HOLY SHIT moments

Alexander Murphy
Alexander Murphy

Post your favorite moments in games where shit goes completely off the rails (most likely resulting in the loss of your main character for a while if you're playing a JRPG).

Landon Clark
Landon Clark

Posting in a major spoilers thread

Nicholas Nelson
Nicholas Nelson

You know this epic adventure you've had for dozens of hours trying to save the world?
It was completely meaningless, you got the wrong antagonist from the start

Attached: SX4E01-65.png (1.86 MB, 1808x1016)

Parker Miller
Parker Miller

That would be suprising had that not the same writing staff not done the same shit in Chrono Trigger (Magus instead of Lavos), Xenogears (Grahf instead of Miang), Chrono Cross (Lynx instead of the Dragons) and Xenosaga (Albedo/Margulis/the Space Pope instead of Wilhelm) before it.

Carson Sanders
Carson Sanders

"That one thing over there."
Induced murderous rage when you did not know the way to bypass it.

Attached: sonic.jpg (45.26 KB, 474x355)

Aaron Diaz
Aaron Diaz

Funny how everyone got stuck on that part.
I remember when I got Sonic Heroes it was the first game I ever played that used a joystick and I didnt know how to move sonic for like an hour until my older sister managed to google the instructions.

Ian Allen
Ian Allen

A true antagonist being revealed is absolutely nothing uncommon in storytelling. I wasn't talking about revealing that zanza was a bad guy. It's revealing that literally nothing the party did mattered and was even counterproductive because the Bionis did, indeed, need to be destroyed.
I will give you that this is basically a callback to Xenogear's Deus plotline, though.

Grayson Sullivan
Grayson Sullivan

One of my favorite levels in a sonic game. I loved mania. so much fun. favorite zone overall would have to be
1. Studiopolis zone (mania)
2. Mirage Saloon zone (mania)
3. Lava reef zone (mania)
4. Water Labyrinth zone (sonic 1)
5. Egypt zone (sonic 3?)
6. flying saucer green hill zone (sonic 3?)

Matthew Brooks
Matthew Brooks

I will give you that this is basically a callback to Xenogear's Deus plotline, though.
Well yeah, given that Xenoblade is pretty much a best of album of the previous games and concepts. Zanza is pretty much just twink Miang.

Christopher Jenkins
Christopher Jenkins

Why do people like sonic platforming? If it was like the original sonics where going fast is the goal that represents better skill id understand, but all new sonic 2Ds are no faster than super mario world, with clunky physics.

Benjamin Young
Benjamin Young

except*

Wyatt Wilson
Wyatt Wilson

Everything after the conversation with Vigil in Mass Effect.

Attached: 1514351206619.jpg (84.47 KB, 1920x1080)

Kayden Perry
Kayden Perry

I honestly thought I'd somehow bad ended the game there, given that I'd heard how bad-end prevalent the series was.

Brayden Davis
Brayden Davis

Xenogears
Wasn't it miang instead of grahf though?

Attached: Cemu-2017-11-28-21-03-19-13.jpg (454.03 KB, 1920x1080)

Wyatt Thompson
Wyatt Thompson

Around the beginning of Route C in NieR Automata, 2B gets infected with the logic virus and is mercy killed by A2. 9S promptly loses his shit.

Adrian Richardson
Adrian Richardson

First is the fake threat, latter is the real threat. Krelian should be in there somewhere but whatever.

Alexander Allen
Alexander Allen

Fighting golden Sol.

Cooper Moore
Cooper Moore

How old were you? That is pretty much retarded.
The barrel in Sonic 3 is "iconic" because all the puzzles in the game are solved by dashing, spinning or jumping. And the damn barrel moves according to how much weight you put into it, from how high you jump. And IT'S NOT WHAT SOLVES THE PUZZLE. Instead, you just need to press up and down on the d-pad. Completely counter-intuitive. I stopped buying Sonic games because of that single barrel in Sonic 3, as i thought at the time that the (wrong) way to "solve" it required so much precision that it was not funny, and i did not want to play that level again when replaying the game, as i did with older Sonic games.
Sega lost a consumer right there.

Jeremiah Diaz
Jeremiah Diaz

This was my greatest "HOLY SHIT" moment in gaming. it will probably be your greatest too by proxy of just watching it.

Attached: oh-baby-a-triple.mp4 (1.49 MB, 640x358)

Aaron Cox
Aaron Cox

make more videos after your balls drop.

Julian Moore
Julian Moore

that glaringly obvious aim assist

Alexander Russell
Alexander Russell

Nier Automata
2B dies for good right after the happy Ending A/B

Silent Hill 2
Pyramid Head chasing you and Maria in the underground tunnels ending with her being impaled just before getting to the safety of inside the elevator

Final Fantasy 6
The apocalypse happens

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (64.78 KB, 736x736)

Angel Collins
Angel Collins

Baten Kaitos
The main character is the traitor and he betrays you, the person holding the controller

Baten Kaitos: Origins
The main character isn't in contact with a spirit (you), he's just brain damaged from being experimented on as a baby and "you" are just part of his head. It's also possible the bad guy raped his mom and is his father

Custom Robo: Battle Revolution
Clearly the reason there's no way in or out of town is because it's a video game and all the plants are artificial is for sci-fi aesthetic… right?

Nolan Carter
Nolan Carter

The ending of of MGS3 was pretty intense.

Daniel Brown
Daniel Brown

Kinda cheap, and I'm sure there are better moments I am forgetting, but seeing this in Human Revolution was pretty thrilling for me. I had played the original Deus Ex before I played HR, obviously, and I was excited because the game really picked up at about this point and seeing this made me think they were finally going to start getting theoretical and political similar to the first game.
oh how wrong I was

Also, Alien Isolation had a lot of intense moments. Especially towards the end when you start the reactor or whatever and you see a ton more xenomorphs running about. Or at the very end when you're running to the escape pod while xenomorphs surround you. Very fun game, that.

Attached: MJ12hand-picusbasement.png (586.28 KB, 819x919)

Adrian Rodriguez
Adrian Rodriguez

Xavier deploying the Demon Army, and every event after that having him absolutely annihilate the shit out of every other country still alive that you haven't conquered yet.

That first time Ontology kicks in when you're getting blitzed for what's likely the first time in the game

Attached: 607a83ff2b0fd6106a79e391b1fda4b6114fe2762402fea53e7845d24d367e5a.png (371.37 KB, 800x600)
Attached: b4ed8e7402067b9e19f77308610b36a8cfebbb3d19afd9067cbd4cd7f15f1a1b.jpg (49.81 KB, 480x480)

Juan Phillips
Juan Phillips

Think it's intentional that the man of glass looks like a jew?

Jackson Young
Jackson Young

Playing the Darkness. Then Holy SHIT, time travel.

Charles Barnes
Charles Barnes

I was able to push the Demon army back to Kyushu but it basically turned into world war 1 with basically no side ever winning.

Benjamin Peterson
Benjamin Peterson

wait wasn't the last stage literally titled "Final Stage"? I just beat what seemed to be the final bo-
stage title is now written in cuneiform

Attached: 1411071751203.jpg (24.97 KB, 228x293)

Asher Harris
Asher Harris

Senator Armstrong has the honour of having the most entertaining cutscenes out of any game as well as the awesome fight itself'

Eli Wood
Eli Wood

Custom Robo
I thought it was odd that the cast thought I was insane for saying the earth was round before the big reveal.

Nathaniel Anderson
Nathaniel Anderson

You can't really win against the demon army
If you somehow manage to the game accuses you of cheating

Carter Campbell
Carter Campbell

this desu

Henry Wright
Henry Wright

Attached: Drakengard.png (195.18 KB, 460x215)
Attached: drakengard-x-nier-wallpaper-by-ikapika-d6n1vo9.png (991.96 KB, 1024x631)
Attached: End-of-the-Dragoshpere.jpg (48.45 KB, 300x1300)
Attached: end-of-Drakengard.jpg (43.2 KB, 600x450)

Cooper Richardson
Cooper Richardson

I know it's forboden to speak of it now but
Don't get so cocky. I know what you did.

Luis Myers
Luis Myers

That's against Demon King Miki.
You can beat Xavier's demon army but the game just treats it the same as if you'd beaten him in the attrition war.

Nathaniel Torres
Nathaniel Torres

fuck off yoko, stop shilling your shit game that nobody liked on release

Ryan Ward
Ryan Ward

Attached: drakengard-glitch-by-raddragongirl-d3btmgf.png (435.51 KB, 800x425)

Bentley Watson
Bentley Watson

More of a holy shit moment with that guy was
At the beginning of the game you get the monado, it is pretty much the ultimate weapom
The sword fucks up everything on your journey
Including dragons like things, giant robots, anime transformers, monsters, etc
Finally get to Egil boss fight
Shulk stabs him in the chest with the monado expecting him to die like everything else
Robo edgelord then says
="Your blade…It did not cut deep enough"=
He tosses you aside like a used fapkin
Everything then goes to shit for a bit

What a twist.

Attached: Czzku3NXgAA7CG3.jpg (69.09 KB, 749x435)

Ian Lopez
Ian Lopez

I'd say probably the first time Deviljho entered a hunt. You can hear the stories, watch the vids, but nothing compares to the pants shitting when he ACTUALLY shows up in YOUR hunt.

Attached: Deviljho-has-entered-the-area.gif (2.5 MB, 350x233)

Jackson Myers
Jackson Myers

Freespace is just a long series of trains getting derailed with you on them.

Attached: rest-in-rip.mp4 (8.23 MB, 960x540)

Zachary Cooper
Zachary Cooper

Having never played any of the Rance games before I tried out Sengoku, I'd say the fact that the entire premise of the game being presented as being a happy-go-lucky sex adventure with a bit of warfare and rape thrown in was utterly shattered and thus created a HOLY SHIT moment when Kou got raped. That was the moment where shit got real and I realized that Xavier wasn't a cartoony villain.

Matthew Taylor
Matthew Taylor

Attached: Half-Ogre-Island.jpg (34.04 KB, 478x251)

Lincoln Thomas
Lincoln Thomas

How much did they detail the forced breeding anyway?

Jacob Smith
Jacob Smith

the game's about piloting a ship which can put up a shield to deflect bullets, but then one of the final bosses pulls you in a tractor field and barrages you with so many fucking bullets that your shield can't withstand it as you see your lives being drained one by one
the pilot of the ship is dead, but instead the dormant AI of the ship core assumes total control and goes full OVERDRIVE
the ship sprouts wings of energy, whereas the bar representing your shield energy goes aaaaaaaaaaalll the way beyond the edges of the screen because your energy is fucking infinite now
the boss instead decides to leg it, as you pursue the boss you face the same enemy waves you faced earlier but because you are powered up they go down with much more ease
you hunt down the boss and kill it with ease, a brief interlude then describes how the ship has hunted down 12 of the 13 alien machines which have been causing havoc, but that in the process you have been completely fucking up the earth
the final boss is you hunting down the last machine, but two ships which are the exact same as the player ship in the previous game of this series join the fight in order to get you two to stop fighting and fucking up the Earth even more, while at the same time a remixed theme of the first stage of the previous game plays
the ships have the same abilities as the player ships of the previous game, but they don't stand a chance against either you or the alien machine
Words cannot describe how hype this is

Noah Reed
Noah Reed

I felt like meeting the supposed god was more of a turning point. Forgot his name? Nasomethingsomething

Not plenty iirc. Just notes here and there about shipment and vague experimentation.

Isaac Jones
Isaac Jones

blitzed for what's likely the first time in the game
He pussied out on Takeda blitz on his first play
This guy on Rance 4 is a holy shit moment too. You're forced to run away from every encounter because he can't be hurt, even during the final battle.

Attached: Dio-Calmis-Fighting-Stance.png (14.98 KB, 352x288)

Adam Hernandez
Adam Hernandez

It was of course hinted that Constantine wasn't the most normal fellow, but this was fucking crazy way back when.

William Morgan
William Morgan

Thief has to be the best game at combining great narrative with great gameplay.

Ayden Thomas
Ayden Thomas

Repelling THE BLITZ on my first playthrough without prior knowledge was probably one of the most satisfying things I've done in a game.

Colton Cruz
Colton Cruz

When I first began playing as Richter in Hotline Miami 2. Considering I killed him in the first game, that made seeing the situation he's in hurt more than it should.

Also, No, it wasn't me, it can't be… Th-this is all a misunderstanding!

Attached: Richter4.png (4.5 KB, 510x590)
Attached: Inquisitive-Garcian.jpg (9.95 KB, 480x360)

Juan Gray
Juan Gray

Your mentor, who gave you the time travel book and who trained you and put your squad on your command is actually you from the future who went insane due to overusing the book and losing his sense of self in time. He gave you this weapon only to close the time loop of having it in the first place.
You fight him as the final boss, because to end this tragic circle he devised a way to kill you outside of time, in historia, which will not affect his own past.

Attached: 7-SS-005[1].png (49.3 KB, 512x384)
Attached: RH-20101210-03-zpsa3b44a05.jpg (279.64 KB, 1000x950)
Attached: Heiss.png (183.46 KB, 236x649)

Gabriel Clark
Gabriel Clark

Considering I killed him in the first game
That actually never happens. Jacket stops choking the shit out of him just before he dies. He actually has a change of heart about the whole thing. Fascinating really.

John Mitchell
John Mitchell

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (68.84 KB, 207x253)

Jose Brown
Jose Brown

custom robo
Loved that shit, always thought it was weird but never thought there would be a reason for it.
huge
hits like a truck
massive swings
then he gets angry
No, nothing can

I have to say the final bose of armored core: Verdict day, I hated the game but when you realize what the final boss is, its hype as fuck.

Cooper Diaz
Cooper Diaz

Hold on…
Wasn't Heiss Stocke's uncle?
You know, with Stocke actually being Ernst, Eruca's brother, the one chosen from Granorg's royal family to be sacrificed for the sake of the world, but gets kidnaped by Heiss while he's still too young to remember to give him a new chance in life, but dooms the world in the process
It's entirely possible I'm remembering this wrong, but I'm fairly certain that's how the story went.

Hunty sends her regards.

Angel Bennett
Angel Bennett

My last "Holy Shit" moment was the Train Rush section in A Hat in Time. Fucking insanity was that level and I loved every minute of it.

Aiden Russell
Aiden Russell

I won't spoil any of it but the finale of Hellsinker is something everyone should experience personally after getting their themselves. The game transcends itself.

Attached: Hellsinker-logo.png (119.42 KB, 640x480)

Gabriel Hernandez
Gabriel Hernandez

Raiden, turn the game console off right now! The mission is a failure. Cut the power right now!

Attached: 1509647580990.jpg (250.52 KB, 800x1000)

Gabriel Flores
Gabriel Flores

Hideo Kojima is a genius to write such deep thought on politics.

Gabriel Butler
Gabriel Butler

ASSFAGGOTS

Attached: no.png (25.55 KB, 118x118)

Josiah Phillips
Josiah Phillips

Because he stops choking him and the color returns to Richter's face. Also because he's still alive in Hotline Miami 2. There's actually no way to kill him in the first game, the implied death was a mistake on the part of the players.

Wyatt Moore
Wyatt Moore

When you switch from the Human to Cybrid campaign in Starsiege
uhhh orbital control, what's with this meteor shower? orbital control? Damn solar flares

Attached: 1423784521487.png (31.93 KB, 330x328)

Cameron Watson
Cameron Watson

Attached: 1424841418645.jpg (16.08 KB, 255x255)

Julian Robinson
Julian Robinson

<he actually likes Kojimbo

Attached: 84be732cd323470e900ca9c94abf1ed2333c3a3ab4469b489b2f4a3b25eddbe2.png (64.11 KB, 400x400)

Joshua White
Joshua White

<he lacks reading comprehension

Jordan Jackson
Jordan Jackson

<he actually likes Kojimbo, too

Attached: ayyyyy.jpg (9.6 KB, 255x185)

Luis Lopez
Luis Lopez

You like Kojimbo

Brody Ward
Brody Ward

not liking BASED vavra
you guys bought my game, right?

Attached: vaniel-davra.jpg (223.47 KB, 1280x720)

Caleb Butler
Caleb Butler

*That one other writer who did everything of value pre-MGS4 is a genius to write such deep thought on politics.

But I think you knew I would post that.

Attached: yuu2.png (162.87 KB, 641x471)

Nathan Taylor
Nathan Taylor

Yes, it was his uncle.
In addition to that, the uncle has used his Black Chronicle multiple times, changing his appearance over time so naturally he wouldn't look like he would be related to Granorg royal family.

William Rogers
William Rogers

<he lacks even more reading comprehension

Attached: d279d2884079b3136c9d418a50c31953b31de022d57ed968e519474b674b0630.gif (552.46 KB, 785x719)

Brandon Jones
Brandon Jones

When one user responds to a sarcastic post with a bait image, how should I interpret?

Attached: fuck-you-nigger-imma-do-it-anyways.jpg (228.37 KB, 906x399)

Jackson Anderson
Jackson Anderson

Allow me to translate both anons' thoughts behind their post:
<eheheh I'll say something stupid and pretend to believe it, I bet this will rustle someone's jimmies fuck you nigger this bait is as shit as kojimbo
And then you come in thinking the second user likes Kojima, because you're either illiterate or have legitimate brain damage.

Parker Bennett
Parker Bennett

Have people forgotten what sarcasm is?

Adrian Morales
Adrian Morales

fuck you nigger this bait is as shit as kojimbo
Now you're putting your own interpretation over it. My interpretation isn't any less valid than yours.

Carter White
Carter White

My interpretation isn't any less valid than yours
Except for the part where yours doesn't make any sense.

Chase Martin
Chase Martin

user leaves a clearly sarcastic remark, the implication being he thinks Kojima isn't a good writer
second user sees it, knows it's sarcasm, but because he disagrees with user leaves a bait image

Noah Sullivan
Noah Sullivan

Yes it is.

Gabriel Richardson
Gabriel Richardson

Glad you cleared up this miscommunication, user. Now I can get on with my morning.

Julian Green
Julian Green

What exactly do you think bait is you double nigger? Do you think those fags who reply to TORposters with "wow those ID dubs" are not being sarcastic while baiting?
I'm sincerely beginning to hope you're (failing at) baiting with this entire conversation as well, because otherwise I fear for your ability to continue breathing without machine assistance.

Carson Hall
Carson Hall

Do you think those fags who reply to TORposters with "wow those ID dubs" are not being sarcastic while baiting?
Do you legitimately believe everybody on here is sincerely just trying to bait one another all the time

Julian White
Julian White

this moment when playing this level in EDF. when you see the radar but see no enemies, then your first rocket blast into the void reveals a shitload of ants. i wish i had a better video with more suspense, but i could only find this guy playing on easy… so there was never any danger.

being this new.

Attached: EDF---The-enemy-is-right-infront-of-us.webm (6.1 MB, 1280x720)

Thomas Young
Thomas Young

didn't you get the memo user? they're all merely pretending. none of them are actual newfags and retards. and we absolutely never get any legitimate shills here either.

Justin King
Justin King

I find it how fascinating a thread goes to shit the moment Kojima is brought up.

Justin Adams
Justin Adams

It'll pass.

Josiah Hall
Josiah Hall

Complaining about spoilers
/cuckchan/index.html

Brody Morgan
Brody Morgan

Especially for old ass games from the PS1-2 era. I have to have a laugh at people who get spoilered about games they should have long since played and beaten.

Mason Gonzalez
Mason Gonzalez

This, if you haven't already played the classics you deserve to get spoiled.

Ethan Martinez
Ethan Martinez

Pic related was pretty crazy back in the day

Attached: 1-image002.png (22 KB, 512x448)

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit