So is this place's taste in RPGs entirely taken from RPGCodex's or what?

So is this place's taste in RPGs entirely taken from RPGCodex's or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453
rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10259
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Exploitable_Glitches
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, literal something awful tier tastes.

RPGCodex hates bad rpgs.
Holla Forums hates all games except the very few favorites like new vegas, deus ex, E.Y.E. and morrowind

Explain.

The Codex touched his no-no.

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453
This is the same list-type that's constantly worshipped on here as "the best of the best" and had the cum sucked dry from them, even those fucking peabrains deciding Planescape: Torment is the absolute best of the best of any RPG ever made throughout the 80s to now that is the absolute best.
Typing and posting mannerisms on that website are the same there as they are in any RPG thread on this website.

I'm playing The Quest right now
Eat shit nigger

>>>/reddit/

>>>/cuckchan/

The fuck is rpgcodex

If anything it's the RPG codex that's getting infected by Holla Forums.

I haven't played that many RPGs older than 1998 myself, except fallout.

sape detected

That's a good thing. Maybe the leftists still around will leave the place.

I am so tired of your faggots. This board needs a change.
You have no arguments, and all you have is your own salt that everything that doesn't represent your viewpoint comes from website you hate.

There's some crossposting between the two boards and both are full of bitter nostalgic assholes so of course there is a bunch of similar taste.

That said, RPGCodex is too busy jerking themselves off into eachother's mouths and screaming at eachother more than Holla Forums screams about shills.

Yes, we will make them more diverse and multicultural by forcing, I mean teaching our ways to them :)

They'll 1488 with the best of them soon enough.

I can shit on all of those games so bad you'll be convinced I'm the biggest hater in the world. fuck off with your Holla Forums-core shit.

But RPGCodex are goons.

This meme came from a time where old/v/ was a meme hell and it should have stayed there.

>>>/ovens/ is always open just for special individuals like (you)

RPGCodex like more traditional RPGs, JRPGs really aren't roleplaying games as much as they're action/turn-based games with stats and a leveling system.

Kill yourself cuckchanner

Your JRPGs aren't much better autist

JRPGs are not RPGs with very few exceptions.
There's barely any gameplay and most of the game lift mechanics straight from Ultima and Wizardry without the roleplay aspects.
Goons love shit like Cucksona and Final Fantasy though.

Good job OP, you made another shitty drama thread so autists can keep bumping with their autistic tard rage .

Tell me, what games do you like user?

Where the fuck do you think you are?

kys cuckchan

rpg doesn't mean anything but table top autism with friends, and in the case of video games, it means table top autism but with no friends.

Codex is filled with cuckchan and Neogaf.
As a matter of fact I'll bet money that you made this thread on halfcuck as well.

Idk, I love Oblivion more than those shits.

Look at these so called hardcore fags.

RPGCodex is as if it were Holla Forums-lite with a bunch of tripfags jacking each other off to inflate their unwarranted self-importance.

So is this OP's thread entirely taken from >>>/cuckchan/ or what?

There is plenty of gameplay, I'd argue too much of it even considering how padded most of them tend to be.

Ultima didn't really have all that much roleplaying. You were a predefined character, and though choices did play a certain part in the story, they were not the main focus. There's plenty of jRPGs with branching narrative paths.

Again, no real roleplaying to speak of, at least for most of the games in the franchise, they're mostly focused on combat.

Shit franchise. The Nips require a few more nukes.

well we have Mark and they don't so that kinda evens things out

So it's like 2012 Holla Forums?

I mean actual roleplaying elements, in the FF series and all that you're a set character on a mostly set path but in games like Daggerfall you can choose your backstory and choose what actions you take throughout the game.

I meant roleplay
My mistake

I think you are just projecting.
Come on. You're just spewing bullshit now.

The only thing here that need change is you.
Begin with >>>/suicide/

I thought I repressed those memories but they just came flooding back. It absolutely is like 2012 Holla Forums, minus any anons you'd see for every tripfag that posted.

this gets abstracted into a pointless discussion about hurr durr playing a role in a game makes it a role playing game, and it's not a discussion worth having. Treating the word rpg like it's some crown and must be kept away from anything that diverges from the formula is the purest destructive autism only goons are capable of.

They don't have any thread about that there right now.

Speak for yourself faggot, I like playing New Vegas AND Falcom games. What's your excuse?

fuck you

Go back to wherever you came from.

I like JRPGs, but they're completely different from WRPGs. They provide one experience and playstyle.

JRPG is such a shit term because there's western games that fit the actual game play elements of the genre. It only became popular thanks to journoshits. The term is console rpg.

Nah, JRPG is a better term. Especially when you compare Xenoblade 2 to say World of Warcraft. Very different gameplay styles despite being the same genre. JRPG shows the Japanese development ideology for an RPG and WRPGs show the Western style. You don't go into a Chinese Restaurant and call it American food because it was made in America, same for RPGs

You could think of it as just "Japanese-style" although there aren't really any western studios trying to make them outside of real amateur indies and kids in RPGmaker. It only gets confusing when a Japanese company makes something that's clearly an RPG but doesn't fit the mold.

Judging from the existence of things like the Falcom general, the Neptunia threads and the Xenoblade thread going on right now I'd suggest that Holla Forums in general has very different taste than RPGcodex.

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10259
Now I am convinced. Go back autists.

Ignoring the "Holla Forums is one person" meme Oblivion is a flawed as fuck game, dude.
It's fun at times, the quests are great, but it's really broken and poorly made. It's not so much that people hate it, but mock its many, many flaws.
It's better than Skyrim.

Good Lord, that page reads like an offline 90s-kid's checklist.
For one, Geneforge is a pretty good game, but I certainly don't think it's anywhere close to "Top 70" material. Spiderweb has made better things, for that matter.
The list is also disturbingly exclusionary of MMORPGs, which are among the greatest cornerstones of PC roleplaying. But I suppose they had to make room for Dark Souls. What a sick joke.
All in all, a pretty cringe-worthy list, but I pretty much knew what to expect the moment I saw Fallout in #2 and Fallout 2 in #3 (though don't get me wrong, I like those games).

I made an Oblivion thread yesterday, and it got saged to death, anchored from bumping, and a while later deleted for no reason. They weren't mocking, they just hated the game.

The flaws that I actually experienced by myself could be fixed by tweaking the construction set a bit. Like increasing the damage scaling, giving random clutters more value, removing the training limit, and removing the armor cap. Doing these 5 already removed almost all the flaws in my opinion, and people already made mods for them. Frankly, the non-randomized level scaling system is still a problem, but that's pretty much the only grudge I have with this game. I never understand these "many, many flaws" people find in Oblivion.

I completely agree. List also lacks mobile masterpieces like Granblue Fantasy, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Puzzle & Dragons.

Stop right there, you shouldn't have to fucking change the game for it to be better. You could use that as a defense for any other iffy game out there.
It's broken at the core, it takes too long for me to explain it in depth but basically if you build your character with the skills you never use being your major skills, you'll never level up and everything will stay at level 1 for the entire game.
There's also this - en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Exploitable_Glitches

Maybe some people are too autistic for video games, that they constantly break them. I enjoy games with exploits. Morrowind was prime example of one.

nigga please, don't act dumb. TES 4 is a broken glitchy mess and you know it
this is coming from somebody who likes the game

is there a specific reason this thread is allowed to exist in the middle of a fucking raid?

Vols do it for free
Don't even try to auto moderate shit though

I don't think I've ever found a game I can perfectly enjoy without changing any aspect of it. I always find a lot of flaws here and there. Even for the lauded RPG's such as Fallout 1 and 2, I had to make a lot of tweaks with the modding tools. And Construction Set works more like an extensive gameplay settings rather than something that adds more gameplay elements, so it's not something that "changes" the game, but rather lets you customize it to suit your needs.

So? It has always been like that. If you could level up from minor skills, classes would make no purpose anymore.

>en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Exploitable_Glitches
What's wrong with this?

I don't know the state of the game when it came out, but I downloaded the gog version, have played it for almost a year, and never encountered any glitch.

truly a quality OP.

Only good thing you can say about Exvius is that it has nice sprites.

Their list specifies "PC RPGs".

Well it's clear there are crossposters here from codex, given the entirety of ELEX's fanbase is two guys who spam the same shit here and there. ELEX isn't good.

The only good TES games were Daggerfall and Morrowind

Trying way too hard there, bud. You and the people who use the term “cuck” incorrectly or just throwing it into random words are fucking cancer and you need to off yourself as you offer no value to the board and are actively bringing the quality down. You are what you complain about, essentially. Now, I eagerly await you crying about
As you types often do whenever you are called out for your shittery because you have the mental capacity of a four year old. I’ll even call you out because I know you’re going to cry about how I complained about you shitting up the board and lowering the quality. You know I’m right, user. Be better.

Oblivion is very similar to Daggerfall though, only much better executed. Don't you remember how shitty the level scaling in Daggerfall was? Or how cookie cutter the loots and NPC's were? Or how most of the quests were dungeon fetching quests? Everything was tied to your level with no way to change it.

While the customization had more depth and the UI was excellent, it had shitty dungeon crawling and no respawning enemies.

Back to >>>/cuckchan/

So do yourself a favor and get >>>/out/
Pot, kettle, and so on.

Don't you remember how Oblivion's was much worse? Like how you could finish the main questline at level 2
In what way were they cookie cutter?
Just like Oblivion.
The dungeon crawling was just fine the last time I played it and some enemies did respawn though they were mostly unamed iirc
TES in general is pretty shit, but those 2 games were passable. Oblivion only had a few good things going for it like custom spells, and Skyrim was just irredeemable trash.

This is your brain with Marxism

Could be monarchists.

Holla Forums here.
I don't even know what that is.

Place where 40 year old white dudes repeat reddit memes.

fag, using
implies that Holla Forums is a single person because "we" is trying to speak for Holla Forums, how do you not understand this

Oblivion is modable though, there are a lot of excellent leveling mods out there.
Randomly generated.

Don't get me wrong, I love Daggerfall, but Oblivion did Daggerfall better than Daggerfall.

Oblivion and Morrowind are the greatest game ever made.

We're obviously referring to the
Holla Forums community

I AM THE COMMUNITY

The double dubs community?

More like the
gay community

That was implied.

Who's this girl? I see her everywhere.

No one takes the list seriously. Every time it gets posted it's with the caveat that you shouldn't pay attention to the order. Taken with that, it is a decent list for people looking to get into RPGs that are deeper than Skyrim or Weebshit.

What's really atrocious is that Ultima VII is lower on the list than Dark Souls, The Witcher, and even Dragon Age: Origins.

user i…

It's satire you retards

user, I just got a urgent call from wherever you came from!
they said you had to go back

this will be great material for my Holla Forums posting montage, keep going

user I already know you're a faggot, you can stop.

The elephant in the room is finally mentioned.

I want to cum on that forehead.

What do you expect? It sucks.

RPGCodex poster here. Face it, we've colonized you.

Why do you think Planescape Torment is the greatest RPG of all time?

I thought it was a VN

VN's are just CYOA with pictures.

all the more reason to shit on goons

No, because we actually like JRPGs.

It's a community poll of various shitposters, not some curated list.

Don't blame me, I've always said that the greatest role playing was in Halo.

Plenty of Codexers do too. Just not the shit ones.

That's just a matter of personal taste.

I once had a choice between Deus:ex 1 and Human revolution.
I picked the first and played for the first time in 2016, and still had a blast.
You sir are a shit taste pleb and from your post also a cancerous person.

lurk the fuck more nigger

The game was Heart of Darkness by the way, thanks for the gift, see you in the next iteration of imageboards after this exodus, as Holla Forums is full of cancer now.

You're not really refuting his point.

anyways it was in 2015, just checked the date

What point does he have? He just threw in a couple of empty memes and told me to lurk moar out of the blue.

That's not an improvement.

So what's your point then? It's not like there's a plethora of other games that i might have been playing in the meantime right?

Here's why I doubt it, it's such an entry level game it earned the title of Holla Forums-core way back around 2010-2012. Because it's an essential game that it can safely be assumed everyone you're talking to here played it. If you're so late to getting onto an essential game, it's safe to assume you've got such minimal experience with anything beyond that, you're hard to consider being worth talking to.

Well i didn't like the looks of it, and i didn't like the combat aspect, also i tried picking it up around 2008 yarr harr but dropped it for the same reasons. Had to force myself picking it up again initially before discovering how actually good it was, as i was convinced that there must have been the juicy fun in it that i couldn't see the from the surface..

That game's battle system is so good but everything else about it is fucking retarded.

I never finished the original Deus Ex because I always though the beginning was too slow compared to System Shock 2.
I've played games most people on Holla Forums never have and vice versa.
People have different tastes and situational differences.
Deus Ex was barely known in my country and copies of games barely reached my isolated region so I missed out on it like I missed out on many games that I've been catching up throught the years along with new releases.
Your Holla Forumscore bullshit is almost as retarded as you are.

I don't even have to pay for this entertainment

The battle system sucked though. You barely have to use anything but screen clearing magic.

Most people hate Planescape after the shit that went down with the devs where it was proven they were a bunch of cannibal SocJus hacks.
Planescape is one of those "story games" with bad gameplay which gets shit on around here because
It's good for one run but nobody on Holla Forums worships it the way codex does.

I bet you're one of those contrarian faggots that blindly hates NV because they think it's a bethesda game but will suck Vampire Masquerade Bloodline's dick even though it's WAY more buggy and made my most of the same people.

You've never played The Quest or SonSon in your life.
Nobody cares about your hipster points, you might want to fuckoff to Reddit to pretend like you're an ebin oldfag that plays obscure games.
And I only mentioned SS2 because they're very similar games and I was giving out a reason for not finishing it.
But hey, you're the same ebin shitposter shitting up 4 threads now.

Keep at it lad, we're all enjoying how much of a fucking retard you are.

RPGCodex has constant tranny bashing and lefty bullying. Hell one of their long time members was just outed as a cross dressing faggot and doxxed to the point where he deleted everything. And a Dev was the one who did it.

RPGs are just the shitty bastard children of roguelikes and Pen and Paper RPGs. I could never get into shit like the Infinity Engine games and Fallout and thought maybe I was a pleb. Then I got into roguelikes and realized RPGs are just garbage. If you like them you should probably consider sudoku.