Game is first teased as 'bioshock of the near future'

What games got you excited with prerelease material but changed drastically by the time release hit?

By the way, the game is now "free" on (((Steam))). Gamenight when, anons? :^)

Fuck it, I'd play. There's probably not a non-steam nor Linux version, so it won't happen though

Brink was a solid game, but not anything special. People got too hyped for it and thew a few when it was just good, not great.

In the future someone will say Lawbreakers was a solid game. That's how dumb people are. Brink was an awful bullet sponge game which is why no one played it apart from idiots.

Prove it, fag.

Did you ever even play it, or are you just copying what people said online?

Tried it years ago when it came out, played Medic almost exclusively, then got bored with it a week later. There is nothing memorable about the game, only about the wasted potential.

We had a similar thread when the game became free.
It's shit and the last good game the devloper made was Quake Wars.

Brink was completely broken on PC, probably the reason why it died so quickly.

fuck EA and fuck market research

I knew I wasn't crazy. I thought it was going to be FPS Mirror's Edge

I played Brink when it free on Steam - game was pure garbage and was nothing like Enemy Territory.

they fucked up with this trailer
no game could possibly live up to this hype

Black Desert Online.

I swear this game is fun but you have to try really really hard, also nigga last mission campaign is a pain in the ass

Wasn't Brink just a test for the engine that would be used in Dishonored?

How much of that is actually in the final game?

OP confirmed faggot.

they wore going to make it into a free to play online only game, I'm glad it got canceled

Everything except for the snappy editing

*Bethesda published

Is Esoteric Jahanism finally making a comeback?

It was supposed to be a direct sequel to Generals at first though.

Yes.

Wasn't there a claim that Brink got massively reworked after the E3 presentation? I heard thats why the story is massive ass and gameplay elements sucked.

Anyone got a timeline on that? I'm interested in knowing what the heck happened with Brink.

It happened with nuDoom, it happened with Dishonored, it happened with The Evil Within, and it happened with literally every game they "publish."

I used to blame Bethesda over Brink but honestly I blame Splash Damage. Enemy Territory is an overrated shooter they barely made.

I thought that it would be something like Perfect Dark's Counter Ops, but it was just Team Deathmatch with cutscenes.

2/10 made me reply

Okay let me rephrase that. I mean they made ET:W but the community did most of the work making the game what is it. However I think ET Quake Wars was the best one so judge me like that

I wish it had a decent campaign because I think the core setting is interesting and i like the eespon designs but you would have to scrap pretty much everything else to get a good game.

Fair enough
Your assessment of Splash Damage might be correct, I'm pretty sure they bled a shitton of talent after Quake Wars, but when Brink came out Bethkike published absolute garbage gaems like Rogue Warrior and then acquired the companies,

This.

I WAS BOOOOOORN IN A CROSSFIRE HURRICANE

Not exactly the same but I was looking forward to Xenobalde Chronicles X before it released but then NoA censored the fuck out of it, killing my interest in the game.

The entire point of Brink was you played the objective and switched classes to fit team composition and the currently active objective, not run around like a faggot playing one single class like it's some generic TDM scenario.

Goon/marxist tactics: say that everything good was never good, while saying that anything shit was good and just not understood at the time.
They repeat this constantly, hoping that it will stick.

NOA did that on purpose to make people stop demanding games that were out of the family "friendly" (brainwash) image that they are trying to force people to believe into.
Learn japanese and only buy imported, or never buy at all and only pirate when available. NOA is an enemy of it's own customers.

I’ll never, ever forget that one. Fuck me why did they have to ruin it.

it was always that damned section with multiple wheels, near the third or fourth verse. I'd always be a bit above half but once multiple wheels started started failing it was all over.

Oh and Brink was shit.

I sincerely hope it's because of my former statement and not the objective fact Brink was shit

Hey retard, Demon's Souls came out in 2009.

i remember when this turd was shilled to hell and back on cuckchan Holla Forums. i think jood took bribes by companies even back then.

I liked it.

Sageru because we already had a thread for this garbage of a game

Why did you have to remind me

Don't forget the Nuclear trailer

A lot of it, but the torture scene in the GZ camp is nowhere to be found, and the lighting is slightly better in the trailer.

I think his assessment of SD is on point. Look at them with their game Dirty Bomb, they keep proving they don't know how to balance or nerf shit.

Virtually the entire story plays out during that trailer.
:^)

Brink gameplay was good enough, it's just that the maps and game modes were complete garbage

That's just the gameplay anyways, story wise and everything else there's no real excuse. Dirty bomb fixes most of these so is brink but good, which is something

I would be down

Cant remove bots from matches, even if you fix all of the graphical issues the game has, you cant get into a pvp match with each other without running into bots significantly more than other players

Bots are required so objectives can be completed. Without them the attacking team wouldnt be able to win some rounds

I remember there being generals for the game around 2015 or so, and then they dropped off the face of the Earth.

we already had one and the game is still broken

Phantom has always been a joke in the game because the stealth mode makes a buzzing sound anyone who isnt deaf or retarded can find and then shoot him because his stealth only made him blurry. Also, he automatically disabled any deployable so could tell he was around even if you missed all of that

The buff was necessary, but he needs to be spotted close range at least that's what everyone complains about

And while I'm at it, the db team is really good at least judging from what they are doing with this game in particular. The level designers in particular are extremely good at their job, but for some reason the rest of the team does not dare even touch the chink with the laser which is almost mandatory on every team, and the nigger medic that nullifies every other medic's role just by existing(except maybe phoenix)

They are focused on the moba games strategy of making new cheap content (characters that are practically useless and free skins for playing) every month to keep players busy instead of what the game needs the most, maps. Not that they are not making more maps, but they have a handful of them working on that, at best, instead of making it the main focus. And of course, the retard on their youtube videos is the most obnoxious, autistic person they could put on what's most likely potential player's first impression of the game

The game's a mixed bag that gets the tf treatment (without the hats), it's not bad at all but it's handled very poorly