Remember the beginning of last gen?

Remember the beginning of last gen?
The last few years before the industry went past the point of no return and into what we have today. A time when everyone was on a big arms race to make the best looking games, and many ended up embarrassing themselves on camera. Sure things weren't as good as they were before then, but at least we saw some great breakthroughs and some hilariously bad inventions all the same. It's been over a decade.

Yeah, shit was comfy back then
Even if 2004 started some really shitty trends as well.

So what's wrong with Gran Turismo? Does maker of video has gran autismo?

Things really went to shit when ~2009 came around, when stuff like iphones got a boom in popularity.
Still, we got some good games up until 2008 or so, along with some incredibly stupid shit only a CEO could think of.

Gran Turismo lacked a lot when the PS3 launched. Compared to other launch titles such as Wipeout HD and Motorstorm it was pretty soulless looking.

I wouldn't say so. I enjoyed GT5. The real disappointment came later, GT6 was just a slightly upgraded version of GT5.

GT sport has microtransactions now by the way. Its selling with some gaming credits as a feature of special edition.

I didn't see it stand out until later, but then again a a lot of games were sort of tech demos rather than being 100% focused on being good games.
Those were changing times, when we thought games couldn't look any better, despite all the shortcomings. Now it feels like everything's stagnating, and getting kiked up really hard.

I skipped ps4/ xboner.
Why bother when there's PC?

the biggest thing was people falling for killzone 2 trailer.

Just checked the commentary and had a lol.

You're missing on yakuza.

Why is it that the less someone actually knows about something the more they feel entitled to try and educate everyone about it?

I used to hate the PS3 because Sony fanboys were genuinely the most annoying motherfuckers on the planet back in those days. protip; Sonyniggers don't actually exist anymore, just shitposters b8'ing NintenSoys and Normalfags who fell for the PS4 meme

Looking back now, and having gotten a used PS3 since then, I now realize it was probably the lest decent game console. Thing was built like a fucking brick, used what was at the time a Supercomputer processor, and allowed you to install Linux without any modifications. Shame Sony made it overpriced as fuck and couldn't market it properly.

The PSP was genuinely an overrated piece of shit though, the UMD drives in those, and UMDs themselves, were unreliable as fuck and were a terrible idea. This was back when Sony still thought they could get away with marketing proprietary formats as pieces of general purpose media and like all their attempts at this it never caught on.

You haven't been on cuckchan in 2011-2013 when same arguments appeared as this Mega0003000 saying.
Almost entire /ps4g/ crew bought order 1886 because of nogames.

The PSP was pretty much the last good handheld. As you said, the UMD shit was stupid garbage and the one UMD game I bought stopped working after a year. Once you figured out how to jailbreak and pirate shit on it though, the little thing was a blessing. Still love my 3000.

Sorry user, but i do own ps4 for yakuza and koeitecmo samurai warriors/dynasty warriors stuff.

It's fine to own a PS4 now user. Christ all the Yakuza games it's getting alone would justify a purchase at this point.

The GBA was the last good handheld. No gimmicks, no dual-screen bullshit, and no retarded experimental optical drive bullshit.

That doesn't make you a sonynigger I hope but it does make you a retard for falling for the PS4 meme

The PSP could emulate everything up to that point except PS2, Xbox and Gamecube though. Surely you can recognize the potential it had?
Never used the dual screen shit either, but its online features were also a big boost.

N64 emulation on the PSP was dogshit user. Everything else ran alright though.

I don't really consider homebrew when accounting for the system as how the developers intended for it to be used and marketed. Otherwise the 3DS would take top spot because with homebrew you can also do all that shit.
I was talking about the DS/3DS m8

N64 emulation on PSP was only a thing because the PSP used the same architecture as the N64 and indeed was just a scaled-down version of the same processor as well. I haven't been in the PSP homebrew scene for awhile but I assume everyone still uses Daedalus for N64 emulation. Those guys were pretty impressive programmers to be able to make an N64 emulator from scratch but they kind of had to if they really wanted to take advantage of the similar hardware.

Oh I thought you were talking about Ad Hoc

I thought Ad Hoc mode was just an alternative networking/multiplayer mode
I never used it either though so I couldn't tell you much

ReseteraGaf and cuckchan is filled with actual sonyggers and nintendrones from the caps circulating around here, its constant console wars
In terms of here though nintendrones are so unused to bantz about their shit company that everyone who shits on them must be a sonygger

nigger gt5 was just gt4 with a few new cars and tracks, it reused so much fucking shit from gt4 it might as well have kept the gt4hd name it originally had

GT5 had cars that looked like they came out of fucking GT3.

I'll never forget 2007, the year where nobody owned a computer until the iphone and it was literally a handful of people around the world who had them. Oh and also where cellphone nudes weren't a thing for 4 years before then thanks to the spread of camera phones.

the 2007 meme is what retarded redditers recite when they want to fit in.

The Dunning-Kruger Effect. Oh, you said WHY. We don’t know.

It's pretty funny to see underage faggots act like anyone but die hard macfags bought iPhones before ~2011.

2008 and 2009 were already full of shovelware and mainstream AAA eclipsing even the most shilled Nip releases though.
2008 was still garbage despite a gem here and there.

Yeah, because owning a computer instantly connects you to the Web 2.0
It kickstarted the whole fad you dumbass
What?
What the fuck are you talking about?
You're not even making sense anymore I remember people sharing Mr Hands throughout the school on their phones via bluetooth.
but nobody was talking about it on fucking social media via their mobile device.
You're a fucking retard, interest and accessibility rose throughout the 90s and early 00s, 2007 started this wave of normalfaggotry, decay came later.

2007 was the beginning of the end, how is this so hard for retards like yourself to grasp?

This

Nah lad

Every few years a new crop of game players says the same thing for slightly different reasons. It's always "worse than it's ever been right now". You don't figure out how unimportant you and your opinions are until you have about 10 years of hindsight on it and realize that the sky, in fact, did not fall.

Do you use Clover?

Oh yeah, almost forgot
PAID MODS

the hobby is measurably and objectively worse than it was 10 to 15 years ago

I have 2 ps4s one was a gift after i had one and i use it for the few multiplats i cant play on my pc and yakuza/MHW.

Its DD tier, I still don't know how can people stomach that shit.
It's Shadow of the Colossus tier

Don't forget the near extinction of demos, early access, game-changing preorder content, season passes, the advent of walking simulators, the advent of agendas, and always-online.

Didnt generations have the same problem?

That shit was already happening though, it's just more blatant now.

And 4

That's what I thought until I got my PS4. I'm shocked how many games actually do have demos on the store. I haven't seen demos in ages on PC, so it might just be a console thing.

A demo saved me from buying Little Nightmares.

You could just watch markiplier playing it. Its a short game.

fuck youtubers

BOOPER DOOPER!

I do hope I just replied to some bait

Depends on who you ask, which means it isn't objective at all.

Sounds like you mostly have an issue with ubiquitous network access. There are plenty of games that do not require it. Mid-size companies have frequently been merged/bought out of existence since the 90s, and console FPS taking the lead has been the case since Halo:CE, or Halo 2 at the latest. I find all of those things deplorable, however I am not part of the younger crowd that developed an inflated sense of self-importance on social media, so I don't suffer the delusion that my opinions will change anything about how a corporation conducts its business. The mainstream market left me behind a long time ago, and I eventually accepted that fact. You will, too.

Thanks for letting us know that cuckchan dislikes Markiplier as well.

I like how markimoo (markipoo as i call him) responded positively on trump's gun ban. I always knew he voted red.

I haven't been to halfchan in years though. I just keep saving brainlet memes from shitposters because they're actually funny

Soyboy wojack is pretty cancerous though

Also
I always save images as original filenames

This shit was never funny.

You aren't fooling anyone.

No really, you aren't. kys.

When I see an unix epoch filename past 1450000000000 I start seriously questioning where the nigger posting it came from because I'm not aware of too many other platforms in which images are stored and served in a similar fashion, let alone maintain the original filename. It was either cuckchan, some variant/offshoot of lainchan, sushigirl or disagreement, there aren't that many options.

>>>/cuckchan/

I didn't need confirmation that you were cancer, you let that be known with your first post.

Most imageboards

when we switched from unix filenames to the current system back in august 2016 we were at around 1471xxxxxxxxxx

Can confirm