Real Talk

Real Talk
How did this not get leaked?
No one, not a single rumor mentioned Smash 5. No one expected Smash 5. It's been in development long enough where it's going to release this year and yet not a peep.

Attached: 61137_02_super-smash-bros-switch-confirmed-2018[1].jpg (620x336, 14.13K)

it won't come out for another 3 years anyway

Are you retarded? It literally said 2018 in the trailer. What do you think that number could possibly hint to?

The date of the next teaser trailer :^)

We already have a thread.

That's about the game itself. I just want to know how nintendo managed to keep this game, the most rumored and most hyped about series of the last decade online a secret.

Because leaks and rumors are bullshit

It's simple.
No one believed any leaks that were out there.
Everyone laughed and said "lol you nigger they won't announce it on a random direct, they'll wait for E3!"
That's what I believed too.

That, and they also prevented Mega Man, Cloud and Bayonetta from being leaked. Not perfect but the biggest characters are the ones they managed to hide.

Attached: af820575b43693ab49fd636395d71edc.png (707x1000, 422.78K)

Honestly, this. Someone could come into this thread and post a video of the entire unlocked character roster, go into a battle and play a full match full of sound clips. And you know what we'd do? Assume it was a hacked version of Brawl running on an emulator on a tablet and call him a faggot.

That's the more likely scenario though. It's like if real aliens came to you, in your room, right now, you would not believe it and think it's an elaborate hoax, because the hoax is the more plausible scenario.

Oh man, this reminds of when the 3DS screens got leaked years ago. I was in that thread, and man, it was a shitshow to behold.

Precisely. There are near daily "leaks" that will include something with could stomach and accept like Excite Bike Racer or Dr. Wily or Phoenix Wright. Some things that we want like King K Rool or Cranky Kong and something 'Out there' but still believable like Mike Jones from StarTropics or Crash Bandicoot. Season liberally with "A representative from the new Fire Emblem game to be annouced at this year's E3" and bam, you've got yourself a 'leak'

"Leaks" and "rumors" are bullshit. No one leaks marketing material without managements permission. Fucking assclowns all of you.

Not 100% true. From what I've seen leaks close to release usually don't have that sort of "feeling". They also don't make much sense from a marketing perspective.

I think the key to this shit is finding a leak with a character that IS part of Nintendo's backlog, but doesn't exactly 'fit' or get people hype. It's been too long, but I think I remember the leaks from 2014 and people claiming that the Duck Hunt Duo taking up a slot added to it being fake. Similarly, people claimed that the Brawl roster leaks were fake because they added R.O.B. and removed Mewtwo. Chances are there'll be some weird, retro character that doesn't seem like they warrant a spot but are part of Nintendo's history, like the Sheriff from that one arcade game, the guy from Balloon Fight, or even Disk-kun for all I know, and that'll get leaked yet no one will believe it.

Because it’s Smash 4 Deluxe, not smash 5. That’s why it wasn’t leaked.

Now that you mention it, Balloon Fight might actually get a slot in honor of Iwata.

Leaks are extremely rare, there are just fake ones aplenty. When you exclude rating boards, resumes, patents and government certifications (the source of most leaks) they are virtually non-existent.

Even rarer is to leak the announcement itself. There are very few people who know the announcement itself. It's not uncommon for people working on something to learn details about a project when it's publicly announced

It got leaked by neofag, believe it or not Emily Rogers may have a legitimate source with this and the Labo thing. She at least gets trailers early if anything.

Oh and excluding retailer listings are.

Im going to laugh at all of you dipshits who thought that this game is not smash 5.
I should screencap your post for later to give you fags the extra sense of embarrassment but that is too much work for me.

Attached: 914a76fae86769f602b9b1c708a0ad2a7844d9e59a849773470845378cd2ed8b.jpg (638x960, 112.26K)

Cry more, Smash Deluxe-fag.

Because only a very small team is working on it. It's a new game like people say, but it's also a half-port, borrowing a lot of elements and code from Smash 4, more so than how previous Smash Bros would borrow code, hence they don't need as much staff.

Attached: 7bda9c5a28dcc771ff9495e239df8a0d9346b52b0db3d44666f256e1345d29a9.jpg (252x250, 17.35K)

It's literally been confirmed to be a sequel. Fuck off

Confirmed where? A vague tweet from Sakurai isn't confirmation, not that I'm doubting you.

Attached: 71165e607744a8567a7168a2121b6151e647b32f6bb477c5433b19e80d0dde63.jpg (1266x840, 252.14K)

[citation needed]

Oh and there would be no reason to make a trailer like this if it were just a port. CGI trailers take time and money.

The title is just Super Smash Bros for now, theres no way anyone would believe a leak with just that, it's not enough info