Dark Souls 2 has the best armor design of all the souls games. Shame about the rest of the game

Dark Souls 2 has the best armor design of all the souls games. Shame about the rest of the game.

A thread died for this shit thread. I hope you are happy.

Thank you dear Holla Forums quality control consultant.

Laugh at him all you want but this is the exact same type of retard that does actually dictate what content stays and what doesn't. All the mods are dumbass sissy bitches that delete threads left and right just because a couple of people don't like them. Not because they're videogame unrelated, they usually are videogame related, just because they don't like it.

OP is right, though, I shouldn't have to force myself to finish this stupid game. 16hrs into it and the bosses keep getting dumber and dumber. Medusa, and a fucking Balrog? The level design is terrible, and relies so heavily on ambushes as to force meme "difficulty" tip: it's not; it's easy, and boring. It's making think DaS3 is going to be even worse based on many people saying it's even more linear…

Effort or >>>/4chan/

OP is right, the armors are decent and all that but there's no other fucking necessity to discuss a game that's bad when it's already been discussed to hell and back.

Go back to cuckchan, moron

I'm not going to ditch heavy moderation for even heavier moderation with a tint of SJWism, dumbass.

I'm curious how much worse original DaS2 was? I got SotFS…

Is this the kind of shit cuckchanners consider perfectly normal and acceptable?

Funny, there's plenty of 0-effort one-sentence threads over there for you to enjoy. I really, really think you should check it out.

DS3 has less ambushes when entering a general area but it has a raging hardon for putting traps and ambushes around items or chests in particular.
DS2 gets better in the DLCs but it's still got somewhat frustrating and boring level design

You seem to be well informed about it.
Why don't you go back to it and tell me what's going on at it right now.

I feel like I would appreciate or enjoy it more if I had actually started with DeS instead of DaS. Starting with the ability to warp to bonfires makes most areas feel like they aren't connected.

Also the way some of them ARE connected makes no sense. Go up the poison area's "Sen's Fortress 2.0, this time with gears!", and then take an elevator to lava land. Except you can see the entire Sen's 2.0 from the outside, and there is clearly no floating lava and castle in the sky…

They really aren't connected. Maps overlap each other when you put them together.
But that's a small detail. The gameplay itself and design is what makes it not good.

numbers

i want cuckchan to leave

this

fuck, can't we just talk about video games?

The armor was meh tier but the weapon gameplay and ideas were good.

DaS:PTD had the best armor concepts, DaS:III was honestly just a copycat of how good DaS:PTD was.

DaS:Re will remind folk what the best Dark Souls game was and is. If they include the cut content I will probably no longer require another RPG for a long ass time.

Like the Oscar storyline?
They ditched that idea for design reasons, not time constraints. Besides, they're handing the port to another company. They're not going to touch on many design aspects other than maybe some quality of life improvements.

Literally every NPC had a storyline in the original concept of Dark Souls. What company did they hand it off to?

They're not going to heavily alter the game to include all of that. It'll feel like cheaply taped together shit. Like I said, they didn't just ditch those ideas for time constraints.
QLOC

DS2 and 3 should have never been made. Business sense told them to cash in on the souls meme, thoughtlessly spew ideas onto a bluray over short development cycles, and wait for it to print money for them and it worked. But it turned the brand into a joke and scored them a fanbase that is a joke, too. Better in the long run if they'd just worked on bloodborne and other games instead, and put souls on a break until it was time for lightning to strike again.

This set was pretty cool though.

Agreed on everything except the fanbase bit. It was already a joke.

I liked Dark Souls 2

It grew on me over the course of my first play through, but I can't bring myself to play it again. This probably has to do with the fact that I played it on PS3 first, with its washed out shit graphics and unstable framerate. I did enjoy the DLCs, but the base game's content was sort of bland.

Me too

I'm replaying DaS2 now, first time in the scholar version. I'd have to agree with the armor design being the best. DaS2 does a lot right, but a lot more wrong (stats, world continuity). Honestly I don't even mind the stat fuckups as much anymore because your important stats softcap way lower, you can just get ADP to a comfy spot and focus other shit, although I recall the pvp meta level was 150. I think the DaS2 pvp scene was the most fun and varied, outside of havelsmelter binocular dashing shit. It's really not a bad as I'd remembered it being, better than 3 at least.

Also, while I do not approve of low-effort OPs, go have a look at how many other threads on Holla Forums have shit-tier one sentence / copy paste general shit OPs. Really makes ya think.

Die.

Star Wars Episode 2 and Dark Souls 2 have a lot of similarities.

For example the one where i consider them both best of the series.

Yeah, DS2 had its problems, and most of those problems had to do with its rushed development, but I did manage to like it for what it was.

Why is Yukari such a best girl? I swear I wanna violently cuddle her inside her own PzKpfw. IV and then I'd tickle her till she begged me to stop.

Dark Souls 2 is legitimately my favorite souls game. I don't have an autistic analysis or essay to explain, it's just the most satisfying to play for me.

Favorite doesn't mean better, so you have nothing to explain and all people can say is you have shit subjective taste.
Also backing up your arguments isn't autism. If we were to believe anything some dumb faggot says, we're below even monkeys.

You're pretty invested, huh?

You're really new if you think this is anything but common

DS2s ambushes sucked dick, you could usually see them in advance and there were too many mobs of enemies thrown at you for cheap difficulty, not very fun

I think the dragon form in DaS2, so I guess

Is there PC mods to make durability loss not suck a bag of dicks yet? Haven't touched this game in years but sniping shit with mage/hexer build was mega comfy.

Dark Souls games have great armor design. Shame they wasted it all on such a shitty series. Had it been a game where cosmetics matter a lot more such as TES, I'd play the fuck out of it.

I never had weapons break so I don't think it's an issue anymore. Only time I had things break was in Archdragon Peak because of the exploding mummy niggers, but they'd break the dragon rings, not weapons nor armor.

Where is it?

There are no fun DS2 mods.

Syn Knight best armour, should have been the Canon set.

DaS is only good up to Blight Town, then they ran out of money so they started putting in stupid, underdeveloped ideas and copy pasting enemies. Vanilla DS2 may have been the worst, but Scholar brings it up to the most consistent quality. They never bothered to fix any of the others.

You are not getting your overcuck threads.

Funny thing is you're the only one who brought it up, overcuck.

why stick to the bad games and not play demon's souls and bloodborne instead?

???
The fuck? Are you are a faggot or something since your using their logic?

What's the logic behind bringing up something nobody even talked about?
All you're doing is bringing up the subject yourself. I was specifically talking about metafaggots that excessively police every thread as if moderation wasn't already exaggerated as hell.

Because it still runs at like 20fps. I tried man, but fuck it dies in the opening area.

You are fucking retarded mate. You are the kind of fag who preaches acceptance of low quality thread and shit games. If it wasn't for people "policing" then this board would be like cuckchan.
You are a faggot and you should kill yourself.

good game design > occasional poor performance

Occasional? Try constant. And it still counts as poor design when you have strict hitboxes on your weapons, but enemies don't.

either something is wrong on your ps3 or you're emunigging and expecting a good experience. Game mostly ran at 30, dropped occasionally when there were heavy enemy quantities or in a few areas with lots of particle effects.

They're not
It's just multiplayer updates and a graphical overhaul
It's not worth it and it's a cheap cash grab

Idk the cause but my ps3 just couldn't do it. It was cracked, so maybe that affected it?

Cracked as in homebrew, not like damaged.

There was nothing here that was lower quality than the other shitty threads that are already on here. Armor designs is a legit subject. What you're doing is bitching about literally nothing and promoting even more fucking moderation where it's not needed.

They really should have just ended with 1 and made 2 it's own thing. With extra dev time and stopping the switch up halfway though it might have been interesting, you can tell in game where shit was part of the original design and stuff that got hacked up and shoved in later

Also when your weapons bounce off of walls but enemies' weapons don't.
Also when enemies' weapons CLIP THROUGH WALLS but yours don't

They haven't fixed this in any of their games yet, nor have they even tried to deal with their camera problems

THANK YOU. The camera is so fucking shit I can't believe it, specially when fighting big monsters.

Dark souls 2 is the phnatasy star 3 of it's franchise.
the series should have been a one and done, but here we are

Yeah, OP. I love Game of Thrones, too.

There's nothing Dark Souls 2 does better than any of the others in the series. That includes the designs and characters, which aren't memorable either.

Dark Souls 2 does build variety a lot better than the other games in the series. You can make all sorts of retarded meme builds that work because of power stancing or using unorthodox weapons without it being a fucking chore. My Belmont run in DS2 was amazing because whips weren't complete garbage.

Build variety and pvp.

that would be nice if the combat wasn't shit and the enemies were fun to fight. I give it a D for effort

Dark Souls 2 was my favorite. I lived to kill all invaders. Demon's Souls was obviously the best solo series game.

I just killed a giant rat wannabe Sif. It somehow managed to be easier than Sif; even including the 4-5 extra toxic rats bullshit. Between the several of the last few bosses being Greek mythology, then a random LotR Balrog, and last night a blatant Sif ripoff I'm finding it really hard to persevere.

pretty sure From had to sign a contract to produce more than one for Namco, but Miyazaki only cared about the first game, was doing bloodborne during 2 and just rubber stamped the third after Namco got heat about him not being involved with 2

This, it's one of the better things that 2 did and got ignored afterwards, that and the hugely superior inventory

shame about the combat
shame about the "story"
shame about the graphics
shame about the console port
shame about the rest of the series as well

not gonna lie, it was a bit of a let down when it came out. i didnt have nearly as many complaints about it as you guys did, as i was just desperate for a new map to explore. but then i got to majula and realized, oh shit, they just give you fast travel right out the gate. i figured there would be some sort of restriction or item cost to do it, but nope. the interconnectivity and feeling of exploration that i loved from DS was ruined right out the gate.

also, while a couple maps looked pretty cool from afar, it was pretty ugly when it was up in your face. didnt mind too much as i was on ps3 and expected it. but all in all i probably would have loved the game if the release order of the first two souls games had simply been released. i still had fun with it, but it had an air of letdown because the first one felt more polished.

the game that ive found that i go back and replay the most out of these, is actually demons souls. its very much its own thing and a lot of the mechanics of it should have been carried over in my opinion

i agree with this. and the ability to respec saved me a lot of time grinding uselessly.

theres a really great game just waiting to be made by combining each of the excellent parts (as they each had SOMETHING that was done right, just simply at the expense of other mechanics) of each game in the souls series.

Just gonna piggyback off of you because you reminded me of fast travel discussions from the past.
I've heard people say you couldn't really make a game of DaS1's size without fast travel (maybe to defend fast travel from the beginning in the other games), but I don't see why not. You just need a second hub, instead of relying entirely on Firelink to always be the return point.
The point where fast travel becomes a necessity in DaS1 is the same point that it's given to you, ie. after clearing Anor Londo. A simple solution would be to send the player to a new hub in the township below Gwyn's castle and have the journey continue from there. Obviously, this would require some reworking of the areas that came before Anor Londo, but it could work. The showdown with Gwyn could still be in Firelink, because that would only take a single trip back from Anor Londo at the end of the game, which wouldn't be a big deal. Some new NPCs would be introduced to deal with vending of spells and items. Bonus, no yellow fog doors.
A game like that is what I'm waiting for. A big, carefully crafted world designed to function without warping.

I think the build variety would be nice and worth mentioing if the game wasn't an absolute disaster of design. It's like pointing out how bafflingly bad drake of the 99 dragons is but following up with "at least the name was good!" As if its a real point.

It doesn't make the point invalid. You're just pointing out the game is bad despite this one thing that's good. If you admit it's a good thing, then that's the point.

The only thing I really love about DaS2, which they removed from 3, is that running heavy attack with an ultra greatsword causes human sized enemies to fly off. It made me feel like Nightmare.

Too bad it was also nerfed to shit because PvP fags can't ever stop crying about stuff they get killed by.

PvP killed the series. Instead of delivering a great SP experience with some side MP stuff, they had to ruin everything with balancing. Souls MP was never about balanced fights and MUH HONOUR, it was about leaving messages to help players or trick them, to put your sign down for co-op or invade to steal humanity/ephemeral eyes. PvP becoming such a focus, despite the terrible netcoding and backstab fishing, meant they had to spend more time tweaking things for PvP enjoyment instead of just letting things remain.

It also had the best NG+

supposedly shit got so bad with that in DS3 that there were only a few viable weapon loadouts and the change up of matching completely killed it

Agreed

Warner Brothers bought it and turned it off. It was called Asheron's Call. Portals and portal recall spells were just for short cuts to places you could run to on a huge open world map. Recall spells only worked for portals you had already ran out to and discovered.

Hoping the ACE team (asheron's call server emulator) gets to the point we can actually play the game instead of just explore the preserved dead world.

and fuck the guys that act like pvping in DaS is such a great and competitive thing. They're the same kind of guys who insist on tiering Super Smash Bros. characters and all the meta to go with that.

I've seen this faggot on multiple boards saying the same thing every time. Is this now a pasta?

This is what made killing the cancermancers in the brotherhood of blood arena so satisfying with my retarded builds

I’ve played both and I feel like FROM looked at all the things people complained about and made them worse in SotfS on purpose because le Dark Souls is hard meme. It fixed some of the technical issues which is awesome, but they made enemy placement throughout the levels of the game much more obnoxious, to the point where Drangleic Castle is just filled to the brim with random enemies that don’t belong there, as if someone was just picking random shit out of an Enemy Entity tab while editing the level. What the fuck are manikins doing in the castle? Why is the execution horse there? Why the fuck is there an Old Knight there? Why is it just a hodgepodge of random enemies as if no one knew what the fuck they were doing? Heide’s Tower of Flame and Shrine of Amana are also more obnoxious, in my opinion. Also weapon durability is fucked. Then you have the DLC bosses that are clearly designed to be fought with summons, Elana being the biggest example

I feel like almost all of DaS2 issues could have been solved by being more liberal with the weapons and armor you can acquire at the beginning. They forced you into subpar equipment for the whole first part to sort increase the difficulty but that really kills the fun. Other than that some of the areas have really great atmosphere but feel the smallest out of all the games.