PoMo generator

elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/

Anyone seen this yet? Every refresh of the link creates a new pop-postmodern style text. Big keks to be had.

Other urls found in this thread:

physics.nyu.edu/faculty/sokal/transgress_v2/transgress_v2_singlefile.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fantastic.

rather the stasis of class.
Holy shit, how do they make this? This reads like your average Sam Kriss article. Everything is even properly sourced.

Yeah, that is a nineties internet classic. It was created after Alan Sokal made his postmodernist parody "Transgressing the Boundaries: Towards a Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity" which he managed to get published by a postmodernist journal. After that, mocking pomo nonsense became a bit of a fad, of which the postmodern generator was a part.

physics.nyu.edu/faculty/sokal/transgress_v2/transgress_v2_singlefile.html

Neocapitalist discourse in the works of Rushdie

W. Jean-Jean Parry

Department of Sociology, Carnegie-Mellon University

I can dig making fun of pop-postmodernism, but the thing is that the term "postmodernism" as those who employ it is defined not as a self-descriptor, but just a parody of that particular group of continental academic disciplines (post-structuralism, metamodernism, etc.) that quickly fall into word salad. Analyticals manage not to realize that they serve as the mirror to the word salads with their maths salads, the former of which people actually bother to read.

Was that post also made with the generator?

Hardly anyone reads analytics either, it's just scientists and mathematicians poking fun.

structuralist feminism or conclude that sexuality may be used to disempower the
Other. It could be said that if subdialectic materialism holds, we have to
choose between posttextual capitalist theory and neotextual desublimation.

I have no idea what any of this means.

That's the point. It is complete nonsense.

Yes.

I was implying that almost nobody reads analyticals, and that they're a dying breed of publicly published works.

Actually, I stated a fact: that le free maged has actively rejected mathematical salads because word salads because they don't sell or pique anything, which word salads at least do in selling well (although only frequently pique).

Holy shit I went full Saussurean.

Actually, I stated a fact: that le free marged has actively rejected mathematical salads because they don't sell or pique anyone, while word salads at least sell well despite only infrequently piquing.

God help us if the alt-right ever picks up poststructuralist theory. It is nonsensical enough that it could easily be used to advance their favored conclusions ("See? Nations are the hyper-real manifestations of a collective will, and races are linguistic realities formed by the intersection of physical traits and social norms!"), is utterly jam-packed with stupid memes that can be reconstructed into absolutely anything, and enough philosophical jargon to make sure that everyone else feels stupid for not being able to assign any meaning to their nonsense. They are good at spewing bullshit now, but that would take them to a whole other level.

You're like a babe in the woods, holy shit.

You're implying they haven't done that already

He's not wrong. Post-structural reaction existed before left post-structuralism and is basically the foundation of fascism.

You see, very precise words are just a mirror image of very vague words. Think about it. Weed helps.
t. continental philosopher

Well, yeah, but they don't know that. They never actually read post-structural philosophy, and if you tell them that their underlying philosophical theory is the very same theory that the tumblrinas use they will emphatically deny it. Now, if they were to embrace it then they would gain a whole arsenal of idealist gobbldygook to fling about.

this is some deep shit

actually makes a good point.

This has to be bait.