Metal Gear Survive UK week 1 sales down considerably compared to The Phantom Pain, Metal Gear Rising

archive.is/uqrh7

gematsu.com/2018/02/media-create-sales-2-19-18-2-25-18 (couldn't archive so I took a screenshot which is the second image).

Metal Gear Survive couldn't even beat Girls und Panzer and was nearly beaten by a half assed Senran Kagura remake. Not even with an iconic name that's been relevant for more than 2 decades and most likely millions put into advertising. It's already getting "Mixed" total reviews on Steam as seen in image 3. It doesn't help that the game is always online, costs 40 dollars despite having gatcha tier microtransactions, and wants you to pay 10 dollars for extra save slots.
archive.is/7hSi2

Will Konami learn from this? _____No______
I know there is already a MGS thread but this is dedicated to shitting on a game and the company that has tried to shit on consumers just as EA did with BF2.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/YM8ZL
vidlii.com/watch?v=XypUTlyTnCN
archive.is/1vjje
archive.is/D1q5L
archive.is/kL0i4
archive.is/hOOMQ
sea.play-asia.com/girls-und-panzer-dream-tank-match-english-subs/13/70bjll
steamspy.com/app/543900
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All according to Keikaku

Your thread sucks more than the other ones. Delete it.
you're a cunt.

Metal gear survive
KOJIMA
Disgrace
Microtransactions
Fuck Konami!
Kojima!
Metal Gear Solid
Loot boxes
PAID SAVES
Kojima
Metal gear solid!

I love that this faggot didn't even actually play the game but rates it anyway. Then complains about microtransactions and immediately after shills his patreon.

Also, your pic is out of date. It's back to positive.

who gives a shit? That's a tiny market.
How's their American sales doing?

no info yet. Steamspy not working either. I do know it sold 40k in nippon land, so nips love it. Rons prolly playing it right now.

Gaming is haram in UK.
Besides, you use knives, machetes, sledgehammers and other dangerous tools in the game, not to mention you can wall yourself off with BARBED WIRE FENCES that hurt incoming enemies
OI, GET A LOIFE M8, BIN THAT KNOIFE

Do you really need to play a game to have a good grasp on the quality? There's so many ways to analyze a game before actually playing it these days. Also where did he rate it?

Even if it's a tiny market compared to the US, it selling so low compared to Rising and 5 in the same country should tell you something. I have no clue why Konami would think another zombie game would be a good idea when that fad was already overplayed ages ago.

40K's nothing even on Japan's population. Since everything was resued assets it was probably dirt cheap, but if it's not much better in the west then the gear team's screwed. Considering they offered it for 40 bucks off the bat instead of 60 here they don't have much faith in it succeeding.

…No shit?
I have no reason to suspect even Konami expected it to perform anywhere close to Phantom Pain.

Good.

Thank god they deleted all those negative troll reviews!

They were planning on going full pachinko shit and mobile garbage till the Government legalized gambling, how long they can keep running their already bled out and talent devoid video game department is gonna be interesting.

The steam review system is notably corrupt, especially if you consider a bunch of reviewers selling their shit to you that they get a cut of biased. Because boyo, that shit is what we call a conflict of interest. Companies pay off sites, Steam prunes reviews on it's own because they get a cut of what's sold. And if you've seen the webms, they have a switch that turns off the averaging algorithms to default to "positive" just for that very purpose.

I'll be honest, I don't want any more Metal Gear.

I was satisfied with the series after 4. Continuing on with Peace Walker and 5 just leaves a bitter after taste that the series didn't actually get a good "finale". At least in terms of Big Boss' story.

I'd play it. Technically Metal Gear Solid did that with the Vulcan Raven boss fight where you have to run away and hit him in the back because he has a fucking minigun.

What was the point of Peace Walker anyway? Making Big Boss look like an idiot?

I share your feelings, but for games like Advance Wars and Command and Conquer. I'd rather them live on in my memory than see worthless versions of them being pumped out yearly.

What's hilarious about all of this mess is that Konami could've just made like a mission pack for MGSV or created a military game using the same engine and mechanics and call it something else but nope, fucking zombies + survivalshit. Why can't they remember the days where they had German Shepherds as referees on soccer fields? Why can't suits think of anything fun?

Probably just setting up AIs as a major plot point to bolster them in MGS2 and MGSV.

Read between the lines. If anyone wants to start over and not lose their old save then you would have to buy a new character slot unless there was a way to back up your saves. There is no reason for them to do this but money.

Zombies are barely even a fad anymore and yet they thought people would want more of it. The market is already flooded with survival shit too so it's doubling down on a game no one wanted. Not MG fans or casuals as they would rather play something like Pubg.

i guess if you want to experience the gripping story mg survive has to offer you'll have to pay :^)

To be fair, Anchovy is fucking hot.

What does Konami have at this point that's actually worth caring about? They lost nearly all their major talent and everything that comes after just feels like a soulless cash grab. Why did they even come back to the vidya market? Was it because Japan was implementing new regulations on pachinko?

Even their damned bugs are funnier than seeing people do a T pose.
Also the best glitch in that game is likely the one where you manage to get a player behind the opponent's net and walk into it, scoring so many goals you loop back to 0.

I think adding zombies was more of a strategic decision to make a piss poor AI as well as a more dynamic game where streamershits would react to adverse conditions. All in all it could've even been good if they added more levity and had funnier enemy designs.

Succinct point and a nice fucking GET to top it off. Until the consumers get full control of the industry (spoiler: they never will) you will continue to see executive meddling for as long as video games go without a crash. It's for this reason we need a collapse, the sooner the lights go out the quicker we can get our guys into the key positions necessary before they come back on again.

gb2 >>>Holla Forums with all the other defeatist anti-whites. You can come back when you stop decrying "forced Soros memes" the same time you stop propagating them yourself.

Konami wanted DayZ early access money. Too bad the craze died for PUBG and Fortnite.

MGSV is really a great game, I just didn't realize how much the variety allows for you to have fun in a way that you want to; I don't think I ever had fun roleplaying the venom that everyone else seemed to; the appeal of sneaking around and fultoning everyone and making sure to be as passive as possible was lost to me, even though I loved doing it in PW. The thing about PW though was the areas were small I guess, so I could easily manage tranqing everyone in an area, slowly sticking them up, interrogating them, and fultoning them out. It's just more fun in TPP to become that murderous bastard that big boss became, even if you're just his medic.

MG survive is selling well in japan thought
archive.is/YM8ZL

>You'll never do it on foot, alone
>Dite will never be called Outer Heaven

is the anti-kojima sperg in this thread too
please tell me how AMAZING this game is

Wow user, it's almost like you're retarded.

Holla Forums just hates it cuz it b popular

That's what the zombies/ infiltrator combos are for. The idea is very few soldier with extremely good gear.

That being said:

user please stop making me wish for an incredibly fun vidya game that will never happen.

Things that sold better than Survive in Japan

I appreciate the archive but I even posted the image and link in the OP. What are you even trying to prove? MGS can't even beat niche games for a niche audience in its opening week. That's pretty awful for a AAA company that most likely puts millions into advertising. Thinking about it now it's most likely due to Konami being cunts and not the fact that it's a zombie game. Japanese consumers are definitely less likely to buy something if they personally felt like they were being insulted by them. Like how they boycotted Star Ocean 5 as soon as they realized it was censored. People were already on the fence after 4 was painfully mediocre and the preemptive censorship pushed them over.

I'd prefer if you could just attack other players bases through a wormhole. And if necessary, the battles between other humans was for the resources you need while travelling through countless universes of dite. Though i'm not sure if they ever recognized other universes, or just timelines like the nanomachine plot.

its not popular though

I don't know if multiplayer would work for base attacks, since it would require both sides to be balanced around skill, instead of being decided by the equipment and strategy before the battle begins. However, it would be fun in neutral ground missions, like the soldier extractions.

ok then explain how MGSV is amazing as well, and don't forget how Metal Gear Online is the top bastion of online multiplayer.

I use to like British school girl uniforms. Until 3D sluts ruined them for me

play ghost babel nigger

A HACKEO FRAUDJIMA HIDEKI KOJINGLES GAEM

The chans are a bit like Out Haven if you think about it.

Outer*
Well fuck

Reported.

Never forget.

Wasn't there something like that soon to be released? I remember Yoji Shinkawa also did some design for it

Left Alive.

i don't get it.

Yeah that's the one.
But it's not from Konami, it's Square-Enix. Maybe they upgraded their FFXV engine, or borrowed the MGS engine from Konami.

Here's 5 Bucks

vidlii.com/watch?v=XypUTlyTnCN

He's not wrong though.

nice animu faggoy, go to
>>>/a/

So how is he wrong then?

Who's this semen demon?

A man.

I'm pretty sure he knows that.

There are too many ways to effectively write it down. If you'd prefer I could do it in vocaroo.

toplel

Nice projection

How about i tell you about children on pride parade?

Don't bother, the lolicons and extremely deep in denial about the fact that they're kid fuckers in training. Lolicon is EVEN WORSE than NTR.

Lolicons are as much pedos in training as weebs are samurais in training.

Are you implying that's not true?

And people are shocked it bombed.

Got the original version of that?

same with mgs5 but that did amazingly well

So are you going to spend 40 shekels on a cut game so you can spend over a hundred shekels to complete what you already should have had to begin with?

paid character slots that allow you to grind for shit at double pace because every item is shared
Still pretty shitty but not as much as you'd suspect

i don't know whats worse, microtransactions or people like you who have OCD so bad they can't even function. i hope you work at a store where you receive my skids of perfectly aligned boxes except the one in the middle i reversed

but you sleep for 24 hours in game and everything refreshes. only thing you'd be grinding is those shitty base digs

I know, that's why the outrage is pretty fucking stupid considering there's no need for grind, especially with the co-op rewards being fixed so you don't get a truckload of broken weapons you can't fix because for hard mission you get 1 tungsten or chromium.

actually that's medium. hard ill get around 12 usually. there's also a few spots in singleplayer that give 4 each and respawn if you sleep for a day or 2

I mean it used to give you next to nothing in terms of resources (but a fuckton of gear and weapons) on hard on release, they first overnerfed it, then fixed it to reasonable amounts

Okay shabbo's goy, next time you order a mc burger expect half of it at full price, oy vey and don't forget the lettuce, tomato, and onion dlc.

Guess what got BURCHED?

wtf applying for a refund now.

More prove that Kojima is a lazy idea guy.

I pray the day comes when faggots realize just how much of a hack Kojima really was.

I bet most even most gaymers have no fucking idea who he is

He looks so sad.

But they only need to turn on MGS4, or watch a let's play bootleg movie online?

Just got my hands on the Girls Und Panzer game myself. It's surprisingly fun so far. I like how having the navigator out allows you to quickly look to your left and right without turning the barrel. It also makes it so it's easier to spot enemy tanks that are hard to see through foliage so their icon pops up. If shot at (or if you're close to flipping) they'll retreat back into the tank. The shooting system has an Active Reload mechanic like Gears of War too so you need to get the rhythm down on how fast your tank can reload. Another nice thing is that you can rev your engine and boost yourself forward or backwards if you're still making it so you can pop out of a corner quickly or retreat back somewhere.

Only an hour in so that's all I know so far.

Why is there so much hate for Kojima exactly? Most other writers for vidya don't get this much flak if at all. The only exception being VNs if you consider those games. Hell barely anyone brings up Kojima here but people will go out of their way to shit on him.

Look closely at the first letter of the last names
KJP FOREVER

His westabooism for hollywood reached critical mass, also MGS games after 3.

They only need a handful of whales for it to be successful. Konami will learn they can keep doing this, it's almost always profitable because gamers are fucking retarded.

I realize that. While most gamers are retards, you even said it yourself that its whales who give the most money. According to some studies, 95+% of people don't put money into gacha games. The whales provide that much money.

archive.is/1vjje
archive.is/D1q5L

Here's a retard from Cracked that spent $9000 on a game. Thankfully, the commenters called him a retard like they should have.
archive.is/kL0i4

What's more crazy is how much Japanese spend compared to every other country.
archive.is/hOOMQ
I wonder why that is. Maybe because they appeal to people's dick so much? Every time a gacha game gets big, Comiket content is usually centered around said game. The big thing now being Fate/Grand Order. It has a lot of characters that appeals to both sexes. The only big gacha game in Japan that didn't rely on fanvervice, from what I remember, was Puzzle and Dragon. And that still had some ecchi monsters.

What modes does it has? Do you think that it'll be worth to play for 20+ hours? This is an urgent question since i wanna buy it.
Keep posting best gril my man

I haven't played with the modes besides Story which I'm going through right now. Can't say much on multiplayer as I haven't tried it yet. There's a Domination mode which I have no clue of and a Free Battle mode which is self explanatory but I don't know how much customization you get. Speaking of which, you can change the color/camo of your tank while adding a bunch of decal. None of these change the stats of the tank so you don't have to worry about optimizing based on looks.

Who you pick as your navigator does have some influence. Who is on your team can increase certain stats. If you know certain groups based on the show/manga, you can pair them up and get bonus stats. The obvious ones are the school students of each academy paired up. But looking at the list, there are a bunch of pairing you can set up for bonus stats.

One mechanic I didn't mention before is the Panzer Fever. For about 3-5 seconds you become invincible and your active reload is automatic. You gain this by shooting and moving. It's a motivation bar on the left of the sight (HP is on the right side of it). No clue on how to drift yet.

I'm enjoying myself so far and don't see a problem putting that much time in. My only gripes being obvious slowdowns when several tanks are on the screen firing at each other and the lack of actual environmental damage. You will see many scorched landscapes from tank shells and tread marks but no actually destruction of the landscape. On another note, I light the military music. Simple and appropriate.

If you're planning on buying it, I think buying singapore PSN cards would be the best way to go about it. Right now the USD (assuming you're from the US and not EU) is stronger than the SGD Singapore Dollar by 1.3. It shouldn't be hard to make a PSN account for that and buying it from PSN. They sell Singapore PSN cards on Playasia. It would most likely be cheaper than actually buying physical Asia version ($53 without shipping).

Hideki Kamiya likes the game, apologies Holla Forums.

But that’s rape culture

So the servers will shut down next week thanks to burch's kiss of death?

The whole purpose of Survive was to create a bad game on purpose. That way, they can convince investors, stock holders and themselves that the series is dead and move on. That's why they put so little effort into the game.
Companies do this all the time in order to kill off IPs that don't interest them.

What is this? Holla Forums?
Fuck outta here

Ahhh i see, i guess this will do to fill my need of tank vidya atm. Thanks for the info
Care to elaborate more on the new squad system? i mean what positions does it have?
Aww yiss, now i can get to know cinnamon-san and footloose Shizuka even more. They're in the game right? Seriously, Ribbon Warrior is probably the best mango to spun-off from GuP, its serious but not too edgy enough like that GuP doujin, and the protag is an unashamed fetish bait.
The thing is, i'm a SEAfag and my country bucks are on a downturn to promote outside funds or someshit
Yeah, i think i should buy it digital i want it nao and on a cheaper price. But i like the novelty of physical copies so maybe i should wait a little bit until i saved up enough money.
They should have enough stock until next month right?

Well i guess they failed spectacularly because its selling more than monster hunter world in japan

I really appreciate how autistic the menu is in terms of food.
Shame you never actually see it.

NO U

So is miller. Technically Big Boss was originally, but I think they retconned it out and made him either a wasp, or a german/irish mix.

Anybody who thinks a single person makes or breaks a game is a fucking idiot.

Miyamoto broke Paper Mario

Simply Navigator, Crew, and Support. Navigators are usually the main characters or squad leaders like Darjeeling. They have the biggest passives of the group. One of them allows you to detect any tank from any distance as long as they're in your line of sight. Some allow you to keep enemy tanks on the mini-map longer after losing sight of them which is pretty important. The crew members are dependent on how big your tank is. The more powerful tanks can have 5 members (not including navi and support) while the smaller ones have 2. I have yet to unlock any supports units so I can't say what they do.

Can't say, I haven't ran into them. I have yet to actually get into the series in general. I saw the gameplay and thought the game looked fun so I got it.
Actually it looks like it's out of stock and they're restocking at the moment. So I would assume so.
sea.play-asia.com/girls-und-panzer-dream-tank-match-english-subs/13/70bjll

The development cost was also probably much lower than the other major entries that were focused, big single player games.

The scavenger perk shouldn't be a post-game thing, should be in the default tree, holy fuck. scooping resources makes things so much more convenient.

For example?

>steamspy.com/app/543900
I thought this turd sold over 300k copies on steam
Pleasantly surprised.

you know there's actual legit criticisms that make this a turd of the game and i can say that you 100% are thinking of fucking none of them and instead just feel like parroting memes and youtube celebrities.
like for instance, you don't get sold save slots, you get sold character slots so its basically useless. Now the real criticism where the micro transactions do kind of hurt is the "base digger" after you beat the game. You start a dig with 3 waves and beat one wave, the next fucking wave comes in 24 hrs in real life. want it to come sooner? pay those sv coins boi. game is also unfinished, there's no golden(epic) gear other than a pistol that you can get unless you cheat and there's no way to upgrade your purple weapons/armor unless there's secretly something unlocked from one of the base digs no one does because there is items locked behind you can't unlock in online co-op like the livestock cages in the first base dig

thats a whole lot of meaningless assumptions you took from literally 3 sentences
Are you getting paid by the number of posts or by the word count?

Must've hit the nail on the head though.

Good to know Konami can hire at least two different devices to shill for their microtransaction delivery system.

So what are these "gatcha tier microtransactions" I haven't heard about any loot boxes you pay with real cash like PUBG or any random roulette shit. All I've seen is MGSV type micros-transactions like paying to speed up shit or more character slots.

Gacha shit is lying around the map in containers and you get gacha shit based on your performance in co-op
"Paid save slots" are like FOB's in TPP, actually 2nd character allowing you to double the farming output for whatever reason

It has gear cases but those can only be acquired through gameplay.

how much does konami pay you, shill?

but thats not gacha tier transactions since you dont an option to buy those cases
you can also just cheat if you're that anal

Literally everyone is shitting on this.

:^)

It's popular to hate it though.
I let obese ecelebs shape my opinions on every matter.

Patrician.

wew lad
I love current year +3.

part of backlash is how fucking passionate people are about this shit and how easily they'll unsubscribe if you go against the grain. you have to make the decision of either praising a game that started getting shit on other big youtubers and lose a ton of subscribers who subscribed to you and those youtubers or ride the hate train and make those mad youtube bux and gain subscribers further cementing how much you'll toe the line with the other big players

Reminder that Russian Hackers are behind Survive's success, and basically we need a nuclear war, right now! It was her turn anyways

I NEED that shit.

I'm more surprised by Nier's sales and the fact that a year old game is still competeing with much more recent releases.
Still waiting for that translation of Das Finale. Not knowing Nip is painful right now.

Is that a fucking flammenwerfer?

Items in the screenshot are

The entries on that list lead me to believe everything's underperforming over there outside of mobile shit and it's more a competition to see who's floundering the least at this point.

Also, if you've ever needed more proof that 7 Peso Pedro didn't even play the games he reviews.

Survive is not a bad game but holy shit it takes ages to finally be able to play the co-op stuff.

It would be nice if people made videos like this for actually worthwhile games.

How can anyone considered human watch those youtubers?
How do they live their daily life if they can't figure out simple game mechanics
Also, you don't even need flags, you just need the compass which appears when you stop.
I was honestly impressed that Survive allows the player to get lost (even though you can just teleport back, leave your items and they'll be marked on the map)

Well, considering 2/3 of them have an audience largely composed of shitskins I don't think even they consider themselves human.

that actually looks pretty fun.

Sad!

b-b-but Kojima is a creepy sexist bigot raping Joosten by scanning her feet soles?!
Was he a maestro all along, or is it his turn to sony and hollywood that caused this 180?
or were we always at war with Eastasia?
(^:

He was a man. Just a man.

I mean, he had some really fun ideas and participated in making some really great vidyagames, but he really needed a co-director to keep his immense autism under control.

Got something you want to tell us here?

no doubt, i just find it hilarious how prevailent doublethink is among reviewers shills subhumans with influence and selfimportance

So just how bad is Metal Gear Survive?

I thought it was bad during the beta thinking it's just a zombie defense game, but after watching a friend played and beat it I think the main game is a 7/10. Without the Metal Gear title it wouldn't have attracted so much flak and is actually better than most zombie games out there in terms of gameplay and story.

I wouldn't buy it though since it's still revolved around base defense and I hate that, but the exploration part is well done and tense at time.

It's decent.

It was fun when at the start, funny when you kept getting hundreds of ammo and grenades.
Stopped being fun around 20 million grenades per mission and game crashing when you ended a mission
it's alright, extremely autistic cooking menus, unlike FFXV it doesn't have pictures to salivate at, though

Becuase both Jim and Yongyea are Kojima fanboys, and not metal gear fanboys. Any metal gear fan knows Fukushima was the true hero of metal gear all along. And countless others whom Kojima took credit for.

Why did you put a waifu as your topic picture, you just make most people keep scrolling as soon as they see that stupid shit.

That's not how you use that term.

Konami's generosity knows no bounds. or more likely, it's the 32 bit integer

niggers