All memes aside, do you think this is a good game? How do you think it compare to Wizardry, Might and Magic...

All memes aside, do you think this is a good game? How do you think it compare to Wizardry, Might and Magic, and the other famous blobbers?

Other urls found in this thread:

thebaneofqueequeg.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-grimoire-thing-just-gets-weirder.html
groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg/Um-SbU7mhNw[1-25]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

100MB of disk space and a minimum of 256MB RAM is ridiculous for a game this old.

I swear I will find the day where Holla Forums unironically complains about a game having a small filesize of all things and when that happens I'll fuck off this shithole for good.
My TI calculator has those specs you fucking nigger

Its fun. Pirate it and try.

It's exactly like the blobbers of old, both in good ways and bad. Unlike Obsidian's offerings it's not retro but rather authentic (it's been in development so long it's legit an old RPG). The Ion Maiden of RPGs.

I feel like there are alot of useless spells just because there are so many of them, and 8 party members is almost too much. i still love it

Tbh if there's one game worth buying it's this one made by a single dude.

It's depressing how accurate this image actually is.

I like how Cleve vehemently stated the game would never be on sale, yet it was 25% off during the fucking Steam Lunar Festival Sale of all things.

Lies.

Oh?

Gotta agree. Plus the guy has been shitposting for 20+ years now with this whole project too, gotta respect that.

Is there some political motivation behind how much each country is charged or does Steam always price things this way? You can never rule anything out with Cleve.

Fuck off faggot, it was some tumblrinas and trannies who only wanted to make fun of Cleve that killed off the Grimoire generals prematurely. They'd shitpost none stop until bump limit then mysteriously disappear> Plus some virus copies floating around I don't know who put viruses in and deliberately distributed those malware infected copies of the game but they apparently did it just to spite Cleve and kill his game off if possible.

Not everyone will like a dungeon crawler.

lucky sons of bitches

френд, ты обосрался

It's just based on purchasing power. Steam does that.

Is this how ruskies call piracy? -100% discount?

>>>/cuckchan/

It has been updated yet? You know, with explanations for each stat and custom portraits? I can wait but using a guide to avoid bugging crucial npcs it´s not precisely fun.

they call it not being a cuck

That's a pretty old (read: pre-exodus) /r9k/ meme originally iirc, but people keep spreading it and making variations. I believe it's a halfchan meme from before fullchan existed.

Have you made it past the first act? Because you gradually realize the purpose of those seemingly frivolous spells as you move deeper into the story.

Then delete it, faggot.

It's amazing how little discussion there was from this game after it was released. might have a point a the threads after it were never about the fucking game and more about meta discussion and shit flinging about the dev scene. Seriously, is the game worth fucking playing or not compared to similar games?

Oh look at that post deletion is fixed. The site used to have heart attack when I tried to delete my posts before and it didn't even delete them.

He's honestly the best shitposter I've ever encountered. Every single one of his posts are a joy to read. His usenet post he wrote after the LA riots was gold.

It really is. If you liked the Wizardry games you'll love it.

I've been playing it on and off. I mostly like these games for interesting puzzles and it's been holding up its end in that regard.

Its wizardry 7-2. I wont recommend it to anyone who hasn't played a wizardry game because they will not know what the fuck they're doing at all. Hell, it took me about 5 hours of fiddling around to get used to it.

/trannypol/ needs to leave.

You should tell your BO to stop filming itself sucking cocks mate. It's embarrassing.

Pirate it, play it for 5 minutes. If it's shit drag it to the recycle bin.

Damn, got a link for that? I never fucking knew.

It's alright. It's full of design decisions that scream early 90s video game for better or for worse, but it delivers on what it sets out to do.

its an unfun piece of trash that the only people who will recommend it will explicitly avoid telling you anytihng good about it. It's remarkably poorly balanced, it looks like absolute shit, and it exists purely to fuel pretentious shit eaters sense of superiority.

The Sir-Tech thread on Codex remains for me one of the biggest and most epic dramas in the history of forum threads.Unfortunately you need a year old acount on Codex to read it.
Here is somewhat redacted summary of the thread.
thebaneofqueequeg.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-grimoire-thing-just-gets-weirder.html

I noticed that too

Nigger a Dungeon Crawler needs at least 2-5 hours.

Looking at the devs post on the Codex, he seems a little… unhinged… to say the least.

Did you find the one about the history of the neanderthals and the melonheads yet?

That's just because you're a sap.

He also said the manual was almost done several times. It's never coming.

Aside from his blatant lying about his product, it's fine.

He just needs to fix a few last micro-spelling-mistakes, give him a break.

Cleve is pretty Holla Forums before Holla Forums even existed, it's amazing how right he was way back in '99.
groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg/Um-SbU7mhNw[1-25]