Battlefront 2017 only sold between 7 and 8 million units

I didn't see a thread about this, and the last time I recall the issue being discussed we knew the game had missed its target by less than one million units; the hard numbers were not available. Considering Battlefront 2015 sold around 11-12 million units in a shorter time, I think Battlefront 2017 can be deemed a flop by EA's standards (of course, they have their fingers in many pies so I doubt it'll be enough to rattle them by itself). This article is from the end of January, but I think it is still relevant information. Apologies in advance if I'm illiterate and this was already discussed.

archive.fo/8fyUS
Star Wars Battlefront II disappoints with over 7 million sold

Notably, loot boxes are due in March according to the latest update on the Battlefront 2017 blog, although details are scarce. Given their continued profitability (pic 3), no-one with half a brain should expect EA to change their ways.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ywu49
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html
sourcebooks.fordham
archive.is/azVnh
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The audacity of these absolute faggots. I hope the shareholders circumcise them live on camera.

Still way too much.

If expecting 10+ million units for every game didn't work for Square Enix, what the fuck made them think ti'd work out for them?

Don't forget Government Lootbox Regulations means EA forced the other publishers to pay more to their lobbyist ESRB and the ESA to make dumb bullshit excuses like "Lootboxes enhances games" or "It's censorship!", they really fucked up with gullible normalfags who eat Disney's Star Wars movies.

The shareholders are complicit as well. They don't give a fuck about vidya either they just want money, and more money. Profit is not enough they want increasing profits and a perpetual growth.

Holding IPs that are actually relevant to your average fluoridated normalfaggot for one thing.

What the fuck, 7 million units is a lot.

Think about it, the development time and the studios they had working on this abortion, and it's not just sales they are after but player retention of whales who keep buying their microtransaction p2w lootboxes, that was their goal, but they fucked up beyond reckoning.

What I'm saying is that the shareholders should chimp out instead of just sucking up and dumping more money back into them like they always do. The whole fucking thing's a racket I swear.

This, across PS4, Xbone and PC, sold two mil copies less than Mario Odyssey did on Switch alone, and while Mario is big, Star Wars is probably even bigger in pop culture, and had a massive install base advantage.
Even disregarding that, they were expecting far more, so they know they fucked up, at the very least. Do they care, though, is the real question, and the answer is, most likely, no.

threads are always faggotry, but holy shit, do you really have to force yourself to be smug here? It's seven fucking millions. EA expecting more doesn't change the fact it did fucking gangbusters.

Cuckchan Holla Forums calls switch owner casual.

Where'd you get the numbers on Mario Odyssey?
Because if this is true, then EA really did fuck up.

Why do you think cuckchan has been pushing their nuWojak like their lives are depending on it?

archive.is/ywu49
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html
This doesn't take into account the past two months, by the by, so it's probably more by now.

Breath of the wild did another Million on Wii U as well.

If I were to have taken a guess based on internet buzz alone I'd have thought BotW outsold Odyssey by at least 2 to 1. Damn.

So is it possible to find a comparison of sales figures of the original (and good) Battlefront games to see if that BF2 sold more than the original? All I can find is 3.8 million (July 2006) for combined console sales of what I would assume is the original but may be both 1 and 2.

Well shit, I didn't know Mario sold that well.

With the bloated costs of AAA games, the massive cut Disney gets out of the profits and the extremely large advertising campaign; No it didn't even come close to doing "gangbusters".
Especially when the game was designed to milk consumers post release to recoup the lost profits from the "free" updates that were in development since the game went gold.

An autistic retard and his friends who feels like his work should be recognized.
You think shit like this pops up this quickly and with these many variants out of the blue?
At least Amerimutt was gradual and filled, a role that was never really filled with American Spurdo, even if it was forced later on, this shit was forced by a vocal minority from the get go when people already had Beta, NuMale, Cuck and many others, plus pictures to describe these left wing manchilds.

It's why it's dying so fast and it's why it's still being pushed less blatantly now.

Context is important. 7 million copies means something different with a probable 9-figure budget than it would with some random indie game, or even a AA game.

Imagine just how many jews are working at high level positions in McDonalds for them to not notice that normal people don't find that facial expression to represent anything but psychopathic behavior.

Out of curiosity and since it fits the theme of the thread, are you fuckers actually familiar with the progression system in BF2?

Because it's going to get fucking worse and it will be the death kneel that finally kills this fucking game.

It's funny, since I hear Nintendo wants nothing to do with EA these days.

Fuck this industry so much.

The entire economy is run on loans to businesses that gain compound interest, so if you are mildly successful instead of through the roof and into fucking orbit successful you get shti on.

I wish WW3 would start already so we can go straight to concentration camps.

yeah, humanity is still lost
/thread

They do that to keep wages down.

Only it never works like that, at least in most IT fields. Pajeet and Tyrone smash their paws against the keyboard and shit out something that is supposed to look like code, only to crap itself when it is actually implemented, so now you're forced to hire a bunch of humans to decipher what the chimps have come up with and it ends up costing you ten times what it would have if you had hired competent staff to begin with.

oh great can't wait for them to shit on Star Wars even more

Anything to keep the white man from being considered employed full time.

Star Wars is pretty much dead. TLJ ruined it for nearly everyone, and I sincerely doubt anyone will give two shits about some Uncharted clone with a few Star Wars character models, even moreso that Disney erased the EU from existence and replaced it with pic related.

I didn't think it was possible to make Star Wars unprofitable, but the Jews and feminists proved me wrong, and they achieved it in under 5 years.

That'soy lotta BING BING WAHOO!

what are jews even doing.

For the company that makes the loans like EA, they don't have to worry about this kind of debt/interest slavery bullshit and can get by on anything over breaking even.

Oh trust me, I know. It still hurts me though.

It's called poisoning the well. One of their most tried and true tactics.

I wonder what they threatened him with to silence him.

I remember one user talking about Jews in Italy in the Middle Ages, and how the citizens of some town caught a yid trying to poison their well and how that led to a region wide pogrom against the rats.

Tedious work and wages barely making ends meet is how you create an entire population that is satisfied with depression and debt. Depression means people buying distractions and mood altering drugs, and debt needs no explanation.
In this environment, people won't ask for more because they think they already have it as good as they can ask for.

God I am so fucking tired of this scatological fucking jewry everywhere.

Probably a car accident or tragic suicide

topical

Funny thing about that story. The merchant who was doing the deed was actually caught in the act and tried to weasel his way out by claiming it was just perfume. The villagers told him to drink it them if it was so harmless, and he responding by jumping down the well to his death.
To this day, kikes get really anxious if you spray them with perfume and have even banned it in many synagogues.

He's hollywood, my money is on sudden rape, child molesting scandal appearing.

Is this surprising to anybody? Nobody owns an Xbox One, and PC players have access to a far superior Battlefront II which was, at about the same time, updated to restore online play.

It was a perfect storm of stupid people (who have a PS4) susceptible to the bullshit of a BFII reboot - and no access to a superior version (because Sony killed BC).

Or a populace pissed enough, and worn down enough, to ignore their moral convictions and start contemplating extreme measures in order to brings some measure of sanity back to their lives.

A vile vermin to the very end. Even when caught he would rather spite the goyim than try and escape with his life.

Subscribe to PS Now goy, only autists care about input lag and the online dependency.

fuck this gay earth

We had many threads about it in January.

Because it's a fucking Star Wars game. A Star Wars shooter is a perfect formula, they should've sold a ton of copies, not only 7, especially when the "first" one moved 12 million units.
This is the result of two things: Dice becoming a shitty studio, incapable of acknowledging their issues, and the current state of the Star Wars brand under Disney.

I honestly still don't know what happwns to SW under Yidney.
The Marvel movies prove the CAN produce succesful movies or have them produced.
Yet they didn't even bother making a fucking plan for the Star Wars trilogy.
For me this either mean colossal incompetence or intent to destroy SW from the start.

Disney doesn't directly involve themselves with Marvel movie production is the thing. When they get full control it always ends up a disaster.

He wouldn't escape with his life, it was poison.

You mean Episode 1?

Episode I was flawed, clumsy, but not downright retarded or intentionally shitting on the audience.

The problem is not really Disney, it's the person at the helm of LucasFilm who is fucking everything up.
Look at all the shit that was made since Kathleen Kennedy took over. She keeps firing the good people and hiring the wrong one. There's the Story Group composed of 7 womyn and 2 men, they're supposed to take care of the lore but none of them (excepted Pablo Hidalgo) know a thing about Star Wars. The leader of the Story Group is black woman who has written 2 scripts for 2 shitty tv shows in her entire Hollywood career. The authors in charge of writing the books are awful (see Cuck Wendig and his "wibbly-wobbly" Tie fighter, or the wedding with farting aliens).
The story of Battlefront 2 (EA) was really really bad. It features a stronk 56% Mary Sue who doesn't even look like her father (who is an admiral), she's awesome at everything and gets to meet the iconic SW characters. It's written by a former GameJourno guy, I think he used to work for PC Gamer (he's a numale who appeared on a Anita or McIntosh video).

Reminder that Disney killed KoToR I & II for this.

Didn't EA want 15 million sales by April? I can't remember where I heard that. If 7-8mil is all they've got by March then I'd say it's turning out to be a technical flop. It's still complete bullshit that they even got halfway there, though.

IGN writer actually

They wanted insane sales expectation and loot box whale milking till Episode 9 comes out. They are not having a good time when the government is looking to regulate their microtransaction profits.

this. i've heard rumors that the development cost was over 200 million (i don't know if that includes marketing but it's likely), which means at sixty bucks a pop they needed to sell 3.3 million to break even, meaning that they doubled their investment. however, it doesn't factor in how many of those 7-8 million sales were at a reduced price, and we have to remember too that in plenty of other economies - africa, south america, eastern europe/russia - games are sold for way, way less than they are here. finally, the numbers from a quick jewgle search reveal that the lootbox fiasco lowered EA's stock value by over 3 billion dollars, and who cares about liquid assets in an industry where that much money can disappear for one good marketing campaign. stock value/confidence is what's more important and they took a real ass-pounding in that department over this, which is good news for everyone

Never believe EA, only believe their inevitable audit. They lie pretty consistently.

(checked)
Is there anyone from past SW films overseeing any of this or even JJ Abrams?
HOW THE FUCK DO PEOPLE FAIL UPWARDS IN LIFE TO POSITIONS LIKE THIS?

Don't forget Disney royalties, post release maintenance/patches, making DLC content and any money used for advertising before release.

It close to the break even point but also consider
EA isn't going away over this (they would need these back to back) but it still is funny how they took a license to print money and squandered it.

I don't doubt it, but I'd like some sources for that.

Don't forget about what must be spread.

1. That's a lie.
2. It should be "Fewer than 1 million copies sold".

That's actually pretty funny

this is why fucking triple ayy games need to be burned to the ground & all its publishers and developers gassed

burning jews is pretty funny.

I highly doubt EA is taking a loss on this.

it's still spreading, too
the local grocery store has a display of potato chips with 'fun smiles' on the bag and it's mostly soygapes
not sure who wants to eat something that has a picture of someone's wide open mouth on it

If this shit is really mostly on (((kennedy))) then why has Yidney not sacked her after TJL?
Even the most retarded of kikes must realize what a shitshow this suposedly massive franchise has become. If they don't reign that cunt in they become just as guilty in anything that happens.

Youre burying the lead, user. Remember the rumor/speculation that EA was intentionally trying to fuck the Titanfall guys by publishing their game then releasing a slew of their own AAA big budget titles around the same time. Looks like it worked. EA still gonna EA in CY +3.

Whats the deadpool on when they force them into developing a game on an insane production schedule then take them out back when it eats shit hard.

""""""""only"""""""" 7 and 8 million units

Your meme is shit and you should feel shit.

PS4 is the choice console of soyim

jesus how greedy are these fuckers

pol in a nutshell. lets not forget that EA has over a fucking billion dollars in revenue each year for micro transactions alone

I'm glad star wars is dead, the moment i head disney bought it i knew it was dead. lets just enjoy the originals 123456, since they are canon and the disney crap is fanfic.

No. Despite the name, the Story Group has no influence over a script. It's a bunch of people being paid to do nothing. They're only there to say if a story works with the canon (one of the womyn in the group wanted the prequels to be erased from canon).
Pablo Hidalgo is the one who thought that there was no issue with the FTL kamikaze jump in The Last Jedi.

You can't fire a woman in Hollywood, you can only give her a better seat elsewhere (see Amy Pascal).
Kathleen Kennedy's entire career is based on being part of a small feminist circle that was shaming the business. She started as a simple secretary.

HE DESTROYED EVERYTHING

I'd like to know what the game's budget was and how much they had to pay Disney for the license. With the amount of bureaucratic bloat and mismanagement that goes into these games I wouldn't be surprised if they barely broke even with 7 million sales.

Reminder that most of EA's money comes from their sports game monopoly and the microtransactions that come with them.

You shouldn't be laughing. You should be praying for DICE's safety. EA has barely any reason to keep them alive other than the quality they put into their content despite the absurdly short development times, massive EA kikery and social agendas they're forced to accept. They're suffering in a chokehold.

Why? They're a bunch of useless cucks and they deserve much more pain than they'll receive.

They made the first and best big-map FPS games around until 2010, and also made the Frostbite engine. Few people managed what they did before EA fully consumed them. If it weren't for them, most if not all FPS out there today would've been a CoD clone.

Be smart and hate the right target.

You're delusional if you think anyone from their heyday is still working there.

Whoa, stop the presses.

Only because they're so terrible at allocating advertising money. Any video game company that has significant commercial presence on television should fire their entire marketing team.

But Battlefield is still their IP and Bad Company 3 is still in great danger, so.

They're a bunch of swedish cucks, they deserve to get fucked, especially after Battlefield 3, 4, 1 and the two Battlefront games.

It's been downhill after Bad Company 2. They've decided to focus on the nice graphics instead of the gameplay.

Okay

I think I'm solved what's in JJ Abrams so called "mystery box."
It's a hammer that shoots out money when it's used to hit franchises that everyone loves and like those squeaky toy hammers it makes a noise but it's a "JAY!" sound effect.
Also when the money hits the ground it vanishes because of Hollywood accounting.

They were swedes long before sweden became cuckistan though. Retrograde association isn't nice, user. Besides, they're on a contract with EA. They can't just leave. At least not without getting gutted in the court.

Who cares about that trash?

It's like the numale meme is hitting you faggots very close to home or something.

How much of a faggot do you have to be

Look at their 2 Battlefront games. They look nice but the gameplay is shit, there's no customization, no dedicated servers, they lack most of the game modes that were in the previous "real" Battlefront games. They said they've listened to the criticisims but it's not true, Battlefront 2 is even worse than the previous one, less game modes, shitty hero characters, no character customization, multiplayer progression is locked behind a card system which are earned by getting loot boxes. The class system is a good idea but no one has a proper role so the classes mean nothing in game. Also the Frostbite engine can't handle too much stuff so you can't have a rush mode in space, so no epic Star Wars moment.
The Battlefield series is getting closer and closer to CoD. The weapon customization is locked behind loot boxes, etc.

Are you aware that depending on the contract, the publisher can have total control over creative direction of the games the developer makes?
That's the case with EA and DICE. You think they just made their Battlefields into CoD imitations since BF3 because they wanted to?

I'm fairly sure everyone at DICE collectively came when EA announced they'd have the honor to make Battlefield 1: WE WUZ.

So, it pretty much made all its money back and no doubt at least 100M in profit. Not the 20M shipping success they wanted but nothing to celebrate.

Are there other acts by the ESRB that should be noted? I remember an Adult Only rating killed your game in the age of retail, but this is the first major anti-consumer thing I have heard of them in the Current Year era.

Was planning on looking it up but there's other stuff to read and do, plus astroturfers already confirm it for me.
But still went around a bit:
sourcebooks.fordham edu/jewish/1348-jewsblackdeath.asp
archive.is/azVnh

Wow, they took the chest high crates thing literally.

The chutzpah of these holocaust survivors

Cry so much harder, you leftist sack of shit.