Why was "Silent Hill: The HD Collection" the last time the public openly bashed a remake?

Why haven't there been a similar treatment toward the Crash, SotC, and the upcoming FF7 remake?

Attached: Why people hate remakes.webm (640x360 344.56 KB, 7.83M)

Most people are of the opinion that the Crash and SOTC remakes were good, and are you fucking blind there’s been tons of people shitting on the FF7 remake

Because it was that bad.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (548x328, 160.78K)

Attached: punk is amused.jpg (540x540, 27.85K)

because the goym is stupid and will praise anything that has a label saying "new", "improved" or "now in ultra HD"

Attached: 544.gif (208x200, 384.24K)

nobody liked the pc "port" of ct here
did you miss the threads bashing it, you newfag?
even steamfags are negative about it

Because the Crash and SotC remakes are serviceable and the FF7 one isn't even out.

That seemed to be one of the few times people bashed rereleases, but most of it was due to it being a "no effort" mobile port with a terrible interface. And, even then, the only thing people hate about the mobile port is the controls.

Attached: Capture _2018-03-11-09-18-31.png (1440x2392, 280.45K)

SotC and Crash had updated graphics. SH collection was a straight port with HD slapped on the box.

There's no denying a bit more effort has gone into re-releases since the DMC, ZoE and SH HD collections. They all play more or less the same as their original counter-parts so really it's all about how shiny the new coat of paint is.

Surprised Crash wasn't released in 3 parts though.

Because back then atleast there were new actual games to be played.

Just wait until the next Crash game. It'll be a disaster.

What's wrong with the SotC remake?

Attached: 1439737272599.jpg (607x567, 27.05K)

Didn't play, can't comment
Port, not a remake. Was bashed in fact, should still have mostly negative reviews on Steam.
Best version of the game. PS2 version runs like trash (and none of the nolstalgiafags seem to remember this), PS3 version controls like ass. The remake IS the best version in this case.
Too little is known about it. Besides, many people voiced their worry about the iffy transition to 3D, the character designs, and the FF15-style combat when the trailer dropped. You'd have to be living under a rock to miss that blowback.

Attached: everything I say.jpg (500x580, 24.63K)

It destroys the art style of the original.

I'm not seeing it

Because the Silent Hill HD Collection not only shat on the vision of the original devs, but also completely failed on a technical level.

Attached: nsKUt.jpg (1500x472 29.15 KB, 247.05K)

The only difference i'm seeing is the lighting and colors being more vibrant, you even get filters if you want the original colors.

It practically might as well be considering that the game was based on a prototype of the original games.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire get slammed constantly
despite being about average for the series as a whole

People struggle to realize that Pokemon, in fact, has long passed Gen 2 and will never go back to it.

Yeah so far the most well recieved remakes and remasters that don't actually change much is stuff like Turok which is basically on a whole new engine and you can make and edit your own levels. If they didn't fuckup the release schedule of the editor you'd hear about the game more.

Attached: Turok 2 Menu Theme.webm (480x360, 1.85M)

hd collection wasn't a remake, it was a remaster

If a game "needs" a remake then it was never good to begin with.

Crash and SotC remakes are good you stupid fucking cunt. Fucking take a bath in acid.

Attached: 7dcce078dcea74397ff13a31f5b1dc3d3c9b9f9c5200610c53f7a9ab09d16b77.jpg (255x191, 20.39K)

Kill yourself.

Attached: 186987-pokemon-heartgold-version-nintendo-ds-front-cover.jpg (800x735, 161.96K)

Plenty of people have called Ubisoft out on the Heroes 3 HD remaster.

A curse upon your family for 1000 years.

Attached: Mother Forgive Me.jpg (716x1714, 173.62K)

;DD

because consumerism is fashionable in this day and age.
Your Favorite Thing™: Buy It Again Edition is a thing to be celebrated.

The SH HD Collection is an abomination and Konami shoud've been taken to court for such gross negligence.

t. triggered ex neofag user

Because those are remakes that favors Sony.
The Sonyggers and other cucks want to keep sucking Sony's corporate dick.
They have also been attacking Konami constantly, for Sony always wanted to get the hack from Metal Gear and pt him as their new marketing ploy to sell interactive movies.

Also, this.

I fucking hate the SotC remake, its aesthetically devoid of everything that made the original so memorable. More doesn't always equal better, cluttering the screen with garbage won't make it a superior title to the original. Is it that hard to understand?

Attached: wut.JPG (153x148, 11.97K)

It was that bad. Even the ZOE one got patched.

They really fucked up the character model. One fucking job, guys.

not very much. only thing I don't think has been addressed is how wander no longer gets slowly corrupted. I don't know if this was intentional or not, and I haven't heard any comment on it. Otherwise it plays better, and the actual tech side of things, the fact that it's a game which runs on two engines simultaneously is pretty interesting to think about. No wonder it felt like the core game just smoother, it's literally got the same underlying logic powering things.

Rosseter's a faggot

The HD Collection isn't a remake though it's a remaster the same as the MGS HD collection.

The problem was that the devs were using a BETA source code of the original game and basically were retards

Because no remake has ever come close to being as bad you fucking retard,

This is a Sonygger's defense of enjoying the same shit with a new paint job while owning a No Games Station, and fuck off you retard, they aren't flawless.

Honestly, fuck anyone who defends Sony.

Attached: Fuck Sony.webm (640x360, 12.18M)

this is how they shift the goalposts. recognize these kind of mouthbreathing retards for the retards they are.

Funny how the original had a more old film look than their hundreds of millions of dollar cinematic trash with grain filters.

Let me guess, you're the one fag who enjoyed Silent Hill HD and want to take revenge on all remakes on principle now because you got your feels hurt by the backlash to it.
Jesus christ, son, get over it.

Isn't that just what most people want out of a remake?

Attached: 1471397567615.jpg (343x354, 19.21K)

Last I remember, the only "good" remakes in gaming were stuff like Tomb Raider Anniversary and REmake because what they did was that they took the original game and updated the mechanics and graphics to "suit modern day" as well as add-on to the game. However, to contrast, Crash and SotC are pretty much "built from the ground up 'remasters'", and the FFVII Remake" is a remake in the sense that they are remaking the story for a completely different game (Sort of like Play Novel: Silent Hill or Xenosaga I·II'')

Attached: 64478_front.jpg (640x905 64.19 KB, 114.74K)

I like Best Guy but god damn…that's retarded…

Attached: c46a3c2a7b24e22adf40cd102e1f879d76142a64f1aa5c55896fcecc63f00a2e.gif (360x270, 1.06M)

t. Fungo

This.
Sony's owners, along with their defense force, must be killed.

Attached: intended it.png (783x524, 203.57K)

Because Konami fumbled with the source code for SH2 and 3 meaning Bluepoint had to work from scratch to reverse-engineer the games. Because most remakes are just 'HD grafix' re-releases and that's that. Because they didn't try to force new voice acting by anime dub-tier VAs like Troy Baker and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn because Konami are greedy kikes. Because most HD remakes actually work and are playable. Because most HD remakes didn't have Tomm "I love Silent Hill more than you do" Hulett on board. Because most HD remakes didn't have Hulett try and change the script in his own image. Because the HD collection hasn't been properly fixed to this day. Because it's an afront to God how fucking bad the HD collection is when the originals are just that good, especially for the hardware they run on. Beyond needing to buy a game again for HD grafix there's usually little to complain about because it's the exact same game with new grafix, but SH HD collection is fucked on a fundamental level because of shitty development.

Attached: 21638ce256b66c9deff3b07520a7b711de27a7b6966d1bfb58085b846ddfd356.jpg (960x498, 33.84K)

what… is he doing there
:)

even the boss is flabbergasted by the kind of ungodly abomination he's been put in

Attached: 1adaecf5f2b5d72fef57033370803e1e9d106a67d4f10efe6d92ccd0c35647f4.webm (400x300, 689.14K)

Err… Sweetie

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (192x262, 68.43K)

Attached: this_goddamn_shit_every_fucking_day.jpg (500x703, 30.15K)

Bluepoint didn't work on SH HD Collection, Hijinx did. The sourcecode of the final build was lost, so Hijinx had to port using beta versions. Bluepoint, on the other hand, doesn't even need the sourcecode to port games - their MGS HD releases were reverse-engineered straight from retail PS2/PSP copies. Why Konami didn't just get Bluepoint to handle SH is anyone's guess.

Some remakes are acceptable and some aren't.

Attached: ss_50e9d9f4ad8498d01f624258dc8b77ded1439985.1920x1080.jpg (1280x720, 959.99K)

Attached: JUST SQUEENIX MY SHIT UP.png (413x272, 209.97K)

FUCK TOMM HULLET

Attached: The man who loves Silent Hill more than you do - tomm hulett quotes.png (640x360 2.03 MB, 5.05M)

ALSO FUCK THE VOICE ACTOR CABAL

Attached: 1382215567399.jpg (320x240 247.05 KB, 10.9M)

This image (first row, far right) :

which is which?

Attached: 10c404462fed180b126c1b0e9cb5d44d9c9c7357845b9e20fc3f77ff2a8832c2.jpg (1000x815, 249.57K)

If it's any consolation, the company probably went defunct after the Silent Hill remaster. I can't find anything they've done in the six years since then.

Today I will remind them

WHIRRRRRRRRR

Is this one good or going to be good? I haven't kept up at all.

Attached: 1513033473247.png (1272x1092 970.85 KB, 899.4K)

Voice actors (especially the female ones) in America are nothing but a "mafia" at this point.
They don't work because they are good or necessary. They force industries to keep hiring them, and they attack those that don't comply.
Make sure to always complain directly to the publishers and developers and to boycott games that hire those subhumans.
It is better to have no voice at all than to have a mob of incompetent pieces of shit forcing themselves onto everything.

It looks like a fucking flash game. Like some guy just stole the sprites and made his own game with them.

This has pleasant visuals at least. But I heard it was shit.

That one always gets me. SH2's voice acting is raw in the sense that it was very human. And the people gave really strong preformances, especially the VA's for James and Maria/Marie. The rerecorded lines sound like their acting as opposed to sound natural to the scene. I dont doubt Troy Baker and his abiloty to be in a million roles but I feel this was more a fault of the direction.

Attached: 722f8e8bec5f4e83e9041545d227945f6b12400150ac5f63256e7f44e08b96ca.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

A port is not a remake you fucking idiot.

Remember the time the dub VA for Nightmare came on here and lost his shit?

At least I haven't heard much prai-

Attached: 1412428280128.jpg (233x216, 8.32K)

Right is the original, left is remaster. They removed the fucking fog so hard it shows the edge of the map.

That letter reading at the end, though. Christ that gets me.

Bought the remasters of the two games in a promotion, I only played the first one back on N64 and the remaster was basically just what the doctor ordered. It was Turok, working fine on PC with actual draw distance.

Can't comment on the improvements 2's remastered did, but holy shit was I blown away by how much of an improvement 2 was, as a game. Technologically, game and level design wise, music, artstyle, it all blows Turok 1 out of the goddamn water. If all sequels were such improvements, we'd be playing full-immersion VR MMOs by now.

Attached: hyougemono universe.png (572x833, 579.75K)

The developers were dissolved not long after Turok 2 and went on to make Metroid Prime. This isn't even a joke.

why do people pretend turok 1 or 2 are good games now, are you that deprived?

two different teams. origin was bought out by EA shortly after and the staff at origin who worked on system shock went to join iguana. after rage wars and turok 3 (the only good turok), the team that worked on turok 3 joined retro and ended up working on metroid prime.

Well, the thing is that (perhaps as a saving maneuver), the actors for the voices were also the mocap actors for each character. They would act the motions for a scene and talk simultaneously. It really works out well, because the movements come naturally while speaking. It's not just 'standing in the sound room and talking'.
Funny thing is that Guy Cihi (James) wasn't even planning to be the VA/MA - he just took his daughter to the audition (for Laura iirc) and ended up auditioning himself as well
God, fuck that Fungo stream where he kept talking over Cihi's interesting tidbits

Same here. Monica Taylor said in interviews that it was pretty hard to record because she was also being brought to tears.
But it's not just the acting, but the script itself is really solid - SH2 really stepped up the translation aspects. Just years before it we had the stilted, weird SH1 dialog.
Jeremy Blaustein was the main guy behind the translation, having also worked in MGS1. Back when Konami cared about production values…

When did it become fashionable to confuse the word port and remake on Holla Forums I swear more and more every single day there is an increasing number of people here who have no fucking idea what they are talking about. They just say shit without any actual thought put into it and what's worse no one calls them out on it.

But to answer your question my dude, there was public backlash against the silent hill HD ports because they were horribly broken. Not because they were ports. Most non-autistic people don't have a problem with HD ports.

The only console that has any business getting them is the switch though. No one bought the Wii U, and it didn't get many ps3/360 games.

Webm related was hilarious - Fungo accidentally confirmed everything Twin Perfect was saying about him.

sage for offtopic

Attached: local man attempts to beat girlfriend, then remembers he is on a livestream.webm (1280x720, 4.04M)

TP got rekt because of this chick and Fungo's not even dating her anymore.

The SH HD collection was straight up sabotage by Konami. Fuck those nip kikes!

1 is pretty shit nowadays but your opinion is worthless if you don't like 2.

Pretty much. But don't try and explain that to console war kiddies.

Just one detail. They do act the motions and talk simultaneously, but the lines aren't recording during mocap, they're recorded right afterwards in a recording booth. That way they can still "retain" the feel of the scene while recording in a high quality audio environment

That gets bashed regularly and with good reason.

and fuck the whole "Silent Hill is a therapist town" shtick that he (and SH theoryfags) constantly espoused

SILENT HILL IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE FUCKING CULT

Attached: SH2.webm (640x360, 3.3M)

Why we don't even know what the fuck it is anymore. I'm not saying it's going to be good, this is modern square we are talking about. However they threw out everything Cyber Connect did and re-started the game and have not shown a single thing since then.

I never really knew what happened with Fungo and TP since I didn't know about them until well after he left. Can anyone give me a quick rundown?

Yep, you're right. Just checked a Cihi interview a few hours ago and that's exactly what he stated.

He even found a small clip his wife filmed during production and uploaded it somewhat recently. It's the mocap session of the reveal in the hotel room, with Laura.
The mocap session does have the voicing, but the final dialog in game sounds slightly different since it's another take, as you said.

Same method was used on SH3 with the actors, and it really does give a quality boost to the overall production. Most vidya VA work nowadays is 'eh' at best… Nier 1 was one of the very few games of 7th gen that really stood out for me on that front.