Have Nintendo games lost their charm or did I just grew out of them? Am I not as easily amused as I used to...

Have Nintendo games lost their charm or did I just grew out of them? Am I not as easily amused as I used to? I recently hacked my 3DS and tried several (Nintendo) games, Kirby, Mario, SSB, Zelda. You name it, they don't seem that great, most of these titles are asinine and unimpressive rehashes. I was considering a Switch as a possible purchase before this but its bound to be the same shit, BOTW and Odyssey look like bland crap.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/B0Fia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell us a recent non-nintendo game you played and enjoyed, bait man.

Nintendo, like most of the other big game companies, have largely stopped experimenting with their formulas and styles except on the most superficial levels. You might think BotW counts as experimenting but really all it is is taking a "proven" formula and slap a Zelda shell on top of it. Further more Nintendo doesnt really seem to know what it's fans and customers want anymore (see Paper Mario or the continued localization of their products, waggalan shit, etc.)

Nintendo has a pretty big library, there's bound to be something there you like

They're one of the worst offenders of the "let me fucking play the game when I turn it on" sin. For fucks sake you put in Super Mario Brothers and within 5 seconds you're on top of a goomba's head.

Games from your childhood will always seem better due to not being jaded from all the horseshit in gaming. Nintendo does have a problem with sequels though. Either it's a damn near photocopy of the previous game, or an entirely different game coated in a series theme.

This isn't the Direct cyclical
Fuckoff back there

This is a half decent analysis of it.
People actually want something new and most of the shit they're making is safe as all hell and runs like shit to booth.
ARMS is the closest they have gotten to and it's a mediocre game with barely any content.

They also should contract a good dev that can many something new.
Instead they contracted some Spics that developed mediocre games to make a painfully average Remake of Metroid 2.

Pirate Captain Poad when it gets ported to the 3DS

How's that a sin?
Every company out there nowadays is putting out garbage locked on PCs.
At least they tried something new with the Switch even if it's just a branded Tegra tablet that runs shit awfully.

Every console should be plug and play and instead there's install and download times for fucking everything.

How is my thread bait? A recent game that I enjoyed is Nioh to answer your question.

Nioh is pretty mediocre though
The combat is too tier
The rest of the conteng not so much.

It's both. Nintendo has made and sold the exact same games for 30 years running and only just started actually doing something different, and from the start they've made games for children.

kill yourself, drone.

What did you expect?
Link Between Worlds was pretty decent, though most of that goodness comes from being a remake of Link to the Past, and most of its flaws are because of the remake development team.
First-party Ninty's flagship games aren't all that great anymore.
Xenoblade should be pretty good though. I'd be surprised if you didn't like that, but its a second party Ninty game. Same with FE: Echoes.
Just find 3rd party shit and you should be okay

Boring souls clone was boring. The only redeemable feature of Nioh was cool as fuck samurai armor.

I said that I enjoyed not that it was my favorite game or anything.

I think its trying to communicate.

wew, it'll be nice once the direct is over and your bans from cuckchan expire

I honestly have no idea what you meant by that or how it is a bad thing.

I sense projecting. Lots of projecting.

in what way?
one-line shitposting about a decent game is a cuckchan trait

bump because it makes losers mad

Sounds like a cuckchan Sonygger that can't even into IDs to me.

Oh wait nevermind
You just can't read the fucking thread like you should.

I clearly saw that in your post when you said it was "boring" and "mediocre" and that was it right?
lel, I hate Sony more than I hate Nintendo.
I'll leave you alone before this descends into console wars because that's at least an opinion that isn't lazy shitposting

lel, I advise you to stop before you embarrass yourself

Don't make me laugh user!

sorry for assuming the worst out of you, clearly I am mistaken and you're surely a quality poster :^)

How long have you been playing Nintendo games?

Predictable
What do you think about this post?

yes, truly I am the shitposter

In case the literal use of quotes didn't spell it out I'm referring to games that make me say that out loud while playing it. There's nothing worse than not being able to play a game you bought on a system you bought at a pace dictated by an overpaid faggot.

as for what I think about that post there isn't much to say
I've never played ARMS and I agree with him on the second part. I still hate Nintendo for what they did to AM2R and pushing their own garbage heap 2.5D abomination of their own instead

sounds like you are growing up, OP, from a soft boy (female) to a man (soy)

My first console was a hand-me-down Nintendo 64 back in 2001.

>HIM
ITT cuckchan newfaggot can't even into IDs and still tries to fit in by using Holla Forums lingo.
Fucking pathetic
Lurk for 2 years, or better yet get the fuck out >>>/cuckchan/

You follow him

Ah my mistake
And I agree, theres's nothing worse than an unskippable cutscene or a shit tier forced tutorial stopping you from enjoying a game once you start it.

read that post again faggot, if it was you your ID changed. you're the one who can't into IDs.
What a surprise you lack reading comprehension and type like a subhuman
Here though, let me spoonfeed you just so you dig yourself in further,

I rented Okami once, started "playing" it - turned it off after a few minutes of reading bullshit.
I know.

Shit, I'm a fucking idiot
My apologies

It happens user.
I'm sorry for shitting up the thread and on you. even if it was to just shit on others for shitting it up, it doesn't help anything at the end of the day

The 2nd statement threw me off especially considering almost every game company is like that when compared to SMB1. They really aren't close to the worst offenders considering MGS4 needs a long ass install per chapter and is packed with cutscenes. Not to mention FF and KH.

This actually looks worse than the original which had glorious pixel art. Not to mention that BIS is less than a decade old and VERY accessible. What the hell is Nintendo doing? The most amusing part about this horrid unnecessary remake is that all the drones over at the Youtube comment section are eating this up and giving Nintendo free reign to keep butchering their titles with half-assed remakes ala Samus Returns and Bowser's Minions.

Congrats, you grew older than their target audience of seven. Unlike our fat hebrew BO

Nintendo peaked at Ocarina of Time. After that, they only reused ideas, making minor changes that did not gave the surprise effect from older titles.
All Mario games are either Nes style, Snes style or Mario 64 style, with minor changes.
All Zelda games are either A Link to The Past style or Ocarina of Time style, with minor changes.
Star Fox is always the 64 style over and over, with minor to no changes.
Metroid is either Super Metroid style or Metroid Prime style.
And so on, with their other franchises.
They stopped innovating a long time ago, and anyone with a brain notices that sooner or later.

Sure you did, kid.

You're basically growing up and start to realize Nintendo is a soulless, dickless company that dislikes you but not your money. It happens to everyone.

And you ungrateful niggers whine when Metroid doesn't sell well. Return of Samus was far better than the original I'll tell you that much

NOW KISS

Metroid 2 was garbage, not hard to do at all.
It was fucking trash compared to any other release, Fusion included.
If you want to shovel shit into your mouth and then accuse everyone of not liking the same of being entitled you might want to fuck of to cuckchan/reddit

>>>/cuteboys/

No.

How the fuck is that creepy? I've seen newgrounds flash movies that were 10 times disturbing and creepy.

God you melodramatic spergs are insufferable.

post 'em, I'm bored as fuck

ok tough guy

Your point is…?

You are a whiny little shit.

don't forget entitled! :^)

i find i go through periods where i get sick of modern games and just play old games, same with nintendo and others. Once you get sick of the current games you are playing you will have more fun with those nintendo games or just stop playing games for a small amount of time then get back into it.

Nice full detail and analysis on your explaining 10/10. I hope your assburgers lets you know that I'm being sarcastic.

No, just whiny for no reason.

What detail and analysis did you expect to get out your shistain bitch of a post? Retard.

Those 3ds games you listed are all rubbish, but there are still occasional good Nintendo games. Odyssey and botw for eg.

Not on the gameplay design and level design, the technical part of the game is a mess though.
AM2R is a much better than either it or the shitty remake

It's overrated but it's still a pretty good game user

Nah

They look like bland open world crap to me, and I have played a good slew of open-world games. BOTW has the whole huge empty map with copy-pasted tower waiting to be captured (replace that with dungeon) going on for it. And Odyssey is just more YaWahoo.

have you been under a rock for the past 5 years?
There's plenty of legitimate reasons to hate modern Nintendo.
and so on.

calm your autism before you embarrass yourself even worse than you're doing now.

That means nothing
Please end your cuckchan tier antics.

Your list is so vague, dumb and full of buzzwords and minor shit only a sperg would care about.
Doom wasn't made by nintendo, isn't lazy or garbage, and is perfectly reasonable for it to run at 30fps considering the tiny fucking size of the system. You're a retard and only keep proving my point.

How about you choke on my balls.

Lol if you think the Switch Doom port was lazy. It's actually very impressive if you consider how weak the hardware is

It's just more of the same, that's what I meant and you know it. How is what I said "cuckchan"?

Nintendo haven't been good since the N64 days. That was their last good console. It's all downhill from the Gamecube.

Here's your last (you) faggot

Have you played Bing Bing Wahoo

There's only been 4 mainline 3D Marios before it

The Gamecube was better than the N64 doofus

Anything else? Like something that anyone should give a fuck about?

You seriously need to fuckoff back to cuckchan.
Your deflections, rabid rage and brand loyalty are throught the fucking roof.

I already told you to fuckoff back to Reddit Nintentoddler.

Same boring ass padding and the main content that are the dungeons aren't even that good.

No, I didn't
It's a close onomatopeia to a cuckchan meme.
Speaking of which

Heres something:
>>>/cuckchan/

Not my fault you keep making dumbshits arguments and expecting anyone to go along with it. Also

wew

You are seriously confused if you think the dungeons are the main focus of the adventure here hombre

I wouldn't even know if modern Nintendo games are any good because Nintendo hasn't released any NEW games since the Switch came out. Just fucking ports.

now that's not true.
They've released 5. :^)

Gamecube was where things truely started to go south. Nintendo sold Rare, 3rd party support took a huge plunge, there was the whole shit show over Wind Waker's art style and Mario Sunshine was mediocre.

To me, Nintendo games seem childish and unappealing

The last good Nintendo console was the SNES so yeah, don't blame yourself. It's all the same shit for 30 years

Actually, the stamper brothers, who owned to company, sold rare. Nintendo had no choice but to sell their shares in the company. 3rd party support if anything was a big improvement over the n64. WW was mediocre and rushed, but visually it was fantastic. Holds up better than TP.

Is that a girl in the cardboard box?

Like with anything, it's iffy. When you have a backlog this big, it's not surprising that at least one of the older games will be better than one of the newer games.
I don't mind Nintendo generally, though I will agree that most of their offerings don't appeal to me much. Just looking at the Switch library, you have Arms, Splat, MK and Smash, four multiplayer games that I will never touch because I despise multiplayer.
Then there's BotW, which seems like it'd be comfy for ten hours, but certainly not a hundred like they expect, and it makes me miss Link's Awakening or even Majora's Mask.
Metroid Prime, which was never good.
Pokemon, which was always too autistic for my tastes.

The only games that really seem fun are Kirbo, which seems underwhelming, but they've done a shit job marketing the past two and those were pretty fun, Bayonetta 3, which isn't really one of my favorite genres of game but it's not bad, and Odyssey, which just makes me wish Nintendo would drop their stupid gimmicks and just make a solid 3D platformer that's focused on fucking platforming and exploration, like 64.

Funny enough, game wise, I never cared for the SNES. Sure, Yoshi's island was solid, and so was Kirby, but a lot of the "best" SNES games are from franchises I never cared for, mainly Star Fox, F-Zero and Metroid. Then there's an endless supply of RPGs, and while I liked Mario RPG and FFIV, ten Square games aren't my idea of fun.

N64 had a bunch of platformers, my favorite genre. NES has an endless supply of amazing obscure games that I keep finding. Even the Wii had the occasional surprisingly fun game. The only console I'd put below the SNES is the gamecube, which had Eternal Darkness and really mediocre-to-bad installments in every one of it's series.

It's both. Nintendo games tend to lose some of their magic as we age, but recent Nintendo titles have been a cut under their older games at best, and garbage at worst.

Don't tell me you'd rather play as ridiculous toon Link instead of the badass grown up Link.

Sure, I'm not a an edgelord teen.

You've just grown up and no longer have a mental age of under 18, congratulations you're a big boy now.

Link's face on his player model looks downsy, how did they fuck it up so badly? His face on his promo art looks alright, what did they do?

I wish I saved that "refugees welcome" Vivian pic.

both, I am fairly amused by older nintendo games I haven't played before while newbies are shit but time does dull the senses

Dude, you're not alone. My social circles are talking about nothing but the Nintendo Direct and Smash particularly. I don't get the excitement whatsoever. Everything from Nintendo to me just looks boring and bland.

Nintendo was never good, they were simply at the right place at the right time.

We've reached peak retardation. Good effort everyone.

That's a trap, isn't it?

Congratulations for ridding your brain of Nintentoddler syndrome. That said there's still a small amount of worthwhile games, but unless you have some kind of nostalgia for their earlier you're unlikely to appreciate them. You don't have to play Nintendo games either unless you're a retard who buys a $500 cardboard accessory; the best consoles have multiple decent examples of third party offerings; the 3DS and Vita are fairly good examples of this.

I booted up my 3DS after 9 months gathering dust and installed every game that didn't look like RPGMaker garbage.
One of the games I'm currently enjoying a lot is Kirby Battle Royale. It tries something new and is fun enough.

This. I don't mind a game if it's the same thing with a new coat of paint, but I'm just going to pirate any clones and think of them as add-ons to the original.

I would say Majora's Mask, it's a drastic change from OoT (for the better) with the time and transformation mechanics.
Also you forgot to mention Pokemon, the most generic-ass franchise of them all.

Try and prove me wrong.
Protists, you can't!

congratulations for finally growing up

I was never into nintendo, even as a kid but the whole nintendo fandom is just like sonic/bronies or any other autistic fandom lite version to me. Remember when that nitendofag had a sperg meltdown for like half an hour and spammed redtext because pic related being posted?

In the golden age Nintendo had tons of devs making great games for them, but now they mostly make their own games.
The NES had something around 750 games on it, Nintendo wouldn't even be able to do one tenth of that on a single console by themselves.

What?

Nintendo were actually massive jews and were very strict on what kind of games you could develop for them, this went on until today.

I worded that really fucking poorly, sorry.
I mean their consoles had a lot of devs making games for them, lots of games were released only for the NES. This was mostly because they held a pseudo-monopoly over the console market in North America.

That's because of what happened to the Wii.
The Wii had an incredible start where people were fucking dying in stupid contests to win one.

Then shovelware came, big fucking walls of shoverware.
You would got to any videogame store or chain store and the Wii section would 3x larger then PS3 or Xbox 360 yet have only 4-5 games worth playing in it.

I remember reading stories about how during the Wii's height of popularity game developers would just up and quit their studio if they were tasked to make a Wii game.

Post them.

Here's one archive.is/B0Fia
There's got to be more but it's taking forever to find them. Dead links everywhere.

Other than it mocking their physical appearance, it calls them out that they're enjoyment is shallow or outright fake.
We all know the soy-boy smile is fake, due to the man boy being such a joyless husk he has to fake a childish open-mouthed excited smile. So, if they do it during an activity or relation to something- we can assume they are pretending to enjoy it, or want to enjoy it more than they are.
Your revealing the emperor has no clothes to the emperor himself. Your holding up a mirror and remind them they are failing to recapture their care-free youth, and they aren't even fooling themselves.
People hate it when you nullify their justifications, excuses, or masks.

I've never consciously smiled like that, but I've been desperately trying to avoid it.

3D limits some of the "charm" 2D had. Cuphead and Hollow Knight showed what good 2D sprites today could do.
Nintendo is also growing as a business - meaning they play it safer and safer with more investors.
The games are getting easier, so that doesn't help. And if it's easy, it needs something else to be a "comfy" game.

That being said, Planet Robobot was supposed to be really good. And you're bound to find something with a charming aesthetic on PC. Or try something different, you can only eat sugar for so long.

Cringed so hard reading that. Devs getting lost up their own asses.

Have you tried playing SMW and SM64 romhacks? Those might be in your ballpark. Oldschool austetics but with revamped difficulty.