Looking for a DOS game I was not allowed to play as a kid

I remember two things about the game (probably RPG/adventure): it had a dark atmosphere with the intro including lighting, and that the hero could go into a house in the town (where he arrives) where a cripple with no legs lives, and you could sweep his flat as a favor.

Any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.please
store.steampowered.com/app/287020/Harvester/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hotwheels the DOS years?

What were the graphics like?

Please speak American like the rest of us if you're gonna post here, retard.

I think fixed camera, drawn, like pic related.

No, I mean polygonal, sprites, ,FMV, or what have you.

How many dark and edgy point and clicks there were in the 90s?
A fucking lot

Sweep his flat what?

Bong detected

You dipshits have nothing to contribute, and yet come and shit the thread up.
This is not cuckchan, don't do this.

Dude, I have no idea, I was a retarded 7 years old kid. Probably VGA.

Point and click adventure for sure. DOS was infested with that shit

Yes, probably.

If it was a later CD game that could narrow it down. Did you have the box or anything? Do you remember an exact line of dialog by any chance?

Alone in the Dark

Teaniggers are lower than jews. On topic, I was thinking Ecstatica until you mentioned the sweeping business, now I'm drawing a blank; unless that's something I've forgotten.

Gabriel Knight? Trying to think of dark point and click DOS games.

Nah. We used to buy the PCs back then with games pre-installed (illegally) on them.
I couldn't even speak English yet.

Most def. not.

Typical medieval RPG setting.

Well fuck, that would be something like King's Quest, but that is hardly fucking dark. Hmmm. Not Under a Steel Sky either…

Do you remember at least why you were not allowed to play it?

Probably it involved combat and my dad thought that violence in games makes kids violent.

Make sure to kick his ass now that he's an old man, prove him wrong.

What kinds of graphics? Was it 2d or 3d? What year was this? Did it have FMV cutscenes with pre-rendered sprites?

Go sweep you ass, OP

also, was it first person or third? Point and click?

2D, VGA, nineties, no FMV, drawn cutscenes.

Probably point & click with RPG elements.

Nigger, help yourself.
This should narrow down the search a bit (although it still gets plenty of results). Google each game to see if the screenshots seem familiar, or just look at the screenshot section of each game. I narrowed down 1990-1999 but you could try something more specific.

gamefaqs.please use archive.is/search_advanced

Well this is dumb. This is the url

You are like little baby
gamefaqs.game­spot.com/search_advanced

Why the hell weren't you allowed to play an RPG? They're one of the pussier genres on DOS.

The pick related is Alone in Dark. If you looking for something else, then you will need to be more specific!

Or better yet, just make sure you've played everything listed in that screen cap. I MISS 90S GAMING

I think OP got spoonfed enough.

nigger what?

That shit isn't a rpg, it's a fucking rogue like game!

user, pls.

Gonna have to agree with that. Everything was a lot more experimental and passionate back then.

Speaking of games worth playing, I really need to get this off the back burner and beat it again.

now, if you replace the wizard from Inmortal with a hot animu grill you will have an excellent Ryona game

Lure of the Temptress?

That's a p. good game, but no.

Next you'll tell me Skyrim isn't an RPG

The only thing I can think of is eye of the beholder 2, but it didn't have a guy with no legs that I know of

oops posted III

Here's III intro. Robed guy kinda drifts across the floor rather than walking, so maybe that's where you got the "no legs" thing from

You might be talking about harvester.

90s aesthetic
dark
point and click
even has a guy with no legs.

store.steampowered.com/app/287020/Harvester/

Hope this helps faggot

This fabulously well designed character, Raziel…
It's a game i played on PlayStation as a kid and i'm gonna torrent my lost childhood back!

I'm both sad and too poor to buy it in GOG.

GOG version lacks the dynamic music from the Playstation version. Just emulate it or use Demul to play the superior Dreamcast version with nice grafix.

You speak Texan or you go home, fagboy.

Wasn't it "The Havester"?
It was with digitalized actors though.
But it had a cripple sheriff in it.
It was a somewhat horror game, in the veins of "crazy stuff just happens".

It's not an RPG if it doesn't at least have a stat sheet.