Controller and mouse-in-one

kickstarter.com/projects/665701421/the-most-accurate-and-versatile-gaming-mouse-ever

>Space simulators like Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, Space Engineers and Kerbal Space Program benefit the most from Lexip. It was designed for 3D environments and because of that, it serves as both a mouse and flight stick in one. Complex, sustained maneuvers are now easy to perform all while keeping your other hand on the keyboard for quick shortcuts. Depending on your preference, you can control the pitch, yaw, and roll of your craft with either your thumb or your palm. 

Looks like a pretty genuine innovation, especially considering it frees your left hand entirely since moving and aiming is all done with the right, leaving your left hand to input more complex commands on the keyboard or to switch weapons with more ease. Now people too stubborn to get a controller can play their shoddily ported games properly as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

laptopmag.com/reviews/accessories/sandio-3d-game-o2-mouse#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this looks awesome

I don't think this is going to make anyone happy

what a retarded idea

a keyboard with an analog stick under the left side of the space bar that you could use with your thumb would be more useful.
the mouse itself already functions as a joystick, putting another on it is awkward.

the analog stick is a good idea, the pivot is a gimmick.

This is what happens when you let a marketing major be your idea guy.

I saw this a month ago when JayzTwoCents shilled it. It looks like it would be tedious to get accustomed to it.

why would you want a joystick to be so easy to move around and so often be moved around?
and I don't mean the stick, I mean the device that has the stick attached to it

I'm sorry, but there can only be one.

It already exists.

that would be two if you count abominations from a different dimension

Nigger please

N-Nani!?

The way it moves is kinda cool for spacegames. Could be a little bit immersive having this weird space joystick. It reminds me of something from a film or TV show, but I couldn't at all tell you which.

Nigga, they all chinese.

Can the Jigglypuff they combined with that Gamecube controller still beg for death?

Honestly it looks more useful for 3D modeling than for gaming. Getting used to that joystick seems like it would take ages and I don't think the whole "rocking" the mouse is useful.

It has no mouth and must scream

Pretty much this.
Only the keyboard really lacks some sort of analog control.
Mouse is already perfect for pinpoint precise campera and coodrinate(cursor) movement.
What it needs is a bunch of extra buttons in it and good ways to customize them.
The only good use I can think for there sticks is setting it up so it changes the functions of the other buttons depending on which direciton you're holding.

Pivoting the mouse like that is going to lead to mis-clicks. Its shit.

It honestly looks pretty cool but I'd most likely hate it.

That exists. There used to be one that wasn't made by Razer, but I can't find it.

It'd be more intuitive to just put a track ball on a standard controller.

I like this idea.

You know, it's not so bad. I kind of like it.

Looks terrible, the side analog stick seems too small and it'll likely be cheaply made and complete shit.

Post the super saiyan version with 40-50 buttons. I don't remember if it was by Razor or some other company.

Shame it'll never ever happen, because trackballs require maintenance and cleaning. Which means a significant amount of fat and greasy cheetoes fingered mouthbreathers are going to get frustrated with cleaning it regularly, and about 90% of people are going to lose the trackball under the sofa for a month or two until the family dog or baby finds it and chokes to death.

What a neat concept
And one that will never be realized.

Those are only good things.

Not from a sales and liability standpoint.

Logitech G13

DELETE THIS

Good, I can keep my comfy trackball mouse and not have to worry about normalfag retards from popularizing it with "le ebin gaymer" aesthetsics

Bondrewd did nothing wrong

Instead of that retarded thumbstick, a side-mounted trackball on a mouse might be alright.

What about this one?

nice

its shit

Maybe if you're made of soy.

Looks retarded.
The Grifta thingy makes more sense because it allows you to use half of a controller with more customizable parts.

this shit?

I wish chinks made a naga hex knockoff, but larger.

If the goal is to make it easier to do lots of things with one hand, why isn't it designed for the left hand?

I thought it was Logitech.

I dunno, the Razer one kinda looks better. More compact, simpler, Less bells and whistles aside from RGB. You don't need a fucking digital readout on the thing IMO.

That's what 3d mouses are normally used for. They have a lot more degrees of freedom than gamepad analogue sticks like you can a pull up on the stick and can rotate the stick left or right as well. Also I should mention that you typically use the 3d mouse along with your regular mouse, so the 3d mouse would be in your left hand and the regular in your right.
While i'm still mulling over 3d mouse shit, one major improvement I can see for gamepads is just adding a wheel or some nub below the one the analogue sticks to add a rotational axis for the controler.

It's kikestarter.
Never fund it.
Never pay for it.
Wait for idiots to pay for it.
Get stolen ones via smugglers or bootleg ones by the chinese.

But how will I know which one tha shoot button, nigga?

By calling your local chiense restaurant of course.

and cakeboi still insists there isn't an influx of newfags?

This, this idea would either require the game not to use it for fast paced or precise movement. I can see it being used to control leaning when checking corners like the other user already mentioned.

HELLO AND WELCOME TO ANOTHER EPISODE OF KICKSTARTER CRAP

KKKANNNEEDDAAAA

The thumb stick is a step forward and I'm pleased to see that after all my shilling for a 360 degree linear thumbstick on a mouse and/or a keyboard (where the spacebar is) that someone has also had the great idea as well

But the fucking tilting thing? What the hell is with that?

Not 360 degree linear movement.
How many times do I need to say this?
The crappy gamepads are all 8 directional movements like a d-pad on a controller

How about leaning forward out of windows? Or leaning back to look up farther than a 90 degree angle?

there goes any interest i had on this mouse, if it ever hits the markets it will be around $120 or more

whoa this is fucking awful
if this is your kickstarter OP you are truly the biggest faggot since Karl Marx

So shilling kikestarters is ok now?

Typical 8gagger wants to stay behind. He doesn't like innovation!

This will change hentai games forever!

This would be great if microsoft didn't completely fuck the game controller ecosystem on PC up with xinput.
Also if it wasn't retarded and the joystick was separate.
Basically what I'm saying is someone for fucks sake I want a PC joystick like the sidewinder

Didn't Nintendo already make a controller and mouse-in-one?

The tilting is dumb but a good analog stick would be nice for some tasks. I'd also imagine this would be handy for some disabled gamers that need more controls for a single hand.

a mouse is a pointer control, the wii mote is a pointer

Yeah that sound about right for an entry 3d mouse. While they're useful for 3d modeling software, there's a reason why nobody bothered to market them as a gaming controller.

TILTING IS AWESOME EAT SHIT. Also the 3d mouse needs to be in the non dominant hand to get the most out of it.

Tilting on a mouse is a stupid idea because you are going to accidentally tilt when you won't want to because you are moving the mouse around. I'd imagine it also will fuck up your clicks. I can't even imagine how much of a diaster this would be for claw grip users instead of palm grip.

The wiimote on the right hand should have another analog where is the "A" button, and the "A" button would go to a second trigger, below "z", then you could control the head with the right analog, movement with the left, aim with the right like a gun and when you want to melee you would just make the stab or cut motion. Trade the cross with 4 more buttons or put those buttons around the analog and make the right mote a little more bent so it look more like a gun. This would be the perfect fps joystick I believe.

I agree with that. However 3d mice, with the exception of this abomination are not used as the mouse but with the mouse. They're just a joy stick with more degrees of movement and some programmable hot keys.

A true 3d mouse would mean pitch, yaw, roll AND x,y,z axis movement with one hand all at the same time, in a natural movement so your brain can fucking process it. I imagine that would be a challenge, but if you pulled it off you'd be able to play Descent like a fucking God.

They can do that just look up "Elite Dangerous 3d mouse" in hooktube and be the judge for yourself. One the major flaws i've noticed of the puck 3d mouse the proper grip takes majority of your hand so you can't hit other buttons quickly. This isn't a big problem for solidworks or other modeling software but in vidga it is. A proper 3d game mouse needs the stick to smaller yet be able to fully control without accidentally doing a tilt motion and to quickly hit hot key buttons without losing your grip. Maybe make the puck look like an arcade stick but it's hollow in the middle so you can stick your thumb or finger in it for more control?

Yeah, those always end well.

these types of things have existed since the 90s. this isn't the good one, it's just a knockoff, but these kinds of controllers basically give you a joystick/thumbstick that has the degrees of freedom of those 3d mice

Looks great for 3D design and other stuff though.

Why

I don't see that working well at all, vidya isn't known for inspiring people to use a ginger grip on the control hardware
Having a stick on the side seems nice though, would free up the mouse movement for other game functions

Points for the pivot idea, but there's no way in hell this can ever become comfortable to use.

So the exact same thing you could do with a fucking scroll wheel?

I've seen something very similar 10 years ago.

laptopmag.com/reviews/accessories/sandio-3d-game-o2-mouse#

This newer one looks like a worse idea. If you're missing a hand it might be useful, although it has to be the left one.

Somehow this seems to have more utility.

I'm sold.

holy shit

Holy fucking SHIT. Why is it that old mice seem to have even BETTER shit than the newer ones?

Multi-Wheel Scrolling

This doubled my K:D ratio tbh

GEE BILL

bullshit
you can do this with your mouse wheel

Guaranteed this won't keep up with the best mice. A new controller is $15 if you're willing to go 3rd party and they work just as well as Microsoft's, and then you can buy a dedicated mouse that isn't jack of all trades.

Having only one analog is what really killed the Wii for me, and I imagine many other non-parents.

Or devs could just use the scroll wheel to control movement speed like in Splinter Cell and then we wouldn't need dumb gimmicks like this.

How old are you?

I've been looking for something like this for games ported from console.

Can any games made for pc utilize the stick though?

Initially this looks like it could be really fun to use, but the more I think about it, the more retarded it looks.
Just having a fucking arcade stick in your left hand for movement would be better.

This looks like tendonitis just waiting to happen

Why would you put an analogue stick on a mouse when it already does the same job but better?