Metal Gear General - metal gear survive sold horribly edition

>>>/mgs/
>>>/mgg/

So let's just talk about the future of metal gear, will it end up as the next bethesda fallout series or will the gaming division of konami end up as Jaleco

events
Metal Gear Solid V FOB

Metal Gear Survive

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/0mtIF
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tough to make a thread with nothing to talk about

Anyone got the standalone 20000000% nuclear image from the OP?

Anyways, what happened to Fukushima? I heard he works for some other video game company now, but I can't find anything on that.

Harsh but true

I think It freedom wars user

A future of pachinko machines and hopefully financial failure on konami's part.

inb4 the konami autist and his mindless kojima hate

Ghost Babel, Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake are the best games in the series.

What about AC!D?

Here you go user. :^)

they were alright. Despite being an alt-universe deal, it's universe seemed far more interesting than what later official releases added to the franchise.

I'm still mad that Survive is even a fucking thing. All that time spent making a shitty asset flip zombie survival crafting shooter and they could've just slapped all of that new shit onto base MGS:V, added coop, and called it MGS:V (This time we actually finished it) Edition and sold it for 30 bucks. Still a shitty cashgrab, but one that would've actually maybe been worth it. As for the future, I don't imagine there really being much of one. I expected them to stick with V as a template and make more spinoff shit to milk but with Survive doing so poorly I doubt it'll happen. Pachinko is probably all we're going to get.

I can't wait for all the anti-Kojima autists to flood this thread, loudly proclaiming that they're super happy with Survive being a massive piece of slop that's endemic of all the worst trends in the gaming industry, happily forking over all their shekels to the niponese Jew, just so that they can feel smug about really sticking it to Kojima.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There really shouldn't be a future. The story was supposed to be finished with MGSV, but as we all know, it got scrapped. If anything, they should finish that fucking game and give us Chapter 3, 4, 5, and any other chapter that may have been omitted. That will never happen, though. Maybe they're jump on the remake train and remake the entire series in the Fox Engine. That would probably be the safest move, as people would have to really struggle to find things to hate about that. Conversely, if they make a MGS6, you just know that people will throw a shit fit, and it could very well be the worst flop in Konami's history.

I honestly hope the franchise stays dead.

Not going to happen, and not something anyone would want, they'll need to radically change each game to sell loot boxes and add microtransactions.

I can see it as a last stand for the company in a vain attempt to grab some quick shekels, but we'll most likely see it used for pachinko videos and other retarded shit.

I don't know. On the one hand, I can see people getting outraged about that, too. On the other, you know Konami isn't just going to sit back and let this franchise die, unless they're going back to resume their plan to completely remove themselves from the game industry. They have to make money somehow, and Metal Gear is one of their most popular franchises. Maybe they'll do a continuation of Raiden's storyline, or introduce another main character who was born in Raiden's distant future. However, those would be actually smart decisions. I don't think the suits at the top would be willing to make such an investment.

Also, look at Square-Enix, Namco, and practically every major publisher. They're happy to sell the same shit over and over again. Square recently released Final Fantasy XII HD, Secret of Mana remake, Chrono Trigger, and let's not forget that they've been remaking mainline Final Fantasy games for some time now. Additionally, it seems like Namco might remaster every Dark Souls game, and they're not the only ones.

So, maybe Konami won't totally remake the games, but it's very likely they're going to do something. Maybe remasters or MGS3, maybe a PC port of MGS4, maybe they're do what they did with Castlevania and produce a MGS anime. No matter what, though, I'd still rather the franchise die already. It wasn't satisfactorily resolved, and any new piece of media will just be a reminder of that. Stop pouring salt in the wound and let it fucking rest already.

I'm sure even they knew that Survive wasn't going to do amazing. Just seems like a quick cash grab on the Metal Gear name. Nothing with serious effort put in as can be seen.

Or maybe this was the best they could do, but I doubt it with the focus on online.

Konami's consistently been proven to be the pachinko Yakuza's bitch. I don't think there's any recovery on their end.

Nobody cares about burch

Imagine when even your typing methods are beta

Don't forget SEGA as well, they selling millions.
archive.is/0mtIF

japan is dead to me

Daily life in Japan fucking sucks. They burn their money at pachinko slots because the cheap thrill they get out of a small win and some flashing lights/cutscenes is the highlight of their fucking week.

you're a fool in the first place for thinking japan doesn't have it's own breed of normalfags and casuals

Am I paranoid for suspecting that was put into the game deliberately by the devs in order to grab press attention and sell more copies? I mean, if there is one game franchise in which people look for easter egg/hidden shit, it's metal gear. There's no way the devs aren't aware of that fact. And the "hidden message" is not hard to find at all.

It's probably literally just a pissed off dev. He knew people would find it, and apparently working for Konami fucking sucks cock. I'd litter my game with middle fingers too if I had to work in their shitty conditions.

Konami is too spiteful to do it. They've got a long history of doing things just to fuck people over, from banning Kojima from his award reception to actively trying to stop people who quit from getting hired elsewhere.