was pretty crazy back in the day

Attached: 1-image002.png (512x448, 22K)