Sup Holla Forums i've recently played this game with some friends and alone, and i must say it gave me a NES...

Sup Holla Forums i've recently played this game with some friends and alone, and i must say it gave me a NES, SNES game vibe due to the difficulty.

In the game, you're thrown in in these dungeons trying to go as far as you can to beat the game, in the dungeons you'll have to pick up items potions and scrolls that will change your gameplay and statistics, also you can chose between 4 classes and a mutator from a bunch of them, that will change your gameplay. The game is a brutal roguelite in which your character in most circumstances is extremely vulnerable and the game won't lose chanses to insta kill you, so you'll have to explore and fight slowly and with care if you want to preserve health and not die on traps. But overall, beyond the initial frustration, and initially unintuitive shitty controls, the game will charm you and intimidate you with its looks and brutality.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!baJFTAKY!2ObgquFn_qh-_QYuIu7ctce4WoUNqPqDBOpwgWXluqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Daily reminder SNES difficulty was either due to developers getting too good at playtests and thinking the game was too easy or made purposely difficult so they could sell strategy books or exclusive guides in magazines.

Nothing else to contribute.

The getting too good part is never a negative.

The classic example is Super Metroid.

I played it on release, it was kind of fun, but the only thing that mattered was finding health potions. Getting good equipment, good abilities, nothing else mattered.

Yesterday i've finished the game as knight using 2 health potions, that because the knight is quite tanky as it is. There are a few more other ways to heal that are not told also, but the game doesn't tell you anything in general.

I only remember there being a fairly rare health steal on weapons, and I think there was a scroll for it?

The former is good. Encourages players to get better at games. The latter no longer exists because internet and datamining.

I've counted, except the healing potions, at least 5 more ways to heal.

wait, no, there's also 3 more including lifesteal.

and two more come to my mind

From what I remember you can heal by eating cooked fish or chickens, dropping scrolls or books into the campfire, rescuing fairies, getting a lifesteal weapon, getting armor with the heal with coin drops attribute, finding a heal staff, using The Light shrines, or using potions of regeneration

Oh and the old vagante thread is still up we were playing yesterday

Sounds like Towerclimb sorta

Link to latest version :
mega.nz/#!baJFTAKY!2ObgquFn_qh-_QYuIu7ctce4WoUNqPqDBOpwgWXluqo

Steam connectivity obviously doesn't work with that but it is still possible to play online through direct IP connect.

For some reason it was deleted, unless it already got archived but I doubt it

Like I said in the other thread, the graphics are TOO SMALL

I am the OP of that other thread, I deleted it because our friendo who made this thread didn't bother the catalog and I didn't want it to be clogged with two threads about the same thing.

You can zoom out in the options if that is what you are talking about. I also recommend using Pixel Perfect scaling. I agree that it's still kinda small but it's easier on the eyes. I play with and zoom out of 3 and pixel perfect scaling.

You can obliterate anything while playing as a Wildling with a half decent claw/caestus and fist weapon maxed out, it's quite op actually.

did anyone else notice that your stats change depending on what you've equipped last? It's infuriating. It even changes if you add a point to your stats.

wildling is easy mode

Most SNES games aren't hard at all though. That entire generation was a massive step down in difficulty from the one before it.

sup shill

Anyone up for a game?

It's a good game OP, I bought it one year ago and I'm waiting for them to implement a Loop system after the release since I loved the loop system back in early access.

The game is now way easier than before. You heal double the amount per stages, getting the backgrounds are now a joke compared to before.
Before for a background you had to work for it, if you wanted something INT related you needed to read a lot of books, if you wanted some kind of poison resist you had to drink a few poisonous potions etc… It made more sense than now.

The release of the game has brought quite a lot of bugs for some reason that EA never had. I just hope they fix all these mistakes so I can enjoy the game again.

thank you friend

People were crying really, really hard in the steam forums about the game being too difficult. Pretty sad

Just finished another run with two friends.
Played as archer mage, with dagger rogue who gave me his bow and arrows at the beginning, and general purpose knight.

I swear that finishing this shit feels like an accomplishment from how hard it can get, too bad we didn't take the detours, does anyone know what happens if you get all the orbs? Is there a secret final boss?

Final boss gets a second form that's actually easier than the first.

Thanks for the link, I played a few games with a friend, it's pretty fun game and a lot less hectic than Spelunky or even Caveblazers, which are the only two platforming rogueshits I can think of right now. Doesn't seem to have a lot of content though.

thanks for the link fam, way better than trying to decypher chinese forum posts on 3dmgame.