Videogame morality

why am I forced to play according to the "light side" in games all the time? Case in point is the Division. I wanted to go Rogue the whole time and do Rogue missions with the bad guy factions, but instead I basically have to play as a heavily armed white knight, and it feels that way in virtually all games, not just as of recent but for some time now. This is a major reason imo why games are shit.

Attached: 017971.jpg (670x377, 42.1K)

Play Alpha Protocol instead of Ubishit.

You know, sometimes I wonder why they even bother to implement a morality system at all in games. It's like with Red Dead Redemption. It has a morality system but it's easier to just be good because you won't be chased by the law and you get a discount at the stores. Also, it doesn't have any impact on the overall story. It doesn't change the ending of John Marston being shot up by the government agents. Why even bother putting a morality system in if it doesn't change the outcome?

It sounds like you're playing the wrong games, really. Try playing something like Thief, Fallout, or Hotline Miami. All of those are much more morally ambiguous and, in the case of Fallout, offer you choices as to what kind of person your character is. Many RPGs offer similar choices, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to RPGs. Maybe another user has some suggests for OP? You could also check out Infamous, which let's you play as a "hero" or as a "villain;" although it is only a binary choice.

here's an example
in Morrowind, Dagoth Ur invites you to join him, but the game won't let you

because it's just be the same missions except you just gun down JTF instead of cleaners.

And instead of moving the napalm filled truck away from the camp, you move it over the camp.

I hear from some reliable people who don't typically play Dogshit cakes that this one is actually pretty fun. What is the verdict?

(Modern) Morality systems exist to make stupid normalfags think that what they're playing is DEEP and INTELLECTUAL. That way they can pretend they're smart and their video game time has any value beyond simple entertainment.

But in the story the first wave of Division agents suffered a schism and a percentage of them went rogue.
It's just assumed your character never really felt like doing the same.

user the government are the bad guys.

nobody wants to play as a nigger

Because it's beyond the scope of the game.

Fuck shooting guns, I want to open a hair salon in that game and it won't let me. What a shitty game.

not to mention you can literally go rogue and kill allies all you want in the dark zone, there's just no story for it because they're not going to make two games at once

might as well just make one corridor with both ends marked beginning and end and make the player go to the other end to win. Ship for 50$ and GOTY nomination incoming any day.

We already have CoD

Because otherwise games would be banned. They already are hanging on the thin thread.

Attached: 98633.jpg (320x320, 22.23K)

Attached: TURN UP THE RADIO.webm (626x305, 3.91M)

Because you play shit games?

Attached: 1365478183097.jpg (1000x1000, 247.53K)

You can't play as a bad guy in a Tom Clancy™ game.

lol gamefags topic

Well, I think it's more you can't play as a terrorist. I'm hoping in The Division 2 they let you be a rogue Or better yet as the REAL good guys, The Cleaners. Or LMB

To be honest it'd be nice if they'd go full MMO and have factions you can join, though i'm not sure how it'd change Darkzone interaction… and i GUARANTEE they'll have a Darkzone in 2, given it's prominence in advertising and content for the first game. They better make a shitload of improvements though.

Attached: 0e5ce6779d137d3d4c8522374a8bb11f38983dfa423a571f230e42aa65cb880b.jpg (736x1002, 81.9K)

You realize this game is published by ubishit and you are totally wasting your time hoping for anything positive? Enjoy your overpowered DLC and female empowerment.

Attached: 1463305486604798126.png (1280x720, 981.85K)

The Tom Clancy games have a bizarre policy where you can't play as terrorists. That's why Rainbow Six Patriots was probably cancelled.

Being a Hero of Justice is both fun and makes me feel good.
Being a bad person makes me feel bad.

Attached: kamen rider.jpg (720x960, 89.38K)

What's the last not-shit game where you can play as hero of justice though?
Last time I tried some licensed kamen rider game on PSP and it was utter garbage. So was Garo game on PS2 before that.
There gotta be something good right?

Attached: Casshern 2004 Uncut 720p BluRay x264-EbP.mkv_snapshot_00.41.58_[2016.10.03_23.19.02].jpg (1280x536, 266.01K)

There is nothing bizzare about it. You are always good guy, them are always terrorists and war criminals. Official position of every county.

Attached: rl.jpg (443x638, 111.89K)

This seems to extend to the multiplayer as well. Special Forces kill each other instead of terrorists.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to kill absolutely anyone you come across in The Witcher 3.

It's this kind of trash morality systems that most modern games seem to use these days. I just want to be given a decent scenario where you can make multiple choices for different reasons that just "good choice v bad choice". Unfortunatly it seems most game devs are full of leftists and that kind of writing is completely against the beliefs of the modern left.

Yeah like that Playstation 3 game where you had the elecric powers, Infamous?

You were either a saint or a murderer of the innocent, no in between grounds

Bioshock did the same thing, either you were jesus or a literal baby eater

Bioware hit on a succeful format with Knight of the Old Republic. In a Star Wars game, the hard morality make sense of course, Light and Dark side shit. But then they got lazy and copypasted their hard morality into everything.

The biggest problem I have with morality being pushed hard in a game is the simple fact that I might not ascribe to your morality. Fallout 3 is a fine example, with the Vampires. Motherfuckers are Canibals. They learned to "only" drink blood, because killing people to consume all their blood is somehow better than just shooting them and eating their corpse. Yet Fallouts devs decided the vamps were good guys, and killing them made you evil. Total Horseshit.

Bottom line: it's a shitty way for devs to push their own values on their audience.

Say what you will about the game, but it's one reason why I love the Kane & Lynch series so much. You're not heros saving the day, you're playing as criminals who are only concerned about themselves.

Attached: fuck everything.jpg (600x302, 27.04K)

this is why i like the l4d1 survivors post sacrifice, it even has a stupid fucking woman bitching about what had to be done for survival

l4d2 survivors are just shit in comparison

I wish they made another K&L.

One instance where morality was done really well in a game was the final choice in Witcher 2. My memory is pretty terrible since I played it 7 years ago but IIRC it involved handing over someone to an opposing country or keeping them, it wasn't a clear cut good or bad decision, I actually had to stop for a couple minutes and seriously weigh the pros and cons of both. Much much better than braindead obvious good guy choice, braindead obvious bad guy choice, lol so funnay XD choice. Though it was pretty pointless in the end since I didn't get to see the reprecussions of my action and never played Witcher 3 because they switched over to retarded Batman style combat. They should have kept the DS inspired stuff from 2 and mixed it with the stances from 1, that would have been pretty great.

Attached: possummad.jpg (900x904, 152.22K)

isn't that just nioh? pretty good game, also happens to feature a white haired rough dude.

I would be dubious if they did, IO lost K&L when they split from squeenix, so they'd find a way to fuck it up. I'd just really like another game that has a game mode that's similar to Fragile Alliance.

Don't worry, nothing you did actually makes a difference, they retconned it all

I hate when the Empire is so needlessly brutal and oppressive it seems designed to create as many rebels as possible.
Having a "humans first" policy means lots of people are born with a reason to dislike you.
Having a "failure is death" policy means lots of people have nothing to lose by betraying you.

Attached: sheev.jpg (1920x818, 90.97K)

You'd think in a galaxy teaming with alien races and species, and after the planet where the clones are built is more or less in ruin that they would have long since expanded to at least having aliens serving in some capacity. At least with Warhammer 40k it's everything by default is out to kill , rape, or steal your soul, or some combination of the three so you're more or less stuck with what little remains of what you have, but Star Wars' Empire (both iterations) doesn't even have this as an excuse.

Then again, it'd also be nice to have a decent Start Wars movie without some variation of Death Star.

Further the structure of empires actually lead them away from ethnically based structures towards ethnically egalitarian ones as the administrative structures always outgrow the original populace. See Rome, all the Persian empires, the British Empire.

Being lawless should get you a different kind of bonus. For example, you can make the game more challenging for yourself if you want but you can steal stuff from stores and get access to black market dealers. Makes the game more exciting if you feel it's a bit too easy and gives you different content to reward you. Both choices should provide a satisfying gameplay experience though.
Of course, this can be quite a bit of effort so it's understandable if a dev doesn't want to got the extra mile.

Nonhumans aren’t people. ALL MEDIA THAT INCLUDES MULTI-SPECIES “GOVERNMENTS” IS KIKE COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA. No sapient species that survives will allow any other sapient species to exist. There is no peace between niche competitors. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS.

I wonder why games based on universes created by a guy who made his name writing anti-terrorism novels would not let you be the terrorist.

Wasn't Sheev just prepping for the YV?

Actually, after reading your post, I'm inclined to know whether there are any games with multiple choices and multiple endings.

right, but I want to move the napalm filled truck over the camp, and kill JTF