Not only did The Surge get a expansion this week but its also got a sequel announced?

and nobody cared. Talk about the game that time forgot huh?

I'm replaying it now and reminded why i loved it but also its flaws. Flamethrower fucks are still broken and sometimes grinding is key but the setting, themes and gameplay are a good balance between Bloodborne and Nioh and i'm now pretty excited to get to the DLC in my NG and for the sequel.

Did anyone even know this game had dlc? let alone a sequel due out THIS year?

Attached: the surge 2.jpg (1280x720 342.69 KB, 195.19K)

Stop shilling this game, fucking nobody knew about it before you started shilling it.

Never change "that 'first' user that wants us all to know he doesnt care". Never change.

Heard it was shit so never even pirated it.
Also I don't like the look of the armors or the setting.

Jesus Christ you're desperate.

le darksouls is every thing meme

I heard about the sequel, had no idea about the expansion. Personally i never bothered with it because the weapon animations looked slow and awful.

Never will. Elex is a better game.

Attached: Elex.jpg (640x360, 73.8K)

Attached: desperate.webm (1280x720, 368.71K)

Its okay. Trouble is when its 'from the creators of lords of the fallen' thats a fucking lot of 'fool me twice' to get over.
Fortunately its much, much better than lords of the fallen. Its not Nioh good but its a solid 6/10 with some fun mechanics like part cutting for gear drops and upgrades. See a guy with a new weapon? focus on that limb and cut it off to get the weapon or the blueprint to make it.

It's ok for a soulslike.

Game looks decent, but nothing really hooked me.

Don't play this shit
There's no invincibility frames, and every enemy has the worst fucking hitboxes and tracking I've seen since Dark Souls 2

Attached: huh.png (500x323, 18.53K)

Are you that same user that got super autistic about this in monster hunter threads?

No, and I don't mind that in Monhun. It's not a fast game, and monster attacks are super telegraphed anyway.

Why do you need I-frames? Just learn to dodge lol

I'm surprised Games Workshop isn't suing over that chainsword design in 2.

Attached: 6f8c273a49.jpg (853x480, 41.87K)

Attached: can't argue with that.png (636x440, 114.99K)

Way to dodge the question. Seriously, most games that let you dodge don't have i-frames and people got by fine. Was Dark Souls your first action game?

I got the game like a year ago, played it for about 20 hours between two characters and left off after a little while into the penultimate area. About 3 months ago, learned there was a theme park DLC and got back into it and increased that playtime to around 200+ hours so far. It's a compact third person action game with rpg elements-like. There's not as much weapon/armor/enemy variety as a From game, and not as much combat depth as Nioh, but what it does have it does really, really well. There's a combo system that you can access from almost every attack except drop ones, there's only one stat you can directly level, which affects everything from equip load to health increase. Attack stats come from weapon and proficiency level, and the latter only really matters after multiple ng+'s. Armor affects damage reduction and stamina/magic usage, and the implant system manages all the other parts of a build.

You are objectively wrong, both dodging and perfectly countering enemies give you i-frames.

Attached: Tiny dragon in a hazmat suit.png (160x160, 2.83K)

Played the base game for a few hours and liked it, felt like a solid 7 to me. Ill probably go back and finish it one of these days.

Lords of the Fallen ruined that studio due to how blah it was
Does the Surge at least break away from the Souls formula like Nioh did in terms of gameplay, where there's some similarities but the games play completely differently

Go back.

Its way more like bloodborne with eternal darkness's part selection. dodge in and out fast and abuse enemies attacking and missing to get in and body them.

Pirate it and see for yourself, I thought the game was a lot better than lords of the fallen.

Its just 'first post user'. Go check out the catalogue its his hobby.

there's a difference between talking about them and shilling for them

I've been telling americucks this for years.
Seriously though learn how dodge an attack instead of relying on a crutch.

And how can you tell the difference? How do you know OP doesnt really like the game and is just shilling? What does the difference in being a fan and wanting others to try something and being a shill even look like?

the election and Holla Forums brought in hordes of normalfags who think Holla Forums is all about hating vidya

interesting, may give it a spin then. It's not nearly as slow/clunky as LotF is it?

depends on rig. You are best off starting Lynx over Rhino at the beginning. It has a gear set bonus promoting sanic speed.

They should make a game with "souls" gameplay but you pilot mechs and can change just about every part on the mech including the body and whatever weapons it's carrying.
I'd prefer a mech souls to this cyborg crap.
It'd be a good system for a new Front Mission or Armored Core game.

I am actually surprised. This looked like a pricey game to make so how the fuck was it such a success that they can justify a sequel even though it fucking fizzled?
Unless it's reusing all the old assets and they're trying to learn from their mistakes by essentially remaking the game.
Which if they actually deliver on might not be so bad, but who the fuck are we fooling here

Elex is a heaping pile of shit, enemies are bullet sponges and character progression is fucking boring, I don't get why you gothic faggots defend this cancerous game, fuck you and your shit taste.

nice bait, moecuck, kill yourself.

It's actually the user base of Holla Forums that give people this impression. Unless it's something super autistic and/or weeb (usually one and the same), Holla Forums will just instantly shit all over it. And then you have the spergs who scream "HURR DURR SHILL HURR DURR" at any mention of video games on a board meant for the discussion of video games.

Attached: Oh Look its V.jpg (214x236, 9.47K)

Its shit.

u r shit

you’re shit

Only japs seem to be able to get the gameplay formula right.

posting some screenshots I took recently

Attached: The Surge_20180222230956.jpg (1920x1080 166.76 KB, 178.03K)

In theory, Elex has everything i should love. But everytime i start playing, i last about an hour before the disappointment sets in.

To be honest we used to call them "marketers" and they were all over 4chan, speaking in lingo nobody would say on here like "Wow I thought you were a connoseir of First Person Shooter" etc. I wouldn't think anyone would be eager to market to Holla Forums unless they hinge on its political past and go with an OP with something along the line of "SJW ARE BUTTHURT BECAUSE OF THIS"".

i didn't buy it when people pointed out it sets a time limit to get your shit back when you die

that's not hard , that's scummy

What the fuck man, thats like not playing a game because some enemies are purple. Who gives a shit about that mechanic, they should have just made you lose your shit when you die.

Its balanced by letting you bank souls at any time you visit an ops center/bonfire. If you can't get back you went to far unprepared.

I just can't get excited over a Souls clone without invasion fuckery to spice things up. I don't find the games challenging compared to your average Ys on Inferno or whatever. Since From dropped the ball on invasions so hard since DaS2, you'd think some other devs would jump on it, steal that community, and make bank. What a dull and primitive state things are in.

so youre angry you can't easily gank noobs anymore? lol scrub

Except this game is pretty much exactly dark souls without the invasions.

He's also retarded because there are I-frames when you dodge.

Got kinda bored with it due to the lack of enemy variety.

I like how that parodies modern art yet is also artistically superior and I wouldn't mind hanging that on my wall.

The jetpack needed to be upgradable but it is not.

Subhumans shouldn't post here, go back to cuckchan. I'm mad because I can't chase someone naked through a level trying to kick them off of a bridge or cliff while making perverse emotes and noises at them. It's way more fun than the duels and arena garbage.

You thought you had an argument didn't you?
Well think again faglord.

Could never find an exact number but apparently the budget was pretty slim, so selling only a 500,000 from release to December on all platforms actually made a decent profit.

That mod looks cool.

Pissy western marketer detected.

covert "FIRST xDD"fags should be banned

Attached: the drone is my waifu 2 revengeance.webm (1280x720, 10.86M)

Attached: the surge 3.webm (1280x720, 12.25M)

There's exoskeletons but no power armor, for some reason.

I dont think he meant "weeb" to mean japanese games in general. Japan still puts out plenty of decent normal things, not just "I wanna be a girl but I'm not really a trannyfaggot!" material.
There's something wrong with you.

Attached: pain in the ass 1.webm (1280x720 12.57 MB, 1.97M)

Attached: The Surge_20180219232736.jpg (1920x1080 293.68 KB, 449.26K)

unfounded shillcusations should be a bannable offense if you ask me, they re guaranteed to tank a thread while being a free get out of jail card from mod interference because muh plausible deniability

Attached: industrial grade proctology 4.webm (640x360, 15.54M)

looks shit tbh, downboat

>>>/oven/

Why the fuck game designed around hightec plays like medieval fantasy? Why everything should act like its a literal dark souls with metal skin?
Its shit and the idea is stupid.

Imagine being such a no fun assburger as this user.

fun is outlawed and talking about video games is illegal

there are i-frames for dodging, evading and countering, sound like you need to git gud

Mother fucking what? What does that even mean? You block attacks with a shield? You use melee weapons at all? It's shit because western devs can't get the "souls" gameplay right.
Again…mother…fucking…what?

Its not just that you use melee attacks, its that you primarily use melee attacks and the whole game is built around melee attacks, but its a necessity given that the reason you don't see a whole lot of sci-fi souls is that if you did, it'd basically be a third-person shooter. The one soulsborne game with actual guns relegates them to an entirely secondary role given how they are not built for dealing damage.

I haven't gotten very far into Surge before deleting it but aren't there some guns you can use too? There should be.

Naisu. I played through it twice and got reasonably gud at the game. It had some neat stuff going for it, but a lot of bullshit too. As long as they don't build up from scratch and instead go back to the base game and just refine, tweak, and unfuck some of the wonky mechanics, I'd be happy to actually buy a sequel.

West just can't into good games.
They can't even ape japanaese games.
Surge is just shit, it's not fun to play.
If you're sick of souls but still want something similar - play Nioh instead.

This fucking retard thinks publishers spend marketing budget dollars on targeting a board that maybe, just maybe, has a user count in the triple digits on a good day.

And they still fail by our actions.
Stay mad, western failure.

We get at least three thousand users daily by ISP count.

Let me know when there's character creation.

Its a shit game made by shit devs that spew out shovelware.

You need your disabled exo suit waifu?

among other things

Kinda the half point of a "Souls" style game. Either make an abomination or a waifu. A game can't truly claim to be "Souls" like it doesn't let you do that.

I've played the original. There are a lot of problems with the game that not even demons souls had. That and there isn't enough content in it to justify full price. There are only 5 or so bosses and the gear variety is lackluster.

When did
became

The game looks fun and all, but are there waraxes?

Who would've thought?

A few years ago. Get on with the times, user.

I feel the same way. I even enjoyed the risen 2 and 3 but elex is boring as hell.

Attached: 1dd46143b3cf634e53928d63def278ee364c286f3d9d18a4860eb12944f7eca4.png (223x235, 53K)

Mentioning The Surge is a good way to start The Sperg.

They announced it for the sequel.

Attached: AtleastI'mcompetitivelyviable.png (778x772, 651.05K)

not to mention, why would there be piles of guns around an industrial area or corporate headquarters

Normie fucktards flooded Holla Forums in the last year and all they think you're allowed to talk about is Dragon's Dogma/Monster Hunter/Waifu Simulators/Few fighting games/Mount and Blade/Chivalry Medieval Warfare and whatever JRPG is popular at the time

Pay them no fucking mind, they'll always be retarded

Polite way of saying Holla Forums and Holla Forums

Attached: 6522582285_021be23653_z.jpg (234x255 148.89 KB, 13.86K)

Attached: 49E16E53-7C15-49C8-9CEE-FD0F76A12306.png (584x463, 175.96K)

Attached: fuck you reddit.webm (854x480, 367.46K)

Incredibly fucking bland game where the armor did not matter and you had very little places to grind certain equipment. It was really raw and unpolished. The worst example of a Soulsesque game. The designs were not that bad, though, and some weapons were fun.
Basically it's wasted potential. Should be not getting expansions/sequels because they probably will not be better at all.

lol butthurt normies

lol butthurt black bastard.

>>>/trannypol/
>>>/suicide/
>>>/gaschamber/
>>>/oven/

Your so buttblasted you don't even know you've become a chew toy.

Attached: Bait_Shop.png (1173x895, 754.94K)

The Surge was superior to Nioh and Dark Souls 3 in my opinion. It felt like a new industrial themed Bloodborne or Dark Souls with less bosses. Only issues were lack of weapon and enemy variety. I liked the levelling system that lets you swap builds on the fly. DLC was fun and i'm pleased The Surge 2 is happening, especially if Dark Souls 4 / Bloodborne 2 is never ever.

Get. Fucking. Good.

You're a fucking idiot. Getting real tired of waifu cucks ruining online communities.

I bought and played the original. It had the foundations of a good souls~esque game. The biggest drawback were the bosses though. They felt limited and more like a chore than a boss. Too much of a focus on parts and less on the boss as a whole.

All together I did enjoy the scifi theme and enjoyed the time I played, and hearing it got a sequel I hope they improved on the parts where it fell short without dropping the scifi feel.

6/10 on the original, hopes for the sequel.

Honestly compared to everything else they felt less focused on. Things like the aggro meter or how knocking off limbs would or wouldn't give up the better weapon made it feel like they were more proofs of concept rather than actual designed challenges.

It's around 2500 active ISPs from the front page., and there's always around 10% of that in the PPH.

Pirated it after reading this thread and dropped it 5 hours later.

Getting one-shotted by a guy jumping out from around a corner is just plain fucking cheap, trying to run back to grab my shit within a fucking 3 minute time limit only to have to fight a retardedly overpowered boss I wasn't even aware of is grounds for dismissal.

git gud
but yeah the game does have some cunty enemy placement from time to time, nothing you couldnt dodge away from tbh

Attached: the surge 5.webm (1280x720, 15.31M)

Fuck off shill.

Hi dev, will we get full body armors this time?