SMASH SOMETHING THREAD

SMASH SOMETHING THREAD
JAPAN TIME 3 IS HERE
HYPE TRAIN edition

MIA

Besides Character Rosters, what kind of items, stages, and assist trophies would you like to see?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/B641Y
rebrn.com/re/chris-pranger-fired-from-nintendo-because-of-his-guest-appearanc-525007/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A good thread.

Like…Its not evenanything good to speculate

Its literally a teaser trailer…

PATRICIAN TIER

People who ask for balance in villain representation Masked Man, K. Rool, etc
People asking for other nintendo reps to get their deserved attention: Advanced Wars, Golden Sun, Custom Robo
Characters that would simply be a good addition to the roster gameplaywise
Third Parties that are iconic in gaming history and go well with Smash/nintendo
Wanting more content for both online and single player, with more customization for online and more crazy modes to play and enjoy the game.
Wanting characters that are secret like Mewtwo in Melee where the conditions are cryptic. Wanting the future DLC characters to not be stated how to get them and having fun figuring out how to get them by playing the game. They don't even tell you when an update happened.
Stages that are fun and balanced to play outside of "Final destination" version of the stage.
Wanting stages with easter eggs, love letter to fans, and cameos of other characters.

COOL TIER

Wanting characters that would be a good addition and good and nintendo related, representation of IPs aside
Wanting more Reps from already represented IPs, but the characters are cool.
3rd Rep of an already represented IP, but the character is a fan favorite that would shine gameplaywise
Wanting characters with unique movesets that bring something fresh (Polearm users, whip users, etc)
Third Parties that are iconic
Wanting a cool Story mode that has replay ability and challenge
Wanting something like Brawl's stickers or Smash 4's equipment parts for a single player experience that challenges you to use the equipment/stickers creatively to pass the stages.
Wanting a 1-4 player single player campaign like a fast paced Kirby Super Star, except actually fun, with bosses actually being enemies from Nintendo Ips and not OCs,
and not Floaty or boring like Brawl's SSE
Wanting Trophy Easter Eggs like in Melee

OK TIER

Nintendo IPs that have yet to be represented in Smash, their IP is nothing special but the character is cool
Third Parties that are ok, but could work
4th or above character of an already represented IP, but the character would shine gameplaywise
Characters that have slim chances to enter, but they'd fit right in
Wanting 2nd Character from Third Party Rep Guest that is a Veteran that is iconic
Wanting Adventure mode back

MEH TIER

Nintendo IPs that have yet to be represented in Smash, but their IP is whatever
People wanting more Reps from an already well represented IP
Yet another character of an already oversaturated IP (Fire Emblem, Pokemon) and they wouldn't really shine (yet another sword user)
Wanting gimmicky characters that are different, but doesn't mean it fits with smash, it's good, the meta, balanced or they're simply not fun to play/play against.
Semi-clones, but they're like Ryu to ken and their gameplay is completely different
Characters have slim chances to enter, but hey with Sakurai's touch they could work
Wanting 2nd Character from Third Party Rep Guest that is a Veteran
Wanting Subspace emissary back

DELLUSIONAL TIER

Anything that simply won't happen
Semi-Clones and clones gameplay wise.
Wanting more sword users that bring nothing new to the table
DEAD IN THE WATER IP that only hipster faggots care about and the character wouldn't even fit gameplaywise
Ridley
Goku or any retarded anime choice
Characters that simply won't happen due licencing issues
Anything from Pachinkonami (won't happen)
Wanting 2nd character from Third Party Rep Guest
Wanting stages that don't have ends on the sides where you can cheese the enemy by camping on the sides
Wanting meme stages with annoying hazards
Wanting an anime-tier single player storyline

So the previous thread was deleted after 300 a bit less than 24 hours ago (on the suggestion that it wouldn't take hours getting to page 13 and prevent a new thread) and just now the new thread pops up? Not a good tradeoff at all.

It's called Smashed Something because it has no official title yet, not because I'm being low effort.
Faggots, the lot of you.

previous OP should've made a thread, tbh. He's the only one who knows, or knows first, when he deletes the thread.

Attached: 00000001.jpg (800x500, 88.94K)

WONDER RED EVERY THREAD

holy shit I just realized, they will probably use Star Fox Zero Star Fox design
Does this mean we'll see Metroid Prime 4 Samus design?
We already know it's BOTW Link.
Will F.L.U.D.D still linger on Mario's repertoire?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1024x1458, 2.46M)

It's not gonna happen, user.
If Wonderful 101 had a sequel I'd say yes. He'll probably appear in collectable trophies, but I don't see wonder red. The game was a commercial failure.
At least Issac has a slimmer of hope because he was an assist trophy, same with Sin & punishment rep, but they're merely 1 above wonder red and still unlikely
You're gonna have your ARMS, splatoon inkling and Rex&Pyra and you're gonna like it.

Attached: 120px-The_fun_stops_here.png (120x119, 21.39K)

>Series I want to see characters from are Eternal Darkness, The Wonderful 101, Sin & Punishment, Hotel Dusk, and Custom Robo

Attached: 04.jpg (449x449, 48.68K)

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Solaire is gonna be in smash

NO KRYSTAL NO BUY

Patrician tastes user, but considering Eternal Darkness is a (1) and done, Wonderful101 being a commercial failure, Hotel Dusk being Trophy collection tier, they're unlikely to happen
Custom robo has a very slight chance of being considered, just like issac or Saki though.

You forgot

All I want are a lot more stages, including all the ones from previous games, and a lot more characters. That's it.

So anyway, here are my predictions.
>Flynn or Jack Frost (SMTV is too far away for its protagonist to be in. Ideally it would be Demi-fiend or Dagda but I don't see that happening.

At best, we get a Solaire collection trophy.

Most people care primarily on characters, then stages and music. Items and assist trophies are secondary.
It would be really cool if they just dumped all stages of all smashes into their newest iteration every time.

Krystal would be a better than bringing Wolf back because she's not a semi-clone and would have a unique moveset.

user how the fuck would they put a DaS character in smash all the while respecting the spirit of the game I just don't see it. They'd have to make it more kid friendly and it would not be the same gameplay spirit as in its original games. remember sakurai wants the characters to feel like you're playing their actual games or have the same animation and respect for their design. It's not gonna happen knowing sakurai.
Also Rex with Pyra is gonna be like Roslina and Luma

I've made my peace with the unfortunate fact that we're never getting another Wave Race game, but for fuck's sake can I at least get a stage in Smash?

Why does Kid Icurus have 3 characters 2 unique + clone + # of assist trophies have this much representation while we won't get a another installment until another 40 years? I would fucking die for a sequel, I want Phosphora character and remove Dark Pit if it means we get a sequel to the game.

An assist Trophy with the Wave Race Racers would be fitting.

Sakurai is biased towards his own IPs or IPs he has worked on (Kirby, Kid Icarus)

Thinking again, Dream Land 1 had a stage which was pretty cool and retro. I could see some n64 or what not shout out stages coming from sakurai. You never fucking know what he's gonna add so that's part of the fun

I think solaire is going to be in smash because he has an amiibo now

They said the exact same thing about Bayonetta. And you're talking as though Solaire wasn't goofy as fuck even in the source material. Sunlight bug excepted

Japan Time is not here, dickhead. That only kicks in when we start getting daily updates. There's nothing to discuss other than people's wants.

I wanna play as someone with really big tits and has giant punching moves. I'd also like a crawl/morphball mode for Samus along with crazier shit to do with her tether grab.

Maybe a crawl for Ness would be cool too, he can do an army crawl or something

come on

Requesting drawfag to make a Krystal edit of NO MARIE NO BUY to spam every japan time thread

Attached: no marie no buy.gif (400x225, 781K)

What are the chances any 3rd party characters aren't shit? I can only expect a rabid or crash. Don't know which company will give Nintendo cash to put their shitty person in, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

I don't want Crash because I want a good OST to come with the third part guest
Simon Belmont
Jack Frost

SHIT TIER
Everything in your post

So you want a giantess? maybe something out of Mario & luigi. Cackletta infused within bowser?

This is not a wishlist, this is an "I expect" list.

Too big. Maybe just a female Ganondorf would be cool, like one of the female gerudos in BotW.

Let's dig deeper here. What are the options to pick from that could have a creative moveset?
Also your expected list is pretty accurate. I can see him adding bandana dee. I hope he at least has the decency to remove Dark Pit or make him a skin if he's gonna add another Kid Icarus Rep
Sadly this might happen considering ubisoft sucks nintendo's dick and they would beg them to put him in.

What about Amazon from Vanillaware's Dragon's Crown

At the same time it would be awful because that means aknowledging Krystal's existence
I rather them stick with Fox and Falco and maybe add in anybody else as assists or stage assets. If anything I'd want them to radically change up Fox and Falco's movesets to actually reflect some of the Starfox gameplay elements that have been introduced over the years. Like outside of the blaster none of Fox or Falco's moves have any root in the games themselves. Fire Fox/Falco, Fox Illusion/Falco Phantasma, and the Reflector and the various regular attacks each of them do are purely inventions made for Smash. Give each of them some weapons from Assault, have each of them do an actual barrel roll attack that reflects projectiles. Out of every character in Smash I feel like Fox and Falco are the least true to their series.

Attached: starfoxintensifies.gif (900x1211 591.61 KB, 1.13M)

Considering how two of the best characters in Smash 4 are third party characters, I'd say likely.

Like it or not, the Smash Roster is the baby jesus of marketing, and Nintendo knows that damn well. They got Bayonetta because she was shocking. They got Cloud and Ryu because no fucking way. Who would really give a shit about some mildly random indie character ? Including Shovel Knight meant nothing. Including the meme star of Dork Souls, however, means constant internet presence for months. They will even fucking own twitch, enamored as those retards are with anything souls.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU user, IT'S TIME FOR YOUR MEAL

Attached: delish.PNG (676x319, 131.15K)

She makes my dick stiff, but I don't think that series will ever get any representation in Smash any time soon. Maybe a year after the game's released someone will do a model swap with another character that fits her build. Maybe since the Street Fighter DLC was so popular they'll add Chun-Li or some of the other girls from that game. Either way, whether it be Amazon, Gerudo female, or Chunners, they all have the same effect on my dick

I have nothing against Adventure for the GC krystal. The issue is the abomination that is command, not krystal itself. All the characters are retarded in that game. Assault Krystal was just there too
Although I agree, the series is better off without her completely. It should be a manly series of bros fighting the bad guy against their rivals
It would be cool to get a james mccloud prequel without gimmicks
Nintendo should just make games with Star Fox 64's gameplay with current year graphics and more content and elaboration and star fox would sell like hotcakes. Miyamoto needs to stop adding gimmicks to every game he does.

Why would I care about this game? Its going to have even more DLC and amiibo bullshit than 4 and will probably launch with less content and 6 Fire Emblem reps. I'll just stick to Melee.

Attached: somthin.png (1280x800, 1.15M)

I want Guts from Berserk. Just make him a Ike clone but have 3x longer sword reach but fast like Pit. Also I want Gon and Killua from Hunter X Hunter.

I'm keeping my hopes low until I have any reason not to. Until I'm watching E3 and I hear a "Gyuhuk" or see a blood red moon over a dark castle and the moon gets a vertical and horizontal slash in it, I'm not going to start expecting "HOLY FUCK" moments.

As for your questions: Excitebike and Balloon Fight are the most likely NES era candidates.

Oh, and they might get someone from ARMS too. Maybe, if they want to market it harder.

Fuck, I knew I forgot someone obvious, I meant to add Solaire onto that.

On a lighter, less lust-driven, note, I hope that they put more pokemon and assist trophy items in game along with more alternate outifts

What does that have to do with my post user

I'd be ok with this. I'd like to see Hisoka bungee gum Ness and Lucas with lust for battle

Except when Zero did that all you got was journos and people on here complaining it was a rehash. Sure you may argue that the tilt aiming hurt the game and the Gyrowing sections did too but peoples' main complaint was that it was too much like Starfox 64, despite for years after Command came out most fans simply wanted another Starfox 64.
people really just need to face facts and realize that 3D scrolling shooters aren't that exciting anymore. They're supplanted by actual full 3D flying games like Ace Combat. Kid Icarus Uprising was probably the only good one we had in awhile

It's important to see the tone the trailer has for the game. It's darker, with flames and shadows, and instead of inviting the newcomers they are being summoned against their will

ARMs character is pretty much confirmed. It will probably whoever is a fan favorite.

I want Goku in smash just to piss a lot of people off.

Attached: Dragonball Kai Ending 6 - Buu Saga (GALAXY).mp4 (1280x720, 11.44M)

Dude it's just a hype trailer. It doesn't mean anything in terms of tone of the game.

The problem is that the game was incredibly short (And the godawful controls). If they just made a SF64 style game with like, 3x the number of levels it would be very well received. The irony is that Nintendo cares TOO MUCH about innovating in their non Mario/Zelda/Kirby titles when people would be generally happy with "The same but bigger and better"

Nothing. Just like Travis touchdown has nothing to do with smash.

Attached: 2343bc9cdd58e4696d85979b2f28e0e590dfbe8a5dc7cd26640a4d75078044e0.png (933x975, 369.03K)

has there been any other information at all outside of the reveal during the direct

Attached: 1383769185075.gif (500x418, 956.8K)

It would be a reasonable assumption if it wasn't for the fact it was really, extremely fucking out of place for smash.

Other than that Sakurai is involved in it somehow, no.

This. Holy shit this.

The issue with Star fox zero was not that it was an on rails shooter. the issue with star fox zero was that the gimmicks are a turn off and nothing but tedious bureaucracy in the way of enjoying the game. controls should just be normal so gameplay is fluid. Being forced to aim with the WiiU controller was not fun, just tedious.

No, but Smash always ignites a spark of hope and passion in the users across the chans.

I hope that one of the character slots is Sakurai in a Samurai outfit. His sword is a giant fish.

Bullshit, people would just cry "rehash". And people need to remember that SF64 was almost as short. You only needed to beat 7 levels to complete the game. What Zero lacked was meaningful branching paths that you could actually change yourself (which is ironic considering the game's plot revolved around portals).

And it wasn't

I have had no hope since Smash 4 removed so much functionality than Melee and Brawl built up. I've played Smash 4 the least.

Attached: woah there.png (623x607, 738.32K)

Has more point being in there than Cloud Strife or Bayonetta because he started on a Nintendo console and has a new game coming to the Switch but whatever

Attached: fresh outta hex.png (800x800, 272.47K)

It wasn't an on rails shooter, it was a 3D scrolling shooter
Git gud. Tilt aiming wasn't what killed the game. The shit framerate and speed of the game did more to affect the fluidity of the game.

Sakurai has been working in secret for 2 years and he is involved with it
That's it.
Also most info implies new game not port. But nothing is confirmed.

It's the complete opposite of welcoming newcomers, or newcomers jumping into the fray like it was a fun party. The tone is definitely different, and considering current year marketing, knowing Youtube/Twitch and social media marketing, Nintendo is well aware how to sow assumptions and theorycrafting as word of mouth viral marketing. It is not far fetched to consider the tone for this game is being different. You could predict the game will be less casual, or perhaps it is simply accommodating the new third party reps or newcomers with a fitting atmosphere for them to settle.
But I agree, it doesn't matter. Megaman's reveal was super hyped compared to say rosalina's reveal. It is tailored for each character. In this case they new the trailer would come out of nowhere so they made it pretty "oh shit"

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (712x960, 778.06K)

Maybe it's just me, then. I'm finding it hard to get excited for this without more information. I might just be looking for something else, instead.

Attached: 1412147925991.jpg (1640x1186, 397.88K)

Tilt aiming is shit and not fun. Doesn't mean I didn't 100% the game. It's just not fun, user.
It's also not hard, just tedious.

I did a google search for "Nintendo IPs" and I stole this list from Reddit of Nintendo owned IPs that aren't in Smash yet.

Attached: 1405911885469.jpg (540x671, 119.27K)

This is nothing compared to inklings having a fun time in a bright environment being suddenly summoned into a pit of darkness and watching the Flames of Smash like a deer in headlights.

What's the worst possible vidya character they could add? My vote is any Overwatch hero

Attached: thinking cup.png (414x343, 126.41K)

Attached: incredibly unlikely but not impossible.png (432x258, 4.75K)

There's an aspect where it may not be terror, but awe. That they are the legends of Nintendo and they've come for her. I mean, just think of being a street kid just starting to make a name for himself playing basketball and then the greatest basketball players from all history show up at your game. You'd freeze too.

Someone from Undertale, which isn't impossible or at this rate, even unlikely.

Pyro from TF2 with Infinite Flamethrower ammo
>Or Simon Belmont if they keep that awkward as fuck classicvania jumping

Frankly, I think they'd go with Papyrus over Sans if they were to take an Undertale character.

Crash Bandicoot.

I can't even describe why I feel like this but I just don't think he would belong and I would unironically dislike people who would seriously main him.

Attached: Crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-character-two-column-03-ps4-eu-05jul17.png (440x600, 207.52K)

Stop forcing this meme on every thread where Suda is mentioned.

user said worst. I'd want Sans solely because having a character who mainly does throws would be fun as shit. Think Ness's grabs and throws but even crazier.

Codename steam was an ok game. wouldn't mind an assist trophy out of it
Notable IPs from that list:

Those are the IP that have the highest chances to appear

Papyrus has a higher chance than sans, with Sans as some sort of Final smash cameo . Could even see Frisk as a "stand user" where other characters appear for attacks
but everybody knows undertale is obviously not gonna show up neither any indieshit character because Sakurai has high standards for the roster, albeit biased on what he likes or has worked on
If he ever goes "lets have an indie game rep" it would be shovel knight or Quote.
unless they make a second ballot and undertale wins

It has to do with him representing a rival that's still around: Sony. For the PS1, he WAS Sonic and Mario. But by that same note, user, he's no longer Sony. And Mario & Sonic are already there.

Unironically want Krystal in the roster

Attached: Krystal.jpg (640x498, 30.53K)

What?

Attached: commander.jpg (1280x720, 73.6K)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Shovel Knight. He'd have a neat moveset with all those relics and he's more or less iconic of the indie scene. Also, think of how hard indies would start sucking Nintendo's dick if they thought there was a chance of them being elevated to Smash status.

I honestly expect:

I said roster not trophy collection
at the most undertale would show as a trophy collection
He has stated it himself that if a non-nintendo character has to show up it has to be somebody iconic

IIRC the Bit.Trip games helped WiiWare get off the ground and the full series was exclusive to the Wii for a long time

I can actually see Balloon Fighter getting in as a tribute to Iwata

I forgot, there's also the fact that his game was sucking the NES's dick so hard that the cumstains didn't come out for a month too.

I want a new Subspace Emissary mode where all playable characters eventually work together to try and defeat deadly tumors surfacing inside a bile duct so that they can keep the world [/spoiler]fun.[/spoiler]

Friendly reminder Mario & Luigi RPG series has yet to be represented in smash

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (180x228, 57.96K)

The fact that an indie character was in the game on any way, shape or form at all already disproves you. Besides
Laughing out loud

I could see the meme bean possibly getting in, but probably as an assist trophy.

Sakurai should make antagonist of the new game corporate suits who want to milk franchises while the characters fight to be able to be free and be whoever they want.

But Mario & Luigi represent it.

Attached: Luigi SSB4.png (459x459 79.2 KB, 183.48K)

What from those games do either of those two have?

>TFW Mario & luigi are one character with a complete different moveset where they work together with bros moves and dance in idle animation, while goofy rolling spinning, hammer attacks, fire/elec gloves, etc

come on user you know what I mean. Mario And luigi represent many games, not exclusively Alpha dream's rpg series.

They are Mario and Luigi.

They have unique techniques in those games that aren't represented in smash at all.

Luigi uses fire instead of electricity, for example

Technically, Goku is a videogame character, and a relevant one at that. With Xenoverse, Xenoverse 2, and Dragon Ball FighterZ being recent games.

Doomguy when?

Speaking of characters to represent spinoff series, think ˥ will get in to represent Mario Sports or will people be WAAing for another game?

If Goku is a videogame character then so is Shrek.

Sherk has no recent videogames nor is relevant in 2018

Waluigi should honestly represent all sports games. When he was revealed as an assist trophy, Sakurai said "sorry waluigi fans, maybe next time!" or something like that.

His side B could be that air swim he does in Mario Tennis

At the same time I don't want any more Mario characters with the exception of perhaps Captain Toad, and only because he has his own IP. And I rather not see him either, because Paper Mario would be a better choice. I don't want Mario gallore on the roster

I agree, but, at the same time, I don't have a problem with Mario of all things being overrepresented in Smash. I mean, if they start shoving in characters like Wart or Magikoopa, sure it's gone too far, but so many series Nintendo has have been birthed FROM Mario.
I assume we'd all agree Donkey Kong represents the Donkey Kong series, Yoshi represents the Yoshi series. What about Luigi? Does he represent Luigi's mansion or is he a part of Mario?

If Waluigi gets the moveset he has in Smash Infinite (which has that move, by the way), it would be PERFECT. Honestly, Wa’s a bit overpowered in infinite (which I’m 100% fine with).

Well he IS a cheater.

The current Luigi in smash represents Mario.
If Luigi had the poltergust as a special (not final smash), a flashlight stun, was a scaredy cat instead of meme goofball sakurai made up, and IDK released boos or ghosts, he'd be representing Luigi's Mansion.
If Luigi had his own unique moveset and was not a shoto-clone of Mario, for instance electric gloves, hammer, different mario powerups mario doesn't cover besides flower or cape, poltergeist, dreamy luigi final smash,an amalgamation of all his moves from every game he has starred on, then he'd be representing himself, as well as everything he has appeared on, but being an independent character.

I think Waluigi would be a good addition, representations of IPs and whatever aside. What matters is fun gameplay.

You know who needs a rework?
Yoshi.
I want the Egg Throws to be like in Yoshi's Island. Fuck that slow egg throw shit sakurai made up. imagine fast egg throw projectiles respecting the yoshi's island sound effect when you throw them. Imagine if they ricocheted when hitting the ground or walls, changing color too, hell make them drop little stars that restore health if they ricochet twice and hit the enemy.
I'd like to see the running animation of Yoshi's island, too. Yoshi was more badass than the cute bottom furbait he is right now.
Wouldn't mind vehicle transformations for side+B instead of egg roll which is useless shit

Attached: 1372015340707.gif (500x375, 371.33K)

That really dilates my imagination

Attached: ss (2014-12-27 at 11.22.04).jpg (635x465, 53.79K)

Since Link is being changed to represent BOTW, do you think they'll replace Toon Link with "Classic Link" or something along those lines?

Attached: 9309246023_e1c98ea72d_o.jpg (595x830, 158.68K)

Just wait till E3, user

That'd be nice. Most likely give toon link TP link his entire moveset and let BOTW link have a unique playstyle

One can hope.

So do you think they will add Sora? I would like to see more villans like Christopher Robin the Pitcher.

No. Because Disney liscencing issues.
There's a reason Sora didn't show up in any Dissidia ever

Do you think Miis will return? will they get buffs?
Do you think Pacman will return?

Miis aren't as prominent on the Switch as they were for the Wii/Wii U so I doubt they'll come back
I can see Pac-Man returning easily, him and Sonic seem like the two most likely third parties to stay with the series

I'm not sure why the last thread got kiked, but I've been drawing a moveset for Mona from Warioware.

I think she'd be a REALLY interesting character and way better than anything Ashleyfags could come up with. I also want her to be the sole Warioware rep because I want Wario to be completely revamped with a Wario Land moveset.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (736x779 63.28 KB, 49.76K)

My biggest dream is that they'll one day give Toon Link a moveset based around the classic/handheld games. There's so many items and ideas to work with since the handheld titles went on a completely different path than the mainline.

Attached: pegasus boots.png (250x184 72.9 KB, 74.21K)

Ignoring third parties that you'd like to appear, which do you think are most likely to happen?
Which do you think are likely to remain, as well?
I'd imagine that Sonic, Pacman, Bayonetta and Mega Man will most likely remain, and I'd guess that Bomberman is pretty likely to be a newcomer, since R did so well.

Attached: 6aa1084d68414468c1d0ccee4108fd9398a7b63294b6cb2b87648e9f64f3eb62.gif (354x534, 208.37K)

I imagine that all the third party characters will come back, and there'll be new ones on top of it.

I expect some surprising third party characters that no one would ever have seen coming in a million years, like Banjo or Master Chief.

I could see Crash since his port is coming but anything ridiculous like Master Cheif, Doom guy, dark souls, or elder scrolls character won't be in it. Too ridiculous and not Japanese enough.

But what if
now hear me out
entire Star Fox team as skins of one character

A Microsoft rep isn't too out of the question, since Microsoft have played nice with Ninty, and they don't really have their own equivalent of Smash. It's just a matter of who it would be. Master Chief is the most logical, but Banjo-Kazooie would be more fitting, even if I'd far prefer Conker.

Attached: 52c4c3b89d2e9cf995fccf79f9794add4677d5f72330a5ec1a4a90702246eafb.jpg (255x212, 9.65K)

I'd sooner die than accept Banjo and Kazooie will never be in Smash.

What if BOTW Link has different costumes instead of just colours? Just like Bowser Jr could look (and sound) like the other koopa kids. CROSSDRESSING LINK IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE

I disagree. Only Master Chief sounds ridiculous from these but the more I think the more I realise he could very well happen. Skyrim got a release on Switch and including the Dragonborn guarantees tons of people talking about the game, same about Doomguy and a Dark Souls representative.

Phil Spencer said before he'd like to see Banjo in Smash, so it really isn't out of question. All it takes is for Sakurai to agree.

Solaire. His taunts can be Praise the Sun, the "Well! What is it!" pose, and the bonfire sitting pose.
His special attacks can all be various miracles, like the Lightning Spear, Sunlight Blade, Heal/Replenishment, and Homeward, which would throw out a bonfire and then teleport Solaire to it.
I'm bullshitting, but there is that Solaire amiibo, so it's possible.

Attached: fuckouttahere.jpg (1280x1413, 287K)

Like I said, Microsoft has no equivalent of Smash, so there's no competition. They let Rare make GBA and DS games because they didn't have a Handheld console, too. And since even most people that have a Kikebox hate Microsoft, it'd almost be good marketing for them, kind of like putting Mega Man in Smash after mistreating the character for years.

I wouldn't play him because I fucking hate projectile jewery based characters like all the Links in all the Smashes, but it'd be funny. Maybe more doujins of him would be created as a bonus, so that's twice as good :>)

you pretty much nailed it. none of the replies so far seem more cancerous than any OW hero.

It'd be Tracer most likely, as she's somehow become the poster girl for the shite game.

me too, but I couldn't play her around friends cause then everyone would instantly know I was a furfag.

Attached: krystal CIA.jpg (1050x1188, 114.36K)

You were a furfag, you are a furfag, you will be a furfag and you will even die a furfag.

Sorry, am a furfag.

I want to look forward to Smash, but that means Evo can host three Smash games in the future.

Attached: 4fb1b8c9d03e6aa0910d8f12b7fa21bbdbf2954d50efb9306a8cf30eb8fe1444.jpg (288x325, 32.08K)

That's better. Grab this for your courage.

Attached: rouge.png (1000x943, 479.8K)

well played.

Attached: disgusted amy.png (400x400, 160.02K)

Reminder that Sakurai considers Smash 3DS "Smash 4" and Smash Wii U "Smash 5".

Smash 4 is immediately dead when this game comes out, same as Brawl when Smash 4 came out. These games don't actually have an actual dedicated community or healthy life, they only have shelf life artificially extended because of Big N dough.

Attached: nkto8wTG3r1swlmebo1_1280.jpg (800x1000, 92.13K)

This.
The only reason Melee's still around is because the autistic faggots it has for a community refuse to play another game.

Fixed that for ya.

But you don't deny being an autistic faggot.

Melee fucking sucks and so do you.

Attached: wariofinger.gif (210x240, 27.41K)

I'll take Dillon. It's his time to shine. Paper Mario would be a fun heavy hitting light weight. Most of Paper Mario's attacks would be jumping on enemies with different effects.

Also what would the new revolutionary mechanic be this time?

Shame, because dinosaur wizard magic had the potential to improve Starfox's campy space opera via Flash Gordon or Star Wars. I'm a sucker for bad plots in space.

My vote is Springman AND Ribbon Girl. Min Min is good for headpats and fellatio.

Reminder that Melee was one of the first mainstream instances of "It's not a bug, it's a feature™"

Attached: how fucked we really are.gif (320x320, 2.46M)

We're on Holla Forums's Holla Forums right now, of course I do.

Name em so I can laugh at you
Last I checked they weren't making top 8 at any WiiU majors either.
Now I'm laffin'. Enjoy your Cloud.

Just because they developers didn't intend a tactic doesn't mean it isn't Fun™. Besides, L-cancelling literally is a feature and Wavedashing was intentionally left in. I know you don't actually know any advanced techniques that are bugs so I'll just get those two out of the way now.

Attached: 132123123213125.jpg (271x336, 53.75K)

Of course I don't*

You forgot melee competitive play is also limited to the same three or four players. How the fuck do you watch the exact same faggots play the exact same characters for years and pretend it's exciting? Is there a single one of them who doesn't have hand issues?

Attached: you forgot this oh wait.jpg (590x300, 42.69K)

This was a legitimate argument before Bayonetta. She's the new Meta-Knight.

Fuck Bayonetta and Rosalina. Not literally, but I hope they get nerfs out of the ass if they come back.

To be fair, banning two characters is quite different from banning all but two.

I can't argue with the BO, it does get pretty bad at smash tourneys. As someone who was active in all sorts of tournament scenes though, fighting game tournaments in general smell pretty bad. Replace BO for weed for the most part. Melee is still fun though.

Neither was pit back when brawl came out.
Or even
So someone as retarded as shrek may just be able to fit in, even more so than pointless reskins such as Dr.Mario or Dark Pit.

Attached: 1368258185439.jpg (251x251, 65.64K)

Make way for the TRUE indie rep that deserves to be in Smash.

Attached: [zapsart].png (1152x1920, 362.72K)

Pretty much. Every other indie character has some look-at-me-im-so-ironic design that would clash with the game.

Goku and Shrek are not video game characters. They do not originate from video games. Smash is a celebration of video games and nothing else. Goku is never ever going to happen. Deal with it.

Quote would be pretty cool, especially if he gets a Curly Brace skin.

Attached: 27b.jpg (600x600, 21.97K)

>Not Speebot

Attached: 9f15675315ef2a6e80d9de062e4559d24cbe3fd8a0bc4847bbfec5e76389cedb.png (728x1726, 1.08M)

Yet Will Smith is a videogame character? Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. Though, it would be cool if Big Willy Style made it into the game.

Pointless reskins take almost no time to develop, Shrek does. Shrek also requires agreement from Pixar or some other kikes, Dark Pit or Doctor Mario don't.

Will Smith with noisy cricket final smash

I'll get crucified for saying this, but Shovel Knight is more relevant to Nintendo in general, seeing as how his game is a giant tribute to the NES specifically.

Don't worry user I was just being retarded on purpose. Shrek only belongs as a meme reksin in modded versions of the game.

Now THIS, guy deserves to be in smash. Whose dick do I have to suck to get this bastard in?

Attached: 1425171832215.png (474x528, 205.54K)

So he belongs in Smash 5

Sans will be a skin for Ness.

Attached: matpat.jpg (480x480, 28.58K)

Oh shit this is actually going to be a character isn't it.

Attached: smileandoptimism.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

Technically, Goku was in video games first before Chinese Cartoons as far is the Americas are considered.

I think Rayman would get in before the rabbids.

They should've done something cute with that in Mario vs. Rabbids. Rayman shows up in the Mushroom Kingdom one day, attempting to warn everyone that the rabbids are coming.

Rayman: "You gotta listen to me!! They ruined my franchise and now they're coming for yours!!! We must prepare for war NOW!!!"

Attached: [bagpipes playing].png (387x345, 257.28K)

I get where you come from, but Cave Story is also a love letter to past Nintendo titles, and Nintendo has also hosted a version of Cave Story in their online shops/physical releases, which includes a Switch release (both digital and physical) so both are just as relevant to Nintendo.

Attached: delet this.png (600x577, 123.36K)

You could suck mine, but I won't let you unless you meet my standards. While you could argue sucking a dick of a random user won't improve Quote's chances to get inside the game, can you say it for sure? Do you know about butterfly effect? In fact, you should just go on the street and offer to suck dicks of everyone you meet "for Quote". After all, can you really be certain increasing the quantity of sucked dicks won't improve the likelihood of Quote appearing in the game?

That'd be stupid.

Fucking why? You want lel retro ebin XD faggots to latch onto a good game?

Attached: that really whoa'd my mamas.jpg (558x640, 31.75K)

Not even Mario Sports Mix will get such representation.

Moveset also involves the mercenaries from Gang Garrison 2

NO LIP NO BUY

Quote is probably the most likely out of all of them; not only is he iconic and Japanese, he's also the posterboy for NoA's efforts to get indie games onto their platforms, way back during the DSiShop and Wii Shop Channel days when Nintendo was pants-on-head retarded about digital downloads. Shovel Knight, I will admit, does have a shot, but ONLY if Samurai goes for two indie characters, AND he has to compete with Shantae, who has seniority over both of them and debuted on the GBC of all systems. This is coming from someone who really likes Shovel Knight; I think the game's really good, but I doubt he'll appear over Quote since he's not quite as iconic.

Attached: lip.gif (370x517, 41.39K)

I agree. Which is why I think Ubisoft will do everything they can to convince Nintendo to put them in the game.

Shantae having seniority doesn't matter when three people on earth played her game.

Fucking why? You want lel furry fury XD faggots to latch onto a good game?

I also like Shovel Kinght. Played the shit out of it because it's fun. But it would really twist my gears if he got in before any CS rep. (if not quote, curly could work since she's also in other games like 1001 spikes and blade strangers, and the two are on switch as well)
He might not, but I can dream.

Attached: 1.png (250x250, 33.61K)

But Ness is literally Sans with skin

Good taste.
They took Little Mac off that island. Someone else should have a chance.

Attached: Captain Rainbow Characters.jpg (3000x1760, 1.31M)

Ness/Lucas mains deserve that, fuck them.

Attached: The wicked impostor of Bill Herrington.jpg (194x259, 6.19K)

Lip a cute

This is her time

The hour of flower power is upon us

Lip will be in Smash Switch

Attached: lipmad.png (1162x1148, 176.08K)

M8 I'm referring to cave story, not smash. And furfags already are well aware of star fox and krystal.

Explain to me how you'd legitimize Fox's hitbox on a Slippy player model, and how Slippy would be able to move as fast as Fox or Falco.

It's canon

They're running slower so he can keep up, and even then he's falling behind. Also see the credits where he slowly falls behind the rest of the team.

Even so he's not THAT much slower than the rest of them.

We're getting none of them except maybe Solaire
Rayman will be pushed aside for Rabbids

Probably, fucking normalfaggots love the Mario + Rabbids game

Cyborg legs, because they cut them off to be better pilots.

You know what would piss even more people off? Darth Vader.

Attached: who could it be.jpg (1920x1200, 549.49K)

He is nazi, that's why.

fuck off matpat

Attached: kourage.gif (500x375, 104.84K)

Never post here again.

Are you because this post was incredibly gay

Christmas has more meaning than that pile of rehashed dogshit.

I'll tell you one thing, if half the roster is from fucking fire emblem again I'm going nuclear. Roster better be something like vid related.

Better get ready for it, you fucking faggot. There will be even more FE characters this time.

Only reason Darth Vader would be bad is because Disney would demand 60% of Smash 5 profits for using Darth Vader, and Rey has to be included too. But Rey also has to be the strongest OP character in game and is not allowed to get hit. Also Disney would demand to have 51% of Nintendo shares.

If there are I'll challenge sakurai to a fist fight and probably lose because he's an immortal, eternally young vampire

Attached: you fucking sunovabitch.mp4 (540x360, 126.63K)

From the new FE on Switch
He/she/xir will be a sword user that has a down b counter

Anymore inclusion Probably depends on how well the VC release sold (in the West)
Should be likely, surprised it didn't get an AT last time
Wish this series would actually get a proper western release outside of Europe. Don't forget that Barbera the Bat also appeared in Magic Made Fun, so she could have magician style attacks (like card throwing)
I personally want to see Vince as playable, i would expect his reveal to be akin to the Wii Fit Trainer in terms of WTF? character inclusion. The series has sold well and the Wii U version had a very active Miiverse community
No playable character, either a giant claw machine AT or a stage set inside a claw machine.
Assist Trophy tier, would probably function akin to Brawl's Helirin AT (Kuru Kuru Kururin series) in Qbby making boxes to use as a solid platform.

>Why does Kid Icurus have 3 characters 2 unique + clone + # of assist trophies
While slightly related I remember hearing an Sakurai interview somewhere mentioning that the reason for the large number of KIU enemies in 3DS's Smash Run mode was that they were able to reuse them straight from KIU. So this might be the reason for 2 AT and possibly why this lead to 2 characters + clone.

I wanna see a Mii Wizard/Magic user. It would complete the Gauntlet style 4 different character types for the different Mii's.

Dammit user, just like making Ganondorf not a clone you know that idea is perfectly sane and reasonable, meaning that Sakurai will never consider it.

How many FE characters is too many, though? Let's put the limit at 4 or 5 and throw some ideas of who those spots could go to.

I'm sick of contemporary shit, and seeing as how companies are banking on nostalgiafagging, I wish they'd add more NES/SNES classic characters. Goemon, Takamaru, Simon Belmont, etc. And the ones that wouldn't work as character should be represented in stages like Mole Mania.

I want Krystal back in Star Fox

Banjo-Kazooie would be an N64-era rep.

Melee has better physics, but I agree it suffers from blatant issues. Balancing, uncanny valley/dated aesthetic, clones, etc.

Attached: 00f7a01937b9964befc46e8cef36e72a1106b1b8ace491fbdee560491c7482f7.jpg (261x195, 9.52K)

No you don't

Replace Roy with Ike, as all and all I think Marth, Ike and Robin/Switch protag are the only ones who have a place

More than two is too many, mostly because I don't give a shit about fire emblem and there's no need for that many characters from it. Only ones I ever liked playing were lucina because of her braindead counter for easy damage, and Ike because he's stronk.

why not?

You know you're asking Konami do shit, and seeing as even Snake is a long shot I think we have better chance of Solaire and the fucking Rabbids

I like Robin as Magic shit is a good break from swords all the time

You know why

If it's the reason I think you're thinking, that ship has long since sailed.

Attached: ahegao krystal.jpg (407x374, 52.52K)

Comet is a shit overrated artist

Can we get Panel de Pon Puzzle League Online too? IS made the original. I'm sure they have a few VO left over from Fire Emblem's budget.

I give Melee some credit because they had no support from the FGC, from other Smashfags or nintendofags, or from Nintendo themselves since their very existence. Despite that, they were still able to make a community for themselves, completely grassroots, completely by themselves and were able to survive the test of time with their autism.

Competitive Smash 4 literally only exists to advertise the latest game. Brawl and Smash 4, despite not really being competitive games and terrible spectator games compared to every other fighting game showcased, only have competitive scenes because once upon a time Melee did it and they are riding it's coattails to milk it for all it's worth regardless of whether it's deserved. It had no grassroots or natural occurrence, it only exists because it's actively funded by Nintendo to keep it competitively relevant regardless of whether it should be at tournaments or not. Smashfags used to make fun of tourney players and competitive Smash all the time, often citing Nintendo's or Sakurai's feelings on the matter to back up their claims, until Nintendo said it was cool to play competitively, and all of a sudden everyone jumped on board. Nintendo used to not support any competitive Smash for a decade until they realized there was money to be made. Regardless of whether it's a good game or not, Smash 4 is only played because it's the latest game, for some consumerist need to buy and play the latest trends, and will be immediately dropped for the next one, regardless if that game is even good or not, or competitively viable.

As I said, these games don't actually have an actual dedicated community or healthy life. Smash 4 will be immediately dead competitively when Smash Switch is released because of everything I outlined above.

Attached: 1296343850167.jpg (500x367, 21.2K)

There are people who still play KOF98 because its a fantastic game, nothing wrong with playing something that works for them. You know the saying…

Every character from Melee looks as if they came straight out of their game, unlike Brawl or 4 which have unified artstyles, 4 having this horrid anime touch to everything. I personally enjoy Melee's visuals, Brawl is much uglier for example, everything looks gritty and blurry.

Attached: if it a.jpg (400x400, 23.77K)

Will sans be confirmed for Smash?

But Ness is already in Smash :^)

:^)

I'm pretty sure they're making the Smash games bad on purpose at this point. They don't want autists to cling to any one game like they do Melee.

Not the cancerous story elements that Adventures or Command had. But more characters, more interesting concepts. I wish the Star Fox world was more fleshed out along the lines of Metroid or Zelda. And I wish Rare would've made their original Dinosaur Planet game and instead include subtle hints that it's in the same universe as Star Fox if they wanted to make a connection. To be honest, I don't like Krystal all that much, but she made the Star Fox universe feel a bit bigger. And if I had the choice I'd rather have Fay and Miyu back.

Not specifically Konami characters, but those are the first that come to mind. Sukapon and Isaac would be nice too, but everyone else already thinks so too.

I disagree, Melee's textures and lighting are too realistic compared to what else the GameCube could accomplish. It feels very much of 2000s and not in a good way, same goes for Brawl. 4's graphics are one of the few good things about the game, but it seems everyone loves to hate 4 for some reason.

Attached: c080aea1365ee1f62d50a5ea522d11e0b685a9dcb0e4da2aae9d4f521f64651c.png (207x189, 90.67K)

What nonsense, of course that they do. But they aren't thinking on the long term because that isn't profitable and they have to appeal to a wider audience than just the competitive community.

What exactly is the disagreement about here? Remember that Melee was a very early title so they weren't nearly as familiarized with the hardware and a fighting game at that, so it needed a fluid framerate over visuals. I like the aesthetics of the game, they are vibrant and crisp, no texture clutter mudding everything like Brawl. 4 looks like a slick iPhone, completely devoid of personality to attain unity between the clashing artstyles.

Let someone with actual talent handle the series for one Nintendo.
Them only thing I'm looking forward to this eventual shit show is seeing smashfags crying up a shitstorm when EVO tells them they can't have three games on the main stage.

Attached: 8caf9d850f8390a9caf8d9e3594fcf2506b901a58da3da731cd369ce131fc786.png (540x438, 212.33K)

Attached: 1437288033293.png (356x353, 55.57K)

Attached: 1469826259028.jpg (385x385, 30.88K)

Yeah, as if that won't divide the community even more and make people rightfully shit on Nintendo more than they do already.

smash "pros" that want to make a living by playing a party game will screech the whole time if they cut a 3rd of their money away.
Either that or they'll leach onto DBFZ like some "pros" are doing already.

I would completely forgive EVO for wasting two spots on smash for the past few years if they did that.

Precisely, user.
Just picture the assblast.
It would be fucking
GLORIOUS

Attached: 4b9246924b215935f7b49046dcf2e02066928318eea27c15fcf0caea86429226.gif (503x512, 2.15M)

Can someone explain the issue with Sakurai directing Smash 5? It looks like he's directed every game so why does it seem like he's a bad choice?

As much as I'd like it, I really don't know if they'd want to go back and use that style. Something tells me they'd still keep toon link because that style has been used in several games. where as the closet thing to classic link in any recent game was ALBW. Which they promptly throw out for Triforce heroes.

Sakurai confirmed to lay his claws on the new Super Smash, but he gave birth to you, you're welcome.

They took that game out of the eshop and I think its miiverse was the first to die. It would be a miracle if they give him Mario Paint references for his moveset

He is literally MIyamoto 2.0

Attached: Sakurai's current job.jpg (240x240, 13.8K)

It just can't get any worse under a different director.

They said that about star wars too.

Hell no, he isn’t. Sakurai might make some bad decisions but he is nowhere fucking near as bad as Miyamoto.

checked

I never got this. As bad as Sakurai Is, why is "just replacing him" the better Idea, knowing there is a huge risk that the next guy will be most likely be some yesman to higher ups who will probably make as bad or worse decisions as Sakurai

I want to see this happen just to see people get pissed off.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 203.1K)

They spend thousands on awful commissions, I see no reason they wouldn't shell out 60 for a game.

That's not real right?

Good morning user, you've been asleep for a while now.

Attached: fuckmyhalflife.jpg (1920x1080, 307.15K)

Goemon would fit perfectly, his n64 model is like a cartoon muppet.

Attached: jil.PNG (572x643, 194.96K)

Attached: I cannot bear to see what has become of earth.mp4 (1024x768, 172.98K)

Might as well list a third-part candidates I'd like to see since everyone else is (Even though I'm opposed to it).
As far as characters not listed yet, I'd like to see Rallen from Spectrobes join the game, but the problem with that happening is Disney, again, and he isn't really from that "important" of a series.

Attached: img3037_04.jpg (1000x1973 43.19 KB, 530.25K)

Guys, Half-Life 3 on Switch and Gordon Freeman in Smash. It’s happening

The time megaman was treated as shit, we fot the blue bomber done great in smash.

The time x-men get the shit end of the stick, x-men will be in smash.

Can this happen?

Attached: f25083fba711eb1a2eb7c64eeeae42713d8fd51021ee75619723aa9577e19892.gif (460x259, 1.93M)

I'm gonna ask you the same question I posted
here

People should take this one to heart more. All the developers that says this run their respective series to the ground after saying shit like that; Sakurai is Nintendo's Hideo Kojima.

That doesn't really bother me,i don't have a strong attachment to half life,other thing does though because it's e-celeb bullshit.

That's insanely good looking suit model. Maybe someone will actually make a good Gordon player model and some crafty redditfag will in in real life.

I know, many Dreamcast and PS2 titles from that era have this look like Tekken Tag Tournament, it holds up really well imo.

Attached: ttt-2.jpg (1920x1080, 628.49K)

We have either two options:
Or…
Worst case scenario is what happened with Fire Emblem (Which is pretty much the same as we're experiencing with the veterans in charge).

Attached: Nami Komuro ruined 'Fire Emblem'.png (2764x3008 218.33 KB, 4.11M)

You mean Waluigi?

I hope Waluigifags are prepared to get BTFO again.

Attached: OYR7ND1.png (500x349, 208.96K)

Basically shits fucked cause new talent is shit and oldguard is fucking losing it and the only way things are getting better if Nintendo cleans house completely.
This is why making new IPs are important. It lets talent show their stuff before they're able to take on a major IP a fanbase invests in.

Here are two "off-the-wall" characters who could get a spot.
>Hebe, Oh-Chan, Sukezaemon, and Jennifer (Hebereke)
>Jason (Blaster Master)

Attached: 626094_front.jpg (640x911 79.41 KB, 80.79K)

He made anything different from melee for any reason.

Only one Hebereke game was ever released in America.

To be fair, Awakening was suppose to be the "series finally". It then sold like gang busters for some reason.

To be fair this is entirely Rare's fault for not simply making Krystal stay on Dinosaur Planet vs. joining up in the end. Like the entirety of Adventures could have happened and been ignored by the rest of the series had she not been forced into the team.

I don't really have a problem with him nor do I think anyone could do it better, but he's the arrogant "muh vision" type. He will make blatantly bad decisions for asinine reasons.

Didn't a Nintendo of America employee get fired for lightly criticizing him (that wasn't even really criticism)?

Attached: n3s5xx2JV61r8ououo7_1280.jpg (974x586, 170.68K)

Nintendo of America employees being fired is a good thing tbh

He wasn't shitting on him, he was just saying Sakirai is Vincent Van Gogh. Here's the quote.

So yeah, you completely nailed it

Yeah the guy in particular was a cunt, so fuck him.

archive.fo/B641Y

This kinda goes in line with how he's been quoted to having gotten rid of a single player story mode because people simply just uploaded the cutscenes from Subspace Emissary onto Youtube and watched them there instead of playing the game to experience them first hand, which honestly I can see where he comes from but he should probably grow up a bit about it.

Searched that up.

Crap, wrong link:
rebrn.com/re/chris-pranger-fired-from-nintendo-because-of-his-guest-appearanc-525007/

Also
I never got this fan reaction. Mike West reprised his role and practically did the same voice for Fox he did in Starfox 64 and 64 3D for Smash 4. There was little difference in the voice acting besides higher quality sampling because it wasn't being played from a Nintendo 64 game or 3DS game.

Waifus sold it in the east
actually advertising it sold it in the west

Melee was a fun party game and a good """serious fighter""". Why do these things need to be gated from each other?

Attached: you're a klan now.png (1280x670, 411.01K)

Do you guys think they'll let us use a gamecube controller again? Will we get a wireless one that jus werks like the Pro Controller?

Nintendo is keen on releasing re-skinned controllers for their games (Splatoon got a pro controller and recolored joycons, and ARMS got recolored joycons), so maybe we'll get a Pro Controller with gamecube buttons and HD rumble. I wouldn't be pissed off if we got gamecube joycons but I'd be very disappointed. The only way I'd buy them is if they started doing gamecube virtual console

Attached: game-cube-controller-super-smash-bros-black-385395.2.jpg (1078x497 70.19 KB, 993.98K)

Months back Switch got updated to read the GC Adapter. Most likely they'll rerelease the product with a switch logo along with more GC controllers like last time

Attached: 71M404KvsxL._AC_[1].jpg (1762x1051, 152.94K)

Because when someone brings a serious fighter attitude to a fun party game party, people get upset.

If they added Goku then they could add Gohan, Vegita, and Trunks too.

Attached: Dragon-Quest-Heroes-9.jpg (576x867 103.61 KB, 504.25K)

What is bigger than a straight up kerfuffle?

Super Smash Bros: Chimp Out

Thunderdome?

Gee, I dunno, how about a bazinga?

Attached: 1448906509290.jpg (900x900, 105.49K)

I'm predicting seeing a pattern of Mario's Forward B changing in every game to best resemble his latest gimmick. First a cape, then the FLUDD. I'm predicting we'll see Cappy in the slot this time around.

The Switch has already been updated to support the GC Adapter, to varying degrees (games like Fast RMX, Mario Kart 8, Kirby Star Allies the demo, anyway and games that have button mapping benefit from it, while games that have motion control, don't support button mapping and/or use every button don't, like with Splatoon 2, Zelda, and Super Mario Odyssey). It'll more than likely be compatible right out of the box, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo did a restock of the adapters in anticipation. It's been four consoles that this damn thing is officially compatible with, holy shit.

Nigger, kerfuffle was confirmed the name of it here before bazingabooptheory was even on tv.

You're thinking of the Down-B, where FLUDD replaced the Mario Tornado. He's kept his cape since Melee.

Welp. We can see how often I play Mario.

4 was Fisticuffs. 5 is Kerfuffle.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a stupid fucking word that shouldn't be uttered by anyone who doesn't have weapons grade autism.

What's your beef with kerfuffle?

So, since we're near the bump limit, and the thread is likely to be buried, what are the rankings of all of the characters listed thus far that people want to show up?

Make puff good
BTT
Better mechanically than 4's borefest

Well, krystal I want to fuck. That's about the short and long of it.

What was this while thing drawn instead of just Photoshoped?

What a concept, I wonder if Nintendo actually learned this lesson? It seems like they kind of got it, be are largely resistant to the idea despite it usually ends up working.

He's just being a contrarian

You're probably more on the short side though

Are you really too retarded to see what a childish and idiotic word it is?

Kerfuffle sounds like a word ponyfags would use like Derpy Werpy and Flufflepuff

What a meanie thing to say.

If the limit is three
Very unlikely because of the fucking meme status Ike has but I wanna believe.

Attached: Smug lord having some tea.png (610x562, 458.04K)

kerfuffle is older than you are, user, which isn't that hard of a feat considering you're probably 13 years old

everyone at the top, everyone at the bottom. There's no point to these threads because everyone's line is drawn rosterwise, opinions on the switch, thoughts on Nintendo and it's legacy, etc.
I need to let go but I'm here to suffer

Considering how similar the different FE characters are, you could comfortably roll them up into a few slots. Marth slot, Ike slot, Robin slot. Speed, strength, spellsword. Make every FE representative fit into one of those slots. Lucina is just a reskinned Marth. Roy could go either way.

Jesus christ you suck. I played the SNES at launch you faggot ass little kid. I was playing games when you were still a nut that hadn't yet escaped your dad's preteen ballsack into the carpet.

The next game would be
Super Smash Bros 6: Planet of The Apes

Attached: xL6JjVl.jpg (1920x1080, 338.26K)

I'm expecting the subtitle to be something like "Climax" or "Final"

I'm not sure Fawful would make it as a character, but he would be a cool assist trophy.

It would be nice to see M&LSSS stage where you jump between unique areas from each game. You'd start in the mushroom kingdom, then jump into the Beanbean kingdom via Bowser's airship where Cackletta is fucking shit up. Shortly after you're sucked into the past where Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are dealing with the Shroobs. Another time rift sends you back to the mushroom kingom, but now it's overrun by Fawful's army, with Midbus facing off against Broggy. Finally, a dream portal transforms the stage into one of Luigi's dreams, where a ton of dream Luigis are dealing with Antasma. The Zeekeeper shows up after a while and fires a giant Wakebeam, blasting the players out of Luigi's dream and back into the mushroom kingdom.

Super Smash Bros. Disagreement

Attached: 76423.png (843x330, 555.07K)

Never forget.

Then just don't play with that person.

Attached: Nami Komoru.PNG (672x917, 96.88K)

I just want Robin or a character that plays like Robin. Except preferably OP this time instead of "fuggin meh".

Super Smash bros: Race War now

Thread is pretty much reach bumplock status. Is it time for BITES THE DUST for new thread? OP delete and remake.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (932x750, 359.24K)

or we could just keep going until page 13 like we're supposed to.

Attached: Real life gondola.jpg (324x600, 73.91K)

Indeniable proof that the Gamecube was the best console of all time. Despite a lacking library, everything worth playing in it's library was better than the competitions

Time for bed

Except for, you know, literally every other console ever made.

By autists, not nintendo.

I'm still surprised they managed to fuck up worse than Mario Kart 8, it deserves an award for that, like the turd of year.

Like how?

I will call it Switch Smash. I want a good single player mode like subspace emissary. I know Hackurai said he wouldn't do it again, but he also said he's stop making smash games.

Also fuck FE, I don't like the series because it hogs the smash roster. They need one generic sword user rep with a ton of different skins, Roy, Marth, etc. and the one unique one like Robin.

They should bring back almost all of the old cast, minus the clones. But I do like how there are some clones that are opposites, like Falcon and Ganondorf being clones, but one is fast and the other is slow.

They should also bring back someone like K Rool to build hype for a new DKC. Imagine what the fuck would happen if Nintendo made a new DKC that was as good as Frozen Dong and had Kremlings

My dick is going to have a kerfuffle in your asshole

Warios and even Dr. Marios can easily outsmart King DDD by just countering his poncho spam, Waluigi would rape that stupid penguin.

Attached: I.M. meen smug.jpg (900x900, 170.06K)

That podcast situation was weird, like he said a whole bunch of stuff for example talking about things like Captain Rainbow not being released in the west despite fans saying they wanted it because of cost to localize vs profit from people buying it wouldn't be enough.
In the end he was fired but it's unclear WHAT was the subject he talked about that did him in or was it just doing a interview without getting checked on what to say/not say from higher ups?

Fox voice in the 3DS version for some odd reason does sound a little high pitched at times.

Attached: dededesmug.jpg (325x330, 25.6K)

Attached: carljoinstherumble.jpg (600x315, 59.29K)

It certainly wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst and was actually pretty good you fucking faggot.

Attached: are you high.jpg (236x236, 7.8K)

We'll just say it was the worst of its generation.

Citation needed

Attached: 11292367.png (800x942, 435.55K)

Should have a giant nipple shopped in the inkling's eye

All I really want is

Is it really that hard to find? I got it on release so if it's rare now I wouldn't really know.

>being a good little SOYIM GOYIM letting (((Mark))) tell you what to do

Attached: 24142938481fafe10bd057fcd407b14109d4b64922d1ad10545cd596ca8815e3.png (1423x904, 437.71K)

Attached: 13959801.jpg (413x395, 80.13K)

An autist is able to mod a new character out of him with completely original animations and it somehow fits.

You're really not making a good case for this character

Yeah good job misunderstanding me dumbass. I meant "doesn't exist as a playable character in the game".

IT CAN STILL HAPPEN PLEASE ;_;

Attached: shantae_vote_smash_bros_outfits.png (7486x4949 805.74 KB, 4.78M)

Her and Shovel Knight are shit tier choices. Quote is the only indie rep actually worth having.

got your indie rep right here :^)

Attached: be015a64b05285a2d12caf3df9bae6e5ec3b1bf18c31e630264807f08dd1b48b.jpg (650x685, 88.72K)

The other thing I thought about is custom moves having 3 pre-sets per character. And we're not talking about variants of moves. Mario can have his standard move set with FLUDD and cape for Set1, then have Cappy for Set2, then have classic Mario Melee with Mario Tornado for Set3.

Also to balance out move power each custome special move adds and subtracts stats from characters like run speed, weight, base attack power, fall speed, etc.

DESIST WITH THE VILE PURPLE HAIRED WHORE OFM BABYLON

Sadly I could see her getting in, since Touhou's one of the more iconic bullet hell games out there. I wouldn't want it because of all the fucking secondaries this would generate, but still.

why not go full variation system that Mortal Kombat X did?
with every character having a different-ish of move-sets or even being different characters altogether like in Injustice 2's Ninja Turtles.
with so many Nintendo characters having a lot of different iterations,clones and powers I don't see why each character can't have 3+ variations.
it honestly makes a lot more sense for Nintendo to do this than MK

Attached: 753.png (326x225, 162.92K)

My mistake, Reimu and Quote are the only choices.

And yet Wario gets a free pass for doing the same. :^)

M-mark! H-hello sir! I'm a good goy! Shalom!
We love to respect our mods and follow the ruurs!

Attached: 1388793368519.png (308x242, 61.26K)

In the last thread someone posted a bunch of synonyms for the word "fight" and it made me realized Skirmish would be an alright subtitle for a Smash game.
Also bump, put the Rick and Morty fan from this video in the game

Attached: I TURNED MYSELF INTO A RETARD MORTY.webm (640x360, 4.12M)

Could be interesting. The question is how autism can Sakurai make it?

That would be x10 effort on the roster and animation.

Reminder that SSB4 had Pokémon reps with fire, water, dark and fairy types, making Incineroar and Primarina unlikely to be playable in SSB5 because muh patterns.

Attached: Pokkén_Decidueye.png (1039x1133, 1.37M)

Contemporary Pokemon are always shit choices and will easily date the game years later, wait for them to become classics and you'll have timeless choices.

TIME FOR THREAD RESET

I thought everyone except me had forgotten Spectrobes existed.
Origins a shit, Maja best girl

Wasn't Spectrobes published by Disney?

oh boy i love it when mods delete legitimate threads

It was Mark.
Mark, people were actively using that thread, not this one. I get that it makes sense to give the guy a ban for not following the rules and remove the results of his rulebreaking, but why delete the thread that people are actively using instead of locking the one that they're not, and is almost dead?

Are you me? Because I am 100% down with this list. But also put me down for a newcomer from Tales/Soul Calibur, if not Rayman or Bomberman. Also, Toon Ganon with the dual swords.

Because Mark's fat and fucking retarded.

Attached: 54808266_p0.png (3000x3900, 1.98M)

Anyway since this thread is still the smash thread, posting Holla Forums's top desired newcomers

as much as I'd like Marina lightyears on this list, that probably will never happen

Attached: Newcomer Tiers The pool so far.png (3212x1218, 1.73M)

What's the point of making MM Young Link a separate character?

This thread is bumplocked, I don't see why we can't have a new thread.

Fake News

Nice to know Holla Forums still has SOME standards.

Attached: 338c5c47bcfd5e0da7d61670d40b6c2ada8f9e96eefe08d2dc919943d85875e1.png (505x431, 194.3K)

It's bump locked because it's past the bump limit, dimwit. Just make a new thread when this hits page 13 (or reaches 700, whichever comes first). Why is that so hard?

And, into the trash it goes.

Attached: Pious_Liche.jpg (580x332, 70.66K)

I'd love Doomguy if they stayed true to his 1990's design, and knowing Sakurai he might be able to pull it off like he did with Pac-Man and Mega Man. However, I would not be surprised if they also went with the nu-Doom design.

If they did do Doomguy, I'd like for them to have a skin for all of his designs (original Doom design, Doom 3 design, nuDoom design, and the Doom comic design).

Attached: page02.jpg (800x1268, 344.13K)

That would be the best decision, but gameplay-wise I'd rather they base it off the 90's design, and incorporate elements from the other games where needed. Like for instance, specials are the weapons from 90's Doom, grabs are the Glory Kills, Standard attacks are Doomguy's melee options, stuff like that. And of course, if Sakurai doesn't incorporate the BFG as the Final Smash he's doing something wrong.

Mark is known for his absolute retardation. If Mark was replaced by someone more responsible and can run a board properly, things would be so much better.

Attached: DISDAIN.jpg (1024x923, 155.94K)

Younglinkfags want a whole row of Links each based on one specific game, instead of two composite Links representing the most iconic recurring items in the franchise.
I bet the people pushing MM Link are the same people speculating about a BOTW Link with Stasis and Revali's Gale in SSB5.

Attached: a9e3cb3fdb57180d0ff1213f24bb507ab115929666a880cda5aab14de1502fc8.jpg (311x400, 20.55K)

ok user, I'll add an Eternal Darkness rep. It's been requested a lot. The list is not final.

nobody wanted ashley

Attached: total sanity.gif (300x300, 4.67M)

Wow, that is an epic failure of reading comprehension.

I had a thought, what if Travis Touchdown was added in?

Attached: Travis_Touchdown_2.jpg (850x1250, 127.73K)

Thirded, on the condition that her moveset is entirely baneposting related.

Attached: 6ba7868cbe899fcb37b8eae9d777caf0.jpg (1480x1000, 156.62K)

RAYMAN MY BOY FOREVER AND EVER
I WANT TO BELIEVE