Why do many people hate this game? I installed a mod that gives 4x damage and monetary value for useless clutters...

Why do many people hate this game? I installed a mod that gives 4x damage and monetary value for useless clutters, and it suddenly became an unbelievably great game.

Why do many people hate this OP? He made a post about a game that has been discussed to death with an opinion he knows goes against the grain doing one of the most casual things you casual things you can do in a gamecheat to make it easier.

Why does my dick smell? I refused to wash it for days even though people complained about it constantly, and it offends a lot of people.

Game simply sucks because it's own lore settings set by bethesda was contradicting itself in more ways than one. Tamriel was supposed to be a marsh jungle setting, not plain medieval.

TL:DR. game is bland, graphics makes everybody look like apes. cliche story of invading daedra. muh chosen one story.

I'd tonguebath an Argonian cuntboy's smelly cock foreskin tho >_>

Even if you get a mod to fix the levelling of all content (something you have sort-of done with a 4x damage mod) it's still a poorly written, largely empty repetitive pile of shit with all the fun stuff taken out for muh balance. Also the setting is generic Tolkienesque fantasy for the 9000th time. Actually most of those complaints apply to Morrowind too, Gothic is a better series.

Hm interesting this is weird. Have you tried not washing it more?

Talos CHIMMED the land to change it.

Oblivion is the best TES game

Because the game was streamlined to moronic levels, world was empty and bland, muh full voice acting meme instead of nice walls of text because little Timmy hates reading, worst level scaling in a rpg ever, i hope you enjoy fighting full ebony bandits despite leveling only basic skills, you can level any skill and always end up as master thief/master mage/master warrior in full plate armor with zero penalties, entire 4 voice actors, retconed the entire setting because lotr was a thing at the time, game so broken and ugly you need at least five gb of mods just to make it bearable, oblivion gates.
The only good thing was dark brotherhood and final thief's guild mission.

Poisoned weapons was fun, as was stealth archery.

I wouldn't call it "unbelievably great", but every Bethesda game is improved by removing the retarded bullet sponge bullshit.

I wouldn't say casualizing everying but improving one thing is good. what bethesda is doing atm is the equivalent of getting an alcohol still and watering it down before giving it to customers.

horrible level scaling, you always find the same range of creatures for your level, no area is special, dangerous or easy, all the same everywhere
shit combat full of health sponges and whacking contests
ugly models and animations
shit dialogue
shit writing and characters
bad voice acting and so few voice actors for a fully voice acted game that characters blend into each other and are utterly forgettable
quest marker everywhere because you're a little baby who can't follow directions now
shit looting system where 80% of items are useless duds and loot is level scaled so you always find the same range of shit
psychic guards
retarded shit like being able to enrage everyone in town and get them killed because it's not considered a crime
dungeons look and feel all the same

the only good aspects are world design and music

Relevant video, very informative and critical. 40 minutes or so should be enough to explain the core atrocities.

The elder scrolls aren't games. They are resource packages for making your own games, the way games should be made.

That was actually a great improvement for such a minor change and I'm glad other anons appreciate it too.

Shivering isles were good, rest is utter shit. If you plan to play it, you can skip everything else besides isles and daedra princes quests.

Do you consider games where you have to configure the controls first to be shit?

Both Oblivion and Gothic were inspired (heavily inspired in Gothic's case) by this movie. Also, Gothic is a shit game with shit controls, too little customization compared to any TES game, and "open" world that's actually very restricted.

Because it’s a shit game.

The world is bland, the main quest is mostly just doing a bunch of fetch quests for the real hero, level scaling fucks any sort of progression, combat is floaty and shallow, everyone looks like potatoes, it started the problem of voice acting in TES, most of the art style is ugly, and the graphical style makes everything look kinda like it's made of plastic. Most of the side-quests, the soundtrack, the lore added by KotN, and Shivering Isles are the only good things about the game.