Why is this game so good...

Why is this game so good? And why did a series with such a great concept divebomb so hard in quality after pic related came out

Because it's so open-ended with so many great options for taking out your targets.

Bump

To be quite fair, you don't have to kill her to take her necklace; disguise yourself as the poolboy and she takes you up to her bedroom for sexytime, but then she decides she doesn't want you and sends you off, then she drinks and goes to sleep. Either drug the booze next to the bed, or leave and reenter after she falls asleep and grab the necklace then.

Or drug the whiskey bottle downstairs and then disguise as the clown to let her take you for a drink.

Only mission i felt was annoying and not done that well was the last one since it was really fucking hard to go without getting caught.
Sure there's gotta be a challenge but it was crazy with precise timings and even slight fuck-ups and you're found out.

I enjoy 2016, but I wish Professional mode was less fucking retarded. And apparently it has a separate health system from the regular mode, so you can’t even use a trainer to dick around or teach yourself.

Blood Money is the only game in the entire series that has a few mandatory railroaded ways to kill the targets AND, in addition to that, over a dozen different options to approach and complete the missions without following the script. Despite that it's still piss easy, once you understand how the mechanics behind it, you understand how shallow the game really is.

I won't deny it is a great sandbox to fuck around with, especially if you artificially give yourself restrictions, and that it has a lot of replay value, but there's so many things wrong with it that it pisses me off the devs didn't just take the same exact formula, fix every issue with it, give it a shiny new coat and call it a new game.

It indeed still is a huge improvement over the other entries, which were quite literally puzzle games with TWO ways to clear missions which were A go postal and kill everyone or B find the path of scripted shit the devs made the player and clear it with silent assassin and of course it IS the best of the lot but it's definitely not the best it could be, which is a shame.

I can't quite speak about nuHitman since I haven't played and I won't even acknowledge Absolution's existence.

I did that, but with the clown outfit. She was either really desperate or had a clown fetish. I was banking on the latter.

It's not really despite that, but because of that. The harder you make the game, the fewer opportunities you have for deviating from the intended path or just fucking around. For example, see how Absolution made disguises almost useless and how retards and shills would defend it by saying that it makes the game harder. Making a game harder is only a good thing when it improves the game, and in Hitman's case it only served to significantly limit the player's ability to play around (and to promote the shitty instinct system that no one wanted and that was even disabled on the highest difficulty level). Like you said, the ones that came before it and primarily Hitman 2 were more like trial and error puzzle games where you had to find the intended right path rather than letting the player find their own solutions. Basically, that Blood Money is easier than the others ironically works in its favor because it allows you to fuck around and come up with crazy solutions.

By the way, I once heard that if you shoot the target in the opera house right as he gets shot in the play, people don't realize that he's actually been shot. I tried it once but mistimed it a bit and was caught. Is it true that it works if you get the timing right?

i always just do the intended method of getting the luger from your coat and dressing up as the executioner

Yeah, I guess so. I phrased that sentence poorly.

Yes, you can either disguise as the executioner, and do the execution yourself with the real c96 or, for instance, snipe him from the lights room. The timing doesn't need to be dead perfect but you still need to do it roughly when the executioner shoots or would shoot. You can even fire two or three shots in quick succession and he'll just play the death animation after each shot or at least he did when I used the c96 as the executioner, not sure about other methods

I did that for my first attempt, but I did use a suppressor on my rifle.

That's a funny way to type "swapping out the prop gun with the real one."

It's probably the best game I have ever played, I fucking love stealth games with detailed interiors and this one has some really nice missions like the one that takes place in a neighborhood.

2016 > Blood Money

No nigger, fuck no. Just the always online DRM alone is enough to make the game irredeemable shit.

agent 47 looks so puurty though~~~ O_~

I kindly ask you never post that again.

There's more where that came from, senpai~

Step it up, fag.

Best Hitman title theme coming through.

This is another thing that annoys me about 2016, they literally turned 47 into a FF character.

yeah your opinion is gay.
Season 2 when?