Has a game ever sucked so hard it made you not want to play another game for a while?

Has a game ever sucked so hard it made you not want to play another game for a while?
Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i hated parasite eve: 3rd birthday so much that it actually, genuinely made me question whether or not vidya was worth it as a hobby

Fire Emblem fates
I bought the special edition purely to make a 200% profit on it but I figured why not play the game and actually see how it is
I made it halfway through the birthright campaign, fell asleep during one mission (the furry werewolves) and didn't touch my 3DS for months again.

Oblivion, I still haven't recovered.

Did you play it on console or something?

I played it on PC.

Skyrim and Bioshock. I never fully recovered.

but skyrim is awful

nigger the experience OP describes could just as easily have happened with those games, I had 80 something hours put into skyrim and I was so bored every time i would load it up that half my saves were just dedicated towards killing townspeople or doing fuckall in my own way

Skyrim.

But this one here
Was the one that made me chose to abandon all "classic" companies that are still around, after i played it recently.
It was a culmination of many factors, but Parasite Eve 3 was the final nail in the coffin.
Older games only, from now on.

That Bioshock remaster really killed my appetite for vidya for a day. Just too fucked off annoyed.

Dawn of War 3

Quake champions. I gave it a solid four days play time reporting bugs and other flaws hoping it would eventually resemble something good. Nothing in that game ever gets fixed and new bugs are introduced with each update and the game design is so horrible it's difficult to understand why it exists.

Yeah I haven't really been into any games since WoW. This game helped me realize almost every game is shit including WoW. So I just shitpost in Holla Forums instead of actually playing any games.

no, you just have shit taste and probably belong on cuckchan with this mentality
your WoW addiction probably killed your ability to play games, don't blame it on the games, blame it on your lack of willpower and the fact that you were snorting the vidya equivalent of crack

It’s amazing isn’t it? It’s practically unplayable. I imagine the people who beat it just powered through the thing with retry’s. It just isn’t made right foundationally.

Driv3r.

I'm pretty sure I actually beat it once. I guess it's better that I don't remember.

Agreed, fellow customer friend.

Biocuck Infinite. That shit was Reddit & Morty before R&M was even a thing.

Oh yeah, to actually contribute. I bought this like a month after release for 40 eurodollars, purely because friends convinced me to buy it. I had a bit of fun leveling my character, but that shit had nothing to do at max level, and I had picked the absolute worst, shit-tier, made in Albania class, and couldn't even play PVP without getting my shit pushed in for months.

Pretty sure I'm also the only person who's ever played this. Thankfully.

Brood War

I tried it when it went F2P, and man, i really wanted to like it, but it feels… hollow.
And it's a damn shame, because i fucking loved the engineer class.

Guess what the shit-tier made in Albania class was for the longest time? The only reason I stuck with the game was because of the engineer's absolutely retarded abilities

Dragon Age 2

seeing that would already make me uninstall

the game is actually so unmemorable to the point I forgot nearly the entire game despite beating it twice.

This got me pretty good.

Half life 1
Doom 3 hardest difficulty kicked my ass

I genuinely want to know what the fuck they were thinking with the last shootout. Here's a bunch of cover and enemies placed in an air hangar, go wild.
Whoops, if you go too far away from a certain tiny area you get killed in a cutscene, go fuck yourself!

Can't say I've ever had this happen to me, and I lived through Metroid Fusion, Super Mario Sunshine, and Phantom Hourglass. The good games don't disappear just because you got a bad one.

I don't think I've ever played a genuinely bad game. Mediocre games, sure. But never anything that made me upset at its existence.
Then again I enjoyed Oblivion so maybe I'm the problem.

Oblivion made me never buy games on release again and also taught me to never trust that a sequel to a game you love is going to have the things you enjoyed from that game. It's already things I sort of knew back then but I was moronic enough to fall for oblivion, at least it really hammered that lesson home.

Crysis 2.
I remember playing it for about 20 minutes before uninstalling. I've never felt so legitimately disheartened by a game before.
I can't remember what I even hated about it, but it must have been severe.

I mostly avoid this by not playing western games. They're soul sucking with how bad they are.

There are plenty of awful Nip games as well, user.

Pound for pound, Japs shovel as much horseshit as western developers do. Maybe there's more games coming out from here, but the ratio of good and bad games is still the same.

it's not.

sure, don't play them.

How is that game? Is it so bad it's good or is it pure torture?

Anime games like God Eater and the Nep series are inherently garbage, so your opinion is invalid if you're talking about that.

As opposed to hairless werewolves?

It isn't. Regardless of how good the games may be

Presumably he means furries as in the furry community, not furry as in an animal with fur.

I didn't even make it in the game.

This piece of shit right here. It wasn't just a bad sequel, it was a fucking shit game in general. I don't think I played another game for something like 2 years after it came out.
Oddly enough hipster faggots try to prop this up as some kind of hidden gem lately.

Skyrim and Bioshock were designed to be shit rather than lack of time or money. That is why it is so damning.

What the fucking nigger is this???

If you like 2 hour tutorials in a 5 hour game I highly recommend it.

This fucking trash made me truly realize that no matter what fun vidya I find out there, this game will always exist and haunt my existence for all eternity.

Assassin's™ Creed™

Thou peasant's statement is truthful. I, as your rightful and righteous ledge, support the purchase of Skyrim and all its extra charms for the low price of 60 gold pieces.

I haven't touched a fighting game since SFV came out, it was so underwhelming that it actually killed the genre for me.

It certainly killed what smidgeon of respect I ever had left for the community, that's for sure.

It's strange that I haven't seen too many fighting games as of late.

I haven't felt that way. But here is a short list of games I hate:
Knack
Red Faction Guerilla
Killzone Shadowfall
Clive Barker's Jericho
Frogger
Assasin's Creed 2, which killed the franchise for me
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Dishonored
Deus Ex, all of them.

When I was a little kid I got so upset about being beaten in a racing game that I never played a game for at least a couple years. I only picked them back up after someone literally shoved a controller in my hands and told me to beat some level. I believe this moment is where the Berenstain divergence stems from.

Undertale. Quite literally. Gave me the worst headache I've had in my entire life somehow.

this thread reads like something out of tumblr

You never played Protoss in multiplayer just to snatch a peon from the Terrans and Zerg and make a massive army of cloaked battlecruisers with zerg ground support?

Legend of Mana was my FUCK YOU, SQUARE moment. I took the damn game back an hour in.

You're just mad because you lost the game.

As far as one specific game goes, for making me not want to play any games for a long while, I'd have to say life is the worst game I have ever played and I never want to play it again, unless something major fixes it.

This was a sign of things to come, along with FF 8, the shittiest of the 90s Final Fantasies.
Cross was such a disappointment compared to Trigger, as well as so boring and uninteresting that i stopped buying Square games for a long time.
And should have not bought anymore.

What killed the franchise was to make 3 fucking main games with the italian assasin, instead of sequels in smaller consoles like with the first game.
And the 3rd was the equivalent to come back to the grave to piss on it.

I get it if you didn't like Chrono Cross with it's strange gameplay and time travelling clusterfuck of a story, but Legend of Mana was great nigger

Cross isn't bad if you play the series in the proper order. CT->RD->Xenogears->CC->XS->SRW:OGS:EF

Dragon Age II. Not that i cared much about DAO but 2 was some bizarre universe of tumblr/reddit/buzzword types playing medieval dress up and expecting to be taken seriously.

This same shit happened to me too with this game.

Not only did I basically buy the same bad game twice, I'm sitting on an opened SE of a bad game that nobody wants. I have nobody but myself to blame for this shit.

Attached: oaww.jpg (320x240, 17.79K)

I fucking hated RE6 so god damn much.
I mean, the mercenaries mode was okay, but the rest of it somehow managed to be even worse than 5 to the point where I didn't even bother completing it 100%.
I also vaguely recall playing some Rugrats game that was some kind of shitty Mario Party clone (best way I can describe it) when I was a kid that made me want to legitimately hurt someone for wasting my monthly video game rental.

Kill yourself.

Meh. I haven't played any games that truly sucked.

I really liked this game and had autistic fun with the DNA system back in the day. I think it must be because I didn't play the previous games in the series and that I didn't give a single fuck about the story.

You deserve everything that happens to you.

ONE MORE PIECE FOR THE BABIES

How can anons be so wrong and have such shitty taste?

Holla Forums has shit taste and posts ironic games to shit on, the thread.

Care to point out any examples my highly valuable poster friend?

Only free to play. Any other games I'll wait months and months to purchase, even if they're good games, just because I'm too jewish to spend all my money on the opening price.

Aka
'this game was not made by christians and whites'

Jagged Alliance - Back in Action

It still hurts.
I wanted to play JA2 in 3d.

Attached: Jagged Alliance - Back in Action.jpg (460x210, 39.34K)

You tell.
Chrono Cross is one of the worst games of all time.

Have you tried 7,62 hardlife? The steam versions like a dollar and change for 7,62 high caliber, the hard life add-on (hardbutfairmode) and the bluesun add-on(generous funtime sandbox) and blue sun has a further free pack called mercopalypse, hilarious amounts of content, some comfy ass jank and nice crunchy inventory ammo and weapon management.
i swooped it offa some sold trading cards and i'm loving the hell out of it

Attached: Screenshot (987).png (1920x1080, 2.98M)

The only downside to these games is the lack of maps. You play the same 5-10 maps over and over and over. Apart from that, it's almost as good as JA2, even if it lacks the character and map diversity of JA2.

Not said poster but

Starbound made me never buy a early acess game or pre-order ever again in my life and i legit stopped playing games for maybe 6 months after it's shitty release.

I finished but I was baffled while playing. You get an armor suit and you spend the whole goddamn game being ordered around like a faggot while also being called someone else's name, the protagonist didn't even seem to attempt to fucking tell them they got the wrong guy. And a good portion of the game was looking for a scientist to make sure he was safe

the scientist moved around the destroyed city infested by aliens(?) faster than the dude in the nanosuit with defense, stealth and attack capabilities.

the psx port of chrono trigger also ran like hot garbage. The psx somehow seemingly poisoned the franchise.

I've always been amazed by the Dyatlov Pass incident since I stumbled across the story by chance on wikipedia a long time ago. When I learned there was a game about it, I just went and bought it without putting much thought into it. I had to play it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident
I'd found in the past that even if a game wasn't very good, if it was the type of game I liked or if it was about something I was interested in, I could still get some enjoyment from it. The game didn't look like anything special, but I thought it would still be okay for me, and worth buying and playing.

I'd heard people bitch about "walking simulators" before, but I never really understood how awful they were until I played one. I patiently walked around the landscape trying to enjoy it, waiting for the actual gameplay to begin, but it never did. A spoopy monster killed me out of nowhere. This happened several times until I went and actually researched the game.
I found out that was the entirety of the game. You literally walked from location to location, watching a scene, and occasionally having to hide from a monster. That was it. You couldn't combat the monsters at all, you literally just hid until they got bored and walked away.

I watched a playthrough to try to at least see if the story was any good, but it was completely retarded and had almost nothing to do with the actual historical incident.
I was so disappointed I haven't bought a video game since this one.

Attached: image.jpeg (200x300, 16.55K)

Reading my post, I've realized that the authors of the game were ironically successful in making a horror piece. The sense of bewilderment I had waiting for the gameplay to start, and the dread I felt when I realized it didn't exist, were both sincere.

I didn't like Hard Life forcing you to side with the rebels through a linear tutorial just because. The original and Blue Sun at least let you go where you wanted since they don't force you into "lol you have amnesia and are supposed to kill this guy, good hunting stalker" generic crap.

Not buying any games is the right decision.
Always pirate.

Watch "Devil's Pass" if you haven't already. Fun little film.

Every franchise made by Ubisoft AND Square Enix says this now.

Reason enough for never let my money go to those companies.
I will never give money to shitskins, women, faggot abominations and western non-christians.

Are they telling me that those adjectives have ANYTHING to do with the game?
Like a badge?
Are they fucking stupid?

When exists you can go jump off a cliff like the lemming you are

Tf2 still pisses me off after 5 years

Every game does this, if multiplayer is involved. I just want to stop playing video games altogether every time some faggot wants me to play a game with him.

Go away Todd.

I enjoyed it back then, but I'm a sucker for underwater stuff

Attached: Everytime you start Mafia III.jpg (1440x900, 73.65K)

This is why I don't play AAA games anymore.

Attached: Final_Fantasy_XIII_EU_box_art.jpg (763x1078 25.5 KB, 1.26M)

Recently, I stopped playing vidya for about 2 weeks after playing DDLC.

It's a jumpscare/grossout game and it provides a trigger warning at the start of the game so you don't get jumpscared/grossed out.

Fuck this shit so hard.

(sage for template thread)

ew

Glad that game failed

I couldn't agree more with FFXIII. I never played another game developed or published by SE ever since.

The first 2 pics are of games made by marxists, so it was expected for them to be shit.
But Final Fantasy XIII really put a stop for me. I never played anything from Square since XIII came out, until XV. and then, the frustration repeated itself.
Fuck Square-Enix.

You are missing out

I defended it from you assholes, and it nearly killed my interest in video games entirely. I haven't picked up an MMO since.

Attached: Tortanic.jpg (500x714, 64.95K)

Don't think I'll ever get tired of this meme, it encompasses why bioshits forums went to hell and got shoa'd

Attached: Ding_Dong_Bannu.webm (490x360, 1.79M)

I like how Bioware would always try to use the gay community as a shield to hide themselves from criticism behind when they were actually responsible for shit like "there is no such thing as gay in Star Wars."

I was insulted and offended by how bad Silent Hill Homecoming was. I shut the game off after the first nurse enemy and didn't play anything for the rest of the day.

You might actually be the only person to play this.

It's not even that bad of a game, but it was a terrible Smash game that was overhyped.

Attached: th.jpg (474x665, 82.31K)

Not even fucking close.

I checked metacritic seeing its a great game. Holy shit how wrong it was. It was worst rpg i played in decade.

Attached: FFXV.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

It had more content than Melee and kept me entertained for longer.

Worse. I have a game that sucked so hard it made me not want to play an entire style of game ever again (free to play.)
The worst part was getting in early enough on the beta to play a game that would've been complete with some tweaks and polish, only to see the developers slooooowly choke it to death with free to play Jewry. Tribes: Ascend did the same thing to me, but I didn't learn my lesson until Hawken.

Attached: 2830089-hawken.jpg (1920x1080, 382.55K)

Mario Galaxy 1 was so awful I strayed away from platformers for more than a decade.

It still fucking hurts. I remember going on 10+ killstreaks with the fucking starter mech, but then they started to choke the shit out of it with fucking MTX and "balancing" even though the game was mighty balanced to begin with. The game was this fucking close to being great but it went on a self destructive spiral it never recovered from.

Attached: 36dc204758447849205964e495723d738690a112700ace46cf40f4fd25710f73.jpg (138x150, 7.51K)

It is.
Unfocused plot with a famous name attached to it just to lure fans.
And the combat is so shit, that you can pretty much win all battles but the last (that is a puzzle) by just attacking.
And the final battle itself, that is just a puzzle instead of a fight.

Metacritic is composed of corporate cock-suckers.
Almost all the big budget products are rated "good" there. It is all fake reviews.
As for XV, i still think that XIII is the worst of all, the bottom of the barrel.
But XV managed to instill more hate, as it was marketed as a redeeming product, and it was all literal lies, as nothing from the trailers ended up in the game as it was shown, and the entire plot was reworked at the last minute, AFTER 2 years of official plot trailers.
Everything surrounding FF XV is a lesson to why no one should ever trust Square-Enix or give them money ever.

True.
It is a fun game, and i still play even today with friends. And random trips add to the whole chaos and we all appreciate this feature. Of course, we play as it is intended: all items set to high drop and random select a stage every single time.

Free to play is always shit, user.
Even those that are made playable, still have the best fun behind a paywall, and the developers inevitably create something that breaks the gameplay, and give it a price so whales can buy it and ruin the game.

No, he is not.
No "good" games are worth giving money to a piece of shit company as current Square-Enix.

Attached: Nier_Automata_Cover_JP.jpg (957x1200, 234.28K)

this 100%

The PC port is physically unplayable, at least.

You're lying but ok

Nah, he's right. It's unplayable.

Dragon Age 2. I recovered in time. More recently, Horizon Zero Dawn. That game was so uninspired and sterile I just stopped playing vidya. I play some Heat Signature now and then but it is mostly dead for me.

True.
Anticipated but underwhelming games almost always make the whole genre be intolerable to me.
I may keep playing older titles, but the newer ones i avoid completely, as well as avoiding the whole company responsible after some fuck up like SF V.

>>>/reddit/

PC players get what they deserve for all being pirate scum anyway.

You still won't have our money, corporate soyboy.
But we will always get all your products for free.

Attached: smug 06.jpg (527x705, 55.67K)

The "so good it's bad" crowd needs to commit collective suicide.

Some well crafted bait honesty. Perfect mix of shit with the decent stuff. Yet not blatantly obvious.

Sure you did. Also haha at scalping faggots getting btfo in any capacity.

Same here, I started playing it with a friend through Leon's campaign and neither of us finished the whole game. I didn't even look at anything Resident Evil related for months after this.

Other than that I agree with you.

t. Jew

*so bad it's good

Japs really can't into porting to PC.