I've seen retardeds talk about turning the Switch into a worthless Linux tablet...

I've seen retardeds talk about turning the Switch into a worthless Linux tablet, but nothing about if game cards are mountable for backup purposes. Does anyone know if this is possible, or if there are chinky USB Switch card readers yet?

There's (((private))) methods for dumping nintendo switch games and the same people who made those methods have also uploaded nintendo switch games on (((private))) trackers.

That's interesting, but it doesn't answer the question.

The linux shit hasn't been released, it's just some hackers begging for attention at this point.

So kind of like that non-existent, non-functioning Switch emulator?

Yeah, basically.

How can it be non-existent and non-functioning if it runs code meant to run on a switch?

Mostly because it's announcement was literally fucking nothing.

If you can't play games on it at the framerate the switch runs them with very few emulation-related glitches, it's not functional.

Just because it's not immediately perfect doesn't mean it's worthless, that's hueBR-tier mentality.
Where do you think current emulator come from exactly?
SPOILER: they all started by running homebrew at single digit FPS and were pretty much like that for several months to a year.

That's not what the function of an emulator is, as long as it is capable to run code from platforrm X on platform Y it's functional.
The term you're looking for is incomplete.

End your life you insufferable semantics-spouting cunt. Be honest, are you posting from a recent linux build on a 10 year old thinkpad in a college computer lab surrounded by other equally insufferable nerds, arguing about distros, RIGHT this moment?

Why show it off if it's borderline useless then?
SPOILER: they saw Cemu making 13 grand a month and they want a cut of that.

The thing is a fucking Linux tablet. The only reason to use it over any other shitty Linux tablet, an Nvidia Shield or an actual fucking PC is it's exclusive games. As long as it doesn't have those, it's usefulness is very, very niche.

If you wanna project your BR nigger mentality everywhere that's on you,
Emulating things that runs on the console is the function of a game console emulator, yes that includes games for the most part, but nowhere does it says playable speed or without major issues, half of the emulator wouldn't even be emulators going by that logic
Both Switch emu runs stuff that are meant to run on switch, so they're functional, they don't run much of anything and nowhere near ideal condition so they're incomplete.
Sorry to disappoint.

Yes that's why the Citra team basically told people to stop donating because they had no use for how much shit they were given, must be that.
Must also be why donating gives you absolutely no privileges and the devs don't cave in to retarded users who just want the one game running no matter how detrimental it is to the project and how much do shekels they could wring out of 12 y/o who wanna play pokemon for free.
Regardless I think you'd be retarded to donate actual money to it or any project for that matter, there's basically no fees involved at any point you can't easily avoid (outside of getting hackable hardware since that's actually directly helpful to the project).

What is "it?" Whose word are you basing this on? The dictionary definition of emulator? The point of a game console is playing games. The point of an emulator is emulating the console to play games on it. If you can't play games on it, it's not functional, and should be fixed until you can.

The general definition of emulation in a computing context.
The point of a console is to run code made for it, the point of an emulator is to imitate that behavior, if the emulator can't replicate it fully that means it's not complete, and it should be improved until it can.
Your definition is just dumbing down stuff to the lowest common denominator.who can only think in terms of "muh free gaems" while being unable to bring anything of value to emulation.

for what purpose

Go to the GBATemp forums for your info, before you start making baseless assumptions. It's the forefront of this whole project.

might be usuable as a nicer psp, doesn't the psp have like a 32gb cap for storage even with software hacks?

WARNING: This post has been marked AUTISTIC and RETARDED. Exposure to this post may give you cancer.

What about the nvidia shield and shield tablet?
I think this comes back to the fact that there isn't a single good handheld computer out in the market today. I think if somebody came out with a device that:
Then it would sell like hotcakes. If you took out the gaming part about the integrated controller I'm sure businessmen would love it like they loved palmtops.

No, an Android Tablet is a Useless Linux Tablet, since Android itself is a useless Linux distro and an Android Tablet can't play Switch games

The Switch is still a Linux tablet, but it's somewhat more useful than your average Linux tablet

I mean, with some spottyness, you could probably build something with a Tinkerboard to do something like that, if you are willing to sacrifice a bit of screen resolution. (Talking 640x480 ~800x600)

Android ruins them, provided you can access 3D acceleration from homebrewed stuff properly even the gimped TX1 the Switch has could easily beat a TK1 Shield tablet as a general portable gaming/media portable on latency and A/V sync alone.

the retardeds u speak of are you and everyone in this thread. linux is an operating system.
I'm guessing the switch didnt even really need to be hacked (since its not apple)
why would u need backup mountable games? vidya is for time wasting not

pic related is not you, it's everyone who will ultimately fall for this

Homebrew is better for dumping games than using linux as a middleman
t. Retard who installed linux on his gamecube and spent several hours dumping games through the ethernet

It's mainly intended as a tech demo to prove that they now have full control of the bootloader, which is an important step toward developing a real CFW. The Linux payload itself is of little value to hackers, since the OS partition and cartridges have several layers of protection against this sort of attack.

Unfortunately, the console hacking community nowadays is full of retards who don't know a damn thing about actual console hacking, so this seems to have gone right over most people's heads.

You basically just described the Pyra.

LINUX IS THE KERNAL
=GNU IS THE OPERATING SYSTEM==
OTHERWISE KNOWN AS GNU/LINUX OF GNU+LINUX

What about the pyra? that might come out this year.

No, who told you this?
You can use a 64 or 128gb microsd with an memory duo adapter (that generally have questionable quality in terms of durability tho, they'll crack if you manipulate them too much). Even a 200GB microsd works but I dont recommend it considering you'd be left with some kind of vidya backlog you'll never touch. The XMB menu list will also take more time to load the bigger the microsd card is, so 64-128GB is the sweet spot.

dog bless brad

I don't believe you're smart enough to even dress and eat by yourselves.

I must have misremembered then. I do remember at some point there being an issue with high storage, but at the same time, it's been like 5 years since I touched my psp

Switch wrappers for Tegra-equipped ARM trash when?

What is this?

T-that's not Gimmick music.

So you are upset because they made it better? I don't get it.

I'm not upset at all. Just looking to backup my games.

Well no shit. Hackers never put Linux on a system because it’s useful. They’re testing they’re limits. Home brew is in its infancy still and so is piracy. Be patient.

Pick one