EDF thread

Let's have a good old EDF thread
Did you import the game?
Are you enjoying it?
Or are you waiting for the western/PC version of the game?

In EDF related news, that Wing Diver SHMUP has been rated for PC on the Taiwan Game Software Rating Board.
archive.is/ef6PC
And the Starship Troopers X EDF collab video has been translated by D3 themselves.
hooktube.com/watch?v=H4Hpqf2MfGo

Attached: EDF Elt.jpg (847x1200, 133.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
www2.atwiki.jp/edf41/
www65.atwiki.jp/edf5/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know that this series is anything but serious but damn, that Starship Troopers trailer was painful to watch.

Pretty much that, and even if I had a PS4 I would pirate, buying it as soon as it gets a PC release though

Nice, getting that shit as soon as it lands.

The kikes at Sony keep pumping out these low effort Japanese CGI animations instead of doing anything with the rights of it.
Apparently they sell decently in Japan

Playing through EDF 4.1 when I'm board. I love this series, its like they ask themselves, hey you know what would be cool? And then they do it. I hope that 5 comes out for PC soon.

board?
Also the Fencer is not supposed to be a dyke. She is supposed to be cute and have a Japanese shirt hair cut. Not western dyke shit.

Bored, god dammit. I'll take my bully now. I thought that was just a girly looking dude.

When's 5?

in the West, 4-5 months give or take
It's been out in Japan since December though

I've been trying to get into EDF for a while now, would you recommend starting by anything specific or can I just go down the release date list?

As long as it's not Insect Armageddon you're good., the 2 remake on VITA if you have the ability to OC it or 4.1 on PC are probably the two ones with the less brutal framedrops if it's a factor to you don't expect smooth 60fps either.

Thanks bud.

Attached: fucking dreams how do they work.PNG (795x478, 169.57K)

If you play 4.1, play on hard or hardest. You don't get any of the fun weapons on normal.

WHERE'S THE FUCKING ENGLISH VERSION SANDLOT?
WHERE IS IT???
I GOT MYSELF A NO-GAMES STATION 4 JUST SO I CAN PLAY THIS AND BLOODBORNE

Not knowing moonrunes is a suffering, i also can't watch one of my favorite animu's endings because of this

Attached: Livid King Crimson.jpg (600x600, 32.31K)

This is the best way to play EDF. Hard forces you to get good enough or learn a class you like fast enough to get good with the first few levels, then ramps up the difficulty and expects some skill with positioning and movement and DPS racing the enemy spawns. Hardest is that ramped way up. Inferno I actually find easier than Hardest if I have the weapons for it on most missions; it's the speed bonus the enemies get that's tough to deal with.

So you didn't get 4.1 dirt cheap on PC where the multiplayer is the price you pay for your internet user?

Bump

I will not give up until I learn how to drive the SDL1 Bike underground

EDF2 V2 is the best portable EDF (japanese version has an online community still alive, but separated from the world due of 1.01 patch)
EDF3 Portable (prequel of edf4) is nice and easy to complete, though it suffers more framerates issues than V2
EDF 4.1 was a blast on PC
EDF 5 is definitively the best EDF game, even if it suffers a lot of framerate hiccups on PS4, plus the shitty pay4online. Shared loot on armors and weapons, and many other improvements, make it hard to go back to EDF 4.1

Attached: the edf deploys.png (1369x972, 3.58M)

Did they really go there?

I want to cuddle the giant incests.

That's heresy

On PC? You need to tap W like a PWM until you're up to speed. It's fucking hard when you're focused on ants and spiders, but not too bad otherwise.
With a controller, just ease the throttle slowly.

Keyboard, yeah. I can drive it on the surface missions relatively easy but it's the walls underground that get me. Can't seem to turn in time

For what purpose?

Attached: Anon cross arms.png (376x362, 53.34K)

Bomb bikes. The best kind.

Attached: EDF5 bike.mp4 (640x360, 5.67M)

Attached: FACK.jpg (286x250, 17.95K)

The new CGI movie aside from the cringy characters, are actually pretty decent. It was written by Ed Neumeier, the writer of the first SST and Robocop

Every ST movie had a screenplay by Ed user, doesn't mean they are any good.

He didn't write the 4th movie

Attached: Yes he did.JPG (505x284, 26K)

Can you count?

Forgot Invasion, you're right, he was the executive producer in that one.
they're still all shit and only the first one is actually good, every single one of them bastardizes the novel though

EDF5

Can't pick just one. One of the great things about this series is that even the weapons that are impractical to use from a gameplay standpoint are still fun as fuck.

Nyx grenadier. Sniping primer ships from half a mile away is fun, but doing it in a mech never gets old.

EDF5 level 100. I've never seen a clusterfuck of that magnitude in a video game before, and in a completely open area like that, there's no way to cheese it, which forces you to get good or die.

AYY LMAOs from EDF5. They're smart, don't go down easy, and make funny sounds, which are apparently just EDF trooper voice clips from previous games played backwards and highly distorted. Totally Not Anguirus is fun to fight, too.

Wing diver, hands down.

Fuck yes.

See above.

This is so true. I was playing EDF3P just yesterday, and it made me realize how much fun it is to play whatever class I'm in the mood for and still get shit for the other classes. This goes double for not losing everything when you die on a difficulty below inferno. It makes the grind much more tolerable.

Attached: 31f817cdd8a81bd72e4f420871193947d806a97dd6d1778bab5b6db7f8413f25.jpg (800x1030, 492.43K)

I still remember when I commissioned that pic to Eltonel. Good times.

4.1 for now
Master Rapier
BMX10 Proteus
City Maps, all of them.
The Really Big ones,
Pic Related.

Attached: 4304959598906072165.jpg (1200x1200, 193.04K)

:^)

Attached: Hector MK2.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

Amazing.

C-can you aim that? Or is it always straight up?

Either way, that's amazing.

Attached: 1431362656058.gif (500x282, 894.19K)

Attached: bonerific.PNG (551x414, 255.16K)

I uh. I'm aroused.

imagine missing out on this because you're too poor

Most people who miss out on it are just too stupid, thinking moonrunes will give them turbo-cancer or something.

What are some fun things to do in EDF like >14491526 webm related?

no bully

It's uploaded to the vola still.

Hopefully they surprise us with a NOW during this month's stream. I really wanna know what the new weapons are.

Anyone have a list for weapons drops in 4.1?

weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
www2.atwiki.jp/edf41/
While I'm at it, here is 5's wiki too
www65.atwiki.jp/edf5/

Attached: 962532426319712256_962532426319712256.mp4 (1280x720, 7.59M)

I'll take 20!

Attached: 5aaf4e8d7736d.jpg (400x247 64.44 KB, 64.81K)