Ace of Spades off-week Gamenight

Ace of Spades 0.54
Live server at aos://3597858117
Official start time: 2pm EST

DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE
Installer: mega.nz/#!TBpX2RJD!BMqj9HCT-7vnLtlWnbANa6c2iQ3ZHK-XbjLJD-HJe-8
or files.catbox.moe/kduwfq.msi
Have this zip copy too if you'd prefer: mega.nz/#!uVplBBjS!wQZknMKrQbNigbWAPeCiJ-S0nWKGvkHXADmF4yNuc10
or files.catbox.moe/j68ryk.zip
It has a FAL for the semi and MP5K for the smg

Edit config.ini to change your name and screen resolution. Speaking of that, every single change to the server demands a restart. That means the server will restart often so don't panic when it does, just wait a minute and reconnect. You can see the version history here to see why we're playing 0.54: web-beta.archive.org/web/20160313140048/http://aoswiki.rakiru.com/index.php/Patches

HOW TO CONNECT
(((Windows))): If you run the installer, you should be able to just paste aos://3597858117 into your web browser.
If that doesn't work: use the command prompt and enter "C:\Ace of Spades\client.exe" -aos://3597858117 (you can just copy the bold text and right-click paste or find the exe and drag it into the window if you're too lazy to type that part)
Linux: Run the installer with wine msiexec /i aos054install.msi. Run wine client.exe -aos://3597858117 in the terminal.
Macintosh: Get the fuck out of here.

Remember,
USE THE ARROW KEYS TO CHANGE BLOCK COLOR
NEVER USE THE SMGay
PRESS M FOR MAP
BLUE = JEW
TAKE THE ENEMY INTEL TO YOUR TENT
DON'T TRY TO TAKE THE ENEMY INTEL TO YOUR OWN INTEL

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/dp1g7f.7z
wiki.winehq.org/Msiexec
files.catbox.moe/wg02kx.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Better AoS never ever

LET THE FRIENDSHIP COMMENCE!

I still have the mapshots from that files.catbox.moe/dp1g7f.7z

AoS game nights are the comfiest shit. Have some old ass pictures

just the type of fun we strive for here at (((radcorp)))

is this not open spades? the last time we played that didn't we?

no because of bitching about

i could've sworn we did too. anyway tried this version and
and i'm sure there is more surprises we'll find once things start going.
i wish this gamenight was run on openspades

Nice, pretty good idea. Did they use grenades to mark hits?

at least it's the authentic aos experience
I spent an hour looking for the lewds to no avail, please assist

I'm positive we did, I still have it downloaded and that was my first and only time I played it, so there's no doubt.

the gamenight proper was 0.75 but the last time it was hosted on a weekend wasn't

Are you fucking new?

linuxfag here, what is this shit?

A microsuck installer extension. I think you can open them as an archive.

Yeah, i'm not going to touch this shit.

how old is this shit?

No real reason to since the .zip is there anyway. I got it to open with 7-zip though.

wine can open msi
wiki.winehq.org/Msiexec
but don't bother fucking with it, just use the zip

No
Exactly. Next time we'll play 0.75 again and people will complain that it isn't 0.54. It's a tradeoff between the better client and the changes to the gameplay that oldfags don't like.

Technically Openspades is a client, not a server. There's the vanilla client and server, an open source server, (pyspades and a fork called pysnip that was made for whatever reason) and Openspades. They're all compatible with each other if they're the same version. There's pyspades for almost all versions, but Openspades only supports 0.75 and 0.76.

read the op nigga
I should have mentioned though, you're probably going to want to use WINE desktop. I just run it with

All we get is this

Whatever happened to that user that was hex editing a later version to make it less shit?

One of them is a gamenight regular and I think the other one disappeared after doing it. files.catbox.moe/wg02kx.7z password is ultrabenis They took 0.52 and fixed the framerate and removed autoclimb. I tried hosting it a while ago but the few that showed up just complained that it wasn't muh 0.54.

That's a shame, missed that night. Thanks, I was trying to remember what version.

We've got 2 at least, get in here, faggots.

I was being a meme you fucking dip.

that'll be 11.50$ + tip

Very

Am I too late?

Why is Al Gore the only one in that picture that looks natural and like he belongs?

With edits this would be more accurate.

No, the plan is to play through the whole weekend. Probably should have put that in the OP.

I get the error 'initdirectdraw failed' if I change the resolution to anything other than 800x600
Also the sensitivity is insane & there's no way to change it, although there is in an old config. What happened to that?

So any anons up for making Stealth Tanks tonight?

2 fags on right now

We've got 2 on now.

That looks like the config from a later version, actually. What resolutions did you try?

That tends to happen sometimes, try again and make sure you didn't fuck up the IP somehow.

Firefox doesn't work. You have to use other browsers like Opera.

did you use the console?

This might be faggy to ask but do we have a voicechat somewhere?

Config in the pic is from the same version the one in this op is, Beta 0.54
A bunch. Widescreen resolutions to 400x300 and the like. The exact error is 'initdirectdraw failed 0x80004001' universally, if that means anything to you.

yeah hop on the disagreement i made a channel

Jesus what the fuck did I write. I should stop alcohol.

5 fags on

it's just a filter

I don't remember the game being this boaty.