All these modern games want to call themselves Esports

Is there any modern non figthing games that are actually competitive and have depth? I want nothing more than to spend hundreds of hours learning how to get gud at a game but so far all i'm seeing is casual baby shit pretending to be hardcore.

Other urls found in this thread:

huxley.net/bnw-revisited/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

unironically law breakers

You meant that ironically right?

;^)

We'll never know not enough people played it to see what the skill ceiling was.

Age of Empires 2
Xonotic

We should make lawbreakers our own since the player base is gone, not only will we have a new good FPS to play, but Cliff Bleszinski will find it infuriating that evil right-wingers bought his game and saved it.

We talking about the same Lawbreakers?

Lawbreakers probably wouldn't have died if they made it Free 2 Play like originally planned. Instead they went
I am certain that if they made it F2P tomorrow they would at least get a few people playing it, of course that would require Cliffy to swallow his pride and admit he was wrong. Now he has a game with literally 0 players in it

Never buy anything from Cliff Bleszinski. Wait for it to be cracked, with pirate servers, or never play it.

Puyopuyo x Tetris can definitely be played competitively. Also something like the Gundam Versus series aren't considered fighters.

The character design are pretty shit though and the game is generally just kind of ugly.

I don't follow eshit, have any games been banned for being too noncasual?

DotA 2.

Cliff, just stop embarassing yourself.

Welcome to dystopian my friend the cure is cannabis and read this

huxley.net/bnw-revisited/

There are no cunts in control if its by double speak only.

Esports has no regulation like MLG used to back in the day. The "esport" scene is ran by the people who made the game. So every company labels their game an esport and runs events for it. It doesn't matter if the game can be considered remotely competitive or not, as long as people are entertained and they can keep decent concurrent viewership it is called an esport.

Video games sports is just the same autism as poker, filled with an absolutely absurd amount of RNG. Retards will unironically claim that reacting to the completely randomness that can lose you the match is apart of the "skill" involved. No one with a 3 digit IQ actually takes it seriously.

Old-school classless shooters are the closest thing you can get to a video game sport, and perhaps shit like chess.

how does lethal league rate?

Football. Literally walking simulator. Do you know why it is so? Of course you don't.

Implying you can get gud.

Despite all RNG you will never ever win any major so called by you "casual" esports event. How it feels to be born without any luck?

I don't believe I used that word.

Op used. But if you don't like it you can supply me with another word i can put after "so called". I am waiting.

I don't agree with attributing the label "casual" to games because with enough autism anyone can sink a ridiculous amount of time into a game. It's a pretty arbitrary term that has no real meaning.

Either way the sentiment that most modern games can not be considered truly competitive still holds true. You've agreed with this and seem just be posting inane weebshit so I'll just go ahead and filter you.

No, it is you who agreed with fact you can't win in any so called by you "no word supplied" games.

Aside from the fact literally everyone on here knows exactly what it refers to.

It's a meaningless arbitrary term when it comes to the competitive aspect of games. I'm well aware of what the word usually implies.

90% of the time a competitive game is called casual because the skill ceiling is low. Usually from things in the game that has no way to be played around capping everyone off, or maybe the game has no skill other than memorizing mechanics and counters and seeing who can do the established meta faster/better. Pretty much all games today come out with an extremely low skill floor. To achieve this they usually neuter the hell out of the game, as to not overwhelm new players.

Found the nigger.

Perhaps you could give some examples. If we look at a game like WoW (not that it's a good example for a competitive game but it illustrates my point), it's been incredibly "casualized", but at the high end it's more difficult than ever. The difficulty is entirely artificial, but the point is that sometimes casualization of a game doesn't necessarily make it any easier to play at a competitive level.

Ultimately it's still difficult to play, but layers and layers of elements that are out of your control devolve games into a cesspool of artificial difficulty.

Oh so you mean

Found the triple nigger. It was a double nigger until I noticed it could not spell.

Classical Holla Forums.

I suppose. But it's not always so cut and dry.

They aren't easy, but they can't be taken seriously because of random elements that are completely out of your control. Imagine if the distance you kicked a ball in soccer was fucking randomly generated. People would think it's a retarded ""sport"" because every aspect of the game isn't in the control of the player.

You're being disingenuous if you think people are claiming they can easily be the best in the world at ASSFAGGOTS. You don't need to be a professional player to recognize a fundamental flaw in competitive video games.

Like in real life lul?

So much this.

Attached: coming back.png (600x600 42.34 KB, 11.68M)

What random elements in assfaggots are you talking about?
The only one I can even think of is the random dragon spawns in League.

Crit rates probably.

But crit items often have to be built very slowly before they're of real value, they're typically some of the most expensive items, so you have plenty of time to analyze your lane opponent's, and the entire enemy team's, itemization over the course of a match.

it doesn't take much effort to analize a enemy who plays by textbook standards.

Attached: 1311806774072.gif (322x176, 1.91M)

Dota is an incredibly random game with a fuck ton of RNG crit bullshit. One lucky crit is a huge difference.

Dota still requires a lot of effort to play effectively at high levels. This is not being disputed. The point is that any game with artificial difficulty can not be taken seriously as a sport. And randomness is artificial difficulty. Artificial difficulty can make games more interesting or more fun, and even more difficult, but it can not under any circumstance make a game more competitive.

Dota also is not a mechanically difficult game. It's why a lot of people tend to shy away from it. Your skill in Dota revolves almost entirely around being able to multi-task and micro manage things, and your ability to coordinate with other players and communicate effectively. It has more of a knowledge ceiling than a skill ceiling, whereas arena shooters are the pinnacle of mechanical skill and have significantly less strategic aspects to them.

The problem with competitive games that are strategy centric like Dota over mechanics, is that they can become stale over time without artificial aspects. So valve decided to just randomly change the map, change the items, change virtually everything about original warcraft dota into whatever the fuck it is now. Changing the "meta" is artificial difficulty.

I can't speak for LoL because I'm not some subhuman hapa, but I'm sure you can apply everything I said about dota to it ten fold.

Well, WipeOut is not a very casual-friendly game and the newest one is for the PS Vita. There's Omega Collection for the PS4, but it's a port of three of the WipeOut games. (HD, HD Fury and 2048)

Attached: meme warfare.gif (659x609, 836.11K)

Wipeout servers are shutting off in like 1 month

Omega collection? I don't think so, it hasn't even been a year since it came off. What's your point?

I tought they are all shutting off. My point was just that there is no point in getting competitive in a game that is about to shut down.

Non Fighting games becasue Fighting games have been around long before "esports" and because they are the only group of competitive games left, but I want something besides that because I am getting bored playing the same fucking genre for thousands of hours.

There's this thing called local multiplayer y'know.

It can't be shutting down. As I said, WipeOut Omega Collection isn't even 1 year old. Show me evidence that the servers for that game, a PS4, not PS3 one, are going to shut down.

Attached: delet this.gif (640x360, 4.66M)

Bait, but I'll give a response. The argument isn't that the games are easy, but that they are heavily dictated by random elements beyond any person's control (and with/besides that, shitty games). Much like no one would touch brawl over melee (not to imply melee is a good example of a competitive game)over a variety of issues but one of the most iconic being the random tripping mechanic. There is "random" elements in real life, as says, but even so there is no reason to compound this with dice rolls. The random/unpredictable element should be in me the player not knowing the schemes of my opponent and making mistakes in planning or in immediate action.
This isn't even touching on the social requirement of ASSFAGGOTry: you need connections in the industry, and you need friends. Guess what Holla Forumsirgins lack in.

Go play the more japanese games, then it's mostly asians. Or play kof for mexicans. Or melty blood if you want to play in a parking lot.

Attached: melty blood cc.webm (480x360, 3.74M)

I also want to go back to playing online games with a thuggery mentality

The only competitive games that do that are fucking fighting games and even than that's being pushed back as much as it can by CapCum

I want to re-live my glory days of League of Legends Season 1

But I doubt it can happen due to the basic bitch modern day audience who have now dictated what "fun" is

Don't listen to this guy fam, I've got a pickup. We're not limited to the parking lot, we can go where we want.

But only within 3 miles. Gas is expensive.

Age of Empires 2
Supreme Commander (with Forged Alliance Forever)
Xonotic
Possibly CS: GO but I've never played it. I have a friend who plays it religiously though. He's often mad.
I guess you could count Brood War, it's not dead yet.

Most of these are RTS. I have no idea of any FPS worth playing competitive aside from Xonotic. I wonder if people still play Quake 3.

I've heard people throwing around the idea of trying to get Peach Beach Splash considered a competitive shooter.

I think they were just taking the piss, but that's how it always starts before some retard comes along and thinks it's actually not a bad idea.

Attached: katsuragi-senran-kagura-peach-beach-splash-91.5.jpg (210x240, 19.2K)

Attached: 1404733734194.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

It says a lot when the only RNG in the entire game that you can play around that makes you consider the situationuphill miss is something from WC3.

Fun fact: no single RTS player ever won against MOBA team. Why are RTS players such no skills?

Starcraft 2.
Its less hardcore than Starcraft 1, but much more hardcore than pretty much every other esport that's still relevant right now.

Both games involve memorizing a ton of shit and seeing whoever can do the same established meta faster. MobAs are heavier in memorization, RTSs being heavier on grinding out the same motions faster. So when a player who transitions to a game where none of their skills apply and plays against players who memorized every counter under the sun, chances are they're going to lose.

I haven't even had a decent time multiplayer since SoF knife flinging magic. Maybe a few Battlefront games came close.

JUST
Battlefield. Still, the original Battlefront games weren't bad.

Sure if you mean RNG accuracy and lootboxes.

Attached: dc72de0dada9ee8634eb457a8204dc857fc0c7b72f136b966480b96970019f37.png (218x217, 65.43K)

RTS is the most disgusting fucking strategy genre. It's all about clicking around like a nigger and has barely any actual thought in it. Even blitz (insert turn based game) is better as a concept over RTS.

IRL you can't controls several players at once so comparison is not proper.

What about a guy with five guns against five guys with a gun each?
It's gonna be ridiculous either way because the "base" of the comparisons is already ridiculous.

This always disappointed me about RTS'. They never evolved. People on here even screech about WC3 changing the formula too much from WC2 which I dropped because it felt like every RTS ever

Attached: smile-with-the-carat-nose.jpg (960x540, 79.8K)

5 guys have 5 times more hit points combined. Different amount of available resources. Fail.

What about car controlled by five drivers. One is steering wheel, second is controlling the gas, third controls the brakes, fourth is shifting gears and fifths is looking down the road and coordinates them all. This is your MOBA team. Total clusterfuck.
vs
Singe driver controlling everything.

Who would win? Answer is obvious unless someone is totally, fully, irrecoverably bad at driving.

I can tell you've never played Supreme Commander. Hell, even Age of Empires 2 is far removed from the gookclick that you describe.

can you give me some hints for this sort of thing i'm still kinda fuzzy on how to get scripts to reference each other.

I bet you also think all fighting games require long 20-button moves because MK exists.

:v)

Attached: dead game.png (900x675, 1.09M)

Being casual and being eSports literally go hand in hand
eSports fags suck dick at actually playing the game in virtually any setting except actual fighting games
See:
Meleefags
Comptf2Fags
HaloFags (With the rare exception being the ONE tournament that actually played some of the popular modes)
Overwatchfags (Literally just comp tf2 fags again which is why they have to constantly lie about how many people are even playing)
Competitive Mario Kart players (who play with no items but mushrooms, yes it's a real thing)

you can't make an eSport. Competitive scenes are organic.

Counter-strike, Fighting games and Brood Wars, Quake 3 Arena were for the longest time community run and funded.

Every other "eSport" only exists due to jew bucks.

I do find it pretty fucking hilarious how the faggots that cry that video gaming isn't diverse and that you'll only see men in eSports completely ignore the FGC.
I don't look at 'publications' like Kotaku and Polygon, but I haven't heard a single thing from them about the Tekken team of 5 captained by a black woman with an tranny team member winning a tournament that is going to be broadcasted on TV. You'd think that they'd be screaming about that shit from fucking mountain tops, but because someone that calls them retards basically owns the tournament they're not gonna give them a second of publicity.
It's so fucking obvious these cunts don't actually care about the shit they preach, and it's so fucking infuriating that it becomes so obvious if you look into for a fucking millisecond.

Attached: e9ef867bd788332b3309392bf89aefb722af8aed0c1379e94020db057cd68090.png (210x268, 87.06K)