Say what you want about Steam as a whole but can we admit that it's review system is likely the best and most...

Say what you want about Steam as a whole but can we admit that it's review system is likely the best and most trustworthy place to see if a videogame is shit or not?

Attached: steam_reviews_changes_1-600x297[1].png (600x297, 163.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, fuck you. Steam is filled with retards and reviews are treated like comment sections where shitty memes and garbage opinions are touted as some of the most worthwhile contributions to the page. The forums aren't much better. Now, I'll be charitable and say that there are some decent reviews, but they're a drop in the bucket when compared with the metric ton of shit that exists in the review section of every game as a whole.

__ no __

Nah, Steam is the platform for the average bottom feeder.

Attached: the absolute PC gamer.jpg (1174x2300, 548.83K)

Yet it's review average score is almost always right on the money.
Definitely more true to a games real quality than metacritic.

Attached: ss (2015-11-17 at 07.25.01).png (606x292 67.07 KB, 60.57K)

The guys youtube channel ain't half bad tbh

Attached: laughing irkans.jpg (640x480, 46.83K)

Garbage like PUBG and GTA5 had very positive reviews for years.
Go fuck yourself

No, its not

The goodest of goys.

False retard. PUBG has a 44% review.

Agreed that most of the reviews are trash, meme-spouting shit for retards. You should never trust a review from anyone.

God damn. I don't even want to know what mine is.

Name a better one.

fag metacritic user scores are pretty much the same as steam scores in terms of accuracy

Holla Forums

I sincerely hope you're joking.

Attached: Beavis & Butthead laugh.mp4 (480x480, 1003.6K)

I wish I was, reviews are so god damn retarded getting an opinion from shitposters is more accurate.

perfection

you fags are probably the same kind of people you bitch about in the steam reviews, I find plenty of good reviews and recommendations about games from anons here all the time

Most of them are recent. A few months before now it sat at very positive. You would know this if you weren't a brain dead retard who can't even read graphs.

Prove it. Either way it's at a more accurate score than what online reviewers are giving it. You still can't name me a better alternative.

It depends where. If it's a small general thread that no one gives a fuck about you'll get a decent answer, but any game that's mainstream or in the news, all bets are off and you'll get nothing but meme spewing.

Attached: 1444050375320.jpg (400x400, 67.98K)

Namefaggotry. Only anonymity lets you tell the whole truth, because there's no reason to lie. Also you know most of those are teens trying to make the next big maymay.

You said they were positive for years. PUBG was positive for six months and has been mixed for six months.

if its a game that's getting popular in the mainstream, the main litmus test I use is that if there are still threads getting discussion a week or longer after its been released because 90+% of the shills on either side will have left
Usually that means a game is good enough to actually play and you can form your own opinion after doing so.

again fag, steam is no better than metacritic
stop relying on shit review sites, there will always be detailed reviews and shit reviews, and Steam is overflowing with shit all the time and the amount of shit you have to sift through is getting worse
Unfortunately GoG's review system is shit, 2k character limit isn't even 10 tweets, but Steam has no quality control on their reviews either.
The % positive is usually a better indicator, but not always, of whether a game is worth playing
don't use Steam though, its cancer and you contribute to an unethical, powerful and evil company every second you use it, even if you don't even buy shit from it.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (796x417, 77.25K)

What are you talking about?
People lie on the internet all the time, and shills are rampant. There's plenty of reasons to lie as an user: to bait, to shill, for laughs, or if you want to waste people's time and money (though for something as minor as a game, that's going to be seen less often)
there's a reason that the baxter webM makes the rounds so often on imageboards, people lie all the fucking time on here
the main distinction of a good post that likely isn't lying is the quality of it.

The only games I ever play are those recommended by anons on Holla Forums. I have very poor and unstable connection were I regularly go 2-3 weeks without the internet so I have to be careful on what games I download and install. I have yet to be let down and disappointed by a game from user.

You must be pretty easy to please.

Attached: cf30db995c12609aa4e2964d084a9f1021c99051957e2bcf04cd6213d1ba0bd7.png (512x640, 418.03K)

Yes it is. Metacritic is filled with horrible consolefags.

Sweet rig!

guys, i'm in an odd position where i have to get a steam account soon.
is there anything i have to look out for?
i normally just pirate

Attached: rockin jelly bean (2)

Learn to read graphs on your shitty platform steamgoy

As if steamfags are any better with their built in lootboxes and early access dick sucking

For what actual fucking purpose?

Great no argument user. Show me where it had positive upvotes for years.

Not really anons are very frank and can be brutally critical of games, especially the ones they like. So I always know what bullshit and negatives to expect and from my personal tastes and past experiences I can weigh everything together and decided if it'll be worth my time. So I always have a good idea of what I'm heading for. I'm not saying every game I've played was amazing but I always know what to expect so I'm never disappointed. Knowledge is half the battle.

You don't think cocksuckers on steam don't own consoles either?
Steam is full of normalfags now, the PC mustard race meme has been dead since 2014.
Are you literally forgetting Steam released their own console?
Fucking kill yourself, Steamfags are not any better than metacriticfags, and the fact that you care at all makes me wonder why it matters to begin with when both are cancer

yes and no, but mostly yes, if you read top negative reviews you get a 90% accurate view
of course, ideally shilling advertising memeing reviews etc should be deported but we cant have it all

no, steam does not respect your freedoms, and posting a review there supports their unethical software

That literally has nothing to do with the accuracy of their reviews.

Granted it might be less shit now but shit, faggot, people were renting out their trade/idlebots out for reviews for literally years.

Attached: 2-34707234-23.jpg (464x650, 37.37K)

I bet you'd say the same thing about journalist-created reviews, kill yourself

99.9 percent of video games are proprietary software. Why are you on this board?

That doesn't have anything to do with the revews

>>>/reddit/

Speak English you subhuman

I WILL FIND YOUR ASS AND RIP OUT YOUR GUTS FROM YOUR THROAT FOR POSTING THAT AGAIN

99.9 percent of video games are absolute garbage that aren't worth even pirating, but games do not generally suggest you run them 24/7 so they can spy on your activities and sell your data for profit, while steam does. It's the default option on installation, and steam remains open after a game has launched it even if the autostart has been disabled. When the game has exited, it must be manually closed. This is not unintentional behavior or a technical limitation.

There's only one review site you can trust.
It's Holla Forums threads of said game 3 months after release.

whatever you, weirdo

Attached: CJ-GTASA.png (402x516, 180.03K)

Some of the reviews are gems and really tell you what the game is good, mediocre, or bad. Makes me a bit envious that I can't be descriptive like that. But like gems that are buried, you have to wade through the shit, memes, and I don't know what else, just to find some good reviews.

No, go to store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC and tell me if you seriously think that half of the games there deserved to have "overwhelmingly positive" as their score.

Want to know a good review system? play the game yourself.

Attached: 1154154.png (487x410, 164.83K)

found a lost friend.
seems to be the only mode of contact

and that's the shit i forgot about
guess i'll just make an account to send a message, no harm in that - right?

Attached: Fernando Caretta 0.jpg (525x750, 271.36K)

Oh, dear, upset again?

Attached: 843109283409182399asdy9asy7d987.jpg (464x650, 88.57K)

Are you talking like the client is still running? The thing that does, you know, other things besides being a game launcher?

Barely anyone here actually plays games though, especially since like November 2015

The game may be shit?
Pirate it and see for yourself.
The game may be good?
Pirate it and see for yourself.
The game is definitively good, and worth buying?
Pirate it anyways, and never give money to soon-to-be greedy studios and companies.

Not quite, Valve can twist the system to hide negative reviews or obscure them.

Some games that I've pirated like King of Fighters 13, Deep Rock Galactic, and Vermintide require you to have steam installed and open for you to play. You don't have to spend money, but you can if you want to.

It's like Valve games are flawless

Attached: tf2 horsehit awards.png (540x304 216.3 KB, 56.07K)

2hours is more then enough to get the gist of how enjoyable a game is
dont even need to pirate things anymore

Back to cuckchan

Had to, the other guy didn't show up.

why does one thing say 93% completion rate but the other say 99% not played?

he completed 93% of the ones he did play, I guess

that'd be 45/48 games…..

i don't trust the word of anyone i don't know personally. be it user, eceleb, or some random on a forum somewhere.
for someone's review on a game or anything else to mean anything to you, you have to know what they do and don't like in games. use that knowledge, apply your own preferences. and if the list of things some random fuck likes matches up with the things you like (or is close enough), and both of your dislikes are about the same, and the rando says he likes a certain vidya game. you may actually like that vidya game.
at this point i usually look at gameplay and stills, and if it still looks good and assuming you can afford to buy it, pirate it to try it out. if you can't or don't want to pay, just pirate it anyway though, use your own discretion

that's how you get into video games (and most other material goods)

Reviews from almost every source are bad. I have never ever trusted reviews and I have listened to word of mouth myself more often than I have glanced at some faggot's detailed description of the colors used to justify why a game thats buggy as fuck and has broken mechanics should even be looked at.

I trust Holla Forums more than not due to its constant ability to call games out for their shittiness. They helped people stay away from tortanic, showed how sjw tripwire is and probably saved more money for people than not. Kinda sad that i would read a random faggot's 3 sentence post about whats actually wrong than a detailed page of someone sucking a devs cock but thats how I see it. We arent paid and those who are ususally get sniffed out easily because companies are too jewish to actually buy out Holla Forums users. We actually would rather play good games than sell out.

I only ever look at negative reviews so it works for me. They are less likely to be shills, and seeing criticisms about topics I care about makes things easier. It's also seems obvious to me when the negative reviewers are retards who don't know what they are talking about.

Cuckchan plays games, it's just that they play shit games.

Attached: 974.png (461x536, 387.71K)

Go back to cuckchan faggot.

No, fuck off. I use Holla Forums as my review system.

So every game after 2004?

Who gives a shit about reviews? If I want to know if something is good I pirate it, if it's 7 trillion terabytes because it has uncompressed textures and audio in 78 languages of uncompressed .wav files it's shit by default and I don't need to bother.

Attached: 8b8880b14c3310a0d61b910a32c4fb042b30f795b9a076df4a9512f458a9b179.jpg (680x419, 24.08K)

You can't seriously be this retarded

Attached: mfw.png (493x276, 32.84K)

iktf breh,i take a look around every time there is a gamenight and the only thing i see isoh wait:^)

probably a good idea to add 4 years or so to that estimation

At least I don't have to run their spyware client.

I can't even fathom what's going on anymore

Fuck off, shill.

Attached: This is not a plant.png (425x367, 131.08K)

Nigger look around, any time there's a thread that (Roughly other than the OP or some exceptions like splatoon threads where they're actually playing the game) you either get
- Very basic and safe supportive things said about a game that you could probably read somewhere else
- Very basic contrarianism to a game deemed unacceptable to Holla Forums culture or alternatively
- Points other people have posted with the syntax nearly the same
I've been here for like 4 fucking years, and this shit has been slowly growing since 2015.

Gamenights are the exception, not the rule.

Nigger how big do you think Holla Forums is?
A lot of people have already finished the games being discussed in a thread, especially if they're single player ones. I'm someone who posts progress of me playing a game though in the relevant thread for it (2 recent examples for me would be trails in the sky and Nep re;birth 1) and I see others doing the same as well.
You are literally just pushing a shit meme like a whiny faggot, hell Friday night threads alone already prove your point wrong

If your friend uses steam don't bother.

Nope.

My opinion>the rest of the universe.

I do my own research detached from the gaming community, perk of being an antisocial faggot I guess.

Attached: Zero.no.Kiseki.full.880631.jpg (700x653, 190.31K)

If you can't see the flaws in the steam review system then there's no hope for you.

This is actually better than I expected. I thought the public at large would continue eating shit and calling each other racist for wanting to ban Chinese players, but apparently that's not the case.

Attached: pbg.PNG (974x561, 939.46K)

Steam being shit was an old goon tactic that is just spewed out by newfags and consolefags.

Attached: 1eb78f5374e83d8da827418c53cc067f2f5cec4977246454f5.jpg (1280x861, 295.73K)

Anti-Steam sentiment came out from paid mods and turning video games into a platform for lootbox, microtransactions, and speculation.

no, fuck off

Attached: Very Positive.webm (1258x922, 7.91M)

Fuck off back to reddit, you high-horse normalfags. I bet you literally only got into PC gaming to impress your buttpals with le 60 fps meme. PC gaming good goys with no standards beyond graphics are no better than nu-consolefags.

Attached: roll a class.jpg (3154x2493, 587.99K)

Goons are used to being wallet fucked, so they probably know it when they see it.

Rollan

If you have to buy anything, buy online multiplayer games you know you will play with your friend. Don't buy shit brand new, always wait for the GOTY edition. Check out the Free To Play section as well as the Mods section/tags for some decent Source mods and such, just don't get addicted. If a game has a lot of additional content to download ( like PAYDAY 2 for example) be aware that if you don't have ALL of the content you will most likely be automatically kicked from servers when a map changes to something outside of base game. Do not spend more than $20 on a video game. Do not buy shit you don't need. Do not buy shit you think you might want to play. Do not buy shit simply because it's cheap.
I hope you and your friend have some fun with vidya coop, but for the love of god, get an IRC plug-in for Firefox or something, don't repeat the same mistake I've been doing for the past 11 years.

Attached: killmepete.JPG (951x917, 183.31K)

No, that shit game from garbage companies that used Steam as a platform.

Relax kid, PC fags exist too and of course Steam is flooded with them. BUT if you know your shit, Steam is Chaotic Neutral.
NO YOU GO BACK TO REDDIT HAHAHA GET IT

Attached: 54dcc7f616e7d1c33827b0dd4be33d13545806ce02b887f34658630fcdbb92484.jpg (530x424, 187.46K)

Don't feel too bad user

Attached: KXGG4B6Qzsyy_vivaldi_2018-03-15_23-47-33.png (1060x337 160 KB, 357.38K)

So you're one of those shills that always say "lol just ignore steam and pirate" whenever someone criticises valve or PC gaming.

Sadly there isn't really a better alternative. GoG is eh at best but its mostly old vidya (that in the majority money doesn't even go to the original developers). If I like the game and developer I'll buy it, otherwise pirate.

Too bad there's no real alternative to Steam. I would buy directly from the developer if I could.

Oh how I remember everyone swore they would never use it. Yes I remember.

Attached: hqdefault(32).jpg (480x360, 9.64K)

No.

Attached: 80% positive,no lie.webm (940x529, 7.45M)

goddamn, I'd never thought I'd see this cancer again, I thought all the valvedrones were chased off but I guess not

I've been committed to avoiding using Steam for the past 2 years fag. Sticking with GoG, Itch.io, DLsite and whatever else I could find, if I have to get something on Steam I will either pirate it, or if I need a legitimate copy (like in the case of nu-COM for the long war mod) I'll use something like G2A.
Fuck Steam and fuck Valve

Attached: Pittsburgh_Pirates_Laughing_Logo_('68_-_'86_logo).mp4 (854x476, 696.25K)

How often do you find a Steam review critical of a game having Steam DRM? Not too often I imagine.

Attached: Slavery.jpg (350x350, 11.91K)

Have you never been to a Steam Key thread?

Meh. Giveaways and gifting threads are full of that shit. It feels like cuckchan always comes out when one of those threads are up.
A shame

They do trust me. There was a debate that the hotpockets had to remove because people were shitting on steam while others were sharing links to some of the torrents to the games people were gifting and the steamfags couldn't handle it.